Husky's

NP301
Edited Date/Time 4/22/2012 6:07pm
Anybody notice a growing amount of husky's? I saw 4 at the last race I was at.
|
wardy
4/18/2012 6:30am
they are all over here in IL. I would bet there are 50-60 racing here every weekend. Best contingency on the planet.
newmann
4/18/2012 6:34am
Their 125/144 sure is a sweet looking bike.
NP301
4/18/2012 6:55am
newmann wrote:
Their 125/144 sure is a sweet looking bike.
Yeah but I have seen multiple 450's too!!
Ing
4/18/2012 7:00am
Good to see them making a bigger come back. They're good bikes.

The Shop

jndmx
4/18/2012 7:05am
wardy wrote:
they are all over here in IL. I would bet there are 50-60 racing here every weekend. Best contingency on the planet.
Saw quite a few last weekend here.

They have really stepped up the payout schedule, we have a bunch of Husky days this year.

Dowdy and his son both looked good on theirs last Saturday.
SwapperMX
4/18/2012 7:05am
There is a massive number of Huskys here in Aus. Mainly due to some good marketing, good distributor support, and strong dealerships selling them. Also, the price of the Huskys has been much cheaper than the competition. We miss the contingency though. I dont remember seeing any at the nationals. The team that was put together here barely lasted a year.
Spartacus
4/18/2012 7:08am
I long for days like we had in the 70's with its amazing amounts of brands to choose from.

If you liked to slide, buy a Bultaco/Ossa. Want the best front suspension, Maico was your bike. Super sharp cornering, Husky was there and bomb proof tranny/motor look no farther then CZ. Woods freaks lived for Pentons and the list goes on and on including crude 'dual purpose' bikes from Asia that people struggled to turn into real dirt bikes.

Yeah, the bikes were as crude as a stone ax but really simple to work on and modify without a chest of tools and a 1" thick manual.

My current plan is to finish my CR500 AF conversion project, sell it and buy something one off from a Euro manufacturer other them KTM.
NP301
4/18/2012 7:08am
wardy wrote:
jndmx wrote:
Saw quite a few last weekend here. They have really stepped up the payout schedule, we have a bunch of Husky days this year. Dowdy and...
Saw quite a few last weekend here.

They have really stepped up the payout schedule, we have a bunch of Husky days this year.

Dowdy and his son both looked good on theirs last Saturday.
They pay every round @ NESC!
Phil Collins
4/18/2012 7:14am
Spartacus wrote:
I long for days like we had in the 70's with its amazing amounts of brands to choose from. If you liked to slide, buy a...
I long for days like we had in the 70's with its amazing amounts of brands to choose from.

If you liked to slide, buy a Bultaco/Ossa. Want the best front suspension, Maico was your bike. Super sharp cornering, Husky was there and bomb proof tranny/motor look no farther then CZ. Woods freaks lived for Pentons and the list goes on and on including crude 'dual purpose' bikes from Asia that people struggled to turn into real dirt bikes.

Yeah, the bikes were as crude as a stone ax but really simple to work on and modify without a chest of tools and a 1" thick manual.

My current plan is to finish my CR500 AF conversion project, sell it and buy something one off from a Euro manufacturer other them KTM.
You and me both. I am putting together my current project, (125SX) racing myself back into shape, and buying something new and European for the 2013 season, so will probably be a 2014 model. TM, Ossa or Husky, and I can say that the Husky is 2k+ cheaper than the first 2. Also waiting to see if anything materializes with a new suzuki or yamaha 2S.
NP301
4/18/2012 7:34am
Here are your options for European:

4/18/2012 8:44am
well they are considerably cheaper than any other manufacturer and have great factory support to go along with it
Spartacus
4/18/2012 8:46am
Now if we could just get the Euros to put the shift level back on the RIGHT where God intended it to be we'd be all set.
yota
4/18/2012 8:57am
yeah right, Maico. like that's going to happen anytime soon.
PC
4/18/2012 8:57am
What? A positive thread about Husky....

Love my Husky smokers. Best bikes I've ever owned and best dealer support ever by Bill's Husky in Salem, OR. He stocks EVERYTHING for smokers. In 3 years of ownership I've never had to wait for a part to be ordered.

You should see how many Husky's are in the woods and GP's around here. Reminds me of KTM 12 years ago.....
Spartacus
4/18/2012 9:11am
yota wrote:
yeah right, Maico. like that's going to happen anytime soon.
Truth that.
JIM256
4/18/2012 9:24am
PC wrote:
What? A positive thread about Husky.... Love my Husky smokers. Best bikes I've ever owned and best dealer support ever by Bill's Husky in Salem, OR...
What? A positive thread about Husky....

Love my Husky smokers. Best bikes I've ever owned and best dealer support ever by Bill's Husky in Salem, OR. He stocks EVERYTHING for smokers. In 3 years of ownership I've never had to wait for a part to be ordered.

You should see how many Husky's are in the woods and GP's around here. Reminds me of KTM 12 years ago.....
Yep...Husky is on the move and very similar to KTM a few years back. They are selling a ton of off road models and have big plans to jump back into the US racing scene. Just imagine if Mitch @ PC goes old school and starts to develop Husky like he did way back in the day. You know he has a soft soft for Husky. It would be so cool to see happen...
4/18/2012 9:53am
And Husky is a great brand. Absolutely great group of people. Theyre run like a family owned business rather than some giant corporate slug.

A lot of missing Euro brands from that list above tho.

KTM (austrian)
Husky (italian)
TM (italian)
GasGas (spanish)
Beta (italian)
Husaberg (sweden)

Fantic (italian)
Sherco (spanish... but french owned and nearly in france)
Ossa (spanish)

The Euro dirtbike scene is alive and well. If the World Offroad scene was given more press in the USA, I think more of us would be aware of just how many good bikes there are outside of the Japanese manufacturers.

And Im not sure but I think that when you buy a Husky 125 it comes with the big bore kit as a free accessory. Someone correct me if Im wrong.
MtnBoy
4/18/2012 10:00am
And Husky is a great brand. Absolutely great group of people. Theyre run like a family owned business rather than some giant corporate slug. A lot...
And Husky is a great brand. Absolutely great group of people. Theyre run like a family owned business rather than some giant corporate slug.

A lot of missing Euro brands from that list above tho.

KTM (austrian)
Husky (italian)
TM (italian)
GasGas (spanish)
Beta (italian)
Husaberg (sweden)

Fantic (italian)
Sherco (spanish... but french owned and nearly in france)
Ossa (spanish)

The Euro dirtbike scene is alive and well. If the World Offroad scene was given more press in the USA, I think more of us would be aware of just how many good bikes there are outside of the Japanese manufacturers.

And Im not sure but I think that when you buy a Husky 125 it comes with the big bore kit as a free accessory. Someone correct me if Im wrong.
x2

A lot of people here would be blown away how fast the EWC guys go on the "off" brand Euro bikes.
newmann
4/18/2012 10:04am
So just how much of a Husky is made by Kymco?
4/18/2012 10:11am
they have HUGE rebates and incentives dealers are blowing them out in my area. a couple people who have them are having issues, not starting, motors grenading etc. i know BMW has some of those motors made in the Kymco factory in Tawain. very few around us.
hothands
4/18/2012 11:15am
wardy wrote:
Not just contingency, but IL also has the best Husky dealer in the US: Hall's Cycles.

I love my 2011 TXC 250, I didn't get it from Hall's, bought it used, but they were so helpful and knowledgeable when my dad and I went to get parts the other day. Definitely worth the 4 hour drive there and back.
Phil Collins
4/18/2012 12:25pm
I want to see a moto -prepped Ossa so badly. I just can't wrap my head around headlights and 18in rears.
swedishfishmx
Fantasy
3811th
4/18/2012 12:41pm
wardy wrote:
hothands wrote:
Not just contingency, but IL also has the best Husky dealer in the US: Hall's Cycles. I love my 2011 TXC 250, I didn't get it...
Not just contingency, but IL also has the best Husky dealer in the US: Hall's Cycles.

I love my 2011 TXC 250, I didn't get it from Hall's, bought it used, but they were so helpful and knowledgeable when my dad and I went to get parts the other day. Definitely worth the 4 hour drive there and back.
Did you get the EFI tuned?
hothands
4/18/2012 12:57pm Edited Date/Time 4/18/2012 12:58pm
wardy wrote:
hothands wrote:
Not just contingency, but IL also has the best Husky dealer in the US: Hall's Cycles. I love my 2011 TXC 250, I didn't get it...

Did you get the EFI tuned?
It was used and the EFI had already been tuned by the guy I bought it from.
4/18/2012 1:20pm
Husky engine is Chinese, kymco, right? Other parts? This why the bike prices are low?
Chinese mfgrs have taken over many consumer item industries. Dirt bikes are next?
hothands
4/18/2012 1:57pm
Husky engine is Chinese, kymco, right? Other parts? This why the bike prices are low? Chinese mfgrs have taken over many consumer item industries. Dirt bikes...
Husky engine is Chinese, kymco, right? Other parts? This why the bike prices are low?
Chinese mfgrs have taken over many consumer item industries. Dirt bikes are next?
Kymco is Taiwanese I think and I'm not sure but I think they only build the 449/511 engine. The other parts on the bikes come from mostly European manufactures and some Japanese.
4/18/2012 1:58pm
Husky engine is Chinese, kymco, right? Other parts? This why the bike prices are low? Chinese mfgrs have taken over many consumer item industries. Dirt bikes...
just bc its chinese doesn't mean its bad, i guarantee you most every other bike manufacturer out there is outsourcing at least a little bit to the chinese. It's a smart business move, cheaper labor= bigger profit

plus since husky is so cheap (compared the the other brands) that's where most people are going for new bikes, my next bike will be a husky 125/144
ATKpilot99
4/18/2012 2:00pm
newmann wrote:
So just how much of a Husky is made by Kymco?
Isn't it just the engine on the 449 ?

Post a reply to: Husky's

The Latest