I bought a new motorcycle, but it came with a kickstand

JW381
10/22/2017 7:11pm
JW381 wrote:
Had kind of a weird thing happen today. Went up to about 5k elevation with stock jetting. I was gonna do one more "break in" ride...
Had kind of a weird thing happen today.

Went up to about 5k elevation with stock jetting. I was gonna do one more "break in" ride with the richer settings then re-jet. I started it up, choke on for about 30 seconds, turned it off and started to apply some throttle blips. Then suddenly it died and wouldn't restart. Pulled the plug and it looked fine, but we took a lighter to it anyway and tried to maybe burn some shit off.

No luck.

So then I tried to bump start it and that didn't work either. Then I went to kick it again (one last effort before I had to push it up the hill) and it came back to life? Then didn't have a problem the rest of the day. I rejetted and started first kick all day. Sometimes halfway thru the stroke.

What gives? Very bizarre, especially for a brand new bike.
Bump because page 3
HardTaco
10/22/2017 7:41pm
JW381 wrote:
Had kind of a weird thing happen today. Went up to about 5k elevation with stock jetting. I was gonna do one more "break in" ride...

Went up to about 5k elevation with stock jetting. I was gonna do one more "break in" ride with the richer settings then re-jet. I started it up, choke on for about 30 seconds, turned it off and started to apply some throttle blips. Then suddenly it died and wouldn't restart. Pulled the plug and it looked fine, but we took a lighter to it anyway and tried to maybe burn some shit off.

No luck.

So then I tried to bump start it and that didn't work either. Then I went to kick it again (one last effort before I had to push it up the hill) and it came back to life? Then didn't have a problem the rest of the day. I rejetted and started first kick all day. Sometimes halfway thru the stroke.

JW381 wrote:
Bump because page 3
Rich bikes do weird shit man. With that jetting at 5k I can't believe it even ran! Chalk it up to being flooded and having a little hiccup.
JW381
10/22/2017 7:51pm
JW381 wrote:

No luck.

JW381 wrote:
Bump because page 3
HardTaco wrote:
Rich bikes do weird shit man. With that jetting at 5k I can't believe it even ran! Chalk it up to being flooded and having a...
Rich bikes do weird shit man. With that jetting at 5k I can't believe it even ran! Chalk it up to being flooded and having a little hiccup.
Cool, I like the sound of that! Haha

The Shop

Post a reply to: I bought a new motorcycle, but it came with a kickstand

The Latest