I love my dirt bike

motogroove
Edited Date/Time 1/27/2012 1:18pm
I played/practiced at CT River MX today with a big crowd and some great friends. It was a perfect day with a couple of "firsts" for this old C-rider, never was fast, semi-woods guy who decided to love MX in his late 40s.

They were watering plenty today, but it's been dry this summer and the moon dust is piled deep on the outside of the corners. I heard lots of folks saying it was slippery out there, but somehow the track just came to my setup today. It felt so good.

I was drifting with confidence and blasting into that moondust berm which people were hating, then screwing on the 300 all the way to brAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAp! The suspension was laughing with me when we jumped into the bumps wrong. It was all just working.

Perfect temperature out, cookie cutter puffy clouds, nice breeze but not windy...

*two firsts*

For the first time ever, I was casually adjusting the attitude of my bike in the air with some revs. No panic, just the revs. Not perfect or anything, but becoming instinctive (!).

And I was passing folks here and there, which happens for me in a polite and civilized manner. I could see them up there and I'd reel them in. One guy was clearly easy pickings, but after a couple straights and a couple turns feeling stuck behind him, I felt the need to do something I've never done in earnest. He was on the outside in a right hand sweeper, and I was in the middle. Mid turn, we were next to each other, side by side. Normally, slow guy that I am, I'd try to ride through there side by side and get him on the straight. But I got him in the third quarter of the turn, took the moondust for myself, slammed the fucking door, and probably roosted the shit out of him too. That was pretty good for me. LOL

-Dean
2001 GasGas xc300
|
Cygnus
9/5/2010 3:48pm
Good report Dean. Glad to hear you had fun.
jaeckle
9/5/2010 6:43pm
That's what amateur mx is all about. One word. FUN.

The Shop

jimmie
9/5/2010 7:12pm
I'm jealous, that's for sure.

Not a better feeling in all the world then when your on your moto mojo.

Sweet to hear your day at the track was awesome.

I'm jealous........................oh I said that already.

Post a reply to: I love my dirt bike

The Latest