Hunter was pissed

str8line
Right after that epic battle Hunter wasn't about to act happy for his bro.
|
6/18/2022 3:04pm
I thought that.
It took them all the way to behind the podium to interact. I expected them to throw their bikes and wrap their arms around each other immediately they pulled off the track.

I can see them riding on different teams before long- they can’t both be a teams’ No.1 rider.
str8line
6/18/2022 3:12pm Edited Date/Time 6/18/2022 3:13pm
I thought that. It took them all the way to behind the podium to interact. I expected them to throw their bikes and wrap their arms...
I thought that.
It took them all the way to behind the podium to interact. I expected them to throw their bikes and wrap their arms around each other immediately they pulled off the track.

I can see them riding on different teams before long- they can’t both be a teams’ No.1 rider.
Yeah, I expected immediate high-fives. I missed the post-race interviews but when Jett crossed the line and rode off the track he didn't look over at Hunter right away and by the time he did Hunter wasn't looking at him. No need to read into anything too much but Hunter wants to win badly. This championship could turn into a difficult thing for both of them, understandably.
6/18/2022 3:12pm
Wasn't it stated somewhere when they announced that Hunter signed a two-year extension that Jett would move to the 450s for outdoors in 2023? If so, then they only have to race each other this season, assuming that they will be on different coasts for 250 supercross next year.
6/18/2022 3:19pm
Wasn't it stated somewhere when they announced that Hunter signed a two-year extension that Jett would move to the 450s for outdoors in 2023? If so...
Wasn't it stated somewhere when they announced that Hunter signed a two-year extension that Jett would move to the 450s for outdoors in 2023? If so, then they only have to race each other this season, assuming that they will be on different coasts for 250 supercross next year.
I meant moreso when they’re both full time 450 riders.

The Shop

lostboy819
Fantasy
1342nd
6/18/2022 3:31pm
I thought that. It took them all the way to behind the podium to interact. I expected them to throw their bikes and wrap their arms...
I thought that.

Well Hunter is not the No.1 rider anyway, Jett is and too bad if Hunter doesnt like it. Cool
6/18/2022 3:40pm
I thought that.

lostboy819 wrote:
Well Hunter is not the No.1 rider anyway, Jett is and too bad if Hunter doesnt like it. Cool
I’m well aware of that, but if another factory offered Hunter the chance to be their No.1, he surely has to jump, wouldn’t you think?
6/18/2022 3:49pm
I thought it was great! Both have hugh drive and determination. I’m sure when the adrenaline level dropped they were fine and happy for one another.
lostboy819
Fantasy
1342nd
6/18/2022 3:56pm
I thought that.

lostboy819 wrote:
I’m well aware of that, but if another factory offered Hunter the chance to be their No.1, he surely has to jump, wouldn’t you think?
I dont know, Team Honda is a pretty tough ride to get and some say its the top factory to ride for, so I bet he would stay but even if he did switch he would still get beat more times than not by Jett.
Cygrace74
6/18/2022 4:02pm
lostboy819 wrote:
I dont know, Team Honda is a pretty tough ride to get and some say its the top factory to ride for, so I bet he...
I dont know, Team Honda is a pretty tough ride to get and some say its the top factory to ride for, so I bet he would stay but even if he did switch he would still get beat more times than not by Jett.
How many times did Jett beat Hunter in the SX shootouts? Or who’s won more motos of the last 4?
6/18/2022 4:04pm
lostboy819 wrote:
lostboy819 wrote:
I dont know, Team Honda is a pretty tough ride to get and some say its the top factory to ride for, so I bet he...
Honda was certainly the top team at one time, no doubt. But I’m not sure it is any more. For me it wouldn’t even be in my top three.

Yamaha
KTM
Kawasaki.
(Just my opinion)
lostboy819
Fantasy
1342nd
6/18/2022 4:07pm
lostboy819 wrote:
Cygrace74 wrote:
How many times did Jett beat Hunter in the SX shootouts? Or who’s won more motos of the last 4?
Who has the big number 1 on his bike ?
lostboy819
Fantasy
1342nd
6/18/2022 4:09pm Edited Date/Time 6/18/2022 4:24pm
lostboy819 wrote:
Honda was certainly the top team at one time, no doubt. But I’m not sure it is any more. For me it wouldn’t even be in...
Honda was certainly the top team at one time, no doubt. But I’m not sure it is any more. For me it wouldn’t even be in my top three.

Yamaha
KTM
Kawasaki.
(Just my opinion)
Honda or Yamaha are my two top teams, no way I would sign with KTM unless I had no other option and Kawasaki only if they gave me buckets of cash.
motomike137
6/18/2022 4:15pm
I thought for sure Hunter was going to get it done but Jett just has that magic. Great race!
jambalaya
6/18/2022 4:16pm
After so many years of riders like Weimer who submitted to the number 1 rider it’s good to see
mx313
6/18/2022 4:17pm
What will changing teams do?
Nothing coz they will still be brothers. The color of the bike has nothing to do with siblings rivalry.
Coggl
6/18/2022 4:31pm
Man jet just gets the overalls. Cant blame Hunter being pissed
mb60
6/18/2022 5:43pm
Hunter is killing it. Getting beat by his teammate and little brother has to take a toll on him.
Cygrace74
6/18/2022 6:41pm
I know financially and trophy wise it’s bothering to lose. But I’ve never understood the focus on overalls when they don’t actually mean anything championship wise. It’s a stat that should be kept but I’ve always felt moto wins needs to be a bigger focus. Because today they really were equal (if you want to get nit picky Hunter beat Jett by more than Jett beat Hunter). Who won the second race of the day vs the first doesn’t actually say anything about who was better
bvm111
6/18/2022 6:50pm
i think the fire is starting to burn and will continue to drive him forward. He has ridden awesome the past few races and we will be treated to more motos like that… and they are brothers so the gloves are going to have to come off sooner or later!
johnk408
6/18/2022 6:55pm
Weege said Jett was signed until 2025 after hunter signed for 2 more years. That doesn’t sound right, but who knows. Either way, they will both be red for a few years together. Don’t see sexton leaving, so maybe roczen on the outs.
6/18/2022 7:08pm
Cygrace74 wrote:
I know financially and trophy wise it’s bothering to lose. But I’ve never understood the focus on overalls when they don’t actually mean anything championship wise...
I know financially and trophy wise it’s bothering to lose. But I’ve never understood the focus on overalls when they don’t actually mean anything championship wise. It’s a stat that should be kept but I’ve always felt moto wins needs to be a bigger focus. Because today they really were equal (if you want to get nit picky Hunter beat Jett by more than Jett beat Hunter). Who won the second race of the day vs the first doesn’t actually say anything about who was better
Dude that wins the second moto when the track is at its most brutal is the better rider, you could argue
Coggl
6/18/2022 7:17pm
Cygrace74 wrote:
I know financially and trophy wise it’s bothering to lose. But I’ve never understood the focus on overalls when they don’t actually mean anything championship wise...
Dude that wins the second moto when the track is at its most brutal is the better rider, you could argue
and more tired
OR Racer46
Fantasy
843rd
6/18/2022 7:50pm
If i had to guess i would guess they will give Roczen 1 more SX season , then it will be Jett and Chase in the 450 outdoors . And they will bring Hymas up and have Hunter and Hymas for outdoors .
mx313
6/18/2022 10:13pm
OR Racer46 wrote:
If i had to guess i would guess they will give Roczen 1 more SX season , then it will be Jett and Chase in the...
If i had to guess i would guess they will give Roczen 1 more SX season , then it will be Jett and Chase in the 450 outdoors . And they will bring Hymas up and have Hunter and Hymas for outdoors .
I think that's right but what I would like to see but prob won't happen.
Honda already have 5 contracted riders.
Get hunter to race sx West. And hymas to race sx east.
Get jett to race the 1st few West coast 450s. If he is top 5 leave him in 450s. If he isn't going great drop back and try defend the east coast. If hymas races sx next year he can have 0 pressure on him coz he will have jett there. If hymas 1st sx season is 24 he will be the sole hrc rider and have more pressure to deliver so I think the should get him up in sx next season and he did win the amateur rookie thing this season. Then let hunter race 1 or 2 450 sx races like daytona and another1.
mayzo
6/19/2022 4:01am
What anyone that’s isn’t an Aussie understands is,
Hunter won’t be happy Jett beat him but happy no one else did.
6/19/2022 4:16am
lostboy819 wrote:
Cygrace74 wrote:
Stop being silly.
6/19/2022 4:31am
In a sport where confidence is everything, id say hunter shouldnt worry. Jett came into this series with a huge amount of confidence, but hunter has been looking better and better and today he looked fantastic. Its just a matter of time, as long as he doesn’t let jett get inside his head.
VetRider97
6/19/2022 4:33am
str8line wrote:
Right after that epic battle Hunter wasn't about to act happy for his bro.
Thought the same when they pulled off track after Moto 2. They both want to win and are taking it seriously.
Richy
6/19/2022 4:42am Edited Date/Time 6/19/2022 4:42am
For sure, you can be happy for your brother - and we all know he is, they're both great lads - and still have that fire inside to want to be number 1.

It's just great to see them both laying it all out and fighting for wins regardless of who they're chasing, whether it's against each other or anyone else.

Also, I know Kenny didn't have as good a weekend as last week, but it was impressive to see him continuing to fight til the end as well, happy to see this turn around in his attitude.

Post a reply to: Hunter was pissed

The Latest