I can’t stand Hayes

Nighttrain
5/13/2018 11:41am
I disagree on Marvin/Tomac and Hayes. Marvin took him out for the win and should own it. No big deal.

I’ve seen several of Hayes’ AX races on tv and video. His moves look garden variety for AX. And he sounds like most other racers on the RacerX podcast.
ML512
Fantasy
54th
5/13/2018 11:49am
KTM would be a good fit for Hayes. They condone a win-at-all-costs attitude. Cheat or whatever, as long as we win: Alessi standing on Tedescos bike...
KTM would be a good fit for Hayes. They condone a win-at-all-costs attitude. Cheat or whatever, as long as we win: Alessi standing on Tedescos bike, Musquin blocking for Dungey, Musquin ramming Tomac, Tickle (and the whole team?) caught doping...
Beautiful cast. You really got that bait out there.
That's some stinky bait...how long has he been waiting to use that one.
langhammx
Fantasy
581st
5/13/2018 11:52am
Nighttrain wrote:
I disagree on Marvin/Tomac and Hayes. Marvin took him out for the win and should own it. No big deal. I’ve seen several of Hayes’ AX...
I disagree on Marvin/Tomac and Hayes. Marvin took him out for the win and should own it. No big deal.

I’ve seen several of Hayes’ AX races on tv and video. His moves look garden variety for AX. And he sounds like most other racers on the RacerX podcast.
I don't think Marvin was trying to take Tomac out, but I agree, he should've owned up a little more than he did. No doubt he was going to make contact, but Eli cut down hard and there was no avoiding the carnage. It was 100% Marvins fault, IMO. But I also feel that even though it was kind of a bonehead move, I don't blame him one bit. $100,000 bonus money is NO Joke, not to mention his other sponsors bonuses. The shoe on the other foot and Eli would've and HAS done the same shit.

I'm not a big fan of how Hayes comes off on TV, but I don't let that make me hate him either. He's a RACER and in the AX series, it has been kinda normal for some bar banging...
WFO
5/13/2018 12:22pm
Seems taking people out on the last lap has been Hayes MO for the entire time he's been in AX. I think it takes away from the sport. I would bet that if those kind of passes happened every lap and in every race things would change.
Rubbing is racing but his actions are to clean a rider out even if it takes himself out as well. That's not racing nor is it intelligent. Probably going to take someone getting seriously hurt before AX stops it.
I don't think he would ever make it in SX, but I'd love to see the guy try.

The Shop

5/13/2018 12:49pm
KTM would be a good fit for Hayes. They condone a win-at-all-costs attitude. Cheat or whatever, as long as we win: Alessi standing on Tedescos bike...
KTM would be a good fit for Hayes. They condone a win-at-all-costs attitude. Cheat or whatever, as long as we win: Alessi standing on Tedescos bike, Musquin blocking for Dungey, Musquin ramming Tomac, Tickle (and the whole team?) caught doping...
I like you. Some people will disageee, but they can't handle the truth, just like precious Marvin.
5/13/2018 12:51pm
lol at those of you saying Tomac cut down hard. He followed the rut like everyone else.
Lucifa.
5/13/2018 2:09pm
lol at those of you saying Tomac cut down hard. He followed the rut like everyone else.
And the rest of us lol at you Tomac and Musquin fanbois going at each other. It provides us with amusement.

Much Ty.
level
5/13/2018 7:23pm
No he didn’t. He cut down and rode right over that rut
Wells423
5/13/2018 8:52pm
He definitely came across as a massive douche bag on tv at the Reno round.
bsharkey
5/13/2018 9:55pm
Ax sucks. They should have the same rules as Supercross but instead it's just a big pinball machine.
seth505
Fantasy
1271st
5/13/2018 10:03pm
Change your name to “ih8ktm”
Stuntman949
5/14/2018 7:35am
NorCal 50+ wrote:
From what I know about Hayes' background you might understand him a little more if you knew it. He's overcome some adversity, and while I can't...
From what I know about Hayes' background you might understand him a little more if you knew it. He's overcome some adversity, and while I can't condone all his on-track behavior, I do know that it has been a long road for him to get here, and that is part of the reason for his fierceness.That said, he does seem to take it a bit too far on the track. But now he's a champion and that's all the record books will say.
Care to elaborate a little?
visser62 wrote:
YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT HE'S BEEN THROUGH
Gold Laughing
kage173
5/14/2018 11:13am
If I was Hayes looking at this thread and then looking at my trophy sitting next to my computer, I'd feel pretty ok with my decision making right now.
motomike137
5/14/2018 11:24am
kage173 wrote:
If I was Hayes looking at this thread and then looking at my trophy sitting next to my computer, I'd feel pretty ok with my decision...
If I was Hayes looking at this thread and then looking at my trophy sitting next to my computer, I'd feel pretty ok with my decision making right now.
As Dale Earnhardt Senior once said "it pays more to win the race".
5/14/2018 12:13pm
give it 5-10 years... Then what is said about these incidents? Its not the loser that gets taken out at the end that's for sure..
Everyone remembers a winner. Oh yeah and like others have said the money helps that split second decision become an easy one.
surfer22
5/14/2018 1:29pm
Nighttrain wrote:
I disagree on Marvin/Tomac and Hayes. Marvin took him out for the win and should own it. No big deal. I’ve seen several of Hayes’ AX...

langhammx wrote:
I don't think Marvin was trying to take Tomac out, but I agree, he should've owned up a little more than he did. No doubt he...
I don't think Marvin was trying to take Tomac out, but I agree, he should've owned up a little more than he did. No doubt he was going to make contact, but Eli cut down hard and there was no avoiding the carnage. It was 100% Marvins fault, IMO. But I also feel that even though it was kind of a bonehead move, I don't blame him one bit. $100,000 bonus money is NO Joke, not to mention his other sponsors bonuses. The shoe on the other foot and Eli would've and HAS done the same shit.

I'm not a big fan of how Hayes comes off on TV, but I don't let that make me hate him either. He's a RACER and in the AX series, it has been kinda normal for some bar banging...
I don't understand people saying "Eli cut down" in that turn. He went into the innermost rut and stayed in that rut the whole time. He didn't cut down or change his line at all. Marvin came in and cleaned him out for the win. I don't blame Marvin for it. There's a 450 main event win on the line along with bonus money. What I do blame Marvin for is being a pussy after the fact. He could have owned what he did and just admitted it and manned up. Instead he wanted to make all kinds of excuses and that I don't agree with.
Tarz483
Fantasy
665th
5/14/2018 2:57pm
kage173 wrote:
If I was Hayes looking at this thread and then looking at my trophy sitting next to my computer, I'd feel pretty ok with my decision...
What's up Hayes
Can I get a Jersey or something Smile
Good luck
I hope you get a good ride this year
kage173
5/14/2018 3:28pm
kage173 wrote:
As Dale Earnhardt Senior once said "it pays more to win the race".
Damn right
BobKerr
5/14/2018 5:40pm
Punk. Needs his leg broken.
JeepnMike
5/14/2018 9:30pm
I love hayes Sport needs more of him. Ax is full of take outs and excitement, it teaches you to be smarter as to leaving doors...
I love hayes

Sport needs more of him. Ax is full of take outs and excitement, it teaches you to be smarter as to leaving doors open and how to control the race

I hope he gets a ride on a top tier team and does some solid rides in sx.

Its a shame our sport just lost about 30 soild jobs
I think AX is his niche. If you saw his performances racing outdoors against the Canucks, I would be blown away if he got a ride anywhere special next year.

I have actually learned to enjoy the AX series (on TV). I am bummed it won't be coming back, more bummed for the riders, teams, and mechanics that called it a career.
Stickers
5/15/2018 7:39am
I like how he compared to Marvin/Tomac in his interview at Reno when 2 of his collisions ended with both him and Blose on the ground. Talk about some screws loose.
BobKerr
5/15/2018 7:41am
Barcia, Hayes and Bowers enter a corner...
LOL. None of them leave
tingo
5/15/2018 7:41am
Barcia, Hayes and Bowers enter a corner...
They all go down....28 threads come out of it.
5/15/2018 11:40am
Hayes is a Total Douche and that's why he rides like one, he acts like he is winning a 450 SX Championship settle down Bro they cancelled the your Series. When you go down yourself it wasn't a crafty take out FYI.
JeepnMike
5/15/2018 12:07pm
526 wrote:
Hayes is a Total Douche and that's why he rides like one, he acts like he is winning a 450 SX Championship settle down Bro they...
Hayes is a Total Douche and that's why he rides like one, he acts like he is winning a 450 SX Championship settle down Bro they cancelled the your Series. When you go down yourself it wasn't a crafty take out FYI.
Laughing Do you think Hayes and Blose are still friends?

The takeout Hayes put on Blose in the last corner of the first main at Reno was attempted murder.. LOL That wasn't a block pass, it wasn't a typical AX slam, that was full throttle into Blose. He is lucky he didn't break his leg. Oh wait, he tried to cut his leg off in the next moto.

Gotta give them credit, it was an entertaining show! Fun rivalry to watch.
mb60
5/15/2018 12:49pm
I saw the Reno race last night and the dude is a class A douche.
Nighttrain
5/15/2018 1:47pm
BobKerr wrote:
LOL. None of them leave
Red flags, black flags, medical flags...lots of flags waving.

Post a reply to: I can’t stand Hayes

The Latest