I like it hard!

Related:
Create New Tag

12/15/2019 10:00 AM

Hi! No it's not what you think... Well kinda!

I'm looking for a hard high density seat foam for my 06 CR 125 I rebuilt last winter, I want one that feel like the last generation CRF. I really like the feel of the 17-18-19 CRF 450 seat.

-My stock seat foam is in good condition, but its way too soft I feel like I sink in it.

-I first bought a standard hardness from Guts, felt softer than my 13 years old OEM foam, especially where de foam is thinner

-Bought a hard foam from Guts again, was probably the same hardness has my OEM foam, but again, really soft where the foam is thinner. I also really wasn't impressed with the fitment/alignment/quality of both of them, especially at what they cost me.

-I sent an email to Think technology about 3 weeks ago to see if they had something to help me with, I still haven't heard anything from them. Also have heard some bad experience.

-newer seat assembly doesn't fit

Do you guys know any other brand who make good seat foam? I know motoseat, factory effex, but I expect it to be exactly like the Guts foam since they seem to use the same material.

If not, do you guys know exactly what kind of foam OEM or Think uses? And where could I get a block to carve one in?

Thank you in advance!!
Photo
Photo
Photo

|

12/15/2019 1:46 PM

Can’t help, but damn that’s a beautiful bike!

|

12/16/2019 10:39 AM

Photo
|

"A rule is a rule and without rules, there is Chaos"....Cosmo Kramer

12/17/2019 4:52 AM

Try putting a seat cover over another one. It will be 'marginally', dare I say it, "harder"! LOL

|

12/17/2019 5:05 AM

Looks like you answered your own question. Idk of any other suppliers? You may just have to custom make one to your liking. I had the same experience with “Think” but read they are the most firm. Nice bike.

Ghost

|

12/17/2019 6:21 AM

Acerbis makes a complete that’s made of insanely hard foam.

|

12/17/2019 4:17 PM
Edited Date/Time: 12/17/2019 4:17 PM

Saddlemen was about to delve into MX seat foam and I think they have a firm option. It's worth a try.
Or, the Acerbis X-Seat is pretty darn firm, like Crutcher said above.

|

Braaapin' aint easy.

12/17/2019 5:42 PM

Falcon wrote:

Saddlemen was about to delve into MX seat foam and I think they have a firm option. It's worth a try.
Or, the Acerbis X-Seat ...more

Acerbis don't make them for older bike...
Saddlemen only have seat cover for CR

Guess I will have to carve one, but I don't have any clue of what type of foam to look at. Anyone know what is the name of the foam OEM or Think uses?

|

12/17/2019 6:18 PM

llaliberte22 wrote:

Acerbis don't make them for older bike...
Saddlemen only have seat cover for CR

Guess I will have to carve one, but I don't ...more

Pas mal certain t'as besoin du foam polypropylene, closed cell, high density.

|

"Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz the tower."

12/18/2019 6:06 AM

won't get much harder than these. SDG Photo

|

12/18/2019 6:37 AM
Edited Date/Time: 12/18/2019 6:38 AM

If you have to go the route of carving the seat, check out Dynamic Systems, Inc. (sunmatecushions.com) in Leicester, NC. I'm in the, very drawn out process, of replacing the seat foam on my 05' CBR600RR and they sent me samples of all of their foams so I could pick which firmness I'd need. It was free, not so sure about shipping to CAN for you though. Worth a shot. I was pretty impressed with the selection they have.

|

12/18/2019 9:56 AM

bf884 wrote:

won't get much harder than these. SDG Photo

I second the SDG recommendation.
I have one on my woods bike. It was very firm when new. I’ve had it for 5 years and it still feels great. Photo

|