I guess Honda finally made the call huh?

Beeby
Or did I miss the Roczen thread lurking down the pages?

Oh wait it got moved to the dumbgeon.

Honestly I get it that things need to be moderated. What I don't get is deleting people's comments without even telling them why.

Ah well, we live and learn
|
Beeby
7/13/2017 8:53pm
I wish I understood the criteria. I mean, the JS7 threads get to stay but a non retired rider chooses to have some fun and the thread about it goes to where threads go to die
APLMAN99
7/13/2017 8:55pm
Beeby wrote:
Or did I miss the Roczen thread lurking down the pages? Oh wait it got moved to the dumbgeon. Honestly I get it that things need...

Honestly I get it that things need to be moderated. What I don't get is deleting people's comments without even telling them why.

If your post includes a quote of someone else and theirs gets axed, the reply with the (now) deleted quote also disappears........

Could be something like that.
Beeby
7/13/2017 8:58pm
Thanks, it didn't include a quote but good to know for future reference

The Shop

jeffro503
7/13/2017 9:42pm
Well don't worry about it to much guys. I already got blamed for the whole thing. So what else is new.
Lucifa.
7/13/2017 10:22pm
jeffro503 wrote:
Well don't worry about it to much guys. I already got blamed for the whole thing. So what else is new.
Jeffro is right. It's a message board on the freaking internet. I'm sure you all have more to worry about in your lives than a post being pulled or moved.
Typo
7/13/2017 11:20pm
jeffro503 wrote:
too *
OW38B
Fantasy
181st
7/13/2017 11:28pm
I saw absolutely nothing wrong with that video,

Ken is from Germany and by extension Europe, they are cavalier at that type of thing, the US types not as much and the Japanese corporate types not much at all.Sad but true.
kkawboy14
7/14/2017 1:47am Edited Date/Time 7/14/2017 1:48am
Beeby wrote:
I wish I understood the criteria. I mean, the JS7 threads get to stay but a non retired rider chooses to have some fun and the...
I wish I understood the criteria. I mean, the JS7 threads get to stay but a non retired rider chooses to have some fun and the thread about it goes to where threads go to die
Honda has the red phone and Nuclear Codes?
Turbojez
7/14/2017 1:54am
jeffro503 wrote:
At least you didn't get benched this time! Wink
I don't get the reasoning behind deleting threads like that one.
Thing is on youtube, you can find it easily anyway, why pretend it doesn't exist?
And kenny wasn't doing anything out of line in that video, what's all the fuss about? Did somebody find it offensive? lol
kiwifan
7/14/2017 2:24am
Beeby wrote:
Or did I miss the Roczen thread lurking down the pages? Oh wait it got moved to the dumbgeon. Honestly I get it that things need...

why on earth do you think Honda made the 'call'????....cant you accept the fact that moderators moderate?
HenryA
7/14/2017 3:39am Edited Date/Time 7/14/2017 3:39am
Beeby wrote:

kiwifan wrote:
why on earth do you think Honda made the 'call'????....cant you accept the fact that moderators moderate?
Remember the Honda related thread that vanished after Cole Seelys agent made the call? That's probably why.
GuyB
Fantasy
988th
7/14/2017 4:36am Edited Date/Time 7/14/2017 4:38am
Beeby wrote:

Man, whiney much?
Honda made no call on this. (Speculation fail.) It's still in the Dumbgeon.

I don't remember your specific comment. I do remember clipping one that included some speculation on what Ken's fiance said about it, which I thought was a step too far. Maybe that was it?

As far as the rest of the thread, I now know a little too much about the sexuality of some member's wives (none of our business), and it was devolving into a schoolyard fight.

Any other questions about why it got moved?

As far as Stewart threads, should I go and trim some of those? Apparently you guys can't get enough of them, or refrain from posting in them to let them die. That's self-inflicted.
kiwifan
7/14/2017 5:14am
Beeby wrote:

kiwifan wrote:
HenryA wrote:
Remember the Honda related thread that vanished after Cole Seelys agent made the call? That's probably why.
No I dont, but I dont think thats why
Beeby
7/14/2017 7:41am
Beeby wrote:

GuyB wrote:
Man, whiney much? Honda made no call on this. (Speculation fail.) It's still in the Dumbgeon. I don't remember your specific comment. I do remember clipping...
Man, whiney much?

I don't remember your specific comment. I do remember clipping one that included some speculation on what Ken's fiance said about it, which I thought was a step too far. Maybe that was it?

As far as the rest of the thread, I now know a little too much about the sexuality of some member's wives (none of our business), and it was devolving into a schoolyard fight.

As far as Stewart threads, should I go and trim some of those? Apparently you guys can't get enough of them, or refrain from posting in them to let them die. That's self-inflicted.
Just to be clear, the Honda thing was a joke. I didn't think the Honda Motor Corporation cares enough about what us fools post on a motocross forum.

My comment said something along the lines of "I am surprised the focus is on the signing, rather than the comment he made to the guy about the girl". I didn't think there was anything wrong with that and still don't, or I wouldn't be typing it again. Not at least compared to some of the other stuff posted.

I felt like the video was good (forget the KR stuff for a second) It gave a feel for the true Red Bud event.I guess I didn't know it was moved because of what the conversation around it descended into. I don't have an issue with the video being moved, I guess just the apparent censorship of peoples comments bugs me a touch. (in light that I don't see what I did wrong in mine). I'm not a repeat offender for posting dumb stuff, so I guess my feedback would be, if you are going to remove comments, perhaps replace them with something giving some indication of why, or fools like me will never learn!
milliebays
7/14/2017 9:26am
"Because it's a great big white world
And we are drained of our colors
We used to love ourselves,
We used to love one another

In a world so white what else could I say?"

--Marilyn Manson

BobPA
7/14/2017 1:11pm
GuyB wrote:
Man, whiney much? Honda made no call on this. (Speculation fail.) It's still in the Dumbgeon. I don't remember your specific comment. I do remember clipping...
Man, whiney much?

What do you mean "you guys"...
peelout
7/14/2017 2:50pm
Beeby wrote:
Thanks, it didn't include a quote but good to know for future reference
they probably thought your comment was shit
7/14/2017 3:28pm Edited Date/Time 7/14/2017 3:28pm
Does anyone know how far Roczen flew through the air before he lawn darted into the face of the roller? That triple had to be 50+ feet right? In what other sport do you have athletes flying 50ft through the air and face planting into hard packed dirt?

Human cannon ball who misses the net?
kkawboy14
7/14/2017 4:37pm
Does anyone know how far Roczen flew through the air before he lawn darted into the face of the roller? That triple had to be 50+...
Does anyone know how far Roczen flew through the air before he lawn darted into the face of the roller? That triple had to be 50+ feet right? In what other sport do you have athletes flying 50ft through the air and face planting into hard packed dirt?

Pro football receivers running wide open into a Pro football linebacker?
langhammx
Fantasy
455th
7/14/2017 4:56pm Edited Date/Time 7/14/2017 4:57pm
Does anyone know how far Roczen flew through the air before he lawn darted into the face of the roller? That triple had to be 50+...

kkawboy14 wrote:
Not quite the same and they have completely different safety protection gear. Cool

I'm not taking nothing away from the ball players, but they are at least a little more prepared for impact
APLMAN99
7/14/2017 5:35pm

kkawboy14 wrote:
langhammx wrote:
Not quite the same and they have completely different safety protection gear. B) I'm not taking nothing away from the ball players, but they are at...
Not quite the same and they have completely different safety protection gear. Cool

I'm not taking nothing away from the ball players, but they are at least a little more prepared for impact
That "safety gear" works both ways, it also becomes a harsh weapon on a defender.......

Post a reply to: I guess Honda finally made the call huh?

The Latest