Tony_Wright wrote:

Any word on Blake? Insiders?? JT?

Insiders...Jt....Lawyers....

|

2/8/2021 5:44 PM

Me too! Good spoiler

|

2/8/2021 6:36 PM

I guess anyone in the know would have to kill anyone who finds out WTF happened with Baggett...

"I could tell ya....but I'd have to kill ya".

Seriously lame.

|

I was raised just off HWY 126 in Valencia during the 80's.

2/8/2021 6:44 PM

I HERD HES GOING BACK TOO SUZUKI 😁

|

2/8/2021 7:28 PM
Edited Date/Time: 2/8/2021 7:30 PM

ShawdowGlen wrote:

I guess anyone in the know would have to kill anyone who finds out WTF happened with Baggett...

"I could tell ya....but I'd ...more

The team owes the guy 300K. Last I heard he was 50/50 on retirement

|

2/8/2021 7:55 PM

ShawdowGlen wrote:

"I could tell ya....but I'd ...more

Cashmore wrote:

Strong username to post content correlation!

|

2/8/2021 9:13 PM

Not saying 300k is not a lot of money because it is .But I would think if i could make that a week or more ( win bonus ) i would be on the line .

|

A big Thank you to FLY racing. OMA KTM. 100%. DT-1 Motorex and Bell helmets . Racing for you JG96

2/8/2021 9:16 PM

OR Racer46 wrote:

Not saying 300k is not a lot of money because it is .But I would think if i could make that a week or more ( win bonus ) i ...more

And if the team didn't pay you-You wouldn't.

|

2/8/2021 9:37 PM

OR Racer46 wrote:

Not saying 300k is not a lot of money because it is .But I would think if i could make that a week or more ( win bonus ) i ...more

Usually, people stop showing up for work when they're not getting paid.

|

"Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz the tower."

2/8/2021 11:00 PM

Cashmore wrote:

Thanks for clearing that up.

Is that confirmed or rumor?

Sucks if it's the real deal.

|

I was raised just off HWY 126 in Valencia during the 80's.

2/8/2021 11:02 PM

OR Racer46 wrote:

-MAVERICK- wrote:

Usually, people stop showing up for work when they're not getting paid.

Or find a different job! Or work for themselves! Haha wish he was out there, or at least not MIA

|

2/9/2021 12:15 AM

dirtworldmx wrote:

Strong username to post content correlation!

It’s my first and last name. K

|

2/9/2021 12:16 AM

ShawdowGlen wrote:

Thanks for clearing that up.

Is that confirmed or rumor?

Sucks if it's the real deal.

My number may be off but it’s true

|

2/9/2021 12:17 AM
Edited Date/Time: 2/9/2021 12:21 AM

OR Racer46 wrote:

So he should show up for a win bonus, after they didn’t pay the last one? He was smart with his money and started a company with his dad. He is just fine and doesn’t need to race anymore to make a good living.

|

2/9/2021 12:56 AM

OR Racer46 wrote:

If he's still in contract, and they haven't paid him, he's not gonna work for them.

He also can't line up for someone else if he's still in contract. If he breaches his contract that gives RMATVMXRMATV a get out of jail free card to not pay him.

|

Braaaaaaaap!!

2/9/2021 5:09 AM

Should we boycott RM ATV MC?

|

2/9/2021 6:34 AM

mx 219 wrote:

Is RMATVMC the one that hasn't paid him?

|

2/9/2021 6:44 AM

OT wrote:

If he's still in contract, and they haven't paid him, he's not gonna work for them.

He also can't line up for someone else if ...more

Pretty sure that's nail on the head, OT.

Even if Blake wanted to line up...even if he had an offer from some sponsors or a team that would allow him to ride at the level that RMATVMXRMATV was...he'd ultimately probably lose the money owed him (by his account), and set a precedent in the industry.

|

2/9/2021 6:56 AM

#mediablackout

|

Tomac and/or Anderson for 2020.....

2/9/2021 7:32 AM

He had wrist surgery, he can’t ride yet. If I was a betting man, I’d bet retirement.

When making judgment on people, there is always two sides. Sometimes guys don’t get paid because they don’t do the things they are asked to do.

|

2/9/2021 8:03 AM

mx 219 wrote:

Please tell me this was sarcasm....

|

2/9/2021 8:04 AM

Wasn't his ranch up for sale not too long ago?

|

Unleaded tastes a little tangy. Supreme is kinda sour, and diesel tastes pretty good.

2/9/2021 8:18 AM
Edited Date/Time: 2/9/2021 8:19 AM

Anyone know why RMATV haven't paid him? And wasn't there talk of RMATV pulling out of SX/MX?

|

2/9/2021 8:28 AM

I honestly hadn't even noticed he wasn't out there

|

2/9/2021 9:43 AM

Photo
|

2/9/2021 10:35 AM

From my understanding And i really have no idea , But i think this was due to the Covid and how last year teams did not get the exposer that they had banked on . I look at it this way. . If my Employer came to me and said Hey i know this sucks but we didnt get paid for the jobs we completed last week so i can not pay you . But we do have a bunch of work coming up and they will pay deposits so we can make sure you get paid . At that point i would have to look at the lose vs what i could make going forward . Would i be happy about it No. but things happen . Also i would think He could use it as a write off . Another guess is maybe he is just over Moto right now Tired of getting hurt and now not getting paid what he feels he should plus wants to be with his family more ? Regardless i wish the best for Blake .

|

A big Thank you to FLY racing. OMA KTM. 100%. DT-1 Motorex and Bell helmets . Racing for you JG96

2/9/2021 4:03 PM

str8line wrote:

Anyone know why RMATV haven't paid him? And wasn't there talk of RMATV pulling out of SX/MX?

Its not RMATV, its Butler Bros

|

2/9/2021 4:12 PM

OR Racer46 wrote:

From my understanding And i really have no idea , But i think this was due to the Covid and how last year teams did not get ...more

Exactly. You just write if off. Thats how tax works. Thanks for that Kramer

|

2/9/2021 4:21 PM

OR Racer46 wrote:

From my understanding And i really have no idea , But i think this was due to the Covid and how last year teams did not get ...more

I believe it is commonplace for some rider contracts to specify a Per race basis rather than a salary to cover the entire year. This helps reduce financial obligations for the team since the chances of injury are so high and common. So let’s say the rider breaks their wrist and can’t race for 6 weeks, the team would not pay the per race amount specified in the contract.

I think an injury scenario is clear. But races being cancelled due to COVID? Not so clear. If the rider was able and willing to race, but the race was cancelled due to unforeseen circumstances, is the team still obligated to pay the rider for each cancelled race? I think this is where BB is arguing he SHOULD have still been paid for those shows because technically he did not break any contractual language. Butler is using the approach of no race, no pay, end of story. It will be up to the courts to determine if there was in fact a breech of contract and who will prevail.

|