I’m sorry this is ridiculous

2/3/2019 4:04am
level wrote:
No way should be racing when the track is this bad. Just ridiculous. I understand you get some mud races but this is just stupid.
It was stupid not having practice/qualifying earlier when there was no rain. Then fix the track and tarp it. Instead they did all sessions when it bucketed down!?!?
It was also stupid to run the KTM50’s.
They should have trucked more sand in I reckon
JustMX
2/3/2019 4:08am
level wrote:
I knew I would get some harsh responses. Lol. It is what it is. I figured they would put off until tomorrow to be honest. I...
I knew I would get some harsh responses. Lol. It is what it is. I figured they would put off until tomorrow to be honest. I think they have actually done that before if I remember right. Maybe I’m wrong.
Sully wrote:
I’ve been following this sport since ‘79, and I’ve never heard of a race being pushed back a day because of rain.
X2
MCfan4life
2/3/2019 4:17am
Whilst I don't agree with the OP...

I WAS surprised they ran the KTM juniors. Man that must have been brutal for those kids! Was anyone there to see if they actually completed a lap?
2/3/2019 4:18am
level wrote:
No way should be racing when the track is this bad. Just ridiculous. I understand you get some mud races but this is just stupid.
It was stupid not having practice/qualifying earlier when there was no rain. Then fix the track and tarp it. Instead they did all sessions when it...
It was stupid not having practice/qualifying earlier when there was no rain. Then fix the track and tarp it. Instead they did all sessions when it bucketed down!?!?
It was also stupid to run the KTM50’s.
They should have trucked more sand in I reckon
That's a brilliant idea but they needed to stay on schedule for the RDL broadcast, that nobody could watch Sick

The Shop

ruy
2/3/2019 4:25am
level wrote:
Sorry for your lost.
Flip109
2/3/2019 5:43am
I actually like a few good mud races a year. It is one of the best equalizers. However, if I drop $500 to take my family to see a race and it pisses out the sky all day, I will be sorely disappointed. I get where level is coming from in that aspect, but if I’m just chillin at home watching bring the rain a few times a year Laughing
Steve 396
2/3/2019 5:47am
jeffro503 wrote:
I'm not a huge fan of mudder's , but it is cool to see one once in a while. I thought tonight was pretty cool to...
I'm not a huge fan of mudder's , but it is cool to see one once in a while. I thought tonight was pretty cool to be honest. It's definitely different from most rounds , but what can ya do? They can't cancel it , and it all boils down to , every guy has to run the same course , so let the chips fall where they may.
x2
downard254
2/3/2019 6:22am Edited Date/Time 2/3/2019 6:27am
Question: Are you "Sorry.......This is ridiculous" or are you "Sorry this is ridiculous"

Edit: When I saw the early heats, I thought it wouldn't be too bad, but by the end of the LCQ's, and beginning of the 250 main, I kind of thought, maybe if they could have pushed back to Sunday. Then my brain woke up and thought of the logistics involved with track building, paying ticket holders, TV programming and I wound up thinking, F it. Run the race. It is now, and always has been "Rain or Shine"

I initially didn't want a mudder to screw up a tight points battle, but then common sense came into play that a true champion is the best all around rider through injury, competition, and track conditions.

2/3/2019 6:24am
H4L wrote:
Is it me or has the younger gen's gone soft..
They also ride faster, more powerful bikes than ever, hit jumps bigger than ever and carry more speed around a circuit than ever.....bunch of pussies.
aees
2/3/2019 6:31am
Fucking embarrassment as a sport. Anyone looking at it will go "hillbilly-sport". There is 20 stadions in US that have a dome, please use more of them in the early season.

Looked like they were riding BMX bikes rolling every jump.

Supercross is not Motocross, and it gets completely destroyed as entertainment on days like this.

Gworm
2/3/2019 6:32am Edited Date/Time 2/3/2019 6:33am
They should have just called in slick.
captmoto
2/3/2019 7:03am
Iron man McKenna! They just don’t make em like him anymore!
The guy had a bad wreck in Baja and still goes pretty fast.
level
2/3/2019 7:12am
Oh well. Wasn’t bad. The same guys finished up top as they normally do so didn’t matter anyways.
H4L
2/3/2019 7:19am
They also ride faster, more powerful bikes than ever, hit jumps bigger than ever and carry more speed around a circuit than ever.....bunch of pussies.
I wasn't referring to the riders in general, but that being said I'd put my money on the older gen riders all things being equal..
drt410
2/3/2019 7:23am Edited Date/Time 2/3/2019 7:24am
One thing is for sure... what a friggin unique and amazing season so far. Tomac was yet another first time winner this year, red plate changed hands again... in both classes now and within the same week too, 2 mudders so far, definitely no mudder next week, some pretty great tracks so far.... What an awesome season, plus now they go east where different riders shine, whole fresh crop of 250 riders, Covington back in the US, Forkner a chance at a title, plus Osborne comes back soon. Bada bapa ba Im lovin it..
level
2/3/2019 7:32am Edited Date/Time 2/3/2019 7:33am
downard254 wrote:
Question: Are you "Sorry.......This is ridiculous" or are you "Sorry this is ridiculous" Edit: When I saw the early heats, I thought it wouldn't be too...
Question: Are you "Sorry.......This is ridiculous" or are you "Sorry this is ridiculous"

Edit: When I saw the early heats, I thought it wouldn't be too bad, but by the end of the LCQ's, and beginning of the 250 main, I kind of thought, maybe if they could have pushed back to Sunday. Then my brain woke up and thought of the logistics involved with track building, paying ticket holders, TV programming and I wound up thinking, F it. Run the race. It is now, and always has been "Rain or Shine"

I initially didn't want a mudder to screw up a tight points battle, but then common sense came into play that a true champion is the best all around rider through injury, competition, and track conditions.

To be honest. Same thing happened to me. Got little keyboard warrior when first started watching and was like come on this isn’t supercross. Also, yes it was sorry.......this is ridiculous Smile .
FWYT
2/3/2019 7:53am
I love watching the mud races! (Though I sure as hell wouldn't/couldn't be out there riding!)
It absolutely amazes me those guys are able to get around the track going as well as they do.
Wish I had those skills!
KurtJ99
Fantasy
682nd
2/3/2019 7:55am
I’m just bummed on the results for Barcia. Here he wins A1 in the mud and then DNFs San Diego due to bike problems. Especially after racing through bruised tailbone.
Mud and mechanical DNFs are a part of racing but still sucks.
Question
2/3/2019 7:57am
I agree this one was a real mudder with lots of rolling, not just racing a technical muddy track like at A1.

Maybe, in the future, the track crew could tame down the track to make it a bit more like an outdoor. (for instance removing some jumps in rythm section so that riders can double or triple more jumps)
FlaNard
2/3/2019 7:59am
They're not my cup of tea but it's all part of the gig. Plus you get some classic moments like Reed at Daytona.
drt410
2/3/2019 8:01am
Yea theyre not my favorite, especially when feet start coming off the pegs, but every once in a while is cool. Next week there is a 0% chance of a mud race, plus we get to see what them east coast boys can do, gonna be great.
VasageXx
2/3/2019 8:11am
I thought it was a great race and normally I can’t stand mud races, I feel like the track would have been excellent dry but it is what it is. Was really crushed for Dylan And his bike shitting the bed on the last lap but all In all good race.
barnett468
2/3/2019 8:30am Edited Date/Time 2/3/2019 8:36am
aees wrote:
Fucking embarrassment as a sport. Anyone looking at it will go "hillbilly-sport". There is 20 stadions in US that have a dome, please use more of...
Fucking embarrassment as a sport. Anyone looking at it will go "hillbilly-sport". There is 20 stadions in US that have a dome, please use more of them in the early season.

Looked like they were riding BMX bikes rolling every jump.

Supercross is not Motocross, and it gets completely destroyed as entertainment on days like this.

"Fucking embarrassment as a sport. Anyone looking at it will go "hillbilly-sport".

There is 20 stadions..."

So says the person that lacks the nominal amount of intelligence it takes to be able to spell a common 3rd grade level word and doesn't know how to use proper grammar.

Natester551v
2/3/2019 8:31am
level wrote:
It really gets under my skin when people preface a sentence by "I'm sorry, but....". And to everyone saying this was "a $h!tshow", how would you do things better than the track crew did with what they had in SD?

I'm sure everyone wished it hadn't dumped all that rain, but all in all in was good racing, the cream rose to the top for the most part, and anyone calling for cancellation obviously has never run a business or had to make tough calls with millions of dollars on the line for everyone.

I thought SD was awesome...
mxb2
2/3/2019 8:33am
level wrote:
It really gets under my skin when people preface a sentence by "I'm sorry, but....". And to everyone saying this was "a $h!tshow", how would you...
It really gets under my skin when people preface a sentence by "I'm sorry, but....". And to everyone saying this was "a $h!tshow", how would you do things better than the track crew did with what they had in SD?

I'm sure everyone wished it hadn't dumped all that rain, but all in all in was good racing, the cream rose to the top for the most part, and anyone calling for cancellation obviously has never run a business or had to make tough calls with millions of dollars on the line for everyone.

I thought SD was awesome...
X2. Yea lets cancel lol.make all fans and teams go.home. Sorry. Lol
2/3/2019 8:51am
A1 was still some good racing and they were able to carry some speed. But last nights races were really boring to watch, way too slow, no fun watching riders putt around a track dragging there feet barely moving while other riders are just laying on the track stuck in the mud.
Toosano
2/3/2019 8:54am
level wrote:
Why you could never be a pro . . .
SwingHard
2/3/2019 8:59am
Monster NASCAR series is a pretty big deal. Does anybody know how they handle rain issues?
Also, I saw the track crew groom a few turns and jump faces lastnight. In conditions like lastnight,why wouldn't they also groom right out of the gate the start straight?
barnett468
2/3/2019 9:03am Edited Date/Time 2/3/2019 9:04am
SwingHard wrote:
Monster NASCAR series is a pretty big deal. Does anybody know how they handle rain issues? Also, I saw the track crew groom a few turns...
Monster NASCAR series is a pretty big deal. Does anybody know how they handle rain issues?
Also, I saw the track crew groom a few turns and jump faces lastnight. In conditions like lastnight,why wouldn't they also groom right out of the gate the start straight?
"In conditions like lastnight,why wouldn't they also groom right out of the gate the start straight?"

They did once just before one of the races.

Post a reply to: I’m sorry this is ridiculous

The Latest