I guess we'll find out who's in the booth for SX this Saturday

flatout111
12/31/2018 1:34am
C'mon guys, let's give it a shot. RC has knowledge. Maybe not strong at delivering the knowledge but the producers HAVE to just make them call a serious race call then it will be a step up.

I've said all along. Ralph is fine. Fro is fine. Heck RC, with work, will be fine.

It's the people calling the shots in production and dumbing it down that need to be criticized. Fix that and you'll make things much better, regardless of who's in the booth.

Good luck, RC. Do your homework and bring it!
Helda
12/31/2018 2:09am
For me who took the bait of a 9 pager, con someone tell me who's in the both hahahahaha
GODZILLA
12/31/2018 4:35am
Are you kidding? What TV/commentating resume does Ricky have besides his poor SX commentating? You must have missed Jenny Taft at some kind of major college...
Are you kidding? What TV/commentating resume does Ricky have besides his poor SX commentating?

You must have missed Jenny Taft at some kind of major college football game every weekend, then on skip and Shannon’s show(can’t remember the name). She literally isn’t coming back to SX because she is too good for it. Besides her looks (cuz those don’t matter, right?) she is an awesome reporter. She knew nothing about SX when she came in and during her last season she was great. You could tell she genuinely cared about her performance and took a real interest in the sport.

Besides all that good stuff, she’s a smoke show.

So go ahead, tell me what’s on Ricky’s resume that correlates to his commentating skills. Just cause he can ride a dirt bike doesn’t mean he can cover and announce a race.
Taft's work was way above average, lightyears ahead of Christien.
It was only a matter of time before she was gone.

The Shop

FLmxer
Fantasy
898th
12/31/2018 7:36am
Taft was the best outsider we ever had bar none.
RC is my all time hero of this sport. Baddest mfer to race a motorcycle.
I like Jeff except every week my wife and I would jokingly bet if he was going to use the word "came" incorrectly. We wanted him to drop that word from his vocabulary because he misused it weekly.
Now if RC never says "why for", we might be ok. Lol
It will be fine.
motomike137
12/31/2018 7:50am
FLmxer wrote:
Taft was the best outsider we ever had bar none. RC is my all time hero of this sport. Baddest mfer to race a motorcycle. I...
I like Jeff except every week my wife and I would jokingly bet if he was going to use the word "came" incorrectly. We wanted him to drop that word from his vocabulary because he misused it weekly.
It will be fine.
Jenny is on the same path as Jamie Little and how could you blame her. She was awesome to have around for a couple of years and added a real touch of class to the broadcast. As for Jeff and Ricky I just laugh when they say something goofy. Jeff is pretty articulate and when you look at how much education these guys really have you just have to take it with a grain of salt.
kb228
12/31/2018 8:22am
Im not gonna knock it before i try it.. i wasnt all that thrilled with rc’s trackside reporting, but i like how much he talks shit on everyone. Maybe the comedy factor will be worth it
RichieW13
Fantasy
2913th
12/31/2018 8:36am
FLmxer wrote:
Taft was the best outsider we ever had bar none. RC is my all time hero of this sport. Baddest mfer to race a motorcycle. I...
It will be fine.
The good news is, you and your wife will have a lot more words to bet on whether RC gets them wrong.
731chopper
Fantasy
442nd
12/31/2018 8:37am
I may be in the minority on Vital but I’m actually excited to have Ricky in the booth. He was always the third wheel when in the booth before which is different than being the main color guy so I think some of you guys need to give him a chance. He’s the greatest this sport has ever seen, second greatest indoors, and he seems very open to discussing not only his accomplishments but also his failures (like his misguided bike setup decisions and lack of technique in the whoops).

I’m a fan because his credentials are there and he seems to be willing to try to improve even if some of the talking moto heads don’t like the guy.
snackfedbear
12/31/2018 8:53am
Fro and RC woulda been the best. the shit talking would have been on point
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
767th
12/31/2018 8:55am
I can't wait to see what RC can do in the booth. Emig had way more to overcome and he did just fine. RC can be great with his knowledge and experience racing. Hope he keeps up the shit talking while he's in the booth!
VoR
12/31/2018 9:18am

yeah it's just going to take work by RC to nail it. Emig couldn't put more than 3 words together without linking with 'ya know' and he was able to get past that after a season or two. Just wish they would go with someone in the industry that this stuff comes to more naturally.
Trav138
12/31/2018 9:41am
Probably just me but i think its shitty Fro is out and Ralph stays. I woulda replaced both if a move needed to be made.
RichieW13
Fantasy
2913th
12/31/2018 9:41am
VoR wrote:
yeah it's just going to take work by RC to nail it. Emig couldn't put more than 3 words together without linking with 'ya know' and...

yeah it's just going to take work by RC to nail it. Emig couldn't put more than 3 words together without linking with 'ya know' and he was able to get past that after a season or two. Just wish they would go with someone in the industry that this stuff comes to more naturally.
I know it's easier for somebody to look good in limited duties, but 3 guys who I have heard in spot duty recently that have done a good job are:

Mike Alessi, Ken Roczen and Adam Cianciarulo.

Of course, Roczen and Adam will be too busy to work the booth.
FlaNard
12/31/2018 9:55am
I for one am looking forward to listening to drinking every time I hear RC say "I seen" in the booth. Oh well. The man knows his shit. Nobody can deny that. He's coming in and taking it serious. Hopefully he gets there. I enjoyed Fro and wish him the best.
mooch
Fantasy
501st
12/31/2018 10:02am
What a bunch'o whiners...I for one am looking forward to changing things up and RC getting into the mix. Personally, I've not had an issue with RCs commentating, no doubt he know's something about dirtbike racin.
RichieW13
Fantasy
2913th
12/31/2018 10:02am
FlaNard wrote:
I for one am looking forward to listening to drinking every time I hear RC say "I seen" in the booth. Oh well. The man knows...
I for one am looking forward to listening to drinking every time I hear RC say "I seen" in the booth. Oh well. The man knows his shit. Nobody can deny that. He's coming in and taking it serious. Hopefully he gets there. I enjoyed Fro and wish him the best.
"Knowing his shit" is one thing. Being able to communicate it effectively is another. I saw no indication of that ability when he was a trackside reporter. But then he treated that as a part time job.

So hopefully he will work harder as a booth commentator.
ktmwoods
12/31/2018 11:54am
Dudes, RC is garbage in the booth. We lost Jenny Taft, now we get stuck with RC in the booth?? Not the end of the world...
Dudes, RC is garbage in the booth. We lost Jenny Taft, now we get stuck with RC in the booth?? Not the end of the world but certainly a bummer. I really enjoy GL and weege. Hopefully this only is for the 2019 season and not long term.
mxb2 wrote:
Rc has a resume, what does jenny have? , That any other announcer doesnt.
Are you kidding? What TV/commentating resume does Ricky have besides his poor SX commentating? You must have missed Jenny Taft at some kind of major college...
Are you kidding? What TV/commentating resume does Ricky have besides his poor SX commentating?

You must have missed Jenny Taft at some kind of major college football game every weekend, then on skip and Shannon’s show(can’t remember the name). She literally isn’t coming back to SX because she is too good for it. Besides her looks (cuz those don’t matter, right?) she is an awesome reporter. She knew nothing about SX when she came in and during her last season she was great. You could tell she genuinely cared about her performance and took a real interest in the sport.

So go ahead, tell me what’s on Ricky’s resume that correlates to his commentating skills. Just cause he can ride a dirt bike doesn’t mean he can cover and announce a race.
Country Grammar with RC really classes up the broadcast. “I seen them” for days.
GuyB
Fantasy
988th
1/1/2019 9:23am
Let’s give it a chance maybe? Or are the pitchforks lit already? You guys need to get laid
Pitchforks lit?
Tarz483
Fantasy
583rd
1/1/2019 10:43am
mxb2 wrote:
Rc has a resume, what does jenny have? , That any other announcer doesnt.

ktmwoods wrote:
Country Grammar with RC really classes up the broadcast. “I seen them” for days.
A little country grammer never seemed to hurt nascar.
If RC wants to be good at something i wouldn't bet against him personally, so imo it depends if he is putting in the effort and really wants to be good at it.
1/1/2019 11:52am
Ralph and RC, this is a solid team guys ! Stop bashing these guys ! We will see how it goes but RC is a furious worker when it comes to engagements and i love Ralph excitement !

Ralph and Weegee would have been my shot but RC is gonna kill it because he will want to be the best at it.
Johnny Ringo
1/1/2019 12:15pm
Let’s give it a chance maybe? Or are the pitchforks lit already? You guys need to get laid
GuyB wrote:
Pitchforks lit?
Lighted?
milliebays
1/1/2019 12:25pm
Ralph and RC, this is a solid team guys ! Stop bashing these guys ! We will see how it goes but RC is a furious...
Ralph and RC, this is a solid team guys ! Stop bashing these guys ! We will see how it goes but RC is a furious worker when it comes to engagements and i love Ralph excitement !

Ralph and Weegee would have been my shot but RC is gonna kill it because he will want to be the best at it.
Never. Rc is an ego maniac. At least fro was positive and used words other than "I" occasionally
TymeMoto
1/1/2019 2:08pm
Should have been Alessi instead of Wil
GuyB
Fantasy
988th
1/1/2019 2:11pm
Lighted?
I’ve seen torches lit before. Pitchforks not so much.
TymeMoto
1/1/2019 2:17pm
Should have been Alessi instead of Wil

Post a reply to: I guess we'll find out who's in the booth for SX this Saturday

The Latest