I can't take nothing away from ET3, dude dug deep and earned it. Straight Up.

cool_hand
Edited Date/Time 9/3/2022 5:26pm
Eli broke Sexton,....
|
wolf18
9/3/2022 5:22pm
Not just straight up, he came from behind to win this championship.
9/3/2022 5:30pm
wolf18 wrote:
Not just straight up, he came from behind to win this championship.
24 points at one time if I remember correctly. Unreal season. Congrats ET1!
Munson'd
Fantasy
1083rd
9/3/2022 5:34pm
When Eli is charging he made me shake my head due to his fucking unreal speed. Like a raging fucking bull. He doesn’t make it look easy like Sexton, and that is what I love about him.

The Shop

Bow977
Fantasy
115th
9/3/2022 6:13pm
He is an all timer. Such a beast and no drama type dude
soggy
Fantasy
3846th
9/3/2022 6:18pm
Definitely the best outdoor season I’ve ever been witness too. If these guys can start with each other at mxdn they can do some work.

Eli and Chase were monsters this year.
ProKawi24
9/3/2022 6:23pm
I said it in the other thread but again I really have a ton of respect for him not just settling in that 2nd moto to secure the title, dude went all out to dominate and go 1-1 like a true champion. Chase was awesome this year but Eli just proved he earned and deserved this championship.
9/3/2022 6:32pm Edited Date/Time 9/3/2022 6:35pm
I’ve spent quite a bit of time defending Eli around here, and I probably made myself look pretty silly at times but as a huge fan it’s awesome to see what he’s done this year. I also have to eat a lot of crow, when it was rumoured that he had signed with Star I immediately thought it was because of money and he was just looking to ride out his career and boy was I wrong.

Incredible season but it’s a little bitter sweet because it’s also Tomac’s last year outdoors, will miss his come from behind rides late in the motos.
7I3N
9/3/2022 6:34pm
Eli wins the first AMA Outdoor National he ever raced and now wins his last. Nice set of bookends for a career. Dude's a legend.
ktmdan
9/3/2022 6:53pm
Idk why everyone kept saying Chase has the upper hand on raw speed. Short memories I guess.
tomlopez
9/3/2022 7:11pm
Been watching Tomac since that first race at Hangtown in 2010. He's given myself and all of us a lot of great seasons & moments in The Great Outdoors. The 2013 outdoor season where he showed us the first glimpses of beast mode, dominating the second half of the season and taking the points lead away from Roczen. Of course, the beginning of that 2015 MX season and the extraterrestrial speed he showed. His pure dominance of the class from '17 - '19, being the first outdoor 3-peat champion since the great Ricky Carmichael. And coming back on the blue bike after a couple "off" years (which still featured some great rides) and pushing the pace in probably the best title fight of all time.

It's sad that we'll likely never see his awesome come-from-behind wins in the summer heat ever again, but we're also very lucky that he continued his career for so many years and gave us over a full decade of great racing. His Supercross achievements are a whole other discussion, and he has a chance to improve his legacy further beginning in January.

Thanks ET

KurtJ99
Fantasy
671st
9/3/2022 7:35pm
Did RC and James ever run away from the 3rd place guys the way Chase and Eli did this season?
Best season ever seems like an understatement.
yz133rider
9/3/2022 7:36pm
KurtJ99 wrote:
Did RC and James ever run away from the 3rd place guys the way Chase and Eli did this season? Best season ever seems like an...
Did RC and James ever run away from the 3rd place guys the way Chase and Eli did this season?
Best season ever seems like an understatement.
Yeah like every time they raced lol
Alex814
9/3/2022 7:36pm
I'll miss his riding style outdoors. I don't know that we'll see someone else ride a 450 like that anytime soon.
OleTex
9/3/2022 7:44pm
What a day! That was a heck of a lot of fun to watch. Tomac will always be the Beast.
Ranman68
9/3/2022 7:46pm
I truly wondered how Tomac could win the title after Unadilla, because these last two tracks were tracks that Sexton rips on, and it looked like Tomac didn't have the speed to beat Sexton straight up. I thought Tomac would need luck on his side. Nope. The dude just found more speed and wasn't going to be denied. Just like in supercross where he had knee injury, yet was able to beat whoever he had to beat in the remaining rounds for the title.
Tomac is a Boss. There's no doubt. Amber Heard herself isn't dumb enough to claim otherwise.
Sexton is a bad mofo and a boss too. He's just not yet the boss boss. That's still Tomac.
9/3/2022 7:52pm
I can't wait for a compilation of his outdoors antics once this is all said and done
9/3/2022 7:52pm Edited Date/Time 9/3/2022 7:58pm
ktmdan wrote:
Idk why everyone kept saying Chase has the upper hand on raw speed. Short memories I guess.
Well, Chase still ran the fastest laps in both motos today (by a pretty decent margin), so in terms of "raw speed"... That may be an advantage Chase did have.

But, as we saw today, minimizing mistakes as much as "raw speed" is foundational to championships.
8tensolutions
9/3/2022 7:59pm
ktmdan wrote:
Well, Chase still ran the fastest laps in both motos today (by a pretty decent margin), so in terms of "raw speed"... That may be an...
Well, Chase still ran the fastest laps in both motos today (by a pretty decent margin), so in terms of "raw speed"... That may be an advantage Chase did have.

But, as we saw today, minimizing mistakes as much as "raw speed" is foundational to championships.
Haha. He had to since Tomac passed him both motos and crashed 12 times in moto 2. Tomac likely had more if needed, but 1-1 means he was the fastest to the finish. Not taking anything away from Chase, but thats a BS comment for someone who deserves the credit.
9/3/2022 8:00pm Edited Date/Time 9/3/2022 8:01pm
ktmdan wrote:
Well, Chase still ran the fastest laps in both motos today (by a pretty decent margin), so in terms of "raw speed"... That may be an...

Haha. He had to since Tomac passed him both motos and crashed 12 times in moto 2. Tomac likely had more if needed, but 1-1 means...
Haha. He had to since Tomac passed him both motos and crashed 12 times in moto 2. Tomac likely had more if needed, but 1-1 means he was the fastest to the finish. Not taking anything away from Chase, but thats a BS comment for someone who deserves the credit.
Obviously, Eli is the champion. It just isn't unfathomable that the "raw speed" advantage could be in Chase's favor. But, even if so, that's not the only determining factor on who wins the big trophy.
8tensolutions
9/3/2022 8:01pm
Those two are going to destroy Des Nations. I hope they run together in the moto they are both in and just feed off each other having a blast putting 30 seconds to a minute on the field. Without Herlings and Gajser there it is going to be ugly IMO. Now just have to hope Cooper can hold it together.
9/3/2022 8:10pm
Alex814 wrote:
I'll miss his riding style outdoors. I don't know that we'll see someone else ride a 450 like that anytime soon.
Chase was right there with him the whole season, so Chase pretty much did. Two completely different riding styles obviously, but they just decimated the field. I'm gonna miss the Beast Mode button that Eli would push late in the motos though.
9/3/2022 8:13pm
Ranman68 wrote:
I truly wondered how Tomac could win the title after Unadilla, because these last two tracks were tracks that Sexton rips on, and it looked like...
I truly wondered how Tomac could win the title after Unadilla, because these last two tracks were tracks that Sexton rips on, and it looked like Tomac didn't have the speed to beat Sexton straight up. I thought Tomac would need luck on his side. Nope. The dude just found more speed and wasn't going to be denied. Just like in supercross where he had knee injury, yet was able to beat whoever he had to beat in the remaining rounds for the title.
Tomac is a Boss. There's no doubt. Amber Heard herself isn't dumb enough to claim otherwise.
Sexton is a bad mofo and a boss too. He's just not yet the boss boss. That's still Tomac.
Amber Heard? 😆 what's that reference? Credit to you for one of the most random comments I've seen on this board. 😆
Ranman68
9/5/2022 10:18am Edited Date/Time 9/5/2022 10:22am
Ranman68 wrote:
I truly wondered how Tomac could win the title after Unadilla, because these last two tracks were tracks that Sexton rips on, and it looked like...
Amber Heard? 😆 what's that reference? Credit to you for one of the most random comments I've seen on this board. 😆
Just in case it's random to you only because you don't get the reference, I'll explain it. Afterwards, if you still feel the same, that's ok and I'll find a way to live with it.
My comment was in reference to the way Sexton walked on Tomac in both motos at Unadilla, and Tomac not able to do anything about it despite a getting holeshot or a poor start from Sexton. That was something that virtually never happens to Tomac. With this occurring, the next two tracks being tracks that Sexton likes, and one of them being the track he was recently so dominant on, it could have affected Tomac's confidence and broke him. Instead, we saw Tomac rise to the occasion, dominate, and ultimately break Sexton on the same track that a lot of people thought Tomac would not be able to beat Sexton on.
This is some shit only a BOSS does. Amber Heard is a pathological liar who will blatantly deny any obvious truth or reality that doesn't serve her, no matter how clear and obvious it is. If you watched any of the Johnny Depp trial with her, you saw this. My point was to say that Tomac made it so clear that he's a boss, even Amber Heard wouldn't deny it. A humorous way of emphasizing that Tomac is a boss. No, Amber Heard is not related to motocross in any way. Maybe you didn't watch any of the trial. Maybe you did and still wonder wtf. Maybe you're not alone. Maybe some people liked it.
Thanks for your input, and I hope this helps. Merry Christmas, and don't be a stranger 🙂
Richy
9/5/2022 10:20am
You Yanks have to be stoked with your MXoN team, what a pair of animals on a bike, awesome season and good to see Tomac go out on top.
motomike137
9/5/2022 10:23am
Munson'd wrote:
When Eli is charging he made me shake my head due to his fucking unreal speed. Like a raging fucking bull. He doesn’t make it look...
When Eli is charging he made me shake my head due to his fucking unreal speed. Like a raging fucking bull. He doesn’t make it look easy like Sexton, and that is what I love about him.
What made it even more entertaining was that you could hear the intake roaring on that YZ. Eli and that bike (with Star as the builder) were a match made in heaven!
motomike137
9/5/2022 10:24am
Richy wrote:
You Yanks have to be stoked with your MXoN team, what a pair of animals on a bike, awesome season and good to see Tomac go...
You Yanks have to be stoked with your MXoN team, what a pair of animals on a bike, awesome season and good to see Tomac go out on top.
Very stoked but I am still really shell shocked from 2018. I'm not counting any chickens just yet Wink
Joey_Bridges
9/5/2022 10:25am
Long time Tomac fan.
Dating back to his dad, in the day where mt.bike races consisted of, up hill, downhill, and x-c races at the same event.
He won them all.

So I was glad to see him win this title.
And at the same time, bummed to see Sexton lose it.
Both were savages who upped each other's game.

And we all won as a result.
I DVR'd the entire season to rewatch between now and the 2023 SX series.

Post a reply to: I can't take nothing away from ET3, dude dug deep and earned it. Straight Up.

The Latest