Hump on the inside?

I have a track at my house. Quite a few kids ride and train here. I add humps or rollers to the inside of a lot of turns so the track doesn’t get 1 lined. Wouldn't that be a simple fix for SX tracks where riders all just hug the inside? I see it working on a daily basis. I know this can't be a new idea and would make for some passing and different lines.
|
3/9/2017 8:37pm
In Atlanta it seemed many riders were taking the outside lines everywhere to keep their flow; but Tomac was dedicated to the insides like a boss; almost flat tracking his way through.

Respect.
bvm111
3/9/2017 8:52pm
Never understood the humps on the inside ... whats the point i just rail the outside essentially creating a single line.
Mit12
3/9/2017 11:25pm Edited Date/Time 3/9/2017 11:26pm
I have a track at my house. Quite a few kids ride and train here. I add humps or rollers to the inside of a lot...
I have a track at my house. Quite a few kids ride and train here. I add humps or rollers to the inside of a lot of turns so the track doesn’t get 1 lined. Wouldn't that be a simple fix for SX tracks where riders all just hug the inside? I see it working on a daily basis. I know this can't be a new idea and would make for some passing and different lines.
The reason the SX tracks are so one lined is because of timed qualifying. Back in the day the riders wre placed in the heat races by points, odd numbers in the second heat even numbers in the first heat. During that time they put hay bales in the main lines during practice to force riders to make different lines. With everything now days based off of time every one takes the fastest line all night.

The Shop

3/9/2017 11:44pm
I never understood humps on the inside line, hit it with speed, where does it take you? ...... into anyone railing the outside, what make better sense is a dip.
hillbilly
3/10/2017 2:57am
How about a loop de loop like a hotwheels track,
mmain62
3/10/2017 5:50am
hillbilly wrote:
How about a loop de loop like a hotwheels track,
HaHa that'd be a site to see. I have my own track and have thought about adding humps many times, but I just never have.
pummel
Fantasy
370th
3/10/2017 9:10am
That's definitely not anything new. local tracks do that all the time and also pretty common at nationals. They do it occasionally at supercross but I'd like to see it more.
slowgti
3/10/2017 9:17am
Mit12 wrote:
The reason the SX tracks are so one lined is because of timed qualifying. Back in the day the riders wre placed in the heat races...
The reason the SX tracks are so one lined is because of timed qualifying. Back in the day the riders wre placed in the heat races by points, odd numbers in the second heat even numbers in the first heat. During that time they put hay bales in the main lines during practice to force riders to make different lines. With everything now days based off of time every one takes the fastest line all night.
Don't forget about dartfish and litpro data. I would be all for banning all of that, racers and teams figure out the fast line and don't stray much from it.
jmx411
3/10/2017 9:17am
Do not most people hump on the inside?
Falcon
Fantasy
856th
3/10/2017 9:59am
jmx411 wrote:
Do not most people hump on the inside?
Inside a car, at least. Laughing
ed921reyes
3/10/2017 11:41am
Mit12 wrote:
The reason the SX tracks are so one lined is because of timed qualifying. Back in the day the riders wre placed in the heat races...
that sounds amazing why would they go away from that?!!

the need to do a joker lane at all races, with them be so one lined it would make for a opportunity to shake things up! and more then 1 main.
Robgvx
3/10/2017 11:44am
I have a track at my house. Quite a few kids ride and train here. I add humps or rollers to the inside of a lot...
Re-design your turns.
Tracktor
3/10/2017 11:59am
Robgvx wrote:
Re-design your turns.
That's what he is saying he did?

A inside whoop works will if the corner is a wide bowl were going out takes too much time verses inside. Or adding one before or after the corner to slow exit/entry speed. Would be good to see more multiple line tracks like Phoenix........
tprice07
3/10/2017 12:02pm
I prefer to hump on the outside.
3/10/2017 8:23pm
Some of them are as you're going into the turn and some in the middle. I haven't made one coming out or at the exit but I think I will try that. Could be cool. For the people saying it doesn't work, you don't know what you're talking about. I've set it up where both inside or outside are about the same speed. So if you are behind and take inside when other ruder goes outside you will still be behind if the riders are the same speed. Makes for some great battles

Post a reply to: Hump on the inside?

The Latest