I know Ricky Carmichael is considered......

dirtnapper
3/23/2014 8:55am Edited Date/Time 3/24/2014 7:39am
.......to be a real humble, easy going down-to-earth guy, class act, etc. and theres no doubt he deserves the GOAT moniker.

He would probably tell anyone he is really happy for Stewy, but deep, deep down, how many of you think last night he just thought, "dang.............that sucks........"

I bet ya anything.
|
kongols
3/23/2014 8:58am
Look at his twitter. He still doesn`t like losing.
dirtnapper
3/23/2014 9:00am
kongols wrote:
Don't follow Tweeter. Ever.

Can you copy a link? I'm interested.......
Grieby54
3/23/2014 9:20am
Humble, down to earth, and easy going are words that I would never use to describe Ricky. Ever.
dirtnapper
3/23/2014 9:27am
Grieby54 wrote:
Humble, down to earth, and easy going are words that I would never use to describe Ricky. Ever.
I worded my thread title very carefully....................................Wink

( I agree with you )

The Shop

machine
3/23/2014 9:36am
Well outdoors no one is going to touch him..so he will always have that to hang his hat on.
FastEddy
Fantasy
955th
3/23/2014 9:37am
kongols wrote:
He said congratulations to JS7.
Not sure what you are referring to.
3/23/2014 9:37am
dirtnapper wrote:
Don't follow Tweeter. Ever.

Can you copy a link? I'm interested.......
Ricky Carmichael ‏@RickyCarmichael 14h
Congrats @js7 on surpassing me and becoming the 2nd winningest rider n SX, fun to watch. Been a long time coming my friend. Keep it going.
Hut
3/23/2014 9:38am
Haha I honestly thought you were being sarcastic with this line "a real humble, easy going down-to-earth guy, class act, etc."
kongols
3/23/2014 9:43am
kongols wrote:
FastEddy wrote:
Yes he did but there was few more tweets after that questioning winning % and how this is only one of his many records etc. It gave me a general feeling he does not like to lose.
I don`t see it as a bad characteristic of the guy. That was his fuel while he was racing.
FastEddy
Fantasy
955th
3/23/2014 9:48am
kongols wrote:
Yes he did but there was few more tweets after that questioning winning % and how this is only one of his many records etc. It...
Yes he did but there was few more tweets after that questioning winning % and how this is only one of his many records etc. It gave me a general feeling he does not like to lose.
I don`t see it as a bad characteristic of the guy. That was his fuel while he was racing.
I see what you are saying. Wink
Hut
3/23/2014 9:52am
A strong type A personality is probably what drove him to be the greatest of all time. Probably not something that you just turn off once you retire from racing.
level
3/23/2014 11:23am
Ricky hates to lose. I mean hates it. He has even mentioned as much.
dirtnapper
3/23/2014 12:23pm
Hut wrote:
Haha I honestly thought you were being sarcastic with this line "a real humble, easy going down-to-earth guy, class act, etc."
My title said "considered" to be........

I have been on Vital long enough to know if you say anything negative about RC you will get crucified. He sort of has an 'untouchable' status on here. Go ahead and say RC has no class, see what happens.........

The real point of my thread is, I would bet anything that he is a little pouty this morning knowing that he actually got passed on the SX all time list.
Hut
3/23/2014 12:55pm
Hut wrote:
dirtnapper wrote:
My title said "considered" to be........ I have been on Vital long enough to know if you say anything negative about RC you will get crucified...

I have been on Vital long enough to know if you say anything negative about RC you will get crucified. He sort of has an 'untouchable' status on here. Go ahead and say RC has no class, see what happens.........

The real point of my thread is, I would bet anything that he is a little pouty this morning knowing that he actually got passed on the SX all time list.
Oh yeah he was congratulatory but I bet inside he no likey!
ocscottie
3/23/2014 1:05pm
I swear some of the shit you guys come up with....im 100% positive RC is secure in his place in the record books, lets look at facts: FIFTEEN titles (10 straight outdoor) and never failed to defend a title he competed in. No other rider can say that, or ever will.
jleews6
3/23/2014 1:20pm
ocscottie wrote:
I swear some of the shit you guys come up with....im 100% positive RC is secure in his place in the record books, lets look at...
I swear some of the shit you guys come up with....im 100% positive RC is secure in his place in the record books, lets look at facts: FIFTEEN titles (10 straight outdoor) and never failed to defend a title he competed in. No other rider can say that, or ever will.
And thats a fact Jack! Laughing
davistld01
3/23/2014 1:38pm Edited Date/Time 3/23/2014 1:41pm
Hut wrote:
dirtnapper wrote:
My title said "considered" to be........ I have been on Vital long enough to know if you say anything negative about RC you will get crucified...

Hut wrote:
Oh yeah he was congratulatory but I bet inside he no likey!
Like dirtnapper said, I'd be shocked if he was really ok with it! I mean, I'm sure he's ok with Stewart doing it...but not real ok with it being done. He's got to be that proud of what he's accomplished.

All that said...no matter, RC is still the GOAT!
willie838
3/23/2014 2:06pm Edited Date/Time 3/23/2014 2:09pm
kongols wrote:
yeah, it's kind of embarrassing he still has to take shots even after he's long since hung it up.

giving a compliment is not taking away from your legacy. Acting like a child over it isn't very flattering.

still my favorite rider ever and watching him crush for his entire career was an absolute treat.

---

further down in his twitter feed someone got to # of wins in starts, and js7 had done it in 2 less than rc i believe..

rc replied "what about championships bud?" (or something thereabouts)......

love him as a racer but just seems a little foot stompy right now haha
Bigshow
3/23/2014 5:47pm
Well if he is, he has no one to blame but himself. What was Ricky 28 when he retired? Reed still winning at 32, that would have been four more seasons Ricky could of had more wins and taken some from Bubba.
oshow
3/23/2014 6:46pm
kongols wrote:
FastEddy wrote:
kongols wrote:
Yes he did but there was few more tweets after that questioning winning % and how this is only one of his many records etc. It...
I can Guarentee you that he does not like to lose. At anything.
DemoDick
3/23/2014 6:46pm
I love Stewie, Love MC, and even like Rv2 but until someone goes 24 for 24 TWICE in their career RC will remain the GOAT in my book.
Boarddesign
Fantasy
1860th
3/23/2014 7:03pm
My son was doing RCU at Lake Elsinore, during one of the sessions they stop and talk about what they are working on he ask's "ok, anyone have any questions (about the section)?". My son (6) raised his hand and asked "Did James Stewart teach you everything you know about riding?".... Ricky closed his eyes for a second and started to grin (pulled the dagger out of his heart) and politely said "No". It got a few giggles out of the parents and was a bit uncomfortable but he was extremely nice and understanding about the comment. I thought he handled it well (from one parent to another).

The traits listed in the first comment, I believe are true but so are the others (cocky arrogant etc) but keep in mind internally that is what it takes to be a champion and every champion believes/lives this wether the externalize it or not.

kudo's to the GOAT.
Big Lenny
3/23/2014 7:08pm
ocscottie wrote:
I swear some of the shit you guys come up with....im 100% positive RC is secure in his place in the record books, lets look at...
Well he did lose a WSX title to James, and currently the Battle Of The Bulge....Whistling
dirtnapper
3/23/2014 7:58pm
My son was doing RCU at Lake Elsinore, during one of the sessions they stop and talk about what they are working on he ask's "ok...
My son was doing RCU at Lake Elsinore, during one of the sessions they stop and talk about what they are working on he ask's "ok, anyone have any questions (about the section)?". My son (6) raised his hand and asked "Did James Stewart teach you everything you know about riding?".... Ricky closed his eyes for a second and started to grin (pulled the dagger out of his heart) and politely said "No". It got a few giggles out of the parents and was a bit uncomfortable but he was extremely nice and understanding about the comment. I thought he handled it well (from one parent to another).

The traits listed in the first comment, I believe are true but so are the others (cocky arrogant etc) but keep in mind internally that is what it takes to be a champion and every champion believes/lives this wether the externalize it or not.

kudo's to the GOAT.
that is an AWESOME story! Laughing

you always get that type of innocent honesty out of kids, that's awesome Wink
Hut
3/24/2014 7:39am
ocscottie wrote:
I got nothing but respect for the GOAT. His accomplishments are unmatched and will remain.

Post a reply to: I know Ricky Carmichael is considered......

The Latest