I just watched the fastest man on earth....

7/22/2018 4:14am
It's going to be like the 2010 match up of Dungey and Caroli, and we all know how that ended. Although Toni will still be there and race win threat. Incredible!
7/22/2018 4:16am
Making arrangements as I type. FUCK YEAH this is going to be good. 2010 was fucking awesome. This year I'll be bringing my 9 yo boy...
Making arrangements as I type. FUCK YEAH this is going to be good. 2010 was fucking awesome. This year I'll be bringing my 9 yo boy while the wife and daughter hang out in Palm Springs. We'll be doing the usual West coast stuff too like Disneyland. I'll have to find out what else to do as a family while we are over for 2 weeks.
MudPup545 wrote:
West coast? Disneyland? Making arrangements? The MXdN is in Michigan. No where near any of those. I'm confused.
You'll be good. So will we. Wink
philG
7/22/2018 4:48am
racerx217 wrote:
As much as i love my country, you are out of your mind if you think Eli has anything for Hurlings...
TbonesPop wrote:
I guess we will find out in a few months. Personally, I think Eli has a lot more for Herlings than you do. The two fastest...
I guess we will find out in a few months. Personally, I think Eli has a lot more for Herlings than you do. The two fastest guys in the world IMO on any given day. The first moto today, Eli was 4 seconds faster on the fastest lap than any other rider. The second moto Eli flat out laid it down on MM25. MXoN will be insane.
You are confusing the weakness of rhe field , for strength at the front. Yes he is fast. But dont get carried away.

The Shop

biscuit11
7/22/2018 6:17am Edited Date/Time 7/22/2018 6:19am
Eli had over 4 seconds on the field today whenever he wanted. He only needed that pace for a short time. He didnt have that pace last year and still split with herlings in jax. I want to say that was race 30 on ET3s schedule for the year. I was there in person Herlings was close enough moto 1 if he had anything but he didnt. Eli learning to control pace is counter productive to his et3 vs Herlings vital threads lol but nothing he can do will erase this fascination everyone has with herlings being unbeatable. They are both unreal and i cant wait till sept to see these guys go for it.
shirey
Fantasy
4092nd
7/22/2018 6:20am
I’m calling it now. Musquin cross jumps Tomac and allows herlings to pass both of them.
cbuehler767
7/22/2018 8:02am
dirtnapper wrote:
It can't be only me who is absolutly sick of hearing this same argument / debate load of shit over and over again.......can it??
*Raising my hand wildly* Oh oh me me!!
cbuehler767
7/22/2018 8:07am
My gut tells me you have to give the nod to Herlings but good lord 4 sec faster pretty much whenever he feels like it? Not over some scrubs, 4 sec over the elite. That's just not right. And he's done this all yr. When he needs it he fucking uncorks retard (can I use that word still?) speed. He seems just fine to pace the guts in front of him too but when he makes his move its cya instant gap
NateDawg
7/22/2018 8:11am
racerx217 wrote:
As much as i love my country, you are out of your mind if you think Eli has anything for Hurlings...
Really?? I understand if you think Herlings is better but to say Tomac hss nothing for him seems a bit ludacris. Tomac absolutely crushed Cairoli 4 U.S. GP motos in a row. Musquin is one of the best in the world and Eli regularly passes him like he's standing still. Dude is no joke.
NateDawg
7/22/2018 8:14am
langhammx wrote:
I hope Eli can bring his A-game to MXoN and give Herlings a good race, but if I was a betting man I’d put my money...
I hope Eli can bring his A-game to MXoN and give Herlings a good race, but if I was a betting man I’d put my money on Herrlings..,.
Anyone thinking Tomac is going to smoke Herrlings, should watch the GP tomorrow.
And anyone who thinks Herlings is going to smoke Tomac needs to watch Moto 2 at Millville.
cbuehler767
7/22/2018 8:19am
NateDawg wrote:
Really?? I understand if you think Herlings is better but to say Tomac hss nothing for him seems a bit ludacris. Tomac absolutely crushed Cairoli 4...
Really?? I understand if you think Herlings is better but to say Tomac hss nothing for him seems a bit ludacris. Tomac absolutely crushed Cairoli 4 U.S. GP motos in a row. Musquin is one of the best in the world and Eli regularly passes him like he's standing still. Dude is no joke.
This. I'm from the states and like I've said I give the edge to Herlings. But to say he will wax Eli that's just a little silly. I've personally witnessed Eli this year putting down heaters and if JH can crush him I will gladly say you were right and be amazed. I don't see it though
RacerX8
7/22/2018 12:39pm
I'm a fan of both these guys, their talent is unbelievable! I just want to see both bring their "A" game and push their bikes beyond the design parameters, the checkered will go to the guy with the best kit that day.
J2s
7/22/2018 12:49pm
Tomac best get his starts sorted as Jeffry is nailing his worst case has been top 5 out the first corner
biscuit11
7/23/2018 7:40pm
Tomac was nailing the starts on the metal grate, the outdoors don't use them.
Turbojez
7/24/2018 2:28am
Tomac doesn't scrub corners, so that's not really a fair comparison.
kkawboy14
7/24/2018 6:30am
.....how long until the other teams start to cut their riders contracts since they can’t even stay in the same zip code with the bullet?
resetjet
7/24/2018 6:41am
Tomac has kamikazee mode. When he uncorks one and does not crash, he is unbeatable.
billyp330
7/24/2018 6:51am
Just wait til October and pray it’s not a mud race. Everyone knows our guys suck in the mud lol
dboivin wrote:
this is being sarcastic right?
rutsmash wrote:
Cole Seely said the Euros were crazy fast in the rain conditions at MXoN...something he wasn't used to. So probably not sarcastic or shouldn't be...
Yea and Seely totally destroys everyone here in the mud.......

Both Tomac and Herlings have their days. I think (and really hope) that Tomac will beat Herlings at MXoN, but even if he does, that does not make him the fastest in the world as Herlings could beat him at other tracks or just on a different day who knows. I would love to see them go head to head for an outdoor championship (either Tomac go to the MXGPs or Herlings come to the states, IDC either way). Then we could clearly see who is the better rider. Course fanboys will still argue either way no matter what so...yea.
slipdog
7/24/2018 7:41am Edited Date/Time 7/24/2018 7:42am
Cairoli is going to win and all you cock knockers are going to look like a bunch of douche nozzles.
FlaNard
7/24/2018 9:59am
Woohoo this thread again!!! My two cents are that over a series Herlings wins but that Eli would also have his Jesus on a dirt bike races as well where he would stomp everyone. Herlings would just be consistently faster throughout a series. JH starts better and deals with pressure better. So he takes the series. MXDN is up for grabs but the scoreboard says Herlings right now.
7/24/2018 11:01am Edited Date/Time 7/24/2018 11:04am
biscuit11 wrote:
Eli had over 4 seconds on the field today whenever he wanted. He only needed that pace for a short time. He didnt have that pace...
Eli had over 4 seconds on the field today whenever he wanted. He only needed that pace for a short time. He didnt have that pace last year and still split with herlings in jax. I want to say that was race 30 on ET3s schedule for the year. I was there in person Herlings was close enough moto 1 if he had anything but he didnt. Eli learning to control pace is counter productive to his et3 vs Herlings vital threads lol but nothing he can do will erase this fascination everyone has with herlings being unbeatable. They are both unreal and i cant wait till sept to see these guys go for it.
"Split with Herlings in Jacksonville." Well, he also got crushed by Herlings in Indiana. (And let's not pretend "Tomac wasn't trying" in the first moto; he took the holeshot, got passed on the first lap, then crashed trying to match Herlings' pace.)

If you watched Moto 1 at Jacksonville, it was all about the start. Cairoli and Herlings both made poor starts (outside the top 10), while Tomac won the holeshot and, in effect, had a big head start. Then he wisely pushed hard when he had clear track, and he set fastest lap on Lap 3. Herlings had to pass about a dozen riders to get into second, but he was never in striking distance. It was never game on. Tomac rode well, and the gap stayed at about 12-14 seconds in the later stages. This was never an even fight.

Near the end of Moto 1, Paul Malin asked Jason Thomas of Fly Racing who he'd bet on if Tomac and Herlings both started well Moto 2, and Thomas said: "I have to like Jeffrey ... I question whether Eli would have been able to get to second the way Jeffrey has, had the roles been reversed at the start."

Sure enough, in the second moto, Herlings, Cairoli and Tomac all made good starts, and Tomac never challenged the KTM riders. Of course Herlings took the overall. Then consider this: Herlings doesn't make bad starts anymore.

These guys aren't Musquin and post-injury Roczen (or the rest of a mediocre AMA field). These guys are crazy fast now. Tomac really belongs in the MXGP series where he'd face worthy competition every time out, and we'd all enjoy that.
swtwtwtw
7/24/2018 11:23am
Watch 2016 moto 2 Millville 450 class. That’s the fmotp.
Titan1
7/24/2018 11:28am
Over a series I'd bet on Herlings (he just seems better at minimizing his mistakes over a series)...at any given race (not held in Belgium)...go ahead and flip a coin...I think they are close in all out speed.

The fun/scary thing about watching them both is that they are both willing to push way past comfortable in order to win...that's a tricky game of roulette though and it could-and has-bite them at any time.

I just hope they are first and second off the start in both moto's...and both healthy...how much fun to watch those two battle.
dboivin
7/24/2018 11:30am
Just wait til October and pray it’s not a mud race. Everyone knows our guys suck in the mud lol
dboivin wrote:
this is being sarcastic right?
rutsmash wrote:
Cole Seely said the Euros were crazy fast in the rain conditions at MXoN...something he wasn't used to. So probably not sarcastic or shouldn't be...
tomac is an A++ mudder. AP will kill it in rutted mud. Barcia is no slouch. Americans are hoping for rain. Being this race is in october at my home track that is more than likely gonna be mudfest (always is in the fall)...bring it.

btw, cole seely is known for supercross (and very good at it) and is from california (they cancel races when it rains)

Post a reply to: I just watched the fastest man on earth....

The Latest