Hunter Lawrence coming to US MX Series at RedBud?

twotwosix
Edited Date/Time 8/11/2018 3:44pm
Is the rumor true?

|
agn5009
6/23/2018 6:44pm
I wouldn't be surprised. He hasn't been doing too well in the GPs. I hear his bike isn't very competitive. Who knows. With JMart out now the possibility is even greater.
JB479
6/23/2018 6:56pm
Maybe heading over to get help with bike setup/testing from Geico. I know hes been struggling with a few injuries but he hasnt really gelled with the honda compared to that outdated underpowered suzuki he was on last year. Also mxon is there, so probably not a bad idea really.
Kyle_McNab
6/23/2018 7:04pm
Underpowered suzuki ahahhaha he did better on that pos Suzuki even tho it’s outdated.. everyone on vital lives to shit on them oh well guess everyone is the next villopoto. I guess Roczen crushing everyone on the dinosaur wasn’t enough
JB479
6/23/2018 7:22pm
Kyle_McNab wrote:
Underpowered suzuki ahahhaha he did better on that pos Suzuki even tho it’s outdated.. everyone on vital lives to shit on them oh well guess everyone...
Underpowered suzuki ahahhaha he did better on that pos Suzuki even tho it’s outdated.. everyone on vital lives to shit on them oh well guess everyone is the next villopoto. I guess Roczen crushing everyone on the dinosaur wasn’t enough
Hunter even said it in an interview last year at usa mxgp. The Suzuki was the slowest factory bike in mx2. Seewer said the same thing.

The Shop

Nuffsaid
6/23/2018 7:41pm
The shine is coming off Hunter. He’s not competitive this year and his GP history is soon over, time to shut down the shop and move to a better location.
6/23/2018 7:44pm
Nuffsaid wrote:
The shine is coming off Hunter. He’s not competitive this year and his GP history is soon over, time to shut down the shop and move...
The shine is coming off Hunter. He’s not competitive this year and his GP history is soon over, time to shut down the shop and move to a better location.
Really????!!!!
6/23/2018 9:24pm
Nuffsaid wrote:
The shine is coming off Hunter. He’s not competitive this year and his GP history is soon over, time to shut down the shop and move...
Drunk or just no idea?
brimx153
6/23/2018 9:27pm Edited Date/Time 6/23/2018 9:29pm
Kyle_McNab wrote:
Underpowered suzuki ahahhaha he did better on that pos Suzuki even tho it’s outdated.. everyone on vital lives to shit on them oh well guess everyone...
JB479 wrote:
Hunter even said it in an interview last year at usa mxgp. The Suzuki was the slowest factory bike in mx2. Seewer said the same thing.
Seewer bike was fast last year . Very fast . Hunters bike was slow . But tbh his bike this year does nt look very fast either . I d bet a small fortune seewer bike last year was prob the second best bike . It s just them red bull KTM s are a sooooo much better than every thing else
6/24/2018 5:16am Edited Date/Time 6/24/2018 5:17am
brimx153 wrote:
Seewer bike was fast last year . Very fast . Hunters bike was slow . But tbh his bike this year does nt look very fast...
Seewer bike was fast last year . Very fast . Hunters bike was slow . But tbh his bike this year does nt look very fast either . I d bet a small fortune seewer bike last year was prob the second best bike . It s just them red bull KTM s are a sooooo much better than every thing else
All the PR at the start of the season said he would be using full GEICO engines and support in the Worlds.

He def had a rough year and has crashed a lot.

Bit rich to blame his current team............
6/24/2018 5:33am Edited Date/Time 6/24/2018 5:36am
German Championship today, Hunter won race 1 with 13 seconds over Max Nagl and 25 over Jacobi.
make1go
6/24/2018 5:58am
Nuffsaid wrote:
im pretty sure if you reach around you will find you have a very large sharp stick wedged up your ass, you might not have noticed it, but it is affecting your mental capacity..
Reggsie
6/24/2018 6:45am
Might be just a biased aussie but his bike really looks slower in a straight line than some of the others. Have been surprised a couple of times by how much time he would lose while in a battle along long straightaways.
Snapper
6/24/2018 8:24am
JB479 wrote:
So you're saying it's not a bike issue this year? If he's on a faster bike why isn't he doing as good?
ML512
Fantasy
54th
6/24/2018 8:44am Edited Date/Time 6/24/2018 8:45am
brimx153 wrote:
Seewer bike was fast last year . Very fast . Hunters bike was slow . But tbh his bike this year does nt look very fast...
darren7878 wrote:
All the PR at the start of the season said he would be using full GEICO engines and support in the Worlds. He def had a...
All the PR at the start of the season said he would be using full GEICO engines and support in the Worlds.

I personally don’t think remember the PR stating he would use Geico engines but that the team would receive some level of technical assistance from them. They have received some technical help but not “full engines”, the team is quite low budget...they haven’t spent anything to continue developing the bike since receiving a base spec in December...
karsmakers
6/24/2018 8:44am
German Championship today, Hunter won race 1 with 13 seconds over Max Nagl and 25 over Jacobi.
That's impressive
6/24/2018 8:59am
karsmakers wrote:
That's impressive
4th in race 2 after starting around 15th.
mmcmx
6/24/2018 9:25am
Those crashes at the beggining really took the wind out of his sails. Hope he can pick the pieces of the puzzle before the year ends.
MXMattii
6/24/2018 9:31am
Harry Everts said last year that Hunter, could be very lazy and that that was the reason he split with the Harry & Stefan and went to Germany to train. Now I see much of distractions on his social media, or I would better say one very nicely shaped, Swiss distraction. And also he goes from one injury into a other and that could also be because he's not well prepared, not interested anymore in that MXGP MX2 championship, just distracted... I've the feeling that he's doing it because he has to and that he's already thinking about 2019 But if he needs to start SX and AMA MX after a season like this...
6/24/2018 9:56am
brimx153 wrote:
darren7878 wrote:
All the PR at the start of the season said he would be using full GEICO engines and support in the Worlds. He def had a...

ML512 wrote:
I personally don’t think remember the PR stating he would use Geico engines but that the team would receive some level of technical assistance from them...
I personally don’t think remember the PR stating he would use Geico engines but that the team would receive some level of technical assistance from them. They have received some technical help but not “full engines”, the team is quite low budget...they haven’t spent anything to continue developing the bike since receiving a base spec in December...
Quote from Lawrence about Geico:

They felt like family from the minute we started talking and are giving me support next year with 114 Motorsports Honda to win a world title

Quote from Geico:

In the deal, GEICO Honda announced it will also provide technical support to the Gariboldi-owned Team 114 Motorsports Honda team

Im sure I read somewhere about GEICO engines but he ho but both rider and GEICO are saying he will supported by GEICO in the GP's ...............

Guys talented def having a rough year.
ML512
Fantasy
54th
6/24/2018 10:08am
darren7878 wrote:
Quote from Lawrence about Geico: [i]They felt like family from the minute we started talking and are giving me support next year with 114 Motorsports Honda...

They felt like family from the minute we started talking and are giving me support next year with 114 Motorsports Honda to win a world title

Quote from Geico:

In the deal, GEICO Honda announced it will also provide technical support to the Gariboldi-owned Team 114 Motorsports Honda team

Im sure I read somewhere about GEICO engines but he ho but both rider and GEICO are saying he will supported by GEICO in the GP's ...............

As the PR there says, technical support. But 114 has to pay for stuff, so ultimately they haven’t gone very far with this due to their budget. Engine wise, the bike hasn’t received any updates that im aware of since December, while Geico’s engine has changed every couple weeks since then.
Jrewing
6/24/2018 11:15am
The kid is balls deep in some fine Swiss tail. Probably his first girl too. I don't blame him, I'd forgo days of sun light if I was in his position.
JB479
6/24/2018 12:18pm
JB479 wrote:
Snapper wrote:
So you're saying it's not a bike issue this year? If he's on a faster bike why isn't he doing as good?
Injuries.
deanwhite51
Fantasy
2591st
6/24/2018 2:49pm
I really hope that Hunter can get his shit together and back in prime form for next years. Kids got skill and when on his day.. can ride a dam bike! I feel like he just needs to just keep time on the bike and avoid the injury's and focus on building for next year.

Would be good to see the Lawrence VS Sexton battles in the future!
Stoop
Fantasy
767th
6/24/2018 2:56pm
Yep sounds like a severe case of love struck, if his results are already suffering because of this imagine if they break up
Cortami79
6/24/2018 11:40pm
The guy had some gnarly crashes as well. He was knocked out at Latvia. His starts seem to kill his performances. In Argentina he had some nice starts and battled for the win. I think he will be happy to ride some of the Outdoors
Jrewing
6/24/2018 11:52pm
Cortami79 wrote:
The guy had some gnarly crashes as well. He was knocked out at Latvia. His starts seem to kill his performances. In Argentina he had some...
The guy had some gnarly crashes as well. He was knocked out at Latvia. His starts seem to kill his performances. In Argentina he had some nice starts and battled for the win. I think he will be happy to ride some of the Outdoors
His bike didn't look to be handling well in the races I've watched.
6/24/2018 11:54pm
darren7878 wrote:
Quote from Lawrence about Geico: [i]They felt like family from the minute we started talking and are giving me support next year with 114 Motorsports Honda...

Quote from Geico:

ML512 wrote:
As the PR there says, technical support. But 114 has to pay for stuff, so ultimately they haven’t gone very far with this due to their...
As the PR there says, technical support. But 114 has to pay for stuff, so ultimately they haven’t gone very far with this due to their budget. Engine wise, the bike hasn’t received any updates that im aware of since December, while Geico’s engine has changed every couple weeks since then.
Ah ok, paid for technical support.

That's not really how the PR reads.

6/25/2018 12:53am
Hunter started this season with a 2nd place behing current world champion Jonass in Argentina. Besides that he put down the fastest lap of the race. And now all of a sudden the Honda isn't good enough? Come on guys. Hunter is big talent, but he crashed too much this year and can't live up to all the big thing said about him so far'.

Post a reply to: Hunter Lawrence coming to US MX Series at RedBud?

The Latest