I’m coming around to the cybertruck

Edited Date/Time 5/14/2020 5:46am
Ok so these are just an artist impression but they are definitely growing on me, would look cool with my kx250 2t in the back..
Photos credit to @jonsibal - a great follow if you are into JDM

|
JohnnyD13
5/7/2020 8:42am
I like anything different from the rest of the manufacturer’s. I think the trucks look good. Wasn’t popular on here though.
5/7/2020 8:44am
Are you sure you don't have a quad to haul in the back of that thing? On what fucked up planet is that abomination considered a "truck?"
Adam43
5/7/2020 10:56am
I love it, but can fully understand why a lot of people do not.
ga_pike
5/7/2020 11:11am
It looks like a Ferrari (or similar) had sex with a Honda Ridgeline and out popped this thing.

The Shop

JM485
5/7/2020 11:13am
ga_pike wrote:
It looks like a Ferrari (or similar) had sex with a Honda Ridgeline and out popped this thing.
Make it a Delorian 3 way and I think you have a winner Laughing

I like the renderings though, that thing looks bad ass lowered and in race trim like that.
mx1313
5/7/2020 11:31am
If that POS is considered a truck, the definition of what a truck is just went into the shitter. That fucking thing would get hung up driving over a tic-tac for christ sakes.

Here we go, just a second guys...I need to get the ramp over the "trucks" wing thingy deal here and then lift my bike onto the ramp and...hang on, I'm gonna be a minute here guys. Don't start without me...
5/7/2020 11:47am
mx1313 wrote:
If that POS is considered a truck, the definition of what a truck is just went into the shitter. That fucking thing would get hung up...
If that POS is considered a truck, the definition of what a truck is just went into the shitter. That fucking thing would get hung up driving over a tic-tac for christ sakes.

Here we go, just a second guys...I need to get the ramp over the "trucks" wing thingy deal here and then lift my bike onto the ramp and...hang on, I'm gonna be a minute here guys. Don't start without me...
Do you like my rendition better?

JeremyK
5/7/2020 11:53am
It looks like a bag of smashed a$$holes
mx1313
5/7/2020 12:04pm
mx1313 wrote:
If that POS is considered a truck, the definition of what a truck is just went into the shitter. That fucking thing would get hung up...

Do you like my rendition better? [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2020/05/07/425784/s1200_Pig_Hauler.jpg[/img]

Looks like a Delorean and a Hummer got fucked up and had an aborted fetus. At least your's pretends to be a truck. BTW, did your tailgate fall off?
731chopper
Fantasy
442nd
5/7/2020 12:13pm
I’m not a fan but to each their own.

Personally, I prefer my 36 gallon dinofuel f-150. I get 700 miles on a tank of fuel, it can tow the race trailer when needed and get out of a muddy track.
Ryan625
5/7/2020 5:33pm
I put my name on the list when it was released. Anyone that talks crap can suck it lol
mx295
5/7/2020 5:37pm
Ryan625 wrote:
I put my name on the list when it was released. Anyone that talks crap can suck it lol
A neighbor of mine did to.. the next day he told his family he was gay.
5/7/2020 6:13pm
Hallzilla wrote:
I went this direction. F it. [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2020/05/07/425833/s1200_00E0E_l0AvT3Titiq_1200x900.jpg[/img]
I went this direction. F it.
Now that there is a truck!
austin_bo
Fantasy
239th
5/10/2020 6:46pm
I still think Elon was trolling the general public with the cyber truck. It looks like a wedge of cheese on wheels. What I’m more intrigued about are the new Rivian trucks. I think these look badass, but no one on here seems to be talking about them.

Ryan625
5/10/2020 8:27pm
Ryan625 wrote:
mx295 wrote:
A neighbor of mine did to.. the next day he told his family he was gay.
I'm sure all eyes were on you to be his partner once they got a look at your bagger
Bennett
5/10/2020 8:55pm
Wow, some haters here. I realize that the design choices on the truck may not be for everyone, but lets be real here. This guy, this weirdo, eccentric, misunderstood person with all the money to do anything, choose to publicly get on stage and announce this truck. With total confidence and aware of the risk of failure and ridicule it may bring. Would any of you do that? I wouldn't. But, I have total respect for the vision of the future. I suspect that the same people here that are against the Cybertruck, also did not like the Alta. It's too bad, really. History is full of visionary people that have been ridiculed, yet those people actually contributed amazing things to humanity. Bill Gates, Steve Jobs, Henry Ford, Thomas Edison, Nikola Tesla, Albert Einstein, Archimedes. The list could go on. Not everyone will like the new ideas, but I feel that some understanding and respect is in order. Also, Elon did this, which I thought was completely ridiculous, and also completely awesome at the same time:

Happy Mothers Day!

cwtoyota
5/10/2020 9:43pm
mx1313 wrote:

Do you like my rendition better? [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2020/05/07/425784/s1200_Pig_Hauler.jpg[/img]

Can we please turn all this into another great Photo-chop thread instead of arguing over a fictional truck with a busted window?

Excaliburbmx
5/11/2020 4:26am
Bennett wrote:
Wow, some haters here. I realize that the design choices on the truck may not be for everyone, but lets be real here. This guy, this...
Wow, some haters here. I realize that the design choices on the truck may not be for everyone, but lets be real here. This guy, this weirdo, eccentric, misunderstood person with all the money to do anything, choose to publicly get on stage and announce this truck. With total confidence and aware of the risk of failure and ridicule it may bring. Would any of you do that? I wouldn't. But, I have total respect for the vision of the future. I suspect that the same people here that are against the Cybertruck, also did not like the Alta. It's too bad, really. History is full of visionary people that have been ridiculed, yet those people actually contributed amazing things to humanity. Bill Gates, Steve Jobs, Henry Ford, Thomas Edison, Nikola Tesla, Albert Einstein, Archimedes. The list could go on. Not everyone will like the new ideas, but I feel that some understanding and respect is in order. Also, Elon did this, which I thought was completely ridiculous, and also completely awesome at the same time:

Happy Mothers Day!

Alta was a flop.
GODZILLA
5/11/2020 4:29am
mx1313 wrote:

Needs an RMZ in the back, though.
Laughing
APLMAN99
5/11/2020 5:18am
austin_bo wrote:
I still think Elon was trolling the general public with the cyber truck. It looks like a wedge of cheese on wheels. What I’m more intrigued...
I still think Elon was trolling the general public with the cyber truck. It looks like a wedge of cheese on wheels. What I’m more intrigued about are the new Rivian trucks. I think these look badass, but no one on here seems to be talking about them.

Those definitely look much better. I think that the lack of buzz on those vs the Cybertruck has more to do with Tesla actually bringing a (relatively) large number of vehicles to market already, so a lot of people aren’t confident that the Rivian will ever really be available to most.
Brad460
Fantasy
780th
5/11/2020 5:28am Edited Date/Time 5/11/2020 5:30am
Bennett wrote:
Wow, some haters here. I realize that the design choices on the truck may not be for everyone, but lets be real here. This guy, this...

Happy Mothers Day!

No...your way off here.

I think it’s obvious the people who designed this have never actually used a truck before. This has nothing to do with Musk being eccentric..

I, like most people, were hoping for something futuristic and different but see a lazy design with an ineffective bed...that’s far from eccentric..
Silas444
5/11/2020 6:08am
Form doesn't necessarily need to follow function in a car, as a car isn't normally used as a tool. A car can just be cute, or even silly. A truck, on the other hand, is actually INTENDED to be used as a tool, and thus, if it's design seems to bow at the torturous throne of style (over substance), then there's going to be pushback from people who actually use their trucks as tools. People like ME, for example.

Let me give you just one (among the multitude) reasonable objection to the design of this "truck": in the summer, all along the upper midwest and into the northeast, bugs hitting your windshield are a constant nuisance. Sometimes so many get mashed it's like trying to look through beef stew. The windshield on that thing is the size of a football field. It will take considerable time out of a workday to clean it, and it's steep rake will ensure that the task will not be easy, as the sun will BAKE them on. How idiotic is that? Very.

Musk isn't an idiot, so why do so many aspects of his truck seem antithetical to a truck's purpose? Why isn't this thing chuck-full of insights and clever design aspects that actual truck users are wetting their pants about? Why don't WE want one? I've yet to hear a compelling answer to that question.
Bennett
5/11/2020 6:14am
Bennett wrote:

Happy Mothers Day!

Brad460 wrote:
No...your way off here. I think it’s obvious the people who designed this have never actually used a truck before. This has nothing to do with...
No...your way off here.

I think it’s obvious the people who designed this have never actually used a truck before. This has nothing to do with Musk being eccentric..

I, like most people, were hoping for something futuristic and different but see a lazy design with an ineffective bed...that’s far from eccentric..
Fair enough. The Cybertruck would not work for us to haul our 14K fifth wheel around the country. The Rivian also appears to have an ineffective bed, for my use. I do like when people or companies are willing to push the envelope on design and technology, though.
crowe176
5/11/2020 7:03am
Hallzilla wrote:
I went this direction. F it. [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2020/05/07/425833/s1200_00E0E_l0AvT3Titiq_1200x900.jpg[/img]
I went this direction. F it.
Holy shit. It’s perfect.
TXDirt
5/11/2020 7:10am
It needs some refinements but it’s growing on me.

SteezGeez
Fantasy
476th
5/11/2020 9:16am
austin_bo wrote:
I still think Elon was trolling the general public with the cyber truck. It looks like a wedge of cheese on wheels. What I’m more intrigued...

The reason being is the rivian will cost about $110k. That's simply unaffordable for most. You can make the coolest truck in the world but if the price isn't right no one will buy. Say what you want about the cybertruck but the price is right. My Tesla Model X cost me $100k and I love it. However, I still have my Duramax for all my truck needs. Tesla makes a great car/suv. A truck will be a whole new challenge.
GODZILLA
5/11/2020 11:00am
austin_bo wrote:

Probably 'cause it looks rather mainstream and consensual.
Nothing to write home about...

Post a reply to: I’m coming around to the cybertruck

The Latest