Husky. Press conference - Major announcement tonight!

Related:
Create New Tag

5/23/2014 5:02 PM

From Racer X Publisher.

Anyone want to take stab? is the announcement:

a) rider related
b) bike related
c) hover bears
d) sponsorship announcements?
e) full womens team
f) other

Photo

|

P.S. My sister Pizzah wants to get with you.

5/23/2014 5:07 PM

Rockstar Energy Husky team.

|

5/23/2014 5:31 PM
Edited Date/Time: 5/23/2014 5:32 PM

If Scotty Wallenberg is involved, I can only assume he and Husky have joined forces for a relaunch of Monark Motorcycles...tongue .tongue

|

5/23/2014 5:57 PM
Edited Date/Time: 5/23/2014 5:59 PM

|

5/23/2014 5:57 PM

Woah! What's this? Jason Anderson's Rockstar Energy Racing Husqvarna FC450, that's what!

Making the jump to the 450 class full time for the team is Jason Anderson, a rider the Rockstar Energy Racing team has long stood by and recently earned them their first professional championship. Anderson will contest Monster Energy Supercross and Lucas Oil Pro Motocross Championship aboard a FC450 machine. Because this is the bike’s first competitive season, the team is able to use the AMA works exemption rule.

[LINK TO IMAGE]

|

5/23/2014 6:03 PM

Jason's signing bonus! [LINK TO IMAGE]

|

5/23/2014 6:04 PM

TooOldToPlay wrote:

If Scotty Wallenberg is involved, I can only assume he and Husky have joined forces for a relaunch of Monark Motorcycles...tongue .tongue

That would be interesting.

|

5/23/2014 6:05 PM

JACK_Schit wrote:

Woah! What's this? Jason Anderson's Rockstar Energy Racing Husqvarna FC450, that's what!

Making the jump to the 450 class full time for the team is Jason Anderson, a rider the Rockstar Energy Racing team has long stood by and recently earned them their first professional championship. Anderson will contest Monster Energy Supercross and Lucas Oil Pro Motocross Championship aboard a FC450 machine. Because this is the bike’s first competitive season, the team is able to use the AMA works exemption rule.

[LINK TO IMAGE]

I hope they get that thing working good for him. It is always a plus to have more manufacturers out there racing. As a fan, I just hope that it doesn't hold him back.

|

5/23/2014 6:06 PM

Weird

|

5/23/2014 6:08 PM

Photo
|

5/23/2014 6:09 PM

Well that's a bummer. Great that another manufacturer is coming in but he was one of the only riders around who actually rode and looked good on the KTM

|

5/23/2014 6:11 PM

JJO741 wrote:

I hope they get that thing working good for him. It is always a plus to have more manufacturers out there racing. As a fan, I just hope that it doesn't hold him back.

They have his orange version working pretty good and it didn't seem to hold him back in sx!

|

5/23/2014 6:11 PM

TanHner36 wrote:

Well that's a bummer. Great that another manufacturer is coming in but he was one of the only riders around who actually rode and looked good on the KTM

You do realize that bike is basically a KTM with white plastic,

|

5/23/2014 6:25 PM

TanHner36 wrote:

ATKpilot99 wrote:

Basically - It is with a different rear sub frame, then they can use the exemption rule, double bonus

|

5/23/2014 6:31 PM

With Rockstar Money what do you think he is making $$$ 750K ?

|

5/23/2014 11:30 PM

TanHner36 wrote:

ATKpilot99 wrote:

Yeah,he"ll be as fast as on anything else.especially with all the winter testing,Ratray's season has been hindered by injury but hose 250s are Damn fast in MX2

|

(I also regret my username,funny at the time "you had to be there..")

5/24/2014 6:24 AM

I love the look of the bike!

|

Did i do that?

5/24/2014 6:46 AM

Maybe Husky will bring out a Steve Mcqueen limited edition kind of like the 1997.5 KTM Jack Piner model.

|

5/24/2014 7:10 AM

If the bike is not RED and have chrome side panels on the gas tank….it ain't a Husky. Plain and Simple.

I do wish them (Husky/KTM) success.

|

5/24/2014 7:11 AM

Maybe Husky can use Showa suspension. Could solve the whoop woes of Dungey, although maybe not as KRoc always looked pretty good in the whoops.

|

5/24/2014 8:50 AM

I hear all the time that the Husky is just a white KTM. Does anybody have anything factual to quantify these claims other than "KTM bought out Husky"?

|

5/24/2014 8:54 AM

Thats a nice looking bike

|

5/24/2014 9:11 AM

JeepnMike wrote:

I hear all the time that the Husky is just a white KTM. Does anybody have anything factual to quantify these claims other than "KTM bought out Husky"?

The components on the bike are either from Husaberg or KTM models. The subframe is its own design, but is the same idea as the Husaberg. The FC and TC bikes ARE basically KTMs with Husaberg plastic. The endure bikes (FE and TE) all have linkage suspension and the 4CS forks. Think of an XC-W or XC-WF with 4CS forks and linkage. Again, though, same components, just settings may be different.

|

Former Honda die hard and dealership guy. Now bleed Orange and KTM dealership guy.
nevadaktm.com
facebook.com/renoktm
mx775.com/blog
thestutteringscribe.wordpress.com
facebook.com/thestutteringscribe

5/24/2014 9:14 AM

JeepnMike wrote:

cingred wrote:

The components on the bike are either from Husaberg or KTM models. The subframe is its own design, but is the same idea as the Husaberg. The FC and TC bikes ARE basically KTMs with Husaberg plastic. The endure bikes (FE and TE) all have linkage suspension and the 4CS forks. Think of an XC-W or XC-WF with 4CS forks and linkage. Again, though, same components, just settings may be different.

I appreciate the reply! I have done some stare and compare trying to figure it out, I am just trying to fully understand.

Thanks!

|

5/24/2014 9:46 AM

Photo

Factory Husky from today's British MXGP
|

www.robkinsey.com
http://robkinseyart.wordpress.com
Accountant's only look at the bottom line, whereas an Artist see's it all!

5/24/2014 9:48 AM

JeepnMike wrote:

cingred wrote:

JeepnMike wrote:

I appreciate the reply! I have done some stare and compare trying to figure it out, I am just trying to fully understand.

Thanks!

You're welcome! It's all confusing and expect Husqvarna to have some unique models come out next year.

|

Former Honda die hard and dealership guy. Now bleed Orange and KTM dealership guy.
nevadaktm.com
facebook.com/renoktm
mx775.com/blog
thestutteringscribe.wordpress.com
facebook.com/thestutteringscribe

5/24/2014 9:53 AM

Photo

wink
|

Never try to argue with idiots; they will only bring you down to their level.....and being more experienced, they will beat you at their own game!

2020.5 KTM 450 SXF FE
2006 KX250

5/24/2014 11:56 AM

"Woah! What's this? Jason Anderson's Rockstar Energy Racing Husqvarna FC450, that's what!

Making the jump to the 450 class full time for the team is Jason Anderson"

Is this for 2014? Or next year? I got shifty service out here and can't get to practice times.

|