I guess we'll find out who's in the booth for SX this Saturday

12/30/2018 4:13pm Edited Date/Time 12/30/2018 4:13pm
Dudes, RC is garbage in the booth. We lost Jenny Taft, now we get stuck with RC in the booth?? Not the end of the world but certainly a bummer. I really enjoy GL and weege. Hopefully this only is for the 2019 season and not long term.
Knobbyjake
12/30/2018 4:27pm
I definitely wish they would have dumped Shaheen instead of Emig. To me he's the fingernails on the chalkboard. Angry
ob
12/30/2018 5:07pm
Not sure if I’ll be able to handle RCs hillbilly shit all season. Super professional, at least he has a stellar wardrobe.

The Shop

mxb2
12/30/2018 5:10pm
Dudes, RC is garbage in the booth. We lost Jenny Taft, now we get stuck with RC in the booth?? Not the end of the world...
Dudes, RC is garbage in the booth. We lost Jenny Taft, now we get stuck with RC in the booth?? Not the end of the world but certainly a bummer. I really enjoy GL and weege. Hopefully this only is for the 2019 season and not long term.
Rc has a resume, what does jenny have? , That any other announcer doesnt.
Harv379
Fantasy
1988th
12/30/2018 5:12pm
I personally liked RC about 80% of the time he was 'broadcasting'. I'm excited for a change. Emig some races was completely awful, and then some races he was really good. He was hit or miss. And then more than not, key points of the races or things that would happen he wouldn't even notice, and they'd replay it and he wouldn't have any idea what he was looking at. I think RC has the consistency, I don't think he will be great all of the time but he does have some great insight and has a way of explaining things that can be quite captivating. Ralph, meh - he's just more of Mr. Announcer with that ExCIting VOice thAt GOes UP and DoWn.. Blair, meh. His podcast is so boring compared to Pulp. But then again, no one is perfect, and they all do a way better job then I or anyone posting in could. They could have picked the best qualified candidate and everyone would still bitch about it. We live in a world of, "you'll be damned if you do, and you'll be damned if you don't."
RacerX8
12/30/2018 5:36pm
I'm on the outside with RC, I like him. He's rough around the edges, totally unpolished and raw, that's why I like him though. This isn't F1, it's dirt scooter's, let the GOAT colour up the broadcast I say. I'd like to hear him go off without the guidelines of the producer, forcing him to cater to the uneducated fan.
Forty
12/30/2018 5:37pm
Did Emig get the hook? Or did he step away for another opportunity? Seems strange that he would just leave. I didn't read the previous 7 pages so if it's been answered my apologies.

RC will need some polishing and his ego will need to be left at the door. He knows racing however this is not an easy job, those that make it look easy are very good at it.
MW19
12/30/2018 5:46pm
Honestly, is there anyone out there where people on this forum wouldn’t create 5 new threads each week about how we need to “get rid of” that someone in the booth?
12/30/2018 5:47pm
mxb2 wrote:
Very rare scenario here but I have to believe that if someone who knew nothing about either of them watched the broadcast they would probably come away thinking Jenny knew more about the sport than RC. A resume doesn't equal a good commentator.

To be fair to Ricky though for the most part doing TV has been a side gig for him that he did every once and awhile, now that he is expected to be there every weekend to call the race surely he will improve.
USA
Fantasy
428th
12/30/2018 6:01pm
Ricky IMO does the color analysis really well. The only announcer at times that calls a pass before I see it that actually happens.

Interested to see how he does full time, if it’s for all 17 rounds. I wonder if Matthes knows if they are still going to rotate that role between a couple guys?
mxb2
12/30/2018 6:07pm
mxb2 wrote:
Very rare scenario here but I have to believe that if someone who knew nothing about either of them watched the broadcast they would probably come...
Very rare scenario here but I have to believe that if someone who knew nothing about either of them watched the broadcast they would probably come away thinking Jenny knew more about the sport than RC. A resume doesn't equal a good commentator.

To be fair to Ricky though for the most part doing TV has been a side gig for him that he did every once and awhile, now that he is expected to be there every weekend to call the race surely he will improve.
Hire 2 bimbo strippers , work free. Put volume on mute then. I watch this stuff for the races. Good looking chicks on tv are a dime a dozen. If your watching for girls, go online,get your thrills. Or maybe go to a singles bar.
12/30/2018 6:13pm
Dudes, RC is garbage in the booth. We lost Jenny Taft, now we get stuck with RC in the booth?? Not the end of the world...
mxb2 wrote:
Are you kidding? What TV/commentating resume does Ricky have besides his poor SX commentating?

You must have missed Jenny Taft at some kind of major college football game every weekend, then on skip and Shannon’s show(can’t remember the name). She literally isn’t coming back to SX because she is too good for it. Besides her looks (cuz those don’t matter, right?) she is an awesome reporter. She knew nothing about SX when she came in and during her last season she was great. You could tell she genuinely cared about her performance and took a real interest in the sport.

Besides all that good stuff, she’s a smoke show.

So go ahead, tell me what’s on Ricky’s resume that correlates to his commentating skills. Just cause he can ride a dirt bike doesn’t mean he can cover and announce a race.
Texas Built
12/30/2018 6:17pm
Harv379 wrote:
I personally liked RC about 80% of the time he was 'broadcasting'. I'm excited for a change. Emig some races was completely awful, and then some...
I personally liked RC about 80% of the time he was 'broadcasting'. I'm excited for a change. Emig some races was completely awful, and then some races he was really good. He was hit or miss. And then more than not, key points of the races or things that would happen he wouldn't even notice, and they'd replay it and he wouldn't have any idea what he was looking at. I think RC has the consistency, I don't think he will be great all of the time but he does have some great insight and has a way of explaining things that can be quite captivating. Ralph, meh - he's just more of Mr. Announcer with that ExCIting VOice thAt GOes UP and DoWn.. Blair, meh. His podcast is so boring compared to Pulp. But then again, no one is perfect, and they all do a way better job then I or anyone posting in could. They could have picked the best qualified candidate and everyone would still bitch about it. We live in a world of, "you'll be damned if you do, and you'll be damned if you don't."

You are going to tell us with a straight face that Jeff Emig has no idea what's happening on a track? LOL......
Snoqualmie
12/30/2018 6:25pm
ob wrote:
Not sure if I’ll be able to handle RCs hillbilly shit all season. Super professional, at least he has a stellar wardrobe.
Perhaps Zippee the Zipper jacket returns? One can hope...
mxb2
12/30/2018 6:29pm
mxb2 wrote:
Are you kidding? What TV/commentating resume does Ricky have besides his poor SX commentating? You must have missed Jenny Taft at some kind of major college...
Are you kidding? What TV/commentating resume does Ricky have besides his poor SX commentating?

You must have missed Jenny Taft at some kind of major college football game every weekend, then on skip and Shannon’s show(can’t remember the name). She literally isn’t coming back to SX because she is too good for it. Besides her looks (cuz those don’t matter, right?) she is an awesome reporter. She knew nothing about SX when she came in and during her last season she was great. You could tell she genuinely cared about her performance and took a real interest in the sport.

So go ahead, tell me what’s on Ricky’s resume that correlates to his commentating skills. Just cause he can ride a dirt bike doesn’t mean he can cover and announce a race.
If she didnt have the looks, she wdnt be on tv period. You can hire any decent looking chick and they can read off a screen. I wanna hear from riders who have been there and done that. Just my opinion. I dont watch sports for good looking women. Plenty of other options,sexier, less clothing.
zehn
12/30/2018 6:45pm
mxb2 wrote:
Are you kidding? What TV/commentating resume does Ricky have besides his poor SX commentating? You must have missed Jenny Taft at some kind of major college...

mxb2 wrote:
If she didnt have the looks, she wdnt be on tv period. You can hire any decent looking chick and they can read off a screen...
If she didnt have the looks, she wdnt be on tv period. You can hire any decent looking chick and they can read off a screen. I wanna hear from riders who have been there and done that. Just my opinion. I dont watch sports for good looking women. Plenty of other options,sexier, less clothing.
Jesus Christ you are dumb.

Hur dur she’s only there because she’s an attractive woman

Everybody but you agrees she is/was awesome. Pretty obvious who is wrong here.
mxb2
12/30/2018 7:05pm

mxb2 wrote:
If she didnt have the looks, she wdnt be on tv period. You can hire any decent looking chick and they can read off a screen...
zehn wrote:
Jesus Christ you are dumb. Hur dur she’s only there because she’s an attractive woman Everybody but you agrees she is/was awesome. Pretty obvious who is...

Ok man lol. She isnt there , she doesnt like the sport as much as you think she does. She follows the money, and her looks get her gigs . Simple. And your dumb for watching sports because of a good looking woman. See how i càn play the immature name game. Get out to a bar, chicks looking like her are a dime a dozen.
12/30/2018 7:11pm
I don’t see any guys that know nothing about SX doing any reporting so mxb2 has a point. I don’t think he meant it as a derogatory remark.
Premix
12/30/2018 7:15pm
mxb2 wrote:
zehn wrote:
Jesus Christ you are dumb. Hur dur she’s only there because she’s an attractive woman Everybody but you agrees she is/was awesome. Pretty obvious who is...

mxb2 wrote:
Ok man lol. She isnt there , she doesnt like the sport as much as you think she does. She follows the money, and her looks...
Ok man lol. She isnt there , she doesnt like the sport as much as you think she does. She follows the money, and her looks get her gigs . Simple. And your dumb for watching sports because of a good looking woman. See how i càn play the immature name game. Get out to a bar, chicks looking like her are a dime a dozen.
Ain’t no chicks look like Jenny Taft in PA bro. Like maybe a Jenny Taft look alike if you had 14 Busch lights, have glaucoma, are in a poorly lit bar, and don’t mind a bit of meth mouth, then yea, Jenny Taft look alikes all over PA.
12/30/2018 7:20pm
mxb2 wrote:

StevieTimes
12/30/2018 7:25pm
I enjoyed listening to Mr. Emig, it seemed like he really put in the work.

I'd love David Bailey to guest in the booth.
StevieTimes
12/30/2018 7:30pm
mxb2 wrote:

It seems like they like to have a supercross champion in the booth:

David Bailey
Jeff Emig
now Ricky Carmichael

They probably bring some cred. If they said StevieTimes was in the booth, everybody would know they were faster, and no effs would be given.
mxb2
12/30/2018 7:32pm
zehn wrote:

mxb2 wrote:
Ok man lol. She isnt there , she doesnt like the sport as much as you think she does. She follows the money, and her looks...
Premix wrote:
Ain’t no chicks look like Jenny Taft in PA bro. Like maybe a Jenny Taft look alike if you had 14 Busch lights, have glaucoma, are...
Ain’t no chicks look like Jenny Taft in PA bro. Like maybe a Jenny Taft look alike if you had 14 Busch lights, have glaucoma, are in a poorly lit bar, and don’t mind a bit of meth mouth, then yea, Jenny Taft look alikes all over PA.
Pittsburgh, baltimore dc ,virginia area, annapolis. Trust me.
12/30/2018 7:36pm
Premix wrote:
Ain’t no chicks look like Jenny Taft in PA bro. Like maybe a Jenny Taft look alike if you had 14 Busch lights, have glaucoma, are...
There's hot girls everywhere, but if you're old or ugly you probably don't see them that often. Silly
Zacka 161
Fantasy
2033rd
12/30/2018 7:38pm
Lets hope that now theres no RC team connection he can be a bit more free to say what he thinks...

Or will he just spend the whole time hyping up suzuki riders and talking about the problems of every other rider.

There were so many more better options for commentating, but to get the normal crowd in who is available and interested that has anywhere near the name of RC? Mcgrath? Has he done any commentating? Dungey? he seem happy to chill out. JS is MIA. RV would not want to be tied down to week in week out... ditto KW.

What other rider beside RC and would be interested and isnt racing would have pull with a general audience?
Johnny Ringo
12/30/2018 7:54pm
Let’s give it a chance maybe? Or are the pitchforks lit already? You guys need to get laid
12/30/2018 8:15pm
It’s pretty clear to me it’s just a marketing move. Any random friend I ask that doesn’t watch moto will mention Carmichael if they happen to know any riders at all. Obviously trying to establish familiarity with the non regular viewer (who believe me has never heard the name Emig in their life).

Thanks Jeff for the years of calls tho!
KurtJ99
Fantasy
671st
12/30/2018 8:39pm
I would rather have had Fro solo like Malin to “sink or swim”. Except for a booming voice I don’t think RaIph adds much. I believe Malin is solo most of the time on GPs and does a great job. Perhaps two in the both looks better but it seems to be a handicap.

Post a reply to: I guess we'll find out who's in the booth for SX this Saturday

The Latest