I just spoke with Larry Brooks

Bauer
Edited Date/Time 1/27/2012 10:52am
LB returned my call on his way to Vegas. I'm writing this in response to those of you who actually are stupid enough to believe that Larry would be stupid enough to invite scrutiny from the FIM, AMA and the fans by suggesting to Kyle Chisholm that he should interfere with Reed in any way. It's a ridiculous notion and one that Brooks would not do.

When I asked him about it, he just said that Kyle made a mistake and got caught up in the moment. No big deal. He also said the last thing he would have wanted was for Kyle to hinder Reed, for the same reasons I just stated. James is the best rider in the world and in the points lead. No help needed.

Something all of you conspiracy theorists are forgetting is that to give an order like that would be cheating, and neither James, Larry, Mike Kraniak, or anyone else on the team are cheaters. Rules are rules, fools.

Larry hasn't won all those championships with all those different riders by being a dumbass, he's won because he's smart, experienced, and knows about the politics of the sport. He may not always say what you want to hear, including on these boards, but he gives it to you straight.
|
yzthumpa
4/30/2009 3:03pm
So which is it? Did he make a mistake or did he get caught up in the moment?
yzthumpa
4/30/2009 3:05pm Edited Date/Time 4/16/2016 11:40pm
Void Main wrote:
I hope he doesn't read the Thumpa Report. Smile
Does anyone really read that garbage?Smile
I just look at the pictures.

The Shop

txmxer
4/30/2009 3:07pm
I personally did not say, nor do I believe that there were team orders to mess with Reed. I think Kyle just screwed up on his own.

On the other hand, Larry and all of his "defenders" always say something like this, "he gives it to you straight." Which, if that were true, I think he would get a lot less negative feedback. But, what I read was editorializing of all the straight facts. And the opinion side of things was always harping on how someone else screwed up. He was always the victim. I've never seen him write anything that showed any humility.

Then along comes all the mean people on the 'net to point out this shortcoming (giving it to him straight) and he gets offended.

jonjon714
4/30/2009 3:09pm
I'd like to know how many times KC used that sequence before that corner... Coming off that table fast enough to get over the single would put you at a high rate of speed going into that corner. He may not have been prepared for that and it very well could have been just a mistake. Most of the time when those guys lap someone they are gone by the next corner. Maybe KC accidentally found a faster way through that section. Someone that was there should know if anyone was doing the section differently or not.

There is a chance that it was honestly just a mistake.
Yamaboy
[color=blue]Yamaboy was dumb enough to believe you were smart enough to stop posting stupid shit on the internet. How is Larry Brooks colon these days. Any word from some solid inside sources?[/color]
Bauer
yzthumpa wrote:
So which is it? Did he make a mistake or did he get caught up in the moment?
He did both. What the hell, man? Getting caught up in the moment IS making a mistake! Want me to explain the birds and the bees to you next? Man, some people are ridiculous...
zjbell
4/30/2009 3:12pm
Yamaboy wrote:
[color=blue]Yamaboy was dumb enough to believe you were smart enough to stop posting stupid shit on the internet. How is Larry Brooks colon these days. Any...
[color=blue]Yamaboy was dumb enough to believe you were smart enough to stop posting stupid shit on the internet. How is Larry Brooks colon these days. Any word from some solid inside sources?[/color]
har
yzthumpa
4/30/2009 3:12pm Edited Date/Time 4/30/2009 3:14pm
That could obviously be taken two different ways. He could have made a mistake by overshooting something and coming in hot regardless of who was in front of him, or he could have got caught up in the moment and took matters into his own hands to help his teammate. Both mistakes, but very different scenarios. It wouldn't be the first time that's happened in the sport. Do I really have to explain that to you?
Clutchy
4/30/2009 3:18pm Edited Date/Time 4/16/2016 11:40pm
Bauer wrote:
LB returned my call on his way to Vegas. I'm writing this in response to those of you who actually are stupid enough to believe that...
LB returned my call on his way to Vegas. I'm writing this in response to those of you who actually are stupid enough to believe that Larry would be stupid enough to invite scrutiny from the FIM, AMA and the fans by suggesting to Kyle Chisholm that he should interfere with Reed in any way. It's a ridiculous notion and one that Brooks would not do.

When I asked him about it, he just said that Kyle made a mistake and got caught up in the moment. No big deal. He also said the last thing he would have wanted was for Kyle to hinder Reed, for the same reasons I just stated. James is the best rider in the world and in the points lead. No help needed.

Something all of you conspiracy theorists are forgetting is that to give an order like that would be cheating, and neither James, Larry, Mike Kraniak, or anyone else on the team are cheaters. Rules are rules, fools.

Larry hasn't won all those championships with all those different riders by being a dumbass, he's won because he's smart, experienced, and knows about the politics of the sport. He may not always say what you want to hear, including on these boards, but he gives it to you straight.
Hey Steve..Not everyone here thought conspiracy.. The politicaly correct release L&M put out just kinda sucked. my take was just man up to the bonehead move that one of they're riders pulled..Something I posted a few days back..
"It just makes the organization look stupid and is a really bad PR move. Man up and say Kyle did some stupid shit today, That affected another riders safety and the reputation of our team. That behavior is not acceptable and will not be tolerated on the San Manuel Team and that proper disciplinary actions are being taken and will not be disclosed. They would of come out with more respect and made more fans/customers...IMO"
txmxer
4/30/2009 3:21pm
jonjon714 wrote:
I'd like to know how many times KC used that sequence before that corner... Coming off that table fast enough to get over the single would...
I'd like to know how many times KC used that sequence before that corner... Coming off that table fast enough to get over the single would put you at a high rate of speed going into that corner. He may not have been prepared for that and it very well could have been just a mistake. Most of the time when those guys lap someone they are gone by the next corner. Maybe KC accidentally found a faster way through that section. Someone that was there should know if anyone was doing the section differently or not.

There is a chance that it was honestly just a mistake.
most of the riders were doing the on-off. I think James and Reed were the only ones launching over all that. Which was faster overall considering the exit speed they could carry into the next section.

But, it just watching this incident, it appears the time through that section was about the same. Could have been a good passing opportunity...if you were on the same lap as the other guy!
Tiki
Fantasy
1670th
4/30/2009 3:26pm
Yamaboy wrote:
[color=blue]Yamaboy was dumb enough to believe you were smart enough to stop posting stupid shit on the internet. How is Larry Brooks colon these days. Any...
Ice tea everywhere!
crowe176
4/30/2009 3:36pm Edited Date/Time 4/30/2009 3:37pm
I just spoke with bauers nurse. She said he's late for his enema and hasn't refilled his paxil.
race
4/30/2009 3:43pm
Well, so far the "insiders" have told us that team tactics do exist and do go on ... as well as that they don't exist and don't take place. I wish you guys would make up your minds.

Kinda doubt we're ever going to get the real truth from statements issued for public release though.

Anyway, what's done is done and it's on to Vegas.

jeffro756
4/30/2009 3:46pm
I bet if he did order it he would be lining up people to tell about it so they could post it. Come on, whether he did it or not, what he told you has no relevance on what actually happened. The only conversation that would give you any insight into the reality of it is the one that went on in the transporter between larry and Kyle. Other than those two parties (it is doubtful if he did do it he would even come clean with the stewarts) not one of us will ever know the truth.

Reed's comments make it sound like larry isn't above that, but it is doubtful that you can believe him int he heat of the moment as well.
Sondy132001
4/30/2009 3:50pm
jeffro756 wrote:
I bet if he did order it he would be lining up people to tell about it so they could post it. Come on, whether he...
I bet if he did order it he would be lining up people to tell about it so they could post it. Come on, whether he did it or not, what he told you has no relevance on what actually happened. The only conversation that would give you any insight into the reality of it is the one that went on in the transporter between larry and Kyle. Other than those two parties (it is doubtful if he did do it he would even come clean with the stewarts) not one of us will ever know the truth.

Reed's comments make it sound like larry isn't above that, but it is doubtful that you can believe him int he heat of the moment as well.
have you ever heard of disgruntled ex employee...come on.

S
bigcat
4/30/2009 3:54pm
Bauer wrote:
LB returned my call on his way to Vegas. I'm writing this in response to those of you who actually are stupid enough to believe that...

More of "The Spin Zone"Laughing
catatonic
4/30/2009 3:54pm
I dont think Brooks or anyone else would tell KC to do what he did.
Its only human nature that if 2 guys are coming through you might pull over a "little less" for the guy that isnt your teamate.
I dont know Larry Brooks personally but the Larry Brooks we get to see isnt that impressive....I also think the "he gives it to you straight" thing is overplayed too......He seems to give it to you more in a condescending "Im right......everyone else is wrong" way......with that said Im sure he's smart enough to not tell one of his riders to try and missile into another guy in the points battle.
GIwasB4
4/30/2009 4:05pm
Racetime will be along shortly to let you know Bauer is 1 of the octopussy tenicle's and when Bauer was photograghed mooning Hannah, he was really poisioning the well (well shitting in it)
mrquick
4/30/2009 4:05pm
How easy would it be to try and take Reed out then pass it off as a mistake?I can't buy KC getting caught up in the moment when he looked back and saw both riders coming up,then he let stewart by and then he pushed reed out of his line and when that didn't work...he torpedo'ed him in the apex of the corner.

I call BS on this one.
race
4/30/2009 4:15pm
GIwasB4 wrote:
Racetime will be along shortly to let you know Bauer is 1 of the octopussy tenicle's and when Bauer was photograghed mooning Hannah, he was really...
Racetime will be along shortly to let you know Bauer is 1 of the octopussy tenicle's and when Bauer was photograghed mooning Hannah, he was really poisioning the well (well shitting in it)
ad hom?

raddad
4/30/2009 4:17pm
mrquick wrote:
How easy would it be to try and take Reed out then pass it off as a mistake?I can't buy KC getting caught up in the...
How easy would it be to try and take Reed out then pass it off as a mistake?I can't buy KC getting caught up in the moment when he looked back and saw both riders coming up,then he let stewart by and then he pushed reed out of his line and when that didn't work...he torpedo'ed him in the apex of the corner.

I call BS on this one.
yep
gsxrcr28
Fantasy
2452nd
4/30/2009 4:31pm
mrquick wrote:
How easy would it be to try and take Reed out then pass it off as a mistake?I can't buy KC getting caught up in the...

I call BS on this one.
Torpedo'ed? I call BS on this one.
4/30/2009 4:38pm Edited Date/Time 4/16/2016 11:40pm
'nough said!...

In fact, Brooks had spoken of this very problem in a recent blog - henceforth to be known as "The Hypocritic Oath."

"The integrity of the races depends on the AMA trying to maintain some semblance of order. This is what we rely on the AMA for. It will be a sad day when some disgruntled lapped rider determines the outcome of a race that 45,000 people paid to watch. It is dangerous enough on the track for all the racers without having scofflaws trying to greedily take advantage of the blue flag." ----Larry Brooks

Sad day indeed Larry...
WORCSRacer
4/30/2009 4:39pm
catatonic wrote:
I dont think Brooks or anyone else would tell KC to do what he did. Its only human nature that if 2 guys are coming through...
I dont think Brooks or anyone else would tell KC to do what he did.
Its only human nature that if 2 guys are coming through you might pull over a "little less" for the guy that isnt your teamate.
I dont know Larry Brooks personally but the Larry Brooks we get to see isnt that impressive....I also think the "he gives it to you straight" thing is overplayed too......He seems to give it to you more in a condescending "Im right......everyone else is wrong" way......with that said Im sure he's smart enough to not tell one of his riders to try and missile into another guy in the points battle.
Brooks apparently didn't bother to say, "stay out of their way and let them race" either.

Whatever, I hope that Reed rides a good race in Vegas and successfully defends his title. I also would love to see somebody make the same type of mistake with Stewart. Now that would be a meltdown worth paying to see.
trick121
4/30/2009 4:39pm Edited Date/Time 4/16/2016 11:40pm
Championship equals a big L&M party

If I was Kyle I would have knocked Reed down then enjoyed the party.

Post a reply to: I just spoke with Larry Brooks

The Latest