I’m an idiot

yak651
Fantasy
192nd
Edited Date/Time 3/27/2021 9:10pm
So been distracted lately, my mom passed away Friday and the funeral was today. I drained the radiator fluid from my bike into a Gatorade bottle. Went out in the garage tonight to get some bike therapy, had a bottle of Gatorade next to the drain bottle, you can guess what happened next....wife called poison control and they told her to tell me to drink a couple beers....I think I spit most of it out and had 3 beers to be safe but in case you never see me post again you know what happened...
|
ridge
3/23/2021 7:42pm
yak651 wrote:
So been distracted lately, my mom passed away Friday and the funeral was today. I drained the radiator fluid from my bike into a Gatorade bottle...
So been distracted lately, my mom passed away Friday and the funeral was today. I drained the radiator fluid from my bike into a Gatorade bottle. Went out in the garage tonight to get some bike therapy, had a bottle of Gatorade next to the drain bottle, you can guess what happened next....wife called poison control and they told her to tell me to drink a couple beers....I think I spit most of it out and had 3 beers to be safe but in case you never see me post again you know what happened...
Oh man, that's scary! I thought you were gonna say you rode the bike without coolant. You'll probably be ok. 👊👊👊
ridge
3/23/2021 7:42pm
yak651 wrote:
So been distracted lately, my mom passed away Friday and the funeral was today. I drained the radiator fluid from my bike into a Gatorade bottle...
In all seriousness, I'm sorry about your loss.
Kyle978
3/23/2021 7:43pm
Throttle therapy is much more effective than beers!

Sorry about your loss, hope the coolant gave you the electrolytes you needed.
slipdog
3/23/2021 7:44pm
I'm an idiot too so don't feel bad... Sorry to hear about your mom, moms are the best!

The Shop

APLMAN99
3/23/2021 7:48pm Edited Date/Time 3/24/2021 7:21am
yak651 wrote:
EDIT:

I was skimming the original message on my phone and missed the first part of your post.

Didn't intend to make light with the Engine Ice comment.

My condolences to you and your family. Lost my most almost 12 years ago and sometimes still catch myself looking for her phone number in my phone to give her a call.......
Sully
3/23/2021 7:51pm
yak651 wrote:
Sorry to hear about your mom, yak. You and your family are in my thoughts.

On a positive note, you should run a whole lot cooler this summer...
Chance1216
3/23/2021 8:02pm Edited Date/Time 3/24/2021 11:32am
We’ve all felt like idiots at some point lol. I sprayed Mugger Fogger on a dare under my nose awhile back. I guess it is supposed to be the worlds hottest pepper spray. Yeah, that stuff works (very well).
I’m sorry to hear about your mom. Loss of family is never easy.
Yesterday was the ten year mark since my grandfather committed suicide. Having a rough go myself.
Bruce372
3/23/2021 8:50pm
Glad you are OK and very sorry to hear about your mom.

FYI most coolants are ethylene glycol and it's highly toxic.

I think engine ice is propylene glycol and safe. Although the additives might not be too good for you.
Cashmore
3/23/2021 9:30pm
Dude go to the ER. Sorry for your loss
G-man
3/23/2021 10:34pm
Sorry to hear about your Mom and you drinking anti-freeze, hope things get better.
bvm111
3/23/2021 10:54pm
how you feeling ... sorry bout your loosing your mom!
sumdood
Fantasy
1267th
3/23/2021 11:27pm
Sorry for your loss and hope your doing ok. Sounds like a rough day...
Boomslang
Fantasy
725th
3/23/2021 11:31pm
yak651 wrote:
My condolences to you and your family on your loss. Be strong.
Stevo683
3/24/2021 4:34am
Condolences Bud.. Lost my Mom when I was 31. Time will help you feel better, but think of her all the time! Hang in there!!
fanger
3/24/2021 4:57am
Sorry about your mum dude.

What does the coolant taste like, I've always thought it looked yum.
DA498
3/24/2021 5:02am
Sorry for your loss Yak, I’ve got a bottle of old coolant on my bench in a Gatorade bottle as well. I did a double take on it the other day when I was thirsty.

I better go dump it on the neighbors bushes like I was going to do in the first place. 😜
yak651
Fantasy
192nd
3/24/2021 5:27am
Thanks for all the kind words. I feel ok this morning so don’t think I swallowed it. Loosing mom sucks but glad she is no longer suffering. She lived a long life and raised good kids. The last 6 months sucked, especially since February when we put her in hospice care. My brother, sisters and I were with her every day and were at her bedside for her last breathes. Never with someone during the time they are taking their last breath (my dad passed unexpectedly in his sleep) and it’s not pretty but at the very end it’s peaceful. Here’s a picture from 2 weeks ago when we had a nice day and my sister and I broke her out of the place to get some fresh air, she loved being outside. Mom and dad only attended one of my races but mom always left a twenty out for gas on the kitchen table before my brother and I left to the track in the morning.
KMC440
3/24/2021 6:28am Edited Date/Time 3/24/2021 6:31am
Nice picture Brian.

Sincerest condolences to you and your family Yak. Take care of your family and yourself. See you soon.

Next time just dump the antifreeze out and tell your wife ... "oh no honey I did it agan" and start chuggin!
Blackie59
3/24/2021 6:35am
You're not an idiot. You're human and losing someone close to you can really overwhelm your rational brain. Sorry for your loss.
3/24/2021 7:24am Edited Date/Time 3/24/2021 7:26am
yak651 wrote:
Glad you're ok, and so sorry for your loss. Hang in there.

By the way, if memory serves me correft, Warren Reid did the same thing. He accidentally chugged some coolant in a Gaterade bottle.
3/24/2021 8:11am
Thank goodness it was engine ice and not ethylene glycol based. You might've swallowed some, but it doesn't' really matter.

Propylene glycol is a common food additive and relatively edible (though the additives aren't good, they likely won't cause long term harm)

A mouthful of ethylene glycol based coolant would've dropped you permanently pretty quickly.

For those that are curious, they both smell and taste sweet, which is part of why the one is so dangerous to leave lying around; especially for pets.
Falcon
Fantasy
856th
3/24/2021 8:17am
X2 on the ethylene glycol; don't try it, kids!

I think someone once drank from a bottle of propylene glycol to demonstrate its safety. Was that you, Engine Ice Dave?
yak651
Fantasy
192nd
3/24/2021 9:40am
Falcon wrote:
X2 on the ethylene glycol; don't try it, kids! I think someone once drank from a bottle of propylene glycol to demonstrate its safety. Was that...
X2 on the ethylene glycol; don't try it, kids!

I think someone once drank from a bottle of propylene glycol to demonstrate its safety. Was that you, Engine Ice Dave?
It was blue so maybe it was engine ice? I’m not original owner of bike was a ‘19 yz250f. Do Yamaha come with blue coolant and if so is it a knock off of engine ice?
3/24/2021 10:09am
Could've been Bel-Ray's MotoChill. I'm not sure of all the different brands' colors though.
kage173
3/24/2021 10:33am
Glad you got to spend so much time with her. Being with my father in the last week of his life was the most meaningful experience I've ever had.
Kenny Lingus
3/24/2021 11:10am
Sorry to hear of your mom's passing. Consider yourself lucky to have spent her last days with her. You can always think back to that. My dad died unexpectedly and all I can remember is him face down on his back porch and cleaning up his blood.

On a lighter note, blue gatorade tastes like coolant to me. Nasty shit.
Rupert X
3/24/2021 11:33am
So sorry about your beloved mom, brother. Big hug.

Post a reply to: I’m an idiot

The Latest