I’m such a diehard and I’m finally tapping out.

Trickamoto
Edited Date/Time 7/8/2022 7:32pm
I just can’t figure it out it’s just not worth the effort. Good Lord. I’m so disheartened. And Redbud of all days….
|
gsxrcr28
Fantasy
2452nd
7/2/2022 12:41pm
I don’t think I’ve ever complained in one of these threads, but I must say the amount of hoops we have to jump through to watch the races is very surprising.
motoman0
Fantasy
1153rd
7/2/2022 12:45pm
I feel sorry for they guys that made commercials to be shown. Spent money and no one can find where to see it. Complete shit show for sure.
iudi2006
Fantasy
229th
Honestly, fuck the guys at MXSPORTS who obviously tried saving money with programming by going with MAVTV. Screwed over the entire fan base to make a buck.
Greed is a sad thing
rsd47
As an international viewer, I've just given up entirely today. I'll watch the replays on YouTube in the week or something. MXGP gets a lot of stuff wrong but at least I can watch the races every week..

The Shop

SX_336
7/2/2022 12:46pm
My guess, this is SUCH a debacle they KNEW MAVTV was going to be a bust, but had no other option at the time and today we all see the result. We got shafted by people we trust the most in this sport. Their sheer silence says it all. At least FELD is transparent about their bullshit. They don’t lie like this.
Yzf916
7/2/2022 12:48pm
Same here. Live. Eat. Breathe. Sleep Moto. But done for this year. No new subscription on ANY new platform for me(regardless of the “supposed” cost). I’ll watch replays for remainder of season. Then hope for a reliable (affordable) platform for 2023. Really sad it has come to this.
jeffoff
7/2/2022 12:49pm
I am baffled this can happen in 2022.
Also do not understand the commercial breaks during the moto´s?
7/2/2022 12:52pm
rsd47 wrote:
As an international viewer, I've just given up entirely today. I'll watch the replays on YouTube in the week or something. MXGP gets a lot of...
As an international viewer, I've just given up entirely today. I'll watch the replays on YouTube in the week or something. MXGP gets a lot of stuff wrong but at least I can watch the races every week..
It's definitely been frustrating with the several cut-outs on MavTV, but to be honest I haven't missed much racing today as it cut out after the motos. I switched over to a free NBC stream for this moto (freestreams-live1.com.) which is actually almost as good quality as MAV. It's a fucking joke but I don't see why you would give up when it's still possible to watch the races live.
rsd47
7/2/2022 12:57pm
rsd47 wrote:
As an international viewer, I've just given up entirely today. I'll watch the replays on YouTube in the week or something. MXGP gets a lot of...
It's definitely been frustrating with the several cut-outs on MavTV, but to be honest I haven't missed much racing today as it cut out after the...
It's definitely been frustrating with the several cut-outs on MavTV, but to be honest I haven't missed much racing today as it cut out after the motos. I switched over to a free NBC stream for this moto (freestreams-live1.com.) which is actually almost as good quality as MAV. It's a fucking joke but I don't see why you would give up when it's still possible to watch the races live.
I found that link eventually but it was already about 10 mins into the race and then went straight to a commercial break so I just tapped out. I'll save this link for next time but I'm done for this weekend 😂
muttskie
7/2/2022 1:00pm
Complete incompetence in the production of the tv coverage of the Red Bud event across the board. On both MavTv and NBC. Whoever is in charge of this production should be fired. Ruined a classic event. On both MavTV and NBC constant re-boots, loss of HD, commercials every other minute... a total waste of time and a high level of frustration trying to watch! Horrible job!
GoonSquad250x
Fantasy
4002nd
7/2/2022 1:00pm
I agree. Also, I’m never one to complain on here but today was my breaking point & I finally had to voice my frustration on the matter. It’s ridiculous in 2022 you can’t get a steady stream for a outdoor dirtbike race. GNCC has perfect nonstop coverage for 4hrs every weekend on YouTube. Why they can’t stream it on their YouTube channel & charge a membership is beyond me. I really would like to hear from DC but I guess he doesn’t care about the fans that pay to watch his series. We aren’t worth the time or effort. 🤷🏻
davis224
Fantasy
165th
7/2/2022 1:05pm
Not saying it's great, it is frustrating to have to sign up for a 3rd different streaming service this year, but it took me all of 30 seconds to switch apps.

If you want to watch moto, it's not that hard. It's been annoying, but at least Flo isn't crashing every 3 minutes.
gt80rider
7/2/2022 1:10pm
Been saying this for years.... such a pita for something that should be so simple... there is a frustration point where even the most hardcore will walk away from watching.... they've been riding that edge for years.....
7/2/2022 1:11pm
davis224 wrote:
Not saying it's great, it is frustrating to have to sign up for a 3rd different streaming service this year, but it took me all of...
Not saying it's great, it is frustrating to have to sign up for a 3rd different streaming service this year, but it took me all of 30 seconds to switch apps.

If you want to watch moto, it's not that hard. It's been annoying, but at least Flo isn't crashing every 3 minutes.
Yeah not trying to be an ass but it really isn’t that hard.. at all. The motos on NBC can be kinda tough especially for international viewers but there’s enough streaming sites out there that show NBC.

Commercial breaks suck and there’s really no defence for that on a paid service IMO but it won’t make me quit watching altogether.
7/2/2022 1:21pm
rsd47 wrote:
I’m in Canada and was able buy the flow one and it’s working perfect . The MAVTV one didn’t work at all so that was a waste of money
PMR 3
Fantasy
594th
7/2/2022 1:21pm
I consider myself level headed, but I'm struggling.
Broseph
7/2/2022 1:45pm
davis224 wrote:
Not saying it's great, it is frustrating to have to sign up for a 3rd different streaming service this year, but it took me all of...

You paid and still got fed commercials right? And just wait until Flo hits your card with the yearly subscription when you least expect it.
kopfjaeger
7/2/2022 1:52pm
I guess we could always go back to the days of waiting for results in Cycle News and hoping Wide World of Sports will show a moto! Or maybe Dave Despain will show highlights on Sunday night.
Yzf916
7/2/2022 1:54pm
Keep accepting mediocrity and all you’ll get is mediocrity (or LESS). I paid for a product and didn’t receive what was promised. End of story.
davis224
Fantasy
165th
7/2/2022 1:55pm
davis224 wrote:

Broseph wrote:
You paid and still got fed commercials right? And just wait until Flo hits your card with the yearly subscription when you least expect it.
Yea, a few commercials got piped in, not happy about that. I got charged the $6.95 or whatever it was.
dboivin
7/2/2022 2:06pm
jesus christ....put a damn kid on the side of the track with facebook live....and it would be 10x better than what we've paid for. what a shame. planned my whole weekend around watching redbud (annual tradition)......feel like my house has been robbed. lol what a shit show
ipbrew
7/2/2022 2:07pm
davis224 wrote:

Broseph wrote:
davis224 wrote:
Yea, a few commercials got piped in, not happy about that. I got charged the $6.95 or whatever it was.
Lmao - $6.95, the price of a pub beer. Have to agree though, what a shitshow. I'd happily pay the $90 or whatever it was in previous seasons to watch hassle free streaming. MXGP can do it, why can't the AMA. Guess I'll try and go with the Flow.
J. Sloan
7/2/2022 2:09pm
kopfjaeger wrote:
I guess we could always go back to the days of waiting for results in Cycle News and hoping Wide World of Sports will show a...
I guess we could always go back to the days of waiting for results in Cycle News and hoping Wide World of Sports will show a moto! Or maybe Dave Despain will show highlights on Sunday night.
That's not possible. We don't have time machines.
swe292
7/2/2022 2:34pm Edited Date/Time 7/2/2022 2:35pm
Yea I wasn’t sure why anyone has been paying this summer. I’ve watched all the motos for free on that link from mavtv website. Feed has been fine for me. Watched second 450 Moto on peacock.

With that said. They fucked up by not having on peacock. Or he’ll just do your own thing like mxgp does and just have it on the mx sports.
tuttle425
7/2/2022 2:37pm
iudi2006 wrote:
Honestly, fuck the guys at MXSPORTS who obviously tried saving money with programming by going with MAVTV. Screwed over the entire fan base to make a...
Honestly, fuck the guys at MXSPORTS who obviously tried saving money with programming by going with MAVTV. Screwed over the entire fan base to make a buck.
Greed is a sad thing
Really? You know that DC had other options? Please, enlighten us.
tuttle425
7/2/2022 2:39pm
swe292 wrote:
Yea I wasn’t sure why anyone has been paying this summer. I’ve watched all the motos for free on that link from mavtv website. Feed has...
Yea I wasn’t sure why anyone has been paying this summer. I’ve watched all the motos for free on that link from mavtv website. Feed has been fine for me. Watched second 450 Moto on peacock.

With that said. They fucked up by not having on peacock. Or he’ll just do your own thing like mxgp does and just have it on the mx sports.
My god, they didn't have the option to be on Peacock. NBC dropped moto other than the three 450 motos they picked up which are on Peacock. You don't just say "let's put our stuff on Peacock" and that's the end of it. NBC has to buy your programming which they did not do this year. DC has stated multiple times that the MavTV deal was a last minute scramble because they had no other options.

Post a reply to: I’m such a diehard and I’m finally tapping out.

The Latest