I love the TV coverage.

LungButter
Yep, I said it and I meant it....never has it been easier or cheaper to watch the races LIVE every Saturday night.

$5 freakin' dollars a month is amazing, that's about a $1-$1.25 for 3 hours of entertainment.

Some of ya'll just need to find something to bitch about each week....

Also, spare me the "it was free" crap, paying $100+ per month for some crappy TV package is not FREE.

Just had to get that off my chest.

Commence the downvotes.
|
TeamGreen
3/28/2022 2:34pm
I’ve been watching RDL via Peacock and watch the races on CNBC/USA…

I don’t have any problems with crew. Do the producers and control-room folks need to use more P-n-P and develop better timing with their “features”? Uh, yes!

But, outside of that? I’m good.
Magoofan
Shadow Glen (for those who remember), CA US
3/28/2022 2:34pm
Acceptance of mediocrity.... the new American value. .

3/28/2022 2:36pm
I'm clowning on your because not only are you beating a dead horse, you're such an attention junky you created your own thread instead of adding something to the existing one.

"I love your mom" was meant to be dismissive of your post, not an insult to your mother. My condolences on your loss, that's a difficult thing to go through.

The Shop

LungButter
3/28/2022 2:39pm
Magoofan wrote:

Nah, I just have enough common sense to know that our hillbilly sport is never gonna be big enough to have coverage like the NFL, NBA, College Hoops etc. etc.

Some of ya'll are actually delusional enough to think that we are on a level with those sports and will get the same resources allocated that they do.

We are only a few years removed from the promoters PAYING to have it on TV, keep that in mind.

Is the coverage better or worse than when Magoo was racing?
LungButter
3/28/2022 2:43pm
I'm clowning on your because not only are you beating a dead horse, you're such an attention junky you created your own thread instead of adding...
I'm clowning on your because not only are you beating a dead horse, you're such an attention junky you created your own thread instead of adding something to the existing one.

"I love your mom" was meant to be dismissive of your post, not an insult to your mother. My condolences on your loss, that's a difficult thing to go through.
I created the post as a way to mock the guys like you typing out the same crap, in the same ol' threads, bitching about the same TV shit week after week after week after week....

Maybe we need a sub-forum just for you guys who want to constantly bitch about the TV coverage because there are threads on it Every. Single. Week.

If some of ya'll are such TV Production experts then put in a fucking bid to do it and show us just how good you are.

Guys on here clowning on RC for his commentary probably get camera shy when someone starts filming at a family birthday party....

The way I see it, we're lucky to even have a way to watch it Live every week. As important as we think it is, SX/MX is pretty frickin' small time in the world of sports.
3/28/2022 3:04pm
I love their coverage as well.....

If you love the 11th-13th place battle, as the stadium is freaking out about lead changes.
plowboy
3/28/2022 3:10pm
LungButter wrote:
Yep, I said it and I meant it....never has it been easier or cheaper to watch the races LIVE every Saturday night. $5 freakin' dollars a...
Yep, I said it and I meant it....never has it been easier or cheaper to watch the races LIVE every Saturday night.

$5 freakin' dollars a month is amazing, that's about a $1-$1.25 for 3 hours of entertainment.

Also, spare me the "it was free" crap, paying $100+ per month for some crappy TV package is not FREE.

Commence the downvotes.
I'm right there with ya Bud. Could it be better...of course. I do know that bitching on Vital ain't gonna fix it. Lol...I also know that if they make one group happy another group won't like it. Pinch
plowboy
3/28/2022 3:14pm
I love their coverage as well.....

If you love the 11th-13th place battle, as the stadium is freaking out about lead changes.
Unless you are family, fan or sponsor of the 11th - 13th place guys. Then you'd be pissed that only the top dogs get any coverage. Gotta spread the love.
zehn
3/28/2022 3:17pm
Dudes be like “hur dur women complain so much” the get on vital every Sunday morning to talk about the broadcast
Magoofan
Shadow Glen (for those who remember), CA US
3/28/2022 3:40pm
Magoofan wrote:

LungButter wrote:
Nah, I just have enough common sense to know that our hillbilly sport is never gonna be big enough to have coverage like the NFL, NBA...
Nah, I just have enough common sense to know that our hillbilly sport is never gonna be big enough to have coverage like the NFL, NBA, College Hoops etc. etc.

Some of ya'll are actually delusional enough to think that we are on a level with those sports and will get the same resources allocated that they do.

We are only a few years removed from the promoters PAYING to have it on TV, keep that in mind.

Of course the coverage is better than the old days. But there is no reason it can't be better...even without throwing more money into it

The beef everyone shares..... interrupting the races with last weeks BS or someones interview or birthday celebration etc etc etc.

Stay on the racing...that's all we're saying.
tomlopez
3/28/2022 3:44pm
Ah yes, the old "how dare you have criticisms when general technology has improved over the past 50 years" argument
SEEMEFIRST
3/28/2022 5:05pm
I did buy a 60" TV to watch....well a 60" image, not 2 20" images.
prozach
3/28/2022 5:15pm
Watch it on DVR every sat night. It's great IMO. Every lap, no commercials, or filler. Watch the whole thing in just over an hour.
SEEMEFIRST
3/28/2022 5:19pm
prozach wrote:
Watch it on DVR every sat night. It's great IMO. Every lap, no commercials, or filler. Watch the whole thing in just over an hour.
That's how I watch, but I still like to see full screen.
bichwolf
3/28/2022 5:23pm
Werd
Every round in HD and live
Ozy
3/28/2022 7:26pm
I remember waiting for cycle news to come in the mail midweek to find out who won.

I have no problem with paying for peacock and watching every qualifying session and night show
Titan1
3/28/2022 7:33pm
My only complaint with the broadcast, is that they don’t call the race…it’s like the race is almost an afterthought while the announcers talk about the track, what happened last week, what happened at dinner, what the riders like to for fun, seems like almost anything but what is going on on the track. Is the racing so boring that there is nothing going on on the track to talk about?

Drives me nuts…call the race…
3/28/2022 10:20pm
Magoofan wrote:

LungButter wrote:
Nah, I just have enough common sense to know that our hillbilly sport is never gonna be big enough to have coverage like the NFL, NBA...

Magoo was awesome
creature654
Fantasy
79th
3/29/2022 3:19am
The broadcast sucks. RC never graduated elementary school and it shows. We haven’t had a good color guy since the 90s. Camera wants to watch people ride around alone while just a couple spots back people are fighting for their lives and we never see it(Every heat race). And even with hours of dead air time between racing we still cut away from LIVE racing to show old stuff, or completely unrelated non riding stuff.

Mountain bike, snowboarding, bmx would all be considered smaller than our sport, and they don’t have any issues with coverage. We’d be better off with RACEday Live.
dsmith
Fantasy
1485th
3/29/2022 4:15am
First turn outta the gate. ...camera angle top down view...not ...let's see the tires view..
crowe660
Fantasy
4049th
3/29/2022 4:20am
LungButter wrote:
Yep, I said it and I meant it....never has it been easier or cheaper to watch the races LIVE every Saturday night. $5 freakin' dollars a...

Commence the downvotes.
Word
gt80rider
3/29/2022 7:13am
LungButter wrote:

Commence the downvotes.
"for 3 hours of marketing".... there, fixed it for ya... and mad props... most people hate paying to watch commercials... you are the new breed, willing to pay whatever the billionaires tell you to...
LungButter
3/29/2022 7:49am
gt80rider wrote:
"for 3 hours of marketing".... there, fixed it for ya... and mad props... most people hate paying to watch commercials... you are the new breed, willing...
"for 3 hours of marketing".... there, fixed it for ya... and mad props... most people hate paying to watch commercials... you are the new breed, willing to pay whatever the billionaires tell you to...
Ummmmm....hate to break it to you, but you obviously haven't figured this out on your own.... this ENTIRE SPORT at the Pro Level exists for Marketing.

Thought that was pretty obvious but I guess some folks need the obvious pointed out to them.

Glad I could help you to understand better, have a good day.
fourfourone
3/29/2022 7:54am
LungButter wrote:

Commence the downvotes.
gt80rider wrote:
"for 3 hours of marketing".... there, fixed it for ya... and mad props... most people hate paying to watch commercials... you are the new breed, willing...
The whole sport is about marketing lol.
Zesiger 112
Fantasy
2020th
3/29/2022 8:17am
What is the deal with peacock replays? I missed the Seattle race and it’s still not on there?
race
3/30/2022 12:15am
The broadcast sucks. RC never graduated elementary school and it shows. We haven’t had a good color guy since the 90s. Camera wants to watch people...
The broadcast sucks. RC never graduated elementary school and it shows. We haven’t had a good color guy since the 90s. Camera wants to watch people ride around alone while just a couple spots back people are fighting for their lives and we never see it(Every heat race). And even with hours of dead air time between racing we still cut away from LIVE racing to show old stuff, or completely unrelated non riding stuff.

Mountain bike, snowboarding, bmx would all be considered smaller than our sport, and they don’t have any issues with coverage. We’d be better off with RACEday Live.
"Camera wants to watch people ride around alone while just a couple spots back people are fighting for their lives and we never see it(Every heat race)."

Totally agree. It was especially bad this last week as it seemed you would constantly hear the crowd going off in the background on something other than what the director was showing us. They may have set a record for missing the action. For those of you that were at Seattle and saw the broadcast ... was that the case or was there some off track stuff going on that was setting off the crowd?

Anyone recall when we would heap praise on the director / crew of the Canada outdoor series for their ability to instantly find every battle on the track yet still keep focus on the leaders? It can be done.

Televised sports may be all about 'selling soap' as they say but you still want to capture as much of the action / experience as possible. Even if the only goal is to up your ad rates.
4/6/2022 6:14pm
Ay mane I aint gonna complain about 5 bucks a month for supercross and outdoors!!!! But the supercross broadcast has got to change. Bruh the science of supercross makes me wanna lobotomize myself. Why do they feel the need to explain how hand sanitizer works? I don't want to watch mc tell me how much water Tomac drinks. Lee Diffey blows too where emig at???

Post a reply to: I love the TV coverage.

The Latest