I agree with Anderson...

Related:
Create New Tag

11/17/2019 6:47 PM

How could we implement some type of Superpole into AMA SX?

Maybe make it worth a point to the winner?

Have the top ten in points compete each round?

Just my $.02

|

You’re gonna love this neighborhood, every house here recycles.

11/17/2019 6:55 PM

Only way this really makes sense is if they want to make it a multi day thing. Superpole works in road racing because the weekends are longer and they have one race. SX doesn’t really need it because the gate is set through the heats anyway. The SX equivalent would be superpole and the top 10 go right to the main or something with the rest needing to go through the heats. As a fan I would rather watch everyone duke it out in the heats and lcq rather than have half the field bypass it

|

11/17/2019 7:09 PM

I could see it working at the Triple Crown events, the Auckland SX was basically a Triple Crown format.

|

@TONY351KTM

11/17/2019 7:24 PM

What I don't like is fastest lap to make it in. Especially in outdoor. I real fast lap gets you in? Then you suck balls after you're winded in 10 minutes? Screw that.

|

11/17/2019 7:26 PM

Leave points outta it, and just have it as an option to make more money for the riders. Previous round winner can’t compete in order to keep one guy from just racking up bonuses, and thus taking the fun outta it.

|

11/17/2019 7:28 PM

Super Pole is an awesome addition. Especially on the smaller tracks here in Aus in the past when you would have 5 guys within a second in qualifying. Watching guys race the clock and over jump the finish or last jump to squezk out the extra millisecond is edge of your seat stuff.

Its not for everyone, the Mookie's and Jason Anderson's of the world love it im sure. Musquin and Reed in the past probably not so much.

|

11/17/2019 7:30 PM

Good: Get to see the top guys in full, uninterrupted sprint mode, something new to add to the format

Bad: More risk of injury pushing the limits, favours sprint riders over "gamers"

Certainly would be cool to see at a few rounds. Even if, in its first year, the top 6/8/10 from the heats overall duke it out for gate pick in the main, rather than offering championship points. Justin Hill, for example, could easily take out multiple Super Poles and earn a bunch of championship points, before finishing well outside the top 10 in the mains, where the points are traditionally earned.

|

11/17/2019 9:58 PM

BS12 wrote:

Good: Get to see the top guys in full, uninterrupted sprint mode, something new to add to the format

Bad: More risk of injury ...more

I like the idea of a superpole. I don't think the injury rate goes up as a result, I mean these guys are already pushing the envelope just to get a good gate pick for the heat race.

I think it would be cool as a warmup before the nightshow to have the top 8 from timed Q do a superpole and winner gets 1 championship point. It could be run off after opening ceremonies and would not take long, only 8 x lap time plus a bit so maybe 12 minutes total.

|

Old MXer turned Superfan.

11/17/2019 10:50 PM

I always thought Superpole for main event gate pick would be awesome.

Allow some more guys access to a better gate pick of they can lay a lap down, & mix it up if the fast guys mess it up.

|

11/17/2019 11:04 PM

As far as I know, “Superpole” is only used as gimmick in second (or lower) tier road racing.
Even less relevance in a discipline that starts in one row.

While gate pick is important, it’s possible to holeshot from any gate.
Can’t holeshot from the last row.

|

11/17/2019 11:19 PM

skypig wrote:

As far as I know, “Superpole” is only used as gimmick in second (or lower) tier road racing.
Even less relevance in a ...more

But what if instead/along with first gate pick, you also got 5 championship points for a superpole win? That might entice someone to put it all on the line. DNF a race, al good, rip off 5 super poles throughout the year and you're back in the game.

Just a thought

|

11/17/2019 11:42 PM

Can some tell me why heat one gets first gate pick? Be cool to see the top 3 from each heat do the super pole let the fasted guy on track get first gate pick.

|

11/18/2019 12:26 AM

Super pole is exciting for everyone involved. I think it would be a fun addition. Perhaps top 5 in each heat race advances to the super pole prior to the main event?

|

11/18/2019 12:36 AM
Edited Date/Time: 11/18/2019 12:37 AM

devindavisphoto wrote:

Super pole is exciting for everyone involved. I think it would be a fun addition. Perhaps top 5 in each heat race advances to ...more

I would do top 3 or 4 from each Heat, but other than that, I agree.

99% of the stadium is not like us and makes sure we're there at noon for every race we go to so we can watch qualifying. Superpole would not only get the top guys onto the track one more time, but it would also give the fans a chance to see the riders lay down a hot lap with it meaning something. And 100%, a couple/few points need to be awarded for each Superpole. Maybe top 3 times get 3/2/1 points awarded.

|

11/18/2019 12:42 AM

devindavisphoto wrote:

Super pole is exciting for everyone involved. I think it would be a fun addition. Perhaps top 5 in each heat race advances to ...more

DanDunes818 wrote:

99% of the stadium is not like us and makes sure we're ...more

Too 3 needs to be a reward for doing well in the heat smile

|

11/18/2019 1:18 AM

Deja New wrote:

Can some tell me why heat one gets first gate pick? Be cool to see the top 3 from each heat do the super pole let the fasted ...more

I thought it was fastest heat got first gate pick?

|

11/18/2019 1:20 AM

Deja New wrote:

Can some tell me why heat one gets first gate pick? Be cool to see the top 3 from each heat do the super pole let the fasted ...more

CPR wrote:

I thought it was fastest heat got first gate pick?

No idea I’m happy to be corrected and thought what’s what smile

|

11/18/2019 1:36 AM

Would be awesome! I'd be happy to see it in GPs with the top 5 from each class too.

In Supercross it's a no brainer. Maybe test it out during the triple crown events for the first year then full season for the year after. Top 3 from each heat go into Superpole with the quickest getting 2 championship points (5 is too many IMO).

|

www.90smotocross.com

Instagram - @90sMotocross
Facebook - 90s Motocross

11/18/2019 1:58 AM

If gate pick just could really make difference.. something like staggered start or first gate closer to first corner it will make point to qualify/super pole first.

|

11/18/2019 2:58 AM

How about replace the LCQ with superpole for the last 20 riders.. that would be funny

|

Braaaaaaaap!!

11/18/2019 3:19 AM

If you have ever seen it live in person, superpole is really exciting

|

11/18/2019 6:40 PM

I'd personally love to see a super pole... It's fun and exciting to see the best guys lay down a hot lap one by one. Seems like and easy thing to do to start a live show then go into racing.

|

11/18/2019 6:44 PM

Cody24 wrote:

How could we implement some type of Superpole into AMA SX?

Maybe make it worth a point to the winner?

Have the top ten in ...more

I’d think something like this should be the top ten qualifiers from the day show, rather than the top ten in points.

|

11/18/2019 6:47 PM

devindavisphoto wrote:

DanDunes818 wrote:

Deja New wrote:

Cookies?

|

11/18/2019 6:50 PM

DanDunes818 wrote:

Deja New wrote:

GuyB wrote:

Cookies?

Who doesn’t like cookies w00t

|

11/18/2019 7:17 PM

Deja New wrote:

GuyB wrote:

Cookies?

Deja New wrote:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GxCuKTJd_aU

|

11/18/2019 7:20 PM

GuyB wrote:

Cookies?

Deja New wrote:

Some funny shit right there

|

11/18/2019 9:50 PM

This was done in Endurocross and it was exciting to see the guys totally hang it out.

Basically it was top 2 from each of the 3 heat races. So 6 guys going for gate pick. Took less than 10 minutes during the show. It was fun! The number of riders that do it for a Supercross could be different since the gates are bigger.

|

11/19/2019 12:03 AM

I think Superpole is a great thing to watch, and I’m presuming the riders like it also.

My version of super pole
- Top 8 fastest qualifiers get to be in super pole
- Does not matter if they are on a 250 or 450
- Winner gets 1 single championship point
(regardless of what coast or size bike)

Would be cool to see.

|

11/19/2019 12:35 AM

Put a load of money on the line, watch them all lay down heaters. Seems like a great idea to me

|