I like Tomac even more now.

Related:
Create New Tag

4/28/2019 7:51 PM

He gave 100%, and had a tough night(not the only one), and was gracious in defeat. Good to see him battling with #2.

|

"If you are going through HELL, keep going."-Winston Churchill
"A man needs a little madness or else he never dares cut the rope and be free"-Zorba

4/28/2019 8:04 PM

Yep. Anyone who thinks Tomac isn’t trying is not too smart. I bet he’s more upset with himself than anyone else is.

|

4/28/2019 8:09 PM

Now some are criticizing him for being gracious and saying he had to laugh at himself for two crashes in the same spot.

Well, the championship was very unlikely even at 18 points down so you can't always beat yourself up when you make a mistake.

He knew he was the fastest and he knew he gave it everything he had. Nothing more you can do. So he handled it perfectly after the race in my view.

|

4/28/2019 8:10 PM

If there’s one thing that’s true, it’s that folks on vital love Eli.

|

4/28/2019 8:24 PM

observeroffacts wrote:

What part of my post do you think untrue?

|

"A man needs a little madness or else he never dares cut the rope and be free"-Zorba

4/28/2019 8:27 PM

I love lamp

|

4/28/2019 8:31 PM

Hey slip,

|

4/28/2019 8:36 PM

Photo courtesy vital mx.

|

4/28/2019 8:38 PM

observeroffacts wrote:

I think it’s safe to say that there is a large percentage of moto heads who “love Eli”.

|

4/28/2019 8:39 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/29/2019 6:43 AM

I like to be entertained, Eli entertains. James Stewart entertained, I don't care about championships to either of their names. The things that get remembered and talked about again and again are the races where they did amazing things. I cannot recall a single race of some of the past champions as being exceptionally exciting to watch them in. Eli is always (almost always) fun to watch, even Cooper web has been exciting this year in some races. If Eli never wins a supercross title I'll still remember several specifics races of his career as being awesome. I can't say that about Ryan Dungey though, no disrespect to him.

|

4/28/2019 8:39 PM

More to the point, he got up quickly and charged again. Hasn't always done that.

It was just a simple crash as he was going for it. Can't criticise a man who leaves it all out there!

|

Cheers, Crush
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

4/28/2019 9:18 PM

DF313 wrote:

I like to be entertained, Eli entertains. James Stewart entertained, I don't care about championships to either of their names. The things that get remembered and talked about again and again are the races where they did amazing things. I cannot recall a single race of some of the past champions as being exceptionally exciting to watch them in. Eli is always (almost always) fun to watch, even Cooper web has been exciting this year in some races. If Eli never wins a supercross title I'll still remember several specifics races of his career as being awesome. I can't say that about Ryan Dungey though, no disrespect to him.

You said it perfectly DF313! I am the same. Eli is pure entertainment and so fun to watch. Just like JS7 and Bob Hannah were.

Championships are nice for the rider/team but from a fan's perspective, I personally don't care a whole lot about them. I have fun watching good races and Eli is the most exciting racer at the moment.

ET's second moto rides in last years Nationals were epic and all-time greats. Some of his SX rides have been crazy good too. Last Saturday almost was another of those epic rides for him. Kind of like Babe Ruth, the home runs are great but when you swing for the fences you are going to strike out a lot too.

So don't stop going for it Eli! It would be boring if everyone rode around trying to be careful and not screw up. BTW I think Cooper can go for it too and we may see that this summer. Zacho may join the show as well.

|

4/28/2019 9:25 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/28/2019 9:26 PM

Me too. He seems a lot happier so that's good to see no matter what. Denver will be an all-time highlight win for him. It's been a great SX season. I would not have picked Webb at the start of the season but man did he earn it these past few weeks. Keeps putting himself in the right position week after week.

Musquin, Roczen, Wilson have been good to watch. Plus the Barcia, Baggett wins and Osborne is on the gas. There can only be one winner but the series has been better than just your favorite guy winning. Would be great to top it off with a 94 win in Vegas but that's not looking likely. Plus, apparently people like to bag on Hill and he's been around just enough to fill that void in people's lives as well. What more could you ask for?

|

4/28/2019 10:49 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/28/2019 10:52 PM

It's honestly insane to watch him when he's on a solid heater. Just pure brutality. I love his style when he starts getting aggressive.

|

2001 RM125
2016 RMz450

4/28/2019 11:11 PM

Forsure he has showed a lot of humanity this year. But it has to be a huge disappointment to not have a championship yet, clock is tickin

|

4/28/2019 11:15 PM

Kyle_McNab wrote:

Forsure he has showed a lot of humanity this year. But it has to be a huge disappointment to not have a championship yet, clock is tickin

Outdoors will be good!

|

4/29/2019 2:51 AM

It was a great race with plenty of excitement for the championship

|

4/29/2019 3:18 AM

Only Tomaniacs can say championships don’t matter and entertainment is all that matters. Hmmm..... ok so why keep score, why even call it a race. Just make some obstacles and hit them, wait that’s x-games shit. Here have a participation trophy.

|

4/29/2019 3:54 AM

bam530 wrote:

Only Tomaniacs can say championships don’t matter and entertainment is all that matters. Hmmm..... ok so why keep score, why even call it a race. Just make some obstacles and hit them, wait that’s x-games shit. Here have a participation trophy.

LOL... they think we believe them. Those Eli nuts are dying inside and grasping at anything.

Great series. Wish there was a 4 pt spread amongst top 3 heading into Vegas though.

|

2013 KTM 450SXF, 1983 YZ 250K, & 1983 CR 250

4/29/2019 4:21 AM

observeroffacts wrote:

oldblood wrote:

What part of my post do you think untrue?

I don’t think any part of your post is untrue, nor did I say or imply that.

|

4/29/2019 4:37 AM

He showed a lot of respect by not trying to take coop out. Good old fashion aggressive racing but no unnecessary take outs. Unlike forkner…

|

4/29/2019 6:08 AM

bam530 wrote:

I think the people here have an appreciation for moto that runs deeper than the guy who wins the championship. People here watch races week in and week out and appreciate great racing. Eli has all the ingredients to make for great weekly racing: he gets terrible starts, can sometimes run a pace that is 1 second indoors (here and there) and 3 seconds outdoors (way often) faster than anybody else here in the states, and he is known for his late-race charges.

Yes, the championship means a lot. But most of the people here actually watch the weekly races and enjoy seeing battles, even if they aren't for a championships.

|

4/29/2019 7:35 AM

Lately, he seems to be enjoying his job a lot more. Hopefully it leads to a longer career.

|

4/29/2019 7:49 AM
Edited Date/Time: 4/29/2019 7:50 AM

He is who he is... and he just isn't RC, or MC, or Villo.... He will go down as a former FMOTP, which is no joke... and a fine man........

|

www.bettercallsaul.com
Die Antwoord

4/29/2019 8:02 AM

I just wish they would have remembered to change Mike Williamsons settings Saturday night.

|

4/29/2019 8:40 AM

Eli is at his best when he's pissed. There is a brutality to the way he attacks a track when he's there to prove something. Sad that this year he waited too long. All he proved this year was that he didn't have what it took to win the championship. He only got second place by doing his "Ryan Dungey" imitation, and manage points to stay in the top-3.

|

4/29/2019 9:22 AM

DF313 wrote:

You don't remember when Dungey's Suzuki wouldn't start after the sight lap and had to be rushed back to the truck and him getting it and blasting off just as the front runners were rounding the track, thus putting him a lap down right off the start and then battling his way up 5th? From an entire lap down, in the mud? Or Dungey at the MEC shifting his bike IN THE AIR WITH HIS HAND? 'cause I sure remember those things and they were pretty exciting.

|

2015 Kawasaki KX 250F
2015 GasGas TXT Racing 125
2015 Husqvarna TC 125
2018 KTM 150 XC-W

4/29/2019 9:48 AM

bam530 wrote:

+1

I like Tomac more after that race too. I like the fact he tossed it away not once, but twice ! That was entertainment fans.
Oh well ,the outdoors is just around the corner and the best news for Tomac fans is that Herlings is not coming....lol.
Entertain me Eli......

|

4/29/2019 11:01 AM

DF313 wrote:

HighPlainsSquid wrote:

You don't remember when Dungey's Suzuki wouldn't start after the sight lap and had to be rushed back to the truck and him getting it and blasting off just as the front runners were rounding the track, thus putting him a lap down right off the start and then battling his way up 5th? From an entire lap down, in the mud? Or Dungey at the MEC shifting his bike IN THE AIR WITH HIS HAND? 'cause I sure remember those things and they were pretty exciting.

You're right, now that you mention them, I do remember those races and they were entertaining, I will agree with you. As a fan of any particular racer, I am sure highlights from other racers get overlooked.

|

4/29/2019 11:36 AM

observeroffacts wrote:

jevyguy wrote:

I think it’s safe to say that there is a large percentage of moto heads who “love Eli”.

|