I need friends *round 3* (Texas edition)

Millerrr973
4/11/2018 8:23pm Edited Date/Time 4/26/2020 6:35am
So this morning I got an offer for a summer internship with SpaceX in Hawthorne, CA. I will be moving to LA for the summer and needs some people to ride with. I know some of the big tracks I need to hit that are too far (Glen Helen, Pala, Zaca Station, Milestone, etc). Anyone in the area that would like someone to ride with? I’m packing up May 11th when my Co-op ends with Toyota and heading west. Any tracks I should hit on the way? I’m from West Virginia, so I ride a lot of east coast tracks never riding anything west of Ohio.

Here is a picture of my trusty steed that I will be bringing with me!

|
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3682nd
4/11/2018 8:28pm
I can't offer much help since I'm from Canada but congrats on the SpaceX gig.
Millerrr973
4/11/2018 8:33pm
-MAVERICK- wrote:
I can't offer much help since I'm from Canada but congrats on the SpaceX gig.
Thanks!
Winter86
4/11/2018 8:33pm
I ride milestone mx , often alone on a 2018 450 Honda and I welcome training partners that are serious.

GuyB
Fantasy
1274th
4/11/2018 8:39pm
I know of a Honda technician who just moved from their race shop to Space X.

The Shop

Millerrr973
4/11/2018 8:41pm
Winter86 wrote:
I ride milestone mx , often alone on a 2018 450 Honda and I welcome training partners that are serious. [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2018/04/11/254997/s1200_99B1405E_D0CA_4C6F_8676_1F7D4D453502.jpg[/img]
I ride milestone mx , often alone on a 2018 450 Honda and I welcome training partners that are serious.

Sounds like what I’m looking for, shoot me a PM and we’ll make a plan to go rip as soon as I get out there!
stone881
4/11/2018 8:41pm
I assume you will be taking I-70 most of the way. Might as well stop at Lakewood before you go over the Rockies, its literally 2 minutes off of the freeway.

If you feel like riding some wicked badlands, ping me when you get to Grand Junction, Colorado. I just moved over here, and although that aren't any public tracks, the riding is endless. And if you're into it, you can pop over to Moab and/or Caineville from there, basically on the way to California, just not on I-70.

Btw....if anyone in or around Junktown is reading this, ping me. I need some riding buddies as well, moto and mtb.
Millerrr973
4/11/2018 8:44pm
GuyB wrote:
Do you know specifically what group he works at within SpaceX? I’ll be working in Manufacturing, specifically in Machining.
langhammx
Fantasy
323rd
4/11/2018 8:45pm
Congrats on the job, I know a guy who works at the Long Beach location.
I ride LACR, Zaca, Milestone, Cal City, I-5, Racetown mostly. Can introduce you to some guys that come from your area. Feel free to hit me up when you get here. ~ Shaun
Langhammx@sbcglobal.net
Millerrr973
4/11/2018 8:46pm
stone881 wrote:
I assume you will be taking I-70 most of the way. Might as well stop at Lakewood before you go over the Rockies, its literally 2...
I assume you will be taking I-70 most of the way. Might as well stop at Lakewood before you go over the Rockies, its literally 2 minutes off of the freeway.

If you feel like riding some wicked badlands, ping me when you get to Grand Junction, Colorado. I just moved over here, and although that aren't any public tracks, the riding is endless. And if you're into it, you can pop over to Moab and/or Caineville from there, basically on the way to California, just not on I-70.

Btw....if anyone in or around Junktown is reading this, ping me. I need some riding buddies as well, moto and mtb.
Will definitely take you up on that. I’m down for some free riding, I’d also like to take my Jeep to Moab, even though I won’t be able to hit any of the crazy rocks would still be worth the stop.
Millerrr973
4/11/2018 8:50pm
langhammx wrote:
Congrats on the job, I know a guy who works at the Long Beach location. I ride LACR, Zaca, Milestone, Cal City, I-5, Racetown mostly. Can...
Congrats on the job, I know a guy who works at the Long Beach location.
I ride LACR, Zaca, Milestone, Cal City, I-5, Racetown mostly. Can introduce you to some guys that come from your area. Feel free to hit me up when you get here. ~ Shaun
Langhammx@sbcglobal.net
Awesome! I’ll have to look into LACR, Cal City, 1-5 and Racetown! We’ll be in touch.
4/11/2018 9:05pm Edited Date/Time 4/11/2018 9:06pm
Plenty of us ride Pala, Cahuilla, Perris, Milestone, Glen Helen regularly here.

Feel free to message me when you're in the area.

I have an old high school buddy that works at SpaceX in Hawthorne.
Millerrr973
4/11/2018 9:08pm
Plenty of us ride Pala, Cahuilla, Perris, Milestone, Glen Helen regularly here. Feel free to message me when you're in the area. I have an old...
Plenty of us ride Pala, Cahuilla, Perris, Milestone, Glen Helen regularly here.

Feel free to message me when you're in the area.

I have an old high school buddy that works at SpaceX in Hawthorne.
What hours are some of these tracks open? I’d almost guarantee I can only ride on the weekends, but who knows. Hopefully we’ll get to go ride together in a month or so.
Lightning78
4/11/2018 9:13pm
I'd say you should hit up PiruMx when you get here instead of I-5mx in Gorman but I think I heard or read on here that Piru was closed down again?
4/11/2018 11:06pm
What hours are some of these tracks open? I’d almost guarantee I can only ride on the weekends, but who knows. Hopefully we’ll get to go...
What hours are some of these tracks open? I’d almost guarantee I can only ride on the weekends, but who knows. Hopefully we’ll get to go ride together in a month or so.
I'm only a weekend rider as well, unless i'm sick mid week Tongue

All tracks are pretty much open 8-9 until dusk. Perris and Milestone have night riding in addition. Cahuilla is typically 9-3 Wed/Sat/Sun. Pala is Friday-Tuesday open practice. Glen Helen is typically Thursday open practice and weekend practice if there isnt a race going on.

You're going to love it out here man. I moved from the northeast in 2015 and its been moto heaven here.
Cancerman
4/11/2018 11:16pm
Wait until you have to deal with traffic, taxes, registration fees, etc. I lived there most my life. I'm old now.Dizzy
Millerrr973
4/12/2018 4:43am
I'd say you should hit up PiruMx when you get here instead of I-5mx in Gorman but I think I heard or read on here that...
I'd say you should hit up PiruMx when you get here instead of I-5mx in Gorman but I think I heard or read on here that Piru was closed down again?
I’ll have to look into that. I’ve never heard of PiruMx. Thanks for the suggestion.
Millerrr973
4/12/2018 4:47am
I'm only a weekend rider as well, unless i'm sick mid week :P All tracks are pretty much open 8-9 until dusk. Perris and Milestone have...
I'm only a weekend rider as well, unless i'm sick mid week Tongue

All tracks are pretty much open 8-9 until dusk. Perris and Milestone have night riding in addition. Cahuilla is typically 9-3 Wed/Sat/Sun. Pala is Friday-Tuesday open practice. Glen Helen is typically Thursday open practice and weekend practice if there isnt a race going on.

You're going to love it out here man. I moved from the northeast in 2015 and its been moto heaven here.
That’s why when given the opportunity to basically test drive SoCal out for the summer, I couldn’t turn it down. Some amazing places to ride and beautiful weather. I’ve only been able to ride every other weekend here because of the shitty weather, looking forward to heading west. We’ll definitely get together mid May!
Millerrr973
4/12/2018 4:50am
Cancerman wrote:
Wait until you have to deal with traffic, taxes, registration fees, etc. I lived there most my life. I'm old now.Dizzy
When I look on google maps and it takes 4 hours to get to glen Helen because of traffic, it’s a little depressing. But the only national track close to me that actually practices is budds creek, and it’s about a 5 hour drive. Beggers can’t be choosers!

As for Taxes and cost of living, as of right now it’s temporary, but who knows I may want to stay if the juice is worth the squeeze. Lol
ehr400
4/12/2018 4:53am
GuyB wrote:
Do you know specifically what group he works at within SpaceX? I’ll be working in Manufacturing, specifically in Machining.
Good deal man, I have a buddy of mine who works in the welding division that moved out there in December.
Millerrr973
4/12/2018 6:00am
ehr400 wrote:
Good deal man, I have a buddy of mine who works in the welding division that moved out there in December.
Does your buddy ride? I’m excited to see some Moto guys at SpaceX.
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
760th
4/12/2018 6:01am Edited Date/Time 4/12/2018 6:01am
Congrats on the internship! I rode most of the same tracks as Langham. Shoot me an email and we’ll do some riding! Yamiryder2h@gmail.com
stone881
4/12/2018 7:01am
stone881 wrote:
I assume you will be taking I-70 most of the way. Might as well stop at Lakewood before you go over the Rockies, its literally 2...

Will definitely take you up on that. I’m down for some free riding, I’d also like to take my Jeep to Moab, even though I won’t...
Will definitely take you up on that. I’m down for some free riding, I’d also like to take my Jeep to Moab, even though I won’t be able to hit any of the crazy rocks would still be worth the stop.
Sounds like a plan. At the very least you should do Lionsback, its a very cool experience and easy on the rig, aside from the very first pitch to get onto the rock.
tprice07
4/12/2018 7:08am
Congrats on the internship with SpaceX. I don't live in the area so I'm not much help in that way. If you get bored I do occasionally hop onto various mx games on PC and PS4 to play online. I'd welcome someone to race against if you play.
Millerrr973
4/12/2018 7:16am
tprice07 wrote:
Congrats on the internship with SpaceX. I don't live in the area so I'm not much help in that way. If you get bored I do...
Congrats on the internship with SpaceX. I don't live in the area so I'm not much help in that way. If you get bored I do occasionally hop onto various mx games on PC and PS4 to play online. I'd welcome someone to race against if you play.
Thanks, I don’t have my PS4 where I’m staying at during my Co-op now, but I’ll defintely have to take it with me this summer.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3682nd
4/12/2018 9:11am
tprice07 wrote:
Congrats on the internship with SpaceX. I don't live in the area so I'm not much help in that way. If you get bored I do...
Thanks, I don’t have my PS4 where I’m staying at during my Co-op now, but I’ll defintely have to take it with me this summer.
Once you're all set-up look for the Vital MX group in the communities tab on the PS4 if you haven't done so already.
dirtmike86
4/12/2018 10:12am
My brother in law Nick works in the tooling department there. I live a few minutes from milestone but i will ride anywhere around here hit me up. I try to ride once a week.
brocster
4/12/2018 10:25am
Moved out here about a year ago. Living the moto dream amongst other things. Rode most of the Socal tracks atleast once and hit Milestone and Pala quite often. Low and behold 6 months in found myself broken, nothing crazy but bizzar accident. Hope to make it back on a bike, so maybe I’ll see you around. You are gonna love it here albeit there is a price to pay for the “spoils” as others have mentioned.
peelout
4/12/2018 10:28am
i might be down for a rip in Moab/GreenRiver bro. be worth a stop on the way to the West Coast
mikec265
4/12/2018 10:29am
Congrats on the opportunity.
A friend of mine moved out there 2 years ago.
He forgot his pants and jerseys. Rode in jeans and a long sleeve tye dye shirt for a little while. He was doing beard competitions too. I imagine it was funny at Glen Helen and Milestone to see a huge 20 inch beard hanging out of a moto helmet attached to tye dye and jeans. I'm sure you can meet some of the best and craziest people at the track. I know I have.
peelout
4/12/2018 10:31am
stone881 wrote:
Sounds like a plan. At the very least you should do Lionsback, its a very cool experience and easy on the rig, aside from the very...
Sounds like a plan. At the very least you should do Lionsback, its a very cool experience and easy on the rig, aside from the very first pitch to get onto the rock.
they closed that big prick down bro

Post a reply to: I need friends *round 3* (Texas edition)

The Latest