Husky/ktm maps and tc

Related:
Create New Tag

2/20/2018 10:08 PM
Edited Date/Time: 2/20/2018 10:23 PM

Anyone have some explanation for the maps and traction control settings. 17 fc350

Ive been treating them like 4 seperate maps.
Map 2 - tc off - most agressive
Map 2 - tc on - second most aggressive
Map 1 - tc off - third most
Map 1 tc on - tamest

Is the tc actually active or is it just a mellower setting in the low end? Is my order/thought process accurate?

|

2/20/2018 10:15 PM

send it to Tokyo mods & use 1 map.

|

2/20/2018 10:23 PM

DTR830 wrote:

send it to Tokyo mods & use 1 map.

I don't need or want any more power honestly the engine feels perfect to me! Just trying to learn what the tc does really

|

2/21/2018 6:11 AM

yz133rider wrote:

Anyone have some explanation for the maps and traction control settings. 17 fc350

Map 1 tc on - tamest

Is the tc actually active or is it just a mellower setting in the low end? Is my order/thought process accurate?

Correct, TC is just a mellow setting where the ignition is retarded for less aggressive off the bottom. Supposed to keep traction better.

|

2/21/2018 6:21 AM

I have a 2017 FX 350. I don't think that is correct. Map 2 is the more aggressive than map 1 but the TC is a monitoring system that senses when the rear wheel accelerates sharply "spins" and then retards the timing. On black top (or anywhere you would get mad traction) TC would make no difference in the power delivery.

|

2/21/2018 7:26 AM

walleyeguy wrote:

I have a 2017 FX 350. I don't think that is correct. Map 2 is the more aggressive than map 1 but the TC is a monitoring system that senses when the rear wheel accelerates sharply "spins" and then retards the timing. On black top (or anywhere you would get mad traction) TC would make no difference in the power delivery.

See thats where im confused ive read its not an active type thing as you are suggesting. If it is id leave it on full time.

|

2/21/2018 7:53 AM
Edited Date/Time: 2/21/2018 7:59 AM

walleyeguy wrote:

These is no wheel speed sensor on a Husky. All the system does is pull ignition timing to try and mellow out the power.

|

Race Bike: 2018 KTM 350SXF

Other Bikes: 1985 CR80R, 1990 CR250R, 1998 PW80, Specialized Fuse Comp 29.

Sold: 2016 YZ250F, 2012 CRF250R

2/21/2018 7:58 AM

Holy misinformation batman.

The Traction Control (TC) function is integrated into the bikes’ ECUs, and activated by KTM’s all-new, bar-mounted Map-Selector Switch. Instead of using a sensor on the rear wheel, KTM’s TC system simply analyses throttle inputs against sudden increases in RPM, and retards the power accordingly (specifically via changes to the map’s ignition timing, not fuel) to maximise rear wheel traction.

|

2/21/2018 8:59 AM

ZXMustang wrote:

Holy misinformation batman.

The Traction Control (TC) function is integrated into the bikes’ ECUs, and activated by KTM’s all-new, bar-mounted Map-Selector Switch. Instead of using a sensor on the rear wheel, KTM’s TC system simply analyses throttle inputs against sudden increases in RPM, and retards the power accordingly (specifically via changes to the map’s ignition timing, not fuel) to maximise rear wheel traction.

Soooo exactly what I said?

|

Race Bike: 2018 KTM 350SXF

Other Bikes: 1985 CR80R, 1990 CR250R, 1998 PW80, Specialized Fuse Comp 29.

Sold: 2016 YZ250F, 2012 CRF250R

2/21/2018 8:59 AM

Correct. Technically it doesn't sense "wheel spin" because that is illegal. It senses an abrupt increase in RPM that it "relates to wheel spin" and retards the timing. I think it helps in the woods and where its real slippery but if you're trying to "drift" it can hinder more than help.

|

7/6/2018 9:34 AM

yz133rider wrote:

Map 1 tc on - tamest

I have an opinion as everyone does. For novice to expert, not pro. Map2TC is the most aggressive. Adding TC to the maps actually gets you hooked up faster. My first laps at Washougal with TC2 I overjumped, almost looped it 2 times and over jumped the large step up. It hooks up and rockets.

With the mapping there is no need to cut holes in side panels or spend $1000 on exhaust.

I moved from a KX450 that was yanking my arms out, however my FC is much faster.

|

7/6/2018 2:57 PM

walleyeguy wrote:

c0ncEpT wrote:

These is no wheel speed sensor on a Husky. All the system does is pull ignition timing to try and mellow out the power.

He has it right, it senses wheel spin by picking up a sharp increase in rpm. He did not mention a wheel sensor.

|