Hunter Lawrence

Lastander
Edited Date/Time 9/8/2020 4:12pm
I live in sweden and cant watch the races as the run and only see the highlights after the races, so im asking out of interest and not hate.

So far if im correct his results are so far
LL 1 40-14
LL 2 40-DNF
Ironman 19-11
Redbud 1 17-10
Redbud 2 12-26

Lorettas was mud so if that was a one time bad weekend i would get it, but for a guy whose forte is outdoors, this cant be good? Is he injured or why does he struggle to get in to the top 10?

SX does not bode well if this is his pace outdoors
|
Racer142
9/8/2020 8:24am
Bad starts plus I feel like I've seen him crash almost every moto so far. Makes top 10 difficult
crowe660
Fantasy
4066th
9/8/2020 8:30am
His shoulder popped out at Loretta’s I believe. He’s probably not even close to 100%. Hopefully he’ll only improve. Really want to see him running with the leaders again.
philG
9/8/2020 9:17am
He signed his Geico deal early, and then didnt do much in MX2 either, apart from flashes.. i dont expect him to be a front runner now, which is bad really.
9/8/2020 9:53am
He won a moto at High Point last year and gave AC fits at Pala for a moto win until he washed the front end. I wouldn’t write him off completely yet I think he’s just had a ton of injuries and some bad luck. Nobody who’s come from Europe had an easy go their first few seasons here. And obviously starting the season off with a shoulder that won’t stay in isn’t ideal

The Shop

MxKing809
Fantasy
334th
9/8/2020 10:01am Edited Date/Time 9/8/2020 10:01am
I think it’s mental as well. His younger brother steps into the team and bests him on a weekly basis, everyone is in the Jettson bandwagon, and I’m sure Hunter is down/ lacking confidence right now in top of the physical injury.
Dirtydeeds
Fantasy
2892nd
9/8/2020 10:09am
When is his contract up? Feel like he’s a big gamble for any factory team to sign. I like the kid just dealt a huge bag of shitluck.
crusty_xx
Fantasy
156th
9/8/2020 11:00am
Dirtydeeds wrote:
When is his contract up? Feel like he’s a big gamble for any factory team to sign. I like the kid just dealt a huge bag...
When is his contract up? Feel like he’s a big gamble for any factory team to sign. I like the kid just dealt a huge bag of shitluck.
End of 21 I believe
Coenmx
9/8/2020 11:56am Edited Date/Time 9/8/2020 11:56am
You all need to chill the kid is having a shit of a year and has been dealt a lot of bad luck over last 2 years with things like doing engine testing for the team and bike seizing and breaking him so back it down he had multiple podiums and even moto wins is his first year racing here and finished 9th without even doing all rounds and guys that you are frothing over Guys this year have been in the 250 class for 6+ years that have only just got their first moto wins or 2nd podium ect .People forget ( even I am guilty of that )how much bad luck or what results did guys like Adam C have in their first year racing so yes results look terrible this year but do we right him off because of a the worst year of his racing so far even though after dislocating his shoulder he can back up a week later With a bad start Moto and can get Back to 11th or 10th .? I think a lot of people forget ....and hopefully he can bounce back like many others before him and people will forget 2020 for him as well .
Coenmx
9/8/2020 12:01pm
philG wrote:
He signed his Geico deal early, and then didnt do much in MX2 either, apart from flashes.. i dont expect him to be a front runner...
He signed his Geico deal early, and then didnt do much in MX2 either, apart from flashes.. i dont expect him to be a front runner now, which is bad really.
So what your saying is unless your winning every weekend and the championship you haven’t done nothing , last year he was a podium and moto winner type guy but pretty much never out of the top 10 same in Europe so here in USA there’s about 20-23 factory rides if you count all the factory pros ( remember injured riders too ) so what you all are hinting at is you don’t think a guy that is injured and can gets top10-15 results in motos at the moment and multiple podiums and top 10 results the year before when healthy and finished 9th in championship with out doing all rounds doesn’t deserves one of those 20-23 factory spots ????
FerCzD
9/8/2020 1:25pm
I don't get why people is surprised. He has shown a tendency over the years that he cannot complete a full season, with a marked trend on getting worse:

That's the beauty of numbers, whether you like them or not. You cannot deny a statistical behavior. I can almost guarantee, he'll miss races next year.
Coenmx
9/8/2020 2:32pm Edited Date/Time 9/8/2020 2:44pm
FerCzD wrote:
I don't get why people is surprised. He has shown a tendency over the years that he cannot complete a full season, with a marked trend...
I don't get why people is surprised. He has shown a tendency over the years that he cannot complete a full season, with a marked trend on getting worse:

That's the beauty of numbers, whether you like them or not. You cannot deny a statistical behavior. I can almost guarantee, he'll miss races next year.
Either that or he just doesn’t gel with the Honda look at his Suzuki year still got 17 rounds in which is basically a USA 250 season nothing but injuries on that Honda . Makes it harder comparing sx in there As that makes the percentages take a dive when your comparing Europe outdoors only for example Last year he missed 3 rounds out of 12 mx rounds so percentage is way higher than 41% but yes when you add sx in paper is brutal!!
crusty_xx
Fantasy
156th
9/8/2020 2:43pm
FerCzD wrote:
I don't get why people is surprised. He has shown a tendency over the years that he cannot complete a full season, with a marked trend...

Ferrandis was pretty much exactly the same. In Europe and in at least his first year here.

Hunter was like 16 when he raced Suzuki in MX2... Take that into account when you talk about "statistical behavior".

By the way he missed SX this year because his engine stopped at the face of a triple. Hardly his fault. He had some really shitty luck this year but he's going to turn it around
FerCzD
9/8/2020 3:36pm
crusty_xx wrote:
Ferrandis was pretty much exactly the same. In Europe and in at least his first year here. Hunter was like 16 when he raced Suzuki in...
Ferrandis was pretty much exactly the same. In Europe and in at least his first year here.

Hunter was like 16 when he raced Suzuki in MX2... Take that into account when you talk about "statistical behavior".

By the way he missed SX this year because his engine stopped at the face of a triple. Hardly his fault. He had some really shitty luck this year but he's going to turn it around
He will "turn it around" in a similar way Alex Martin did. Consistently battling in the Top 5, with the younger brother having more success in terms of wins/titles.
haydos25
Fantasy
3333rd
9/8/2020 4:12pm
It's funny, i compare him to someone like RJ Hampshire, who would have been borderline for keeping his ride in the past depending on what team he was with and what riders they had signed coming up from amateurs. His results in his first few years weren't exactly amazing but he hung in there and learnt the ropes. Now he's seemingly worked it out and is a podium guy. That could easily have been, Falk, Cantrell, Lopes, Harrison etc. etc. some of these guys get judged so early that its almost unfair, but if they're given time eventually they often get it. Think about Mcelrath, or Mosiman, or the prime example Amart

Hunter is in a similar position i feel, he needs to keep it on two wheels first and foremost and the results will follow that. Nobody doubts he at least has the talent of an RJ, he just doesn't have the results right now, but RJ didnt have RJ results 2 years ago either.

Post a reply to: Hunter Lawrence

The Latest