Husky should start a small satellite 2 smoke team

Related:
Create New Tag

8/13/2017 8:33 AM

Was at unadilla yesterday haven t gone in a couple years. My first race there was 1986 at the usgp .What made my whole day was hearing and seeing stankdog on that husky 125. Miss the old days a lot of people my age don t go anymore because they miss the two strokes.

|

8/13/2017 8:49 AM

Dmcc wrote:

Was at unadilla yesterday haven t gone in a couple years. My first race there was 1986 at the usgp .What made my whole day was hearing and seeing stankdog on that husky 125. Miss the old days a lot of people my age don t go anymore because they miss the two strokes.

"... a lot of people my age don t go anymore because they miss the two strokes."

Sure.

|

Not much to say to Vitards.

8/13/2017 8:58 AM

teams are still racing to win, right?

|

8/13/2017 9:42 AM

Brent wrote:

teams are still racing to win, right?

That's what I thought. Maybe the vital 2 stroke fans can make an account, donate and start their own team? Donate a couple grand apiece.

|

8/13/2017 9:49 AM

Yes and to most of all make money

|

8/13/2017 11:02 AM

I think it would work out pretty damn well. Take some guys that aren't racing for a salary, provide them with a little incentive, some bikes, and parts support and turn them loose. There's probably ten guys on that gate who know they have even a slight chance of winning a moto, so why not capitalize on gaining fans and hyping up the crowd in other ways?

|

Make Hillclimb Great Again

Ratbeach Racing

Instagram / YouTube: @485Josh

3dpmoto.com



8/13/2017 11:15 AM

They can take a few people from the 15-30 placement area most of which are being paid a very small salary or nothing at all and get them on some factory Husky 2 strokes. I'm not going to get in depth on how it's all supposed to work out but on the surface it sounds really cool and it would be cool if it could happen, but it won't.

|

8/14/2017 5:01 AM

Dmcc wrote:

Was at unadilla yesterday haven t gone in a couple years. My first race there was 1986 at the usgp .What made my whole day was hearing and seeing stankdog on that husky 125. Miss the old days a lot of people my age don t go anymore because they miss the two strokes.

OneWordResponseGuy wrote:

"... a lot of people my age don t go anymore because they miss the two strokes."

Sure.

I assume all those people are buying new 2 strokes every year? because what I see is 2 stroke die hards LOVE riding old 2 strokes not buying new ones every year isn't helping their cause. Show the factories that's what you want buying spending your money with them, if they see a market they will build a race team. 10 guys waving over a fence at a national isn't going to build a race team or get them to build more 2 strokes.

|

8/14/2017 6:05 AM

Brent wrote:

teams are still racing to win, right?

When did selling bikes drop out of the equation? unsure

|

8/14/2017 6:09 AM

Dmcc wrote:

Was at unadilla yesterday haven t gone in a couple years. My first race there was 1986 at the usgp .What made my whole day was hearing and seeing stankdog on that husky 125. Miss the old days a lot of people my age don t go anymore because they miss the two strokes.

OneWordResponseGuy wrote:

"... a lot of people my age don t go anymore because they miss the two strokes."

Sure.

526 wrote:

I assume all those people are buying new 2 strokes every year? because what I see is 2 stroke die hards LOVE riding old 2 strokes not buying new ones every year isn't helping their cause. Show the factories that's what you want buying spending your money with them, if they see a market they will build a race team. 10 guys waving over a fence at a national isn't going to build a race team or get them to build more 2 strokes.

X2, I doubt if Honda cares you bought a 10 year cr.

|

8/14/2017 6:22 AM

mxb2 wrote:

X2, I doubt if Honda cares you bought a 10 year cr.

The OP said Husky, right? Doesn't Husky make a 125? Why is it so off the wall to suggest them supporting a couple guys to race it? To say every team out there is only trying to win is comical.

|

8/14/2017 6:32 AM

526 wrote:

I assume all those people are buying new 2 strokes every year? because what I see is 2 stroke die hards LOVE riding old 2 strokes not buying new ones every year isn't helping their cause. Show the factories that's what you want buying spending your money with them, if they see a market they will build a race team. 10 guys waving over a fence at a national isn't going to build a race team or get them to build more 2 strokes.

mxb2 wrote:

X2, I doubt if Honda cares you bought a 10 year cr.

731chopper wrote:

The OP said Husky, right? Doesn't Husky make a 125? Why is it so off the wall to suggest them supporting a couple guys to race it? To say every team out there is only trying to win is comical.

Maybe husky is okay with their 450/250. riders. results. And don't want to spend any more $$ on riders in 20-25th place. Or the vital 2 guys can form their own team,. Plenty of deep pockets on vital, pretty sure 15-20 posters can donate enough to get something started.

|

8/14/2017 7:01 AM

mxb2 wrote:

Maybe husky is okay with their 450/250. riders. results. And don't want to spend any more $$ on riders in 20-25th place. Or the vital 2 guys can form their own team,. Plenty of deep pockets on vital, pretty sure 15-20 posters can donate enough to get something started.

I'm not suggesting they replace their factory team. I'm talking about giving small support to a couple of guys. Some free bikes and parts. There are a thousand worse ways to spend $50,000 promoting a product you sell and a brand as a whole.

|

8/14/2017 7:49 AM

731chopper wrote:

The OP said Husky, right? Doesn't Husky make a 125? Why is it so off the wall to suggest them supporting a couple guys to race it? To say every team out there is only trying to win is comical.

mxb2 wrote:

Maybe husky is okay with their 450/250. riders. results. And don't want to spend any more $$ on riders in 20-25th place. Or the vital 2 guys can form their own team,. Plenty of deep pockets on vital, pretty sure 15-20 posters can donate enough to get something started.

731chopper wrote:

I'm not suggesting they replace their factory team. I'm talking about giving small support to a couple of guys. Some free bikes and parts. There are a thousand worse ways to spend $50,000 promoting a product you sell and a brand as a whole.

Because nothing is free, bikes, travel, parts. Etc. Who will pay for the travel ? Some only go to local rounds.

|

8/14/2017 8:13 AM

Generally, manufacturers field teams in an effort to win. They don't put them on the track in an effort to stoked out a few old dudes along the fence.

|

8/14/2017 8:25 AM

GuyB wrote:

Generally, manufacturers field teams in an effort to win. They don't put them on the track in an effort to stoked out a few old dudes along the fence.

Come on man, that's common sense. What % of 2 stroke dudes buy current bikes or attend any national? Not going to a race because of lack of 2 strokes is the. Perfect non-fan.

|

8/14/2017 8:30 AM

Almost no one under 30 cares about racing two strokes in pro motocross.

It's all old people with fond memories.

|

8/14/2017 8:32 AM

This is what I think. Manufacturers reason to race at the end of the day it's to promote their product. Giving Stankdog some support and getting some points would do a lot for the brand and the bike.

|

8/14/2017 9:01 AM

Brent wrote:

Almost no one under 30 cares about racing two strokes in pro motocross.

It's all old people with fond memories.

I am 47 and give two shits about 2 strokes let it go I say ....... I don't want Drum Brakes on my cars or a button on the floor to turn on my brights either.

|

8/14/2017 9:32 AM

Brent wrote:

Almost no one under 30 cares about racing two strokes in pro motocross.

It's all old people with fond memories.

526 wrote:

I am 47 and give two shits about 2 strokes let it go I say ....... I don't want Drum Brakes on my cars or a button on the floor to turn on my brights either.

Really? The floor brights button was great.

|

8/14/2017 9:48 AM

I live 2 strokes, but 4 strokes are just so much better race bikes at the moment that even I relented and figured out they they're not coming back.

|

8/14/2017 9:55 AM

This shit again?

I'm a die hard 2 stroke fan, but its not competitive at that level. Southwick as the exception when a local ringer scores some points on one occasionally.

|

8/14/2017 10:15 AM

mxb2 wrote:

Because nothing is free, bikes, travel, parts. Etc. Who will pay for the travel ? Some only go to local rounds.

Maybe there is a disconnect between what I am suggesting and what the OP is. I'm not saying to create an entire team, I'm saying give some support to guys that do travel the circuit. I know it is unpopular. Clearly it is and clearly KTM, Husky, and Yamaha don't feel it is worth doing.

Btw, I am under 30 and the next new bike I buy will be a two stroke. whistling

|

8/14/2017 10:16 AM
Edited Date/Time: 8/14/2017 10:16 AM

I'm not sure about starting up a team, but they should at least be getting Stankdog some parts. That seems like a no-brainer.

|

8/14/2017 10:17 AM

731chopper wrote:

Maybe there is a disconnect between what I am suggesting and what the OP is. I'm not saying to create an entire team, I'm saying give some support to guys that do travel the circuit. I know it is unpopular. Clearly it is and clearly KTM, Husky, and Yamaha don't feel it is worth doing.

Btw, I am under 30 and the next new bike I buy will be a two stroke. whistling

Like minds, there, posting at the same time.

|

8/14/2017 10:29 AM

If it's a stupid idea to promote a product you manufacture, then why bother manufacturing said product?

|

8/14/2017 10:36 AM

Dirty Points wrote:

I'm not sure about starting up a team, but they should at least be getting Stankdog some parts. That seems like a no-brainer.

Start a GoFundMe account for him cool

|

8/14/2017 10:39 AM

mxb2 wrote:

Start a GoFundMe account for him cool

?
I am talking about a professional relationship, not charity.

|

8/14/2017 12:01 PM

Dirty Points wrote:

I'm not sure about starting up a team, but they should at least be getting Stankdog some parts. That seems like a no-brainer.

mxb2 wrote:

Start a GoFundMe account for him cool

Dirty Points wrote:

?
I am talking about a professional relationship, not charity.

Figured if you wanted to see a 2 stroke out there bad enough. Help them out

|

8/14/2017 12:20 PM

Husky do support a 125 team, it's in the EMX125 championship.

|