I feel bad for Yamaha.

Edited Date/Time 1/5/2014 4:01pm
They got black balled by the industry because "JS7" blamed all HIS problems HIS crashes on the bike.

Well guess what, he is crashing just as much on the suzuki the last couple years. No difference.

It aint the bike.
|
GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
1/5/2014 8:22am
They did?
Brad460
Fantasy
736th
1/5/2014 8:28am Edited Date/Time 1/5/2014 8:29am
They got black balled by the industry because "JS7" blamed all HIS problems HIS crashes on the bike. Well guess what, he is crashing just as...
They got black balled by the industry because "JS7" blamed all HIS problems HIS crashes on the bike.

Well guess what, he is crashing just as much on the suzuki the last couple years. No difference.

It aint the bike.
Thanks for your professional insight Kent...looking forward to your expert opinion throughout the season. Shocked

God help us
PJ205
1/5/2014 8:29am
Tell us more. We need your insight.
1/5/2014 8:39am
Weather Yamaha said it or not I have no idea...... but I can remember countless discussions here 2 years ago about it "being the Yamaha"!
James is an awesome rider and is super fun to watch.....but James also crashes riding at the limits of traction....and it will likely happen no matter what he rides....live with it.

The Shop

1/5/2014 8:44am
I don't feel bad at all for Yamaha. Grant, Brayton and Webb showed some solid speed, and Martin is a solid pick when east coast racing starts.
zook11
1/5/2014 8:47am
PJ205 wrote:
Kent C has a point. James used to blame all his mistakes on the Yamaha.
kongols
1/5/2014 8:48am
PJ205 wrote:
zook11 wrote:
No he did not.
mmcmx
1/5/2014 8:52am
Yamaha deserves all they get for giving birth to such an ugly bike.
gsxrcr28
Fantasy
2364th
1/5/2014 9:00am
James is the only guy to ever win Supercross races on the Yamaha.

He proved it is capable of winning, Yamaha should love that.
catatonic
1/5/2014 9:01am
I dont remember him blaming the yamaha.
With that said he looks way more at home on the zook.
bigborefan
1/5/2014 9:01am
Maybe James didn't blame the Yamaha, maybe he did, but the JS7 fans sure as hell did.
racerx217
1/5/2014 9:02am
gsxrcr28 wrote:

lol, no he isnt
Regis
Fantasy
292nd
1/5/2014 9:04am Edited Date/Time 1/5/2014 9:04am
PJ205 wrote:
zook11 wrote:
kongols wrote:
No he did not.
He single handily brought Yamaha to its knees. Yamaha is still suffering the repercussions of his leaving JGR "because of the bike"

I wouldn't go as far as saying they got black balled in the industry, but still guys will say they don't like the Yamaha and use reasons that started from Stewart's complaints that they would NEVER experience.
John250
1/5/2014 9:28am
gsxrcr28 wrote:

Did you forget a few guys by the names of Bell, Glover, Hannah, Johnson, and oh yeah.....one more McGrath?
gsxrcr28
Fantasy
2364th
1/5/2014 9:31am Edited Date/Time 1/5/2014 9:31am
gsxrcr28 wrote:

John250 wrote:
Did you forget a few guys by the names of Bell, Glover, Hannah, Johnson, and oh yeah.....one more McGrath?
My point was he is the only rider to win a Supercross on the new "Revolutionary Yamaha"

Guess I needed to specify that.
dirtnapper
1/5/2014 9:32am
gsxrcr28 wrote:

Oh yeah, that's right!! Chad never won two championships on a blue bike......Whistling

Moran.
gsxrcr28
Fantasy
2364th
1/5/2014 9:33am
gsxrcr28 wrote:

dirtnapper wrote:
Oh yeah, that's right!! Chad never won two championships on a blue bike......Whistling

Moran.
Read the post above yours.

Dumass Whistling
Regis
Fantasy
292nd
1/5/2014 9:34am
gsxrcr28 wrote:

dirtnapper wrote:

Moran.
I think, he obviously meant on the "new" Yamaha.

Moran? jeez. Some of us knew what he meant.

Bob Hannah won on a yamaha too....
dirtnapper
1/5/2014 10:09am
gsxrcr28 wrote:

dirtnapper wrote:

Moran.
gsxrcr28 wrote:

Dumass Whistling
You wrote, and I quote, "James is the only guy to ever win Supercross races on the Yamaha", so don't go getting all butthurt that I called you out on it.

If you had said "new", I would not have commented and called you a moran.

But you didn't. So I did.

Lighten up, sweetheart Pinch
500guy
1/5/2014 10:15am
Yamaha has made a lot of mistakes, Hell they gave money and bikes to a Team that didn't even exist. (Super CrossX)

They let their Factory program go and they made a bike that was just a gimmick that they thought they could cover up with a rider like James Stewart.

it all went to shit along with the economy and the powers that be are being about like KTM was with the linkage.
newmann
1/5/2014 10:23am
gsxrcr28 wrote:

dirtnapper wrote:

Moran.
Regis wrote:
I think, he obviously meant on the "new" Yamaha.

Moran? jeez. Some of us knew what he meant.

On a 240 pound tub of shit, no less! History repeats! Laughing
jleews6
1/5/2014 10:24am
James swaped in the whoops and crashed. I watched just about every other rider swap in the whoops at one point or another but they made it through ,so does this mean that James cant ride whoops?
I think that when you go as fast as he was going there is a chance the bike is going to swap in the whoops and at that speed its hard to ride through it.
RV lost the front end and crashed to. I guess those Kawis are no good and they handle just like the Yamaha.Laughing
MxKing809
Fantasy
334th
1/5/2014 10:29am
I'll play along here.....

Come on GuyB, don't tell me Yamaha didn't take a PR hit with Millsaps' major improvement once off the brand and Stewarts public bashing of the bike, and the inability to make it work for him.
gsxrcr28
Fantasy
2364th
1/5/2014 10:30am
dirtnapper wrote:

Moran.
gsxrcr28 wrote:

Dumass Whistling
dirtnapper wrote:
You wrote, and I quote, "James is the only guy to ever win Supercross races on the Yamaha", so don't go getting all butthurt that I...
You wrote, and I quote, "James is the only guy to ever win Supercross races on the Yamaha", so don't go getting all butthurt that I called you out on it.

If you had said "new", I would not have commented and called you a moran.

But you didn't. So I did.

Lighten up, sweetheart Pinch
Not butthurt at all. I didn't think anyone would be too dumb to not understand what I meant.

Now I know.
1/5/2014 10:52am
If you want to feel bad for Yamaha, get your hands on some of the insight from the Gibbs operation, where they openly talk about the amount of work they have had to do to make the POS usable. The worst James ever said was the bike didn't suit him, but others who have worked with the bike have said much much worse.

But don't let me stop you... keep hating on the fastest rider of the night, and one of only 3 or 4 guys who made it exciting, you stupid ass. BTW you fucking clown, you should get your facts straight before you blame someone. Produce one example of JS7 blaming all his problems on the yamaha. U stupid Fucking douche bag.
plynn41
1/5/2014 10:58am
mmcmx wrote:
Yamaha deserves all they get for giving birth to such an ugly bike.
I appreciate Yamaha for trying something radical, and it may end up being the future of mx bikes. But I agree that the ONLY reason I won't have one is because of how stupid the backward engine looks. It's all in the eye of the beholder though...
GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
1/5/2014 11:16am
If you want to feel bad for Yamaha, get your hands on some of the insight from the Gibbs operation, where they openly talk about the...
If you want to feel bad for Yamaha, get your hands on some of the insight from the Gibbs operation, where they openly talk about the amount of work they have had to do to make the POS usable. The worst James ever said was the bike didn't suit him, but others who have worked with the bike have said much much worse.

But don't let me stop you... keep hating on the fastest rider of the night, and one of only 3 or 4 guys who made it exciting, you stupid ass. BTW you fucking clown, you should get your facts straight before you blame someone. Produce one example of JS7 blaming all his problems on the yamaha. U stupid Fucking douche bag.
All right, we just had our first volunteer on Let's Make Vital A Smarter Place In 2014 By Committing Suicide By Admin Day.

Next!
dirtnapper
1/5/2014 11:23am
If you want to feel bad for Yamaha, get your hands on some of the insight from the Gibbs operation, where they openly talk about the...

GuyB wrote:
All right, we just had our first volunteer on Let's Make Vital A Smarter Place In 2014 By Committing Suicide By Admin Day.

Next!
Laughing

well said!
RacerFan
1/5/2014 11:27am
GuyB you got any good photos or video of rider intro
TeamGreen
1/5/2014 11:28am
I remember when KTM's "Couldn't Win".

I'm jus' sayin'...

Post a reply to: I feel bad for Yamaha.

The Latest