I gots some questions. And I want some answers, dammit.

Rupert X
8/16/2019 4:58am Edited Date/Time 8/17/2019 7:54am
1. Whatever the hell happened to this new Suzuki RM125 in a 250 chassis ? 2. Speaking of transparency, WHO actually picks our MXDN team ? Gimme a name, not “the AMA”. 3. Should the AMA fine Kawasaki $500,000 for not supporting the MXDN effort ? 4. Should the AMA take away points from Eli and Adam and, anybody else, in the future, if they opt not to race for their country ? 5. Where are the reviews on this new “Moto” movie, Bennett’s War? 6. Why did they cancel the Pitbike Des Nations at Assen ? 7. If you’re going to Assen, what city/ hotel are you staying in ? 8. Thought we agreed on Team America ?
|
Hammer
8/16/2019 5:17am
The real question is, "why are you asking questions like my 4 year old grand son?" Dude that is a lot of questions!

And in what business model do you see Kawasaki winning at the MXDN game?

enuf sed
HAMMER
Question
8/16/2019 5:25am
1. I have read here that it was for fast supported amateur to help them transition to the big bike
2. I think RD. and honestly he does still a a great job considering the current generation's interest about the event
3. No, but the AMA should ask more shares of the pie, just to cover more travel expenses
4. No, that would suck without being informed at least 1 season prior to the event (so the team can budget it)
5. I don't know
6. I don't know
7. At home
8. I think so
8/16/2019 6:13am
That picture...there's not enough voltage in the world to electro-shock me back into coherence after seeing that.

The Shop

SwingHard
8/16/2019 6:31am
9. Will Roger Decosters hair ever turn gray?!!
mx965
8/16/2019 12:43pm
lol yes, lets fine riders for not participating in an off-season event where they will make no money and get shit on for not winning. One in which they put themselves at risk of injury that would inhibit their ability to actually make a living in a sport where the average "earning" period is only 5-7 years (?) if you are an elite rider. Call them unpatriotic if you want, but its just smart career management.
mxb2
8/16/2019 12:46pm
mx965 wrote:
lol yes, lets fine riders for not participating in an off-season event where they will make no money and get shit on for not winning. One...
lol yes, lets fine riders for not participating in an off-season event where they will make no money and get shit on for not winning. One in which they put themselves at risk of injury that would inhibit their ability to actually make a living in a sport where the average "earning" period is only 5-7 years (?) if you are an elite rider. Call them unpatriotic if you want, but its just smart career management.
Be careful.man,. Some on vital.want them.to ride free and risk their paying contract. Lol.
8/16/2019 12:47pm
mx965 wrote:
lol yes, lets fine riders for not participating in an off-season event where they will make no money and get shit on for not winning. One...
The riders don't get shit on for getting beat. They are usually cheered on and supported for going and giving their best.

They do get flack for not going though, especially with the lame excuses like you are throwing out.
8/16/2019 12:49pm
mxb2 wrote:
Be careful.man,. Some on vital.want them.to ride free and risk their paying contract. Lol.
They want them to represent their country and give it their best. If the riders want to get paid, then they are missing the point.
500guy
8/16/2019 1:06pm
They want them to represent their country and give it their best. If the riders want to get paid, then they are missing the point.
But it's okay for some to profit / price gouge off right Giff ?
mx965
8/16/2019 1:08pm
mx965 wrote:
The riders don't get shit on for getting beat. They are usually cheered on and supported for going and giving their best. They do get flack...
The riders don't get shit on for getting beat. They are usually cheered on and supported for going and giving their best.

They do get flack for not going though, especially with the lame excuses like you are throwing out.
lol "lame excuse". So risking your well being and ability to provide for yourself and your family with no fiscal return is lame? Grow up bud.
8/16/2019 1:19pm
mx965 wrote:
lol "lame excuse". So risking your well being and ability to provide for yourself and your family with no fiscal return is lame? Grow up bud.
99% of the world would disagree.Please stop with that bullshit.
mx965
8/16/2019 1:24pm
mx965 wrote:
Bonanza69 wrote:
Do you mean the other 99% that aren't professional motocross racers who make a living from participating in an extremely dangerous sport? Sure I'll agree. Super easy for all the armchair quarterbacks to say "why not". You don't think of these people's lives as real because they are part of your escape from reality, your "hobby".
500guy
8/16/2019 1:29pm
mx965 wrote:
Do you mean the other 99% that aren't professional motocross racers who make a living from participating in an extremely dangerous sport? Sure I'll agree. Super...
Do you mean the other 99% that aren't professional motocross racers who make a living from participating in an extremely dangerous sport? Sure I'll agree. Super easy for all the armchair quarterbacks to say "why not". You don't think of these people's lives as real because they are part of your escape from reality, your "hobby".
That and they somehow think this event is owed to them.
mxb2
8/16/2019 1:54pm
mxb2 wrote:
Would you work month free,spend alot of $$ to attend a non contracted race/event. Risk the real contract? Kudos to the 3 usa dudes goin. Kawy feels different. Their $$. Not yours. If eli, ac breaks a leg , are you going to pay them?. I think not.
Rupert X
8/16/2019 2:00pm
Me thinks many of you -that like to discount the importance of The Motocross Des Nations, have never attended one of these glorious events. Hell yes, we all agree the riders should be paid, I’m guessing they get a sweet paycheck every month, from their team or the factory, regardless of what they do- but that’s not for us to be concerned about, that’s their employer’s business. This is the Pro-Bowl, the Super Bowl and the Olympics of Motocross all in one, a tradition that is a HUGE part of this sport - as we know it. This recent spat of riders unwilling to go -has left a black mark on the sport in America and, is a poor display for our younger, up and coming riders. I think some of you need to sit around with; Mr. Bailey, Mr. Johnson, Mr. Ward, Mr. Carmichael, Mr.Ferry, Mr. Villopoto, Mr. Stewart, Mr. Sun, Mr. O’Mara and all our other great American MXDN competitors, and allow them to educate you -on the hows and whys - of the importance and great history, of this most prestigious Motocross event. For Kawasaki, I think this has been and - will be, a very unfortunate time for their brand and, a marketing and PR disaster. Heads should roll. And so, it was written.
mxb2
8/16/2019 2:09pm
Rupert X wrote:
Me thinks many of you -that like to discount the importance of The Motocross Des Nations, have never attended one of these glorious events. Hell yes...
Me thinks many of you -that like to discount the importance of The Motocross Des Nations, have never attended one of these glorious events. Hell yes, we all agree the riders should be paid, I’m guessing they get a sweet paycheck every month, from their team or the factory, regardless of what they do- but that’s not for us to be concerned about, that’s their employer’s business. This is the Pro-Bowl, the Super Bowl and the Olympics of Motocross all in one, a tradition that is a HUGE part of this sport - as we know it. This recent spat of riders unwilling to go -has left a black mark on the sport in America and, is a poor display for our younger, up and coming riders. I think some of you need to sit around with; Mr. Bailey, Mr. Johnson, Mr. Ward, Mr. Carmichael, Mr.Ferry, Mr. Villopoto, Mr. Stewart, Mr. Sun, Mr. O’Mara and all our other great American MXDN competitors, and allow them to educate you -on the hows and whys - of the importance and great history, of this most prestigious Motocross event. For Kawasaki, I think this has been and - will be, a very unfortunate time for their brand and, a marketing and PR disaster. Heads should roll. And so, it was written.
I have been to 2 mxon, great events. The people complaining about sales dont ride kawys and dont plan on buying kawys ever anyway. But that could be their excuse now. And if they go, they need paid. They are paid already for contracted events,. Nothing to do with mxon agreements. Nobody on vital works free. They shdnt either. Its up to their employer.
8/16/2019 2:13pm
mxb2 wrote:
mxb2 wrote:
Would you work month free,spend alot of $$ to attend a non contracted race/event. Risk the real contract? Kudos to the 3 usa dudes goin. Kawy...
Would you work month free,spend alot of $$ to attend a non contracted race/event. Risk the real contract? Kudos to the 3 usa dudes goin. Kawy feels different. Their $$. Not yours. If eli, ac breaks a leg , are you going to pay them?. I think not.
If I was making millions, and was one of the fastest riders in the world, I'd go for free. Many other riders have because they felt it was an important race, and weren't doing it for the money.
8/16/2019 2:16pm
mx965 wrote:
They have no problem risking it all for a one off race called the MEC. Every single time they race, ride or practice they are taking a risk so your excuses are empty.
TexasVet
8/16/2019 2:21pm
mx965 wrote:
Bonanza69 wrote:
Oh?

99%. Ok.

I call bullshit.

Ask Dale j.r. about outside risk. TODAY! Or his wife. Or kids. How about the dog?
mxb2
8/16/2019 2:21pm
mx965 wrote:
They have no problem risking it all for a one off race called the MEC. Every single time they race, ride or practice they are taking...
They have no problem risking it all for a one off race called the MEC. Every single time they race, ride or practice they are taking a risk so your excuses are empty.
Because the are paid for that. Simple,. Practice for the races they are paid for.
mxb2
8/16/2019 2:24pm
mxb2 wrote:
Would you work month free,spend alot of $$ to attend a non contracted race/event. Risk the real contract? Kudos to the 3 usa dudes goin. Kawy...
If I was making millions, and was one of the fastest riders in the world, I'd go for free. Many other riders have because they felt...
If I was making millions, and was one of the fastest riders in the world, I'd go for free. Many other riders have because they felt it was an important race, and weren't doing it for the money.
No you wdnt , easy for you to say now. Knowing you would never get the chance. Let me guess you hate kawasaki s now. Lol. Stomp.my feet cause i dont get what i want.
mx965
8/16/2019 2:27pm
mx965 wrote:
They have no problem risking it all for a one off race called the MEC. Every single time they race, ride or practice they are taking...
You are either trolling or do not have the ability to use your brain above a second grade level.
mx965
8/16/2019 2:32pm
Rupert X wrote:
Me thinks many of you -that like to discount the importance of The Motocross Des Nations, have never attended one of these glorious events. Hell yes...
Its about more than the money. I was at Red Bud. It was an amazing experience up until wheels hit the track for the actual race. Just like everyone else, I was eager to see team America beat some ass on home soil but what actually happened was an embarrassment. Seeing Eli Tomac ride behind a 30-year-old TOMMY SEARLE for 7 fucking laps AT RED BUD...you can not tell me he was "giving it his all"...so what's the point anyway?
Stoneface
8/16/2019 2:32pm
Professional motocross racer doesn’t seem to be a career one aspires to purely based on financial security/practicality. I thought the allure for these guys was to race on the grandest stages against the best racers in the world.
Weird to turn down a chance to race the Motocross des Nations. Discordant thinking.
Factories employ these guys to put on a show for fans / potential customers. MXDN should be the big show.
500guy
8/16/2019 2:40pm
Stoneface wrote:
Professional motocross racer doesn’t seem to be a career one aspires to purely based on financial security/practicality. I thought the allure for these guys was to...
Professional motocross racer doesn’t seem to be a career one aspires to purely based on financial security/practicality. I thought the allure for these guys was to race on the grandest stages against the best racers in the world.
Weird to turn down a chance to race the Motocross des Nations. Discordant thinking.
Factories employ these guys to put on a show for fans / potential customers. MXDN should be the big show.
yet in USA the Teams don't see it that way.

I get both sides but I don't think trying to shame someone into doing the event is a good plan either.
8/16/2019 2:42pm
mx965 wrote:
mx965 wrote:
You are either trolling or do not have the ability to use your brain above a second grade level.
I can understand just fine. The riders take risks everytime they throw a leg over bike, and the "risk" part of it was always there. But once the Americans started losing, that became an excuse. It wasn't used last time when it was on American soil because they thought they'd win. Stop being a big time loser and start supporting sending the best team America has.
Premix
8/16/2019 2:45pm
Owned and raced 5 Kawasaki’s, never again.

Billy you act like you are Tomac’s agent, give it a rest. If ET and AC dominate next SX season, which is highly unlikely given the depth of riders right now, then there may be some validity to them sitting out. But, who’s to say one of them dosen't break a leg at MEC or in the offseason, then what? Sit those out? Don’t practice until week before A1. There’s risk and reward, if a manufacturer is basing its decision to show up to the worlds largest single moto race based on a corporate greed, then moto has lost its soul.

Fuck em

Premix

500guy
8/16/2019 2:46pm
I can understand just fine. The riders take risks everytime they throw a leg over bike, and the "risk" part of it was always there. But...
I can understand just fine. The riders take risks everytime they throw a leg over bike, and the "risk" part of it was always there. But once the Americans started losing, that became an excuse. It wasn't used last time when it was on American soil because they thought they'd win. Stop being a big time loser and start supporting sending the best team America has.
That's not true, the problem with Team USA has been an issue since about 1998 that I can remember for sure.

Your idea that we back off because we lost is absurd.
8/16/2019 3:05pm
I can understand just fine. The riders take risks everytime they throw a leg over bike, and the "risk" part of it was always there. But...
500guy wrote:
That's not true, the problem with Team USA has been an issue since about 1998 that I can remember for sure. Your idea that we back...
That's not true, the problem with Team USA has been an issue since about 1998 that I can remember for sure.

Your idea that we back off because we lost is absurd.
Since 1988, almost every riders asked to go, went. There were a couple of exceptions but for the most part, it was considered an honor to be asked to go. Stanton said he regretted turning it down in 1992, and Bradshaw said he just didn't want to go (lost a lot of respect for him for that). Riders were more than willing to go until around 2012...then RV backed out, Dungey, now Tomac and Kawasaki. I believe Webb did before his injury. U.S.A. will continue to lose until they start respecting the race. Big props to the team that is going. Best race of the year, for teams, countries, and fans a like. Just ask Johnson, Bailey, Ward, et al what the race means. Even when U.S.A. dominated, the GP riders still showed up and raced. Guy like Thorpe, Jobe, Geboers, et al

Roger has done an excellent job of managing the race, but when his top riders don't want to go, he can only do so much.

Post a reply to: I gots some questions. And I want some answers, dammit.

The Latest