I hate to tell you all this, but.........

P
Edited Date/Time 1/27/2012 1:44pm
The excitement in the 450 class went out the window when James decided not to ride the last 3 rounds. Face it, RD will more than likely gap the field in at least one moto per round and when he doesn't get good starts he's not that exciting to watch come through the pack. Dungey is really putting it down, but he's almost so consistant and polished that he's boring to watch ride. I know, it's crazy, but it's true.

Haters have fun, but the races are a lot less fun to watch without James out there. That's just MHO.

P
|
TbonesPop
Fantasy
405th
8/25/2010 9:26pm
P wrote:
The excitement in the 450 class went out the window when James decided not to ride the last 3 rounds. Face it, RD will more than...
The excitement in the 450 class went out the window when James decided not to ride the last 3 rounds. Face it, RD will more than likely gap the field in at least one moto per round and when he doesn't get good starts he's not that exciting to watch come through the pack. Dungey is really putting it down, but he's almost so consistant and polished that he's boring to watch ride. I know, it's crazy, but it's true.

Haters have fun, but the races are a lot less fun to watch without James out there. That's just MHO.

P
If I want drama, I'll turn on a soap opera. Bubbles needs to get back to what made him - racing.

And to hard core Moto enthusiasts, there's always plenty of exciting racing going on during the race. It might not be between the leader and the person in second, but that doesn't mean that there isn't some fun/exciting racing to watch. Just like in football, there's a lot more going on with the people who don't have the ball in their hands.

Bubbles and LB have brought a circus to the sport. And to me, racing that doesn't involve a circus/soap opera is more exciting to watch than a what you refer to as "excitement".

Bubbles, shut up and race. OR just shut up.
EmDub425
8/25/2010 9:32pm
P wrote:
The excitement in the 450 class went out the window when James decided not to ride the last 3 rounds. Face it, RD will more than...

P
just like it was boring as shit when JS went 24-0 and RC did it twice. Domination sucks. But i'd be willing to bet you thought the races were exciting as shit when stewart was stompin everyone's ass.

DrSweden
8/25/2010 9:35pm
You need some more Euros coming over. There are actually 5 of them with even better results than DeSalle... Wink
adamdf
8/25/2010 9:42pm
I agree the racing is less exciting with James not there......kinda funny though that back in 07 when he was out of the championship outdoors, everyone thought it made things more exciting, now its the opposite again.....and yes Dungey does not ride with quite as much flair, he just seems to get the job done and thats it..but kudos to him for it.

The Shop

BobbyM
8/25/2010 9:43pm
P wrote:

P
thank you captain obvious....brilliant
nc97
8/25/2010 9:46pm
Damn I was wanting to see Stewart And Alessi battle over 10thShocked
Spinner
8/25/2010 9:54pm
Jason Lawrence has rode more this summer than James.
aminkman
8/25/2010 9:57pm
I get what your saying but it wasn't that exciting at Milville with him there.
RaceFace
8/25/2010 10:02pm
The only excitement James brought to Unadilla was anticipation. The race action with him was nothing new from the rest of 2010....another Dungey romp. For excitement we looked to DeSalle moto 2. He might have brought some exciting racing in later rounds (with a poor Dungey start?) but we'll never know because he will be home pouting. Poor Paggio is earning his paychecks the past week and a half.
jaeckle
8/25/2010 10:09pm
JS coming back as the EX "fastest man on the planet" was fun. He proved his worth. We move on without him from here.
FARANG
8/25/2010 10:27pm
Depends on whether you love the sport or love James Stewart.

I thought the battle between Dungey and Desalle was superb. Stewart's effort was certainly amusing, but not really exciting.
neverwas
Fantasy
784th
8/25/2010 10:45pm
So it's better if Stewart runs away with a win than Dungey?
Old Mate
8/25/2010 10:49pm
FARANG wrote:
Depends on whether you love the sport or love James Stewart. I thought the battle between Dungey and Desalle was superb. Stewart's effort was certainly amusing...
Depends on whether you love the sport or love James Stewart.

I thought the battle between Dungey and Desalle was superb. Stewart's effort was certainly amusing, but not really exciting.
I found Stewarts and Desalles battle in race 1 exciting and Dungey and Desalle in race 2 exciting and whenever Grant puts it together it is also very exciting.
DanDunes818
8/25/2010 11:30pm
P wrote:

P
I think JS haters and fans would all agree with that statement. Love the guy or hate the guy there's a huge amount of excitement that comes with him when he's at the races. I've been anticipating Southwick like it was round one of the series. With James racing these last rounds it brought a whole brand new sense of the unknown to a already locked up series. Too bad that's gone now.

Hopefully Tray can sweep two motos at Southwick or at least beat CP in both motos so we'll have a battle down to moto 2 at pala in the 250 class. CP was absolutely horrible there last year (even if he didn't dnf) and I hate to say I'm hoping for more of the same this year. I've actually come around allot as far as liking CP this year but the bottom line is I want an American to win the series. If Tray can mount a come back and win this title it may actually be the feel good story of the decade.
FlaNard
8/26/2010 1:46am
P wrote:

P
James being the wild card always makes it fun. He is also one of the best sand riders the US has produced in years. So you have it right when you say the excitement level goes down without him there.
D_L118
8/26/2010 2:53am
DrSweden wrote:
You need some more Euros coming over. There are actually 5 of them with even better results than DeSalle... Wink
Desalle is 2nd in the point stadings, he even missed one round...At the moment Desalle is the 2nd fastest man in the gp series.
P
8/26/2010 3:31am
P wrote:

P
BobbyM wrote:
thank you captain obvious....brilliant
Wink

P
bg22
Fantasy
3048th
8/26/2010 3:34am
JS7 scared of the Euro's I heard.
GIwasB4
8/26/2010 5:16am
Has anyone checked in on Big Lenny or MX7MX? I'd just hate to see either of them on the 6 o'clock news as the latest jumper due to the MX world crashing in. Nevermind, there are'nt any tall buildings in Compton.
mccread
8/26/2010 5:18am
DrSweden wrote:
D_L118 wrote:
Desalle is 2nd in the point stadings, he even missed one round...At the moment Desalle is the 2nd fastest man in the gp series.
Nagl might have had something to say about that if he hadn't broken his collarbone...
mccread
8/26/2010 5:19am
bg22 wrote:
JS7 scared of the Euro's I heard.
That's why he will never race GPs.
CR250Rider
8/26/2010 5:27am
why start a whole new thread over this?

redundant
GuyB
Fantasy
988th
8/26/2010 5:46am
P wrote:

P
P, what's more boring to watch? A guy who's polished and consistent? Or a guy who's not racing at all?
flarider
8/26/2010 5:51am
CR250Rider wrote:

redundant
Same reason 5 or 6 other threads were started to shit on James?
CR250Rider
8/26/2010 5:53am
CR250Rider wrote:

redundant
flarider wrote:
someone said the over/under was 27, right?

i took the over Wink
GuyB
Fantasy
988th
8/26/2010 6:13am
CR250Rider wrote:

redundant
flarider wrote:
CR250Rider wrote:

i took the over Wink
Now that I know, I I'll take the under. And I have the tools to make that happen.
jndmx
8/26/2010 6:48am Edited Date/Time 8/26/2010 6:50am
flarider wrote:
CR250Rider wrote:

i took the over Wink
GuyB wrote:
Now that I know, I I'll take the under. And I have the tools to make that happen.
That was me who set the over/under at 27

I thought you were going to be more diligent Steve that is why I said 27......
I woulda cut you in on the profits boss.
Laughing

Post a reply to: I hate to tell you all this, but.........

The Latest