Hymas, Ryder D, Deegan

Related:
Create New Tag

5/17/2022 8:18 AM

When are these guys making their pro debut? I thought I saw that Deegan was doing Red Bud. I got to wondering because I was thinking about guys who won their first pro race. Tomac and Barcia were the last guys weren't they? Hymas looks like he just might have the speed to be the next guy to do it, would be incredible against this field.

|

5/17/2022 8:25 AM

I thought I heard Hymas might do a few nationals this year but not 100% sure

|

5/17/2022 8:28 AM

Barcia went 9-3 at his first outdoor national, 2009 glen helen. He just led most of the 1st and 2nd moto. Tomac was the real deal but fell apart after the 4th moto of the season.

Super unlikely to ever happen again.

|

Juniormediate Pro

5/17/2022 9:03 AM

soggy wrote:

I thought I heard Hymas might do a few nationals this year but not 100% sure

He'll do the last four after LL's.

|

5/17/2022 9:08 AM

str8line wrote:

When are these guys making their pro debut? I thought I saw that Deegan was doing Red Bud. I got to wondering because I was ...more

Eli Tomac is the only one who won an outdoor national on his pro debut.

James Stewart was close but got second on his pro debut, but that was in Supercross.

|

5/17/2022 9:37 AM

It’s too damn bad these kids can’t make their pro debut in a 125 feeder class. It clearly works for MXGP

|

5/17/2022 9:47 AM

Skerby wrote:

Barcia went 9-3 at his first outdoor national, 2009 glen helen. He just led most of the 1st and 2nd moto. Tomac was the real ...more

He melted down in the Texas heat in the second moto at Freestone (second round) and wasn't the same for the rest of that summer...

DC
Racer X

|

5/17/2022 9:49 AM

str8line wrote:

When are these guys making their pro debut? I thought I saw that Deegan was doing Red Bud. I got to wondering because I was ...more

ML512 wrote:

James Stewart was close but got second on his pro ...more

Marty Smith, Hangtown 1974, but then again it was the first-ever 125 National!

Brad Lackey also won his first outdoor national, 1972 Cal Expo 500 National.

Carry on.

DC
Racer X

|

5/17/2022 9:54 AM

str8line wrote:

ML512 wrote:

James Stewart was close but got second on his pro ...more

DC wrote:

Marty Smith, Hangtown 1974, but then again it was the first-ever 125 National!

Brad Lackey also won his first outdoor ...more

Was Lackey’s pro debut on the 500? I didn’t know how to classify Marty’s since it was the first ever but I didn’t have a clue in Lackey’s result.

|

5/17/2022 9:55 AM

Seems hard to tell about deegan... wasn't the original plan to run b in 22 and a in 23 with pro in 24 when he's 18? His lap times seem solid indoors and out, but hope he doesn't move up until he is truly ready...

|

www.bettercallsaul.com
Die Antwoord

5/17/2022 10:38 AM

Back to the OP question, I heard Ryder D say in a Swap Moto interview that the plan is to do the last few nationals after LLs, assuming he's healthy and does well at LL. They don't seem to be in any hurry to move him up.

You have to also look at who's moved up lately and done really well? I bet the way things have gone for high-profile riders like Jett Reynolds, Levi Kitchen and Max Vohland has given a few teams reason to hit the brakes a bit on moving up.

|

5/17/2022 11:10 AM

gt80rider wrote:

Seems hard to tell about deegan... wasn't the original plan to run b in 22 and a in 23 with pro in 24 when he's 18? His lap ...more

They will def move him up too soon. He seems really good at supercross, I wonder if he could go pro at Anaheim next year

|

5/17/2022 12:40 PM

gt80rider wrote:

Seems hard to tell about deegan... wasn't the original plan to run b in 22 and a in 23 with pro in 24 when he's 18? His lap ...more

GG121 wrote:

They will def move him up too soon. He seems really good at supercross, I wonder if he could go pro at Anaheim next year

Part of that equation is that Star lost all of their championship contenders after this year. So far they only have Kitchen and Thrasher.

|

5/17/2022 1:02 PM

Skerby wrote:

Barcia went 9-3 at his first outdoor national, 2009 glen helen. He just led most of the 1st and 2nd moto. Tomac was the real ...more

DC wrote:

He melted down in the Texas heat in the second moto at Freestone (second round) and wasn't the same for the rest of that ...more

yeah the heat was bad that year. remembrer him getting heat exhaustion and did not recover well.

|

5/17/2022 1:48 PM

gt80rider wrote:

GG121 wrote:

We'll get there when its time

|

"A link is only as long as your longest strong chain"

5/17/2022 3:24 PM

scootch wrote:

It’s too damn bad these kids can’t make their pro debut in a 125 feeder class. It clearly works for MXGP

You know DC saw this, lol.

|

5/17/2022 3:25 PM

Deegan is a year behind Ryder and Hymas....always has been

|

I’M NOT F*#$ING SWAP….OK!

5/17/2022 5:34 PM

Skerby wrote:

DC wrote:

He melted down in the Texas heat in the second moto at Freestone (second round) and wasn't the same for the rest of that ...more

dboivin wrote:

yeah the heat was bad that year. remembrer him getting heat exhaustion and did not recover well.

That was brutal.
My truck thought it was 140 degrees when we were leaving.
I know it wasn't right, but it summed up the day.

|

Go for it! Don't let a little thing like fear, or common sense hold you back.

5/17/2022 7:09 PM

gt80rider wrote:

I believe he will do b class this year and a next as you said, but he will race some nationals after(or maybe even before) LL.

|

5/20/2022 5:48 AM

Hymas is by FAR the fastest of these names right now. DeSanFransisco needs some more speed and Deegan needs to grow a little, get smarter on the bike, less mistakes, and blitz the whoops.

|

I'm just here to stir sh#t up...

5/20/2022 6:34 AM

I think Hymas has the most upside too. Along with his pro speed he already has that pro smoothness. If I had to compare him to a successful pro, it would be Dungey.

|

5/20/2022 8:30 AM

gt80rider wrote:

Can someone explain these classes? Why is a super hyped factory rider racing B class instead of A? Genuine question.

|

5/20/2022 8:42 AM

gt80rider wrote:

team_player wrote:

Can someone explain these classes? Why is a super hyped factory rider racing B class instead of A? Genuine question.

Nobody knows.

|

5/20/2022 9:42 AM

gt80rider wrote:

team_player wrote:

Because he has a lot of promise and you want to lock him up. this isn't that uncommon, most just don't have a youtube page with 1.2 million subscribers

|

5/20/2022 10:27 AM
Edited Date/Time: 5/20/2022 10:32 AM

team_player wrote:

There is a progression in amateur racing. Most kids start on a 50cc motorcycle, then progress to a 65, then a 85, and then a supermini. From supermini kids have 3 choices: (1) race schoolboy/125, (2) skip schoolboy and advance to B class, or (3) skip schoolboy and B class and advance to A class. Deegan was racing a supermini last year, and he elected to skip schoolboy and instead advance himself to B class. RC and Stewart are the only riders I can think of that went from mini bikes straight to A class.

I will also add if Deegan progresses quickly on the 250f and appears to be a transcendent talent, he can skip the A class next year and go straight to pro. That is what happened with Dungey and Tomac.

|

5/20/2022 10:36 AM

Zoom wrote:

I think Hymas has the most upside too. Along with his pro speed he already has that pro smoothness. If I had to compare him to ...more

He looked about as smooth and as fast as the top pro's to my eyes. Anyone remember how his lap times compared?

|

5/20/2022 11:52 AM

GrapeApe wrote:

There is a progression in amateur racing. Most kids start on a 50cc motorcycle, then progress to a 65, then a 85, and then a ...more

Isn’t Viney racing A this year after supermini last year ?

|

5/20/2022 12:35 PM
Edited Date/Time: 5/20/2022 2:03 PM

team_player wrote:

GrapeApe wrote:

There is a progression in amateur racing. Most kids start on a 50cc motorcycle, then progress to a 65, then a 85, and then a ...more

lestat wrote:

Yeah.

Edit: Racing the 1st round of the Pro Nationals next weekend. #943 Honda.

|

"Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz the tower."

5/20/2022 1:59 PM

gt80rider wrote:

team_player wrote:

Because he just moved up to 250's and the other two have been on 250's for a year longer than him...but you would have know that if you would have read through this thread....

|

I’M NOT F*#$ING SWAP….OK!

5/20/2022 2:27 PM

team_player wrote:

GrapeApe wrote:

lestat wrote:

Don't know, never heard of him.

|