Huge thanks to MA800 and Tony from a NC fan!

Edited Date/Time 11/5/2013 5:48am
I've always been a huge fan of Mike and Tony and today was just amazing. I basically spent the day with the 800 and Tony. I live 30 minutes from the track and arrived just in time for first 450 Pro moto. I was directly behind Mike for each start today. After the 2nd moto, Mike commented to me that he saw me when viewing the footage Danielle had shot of the first moto. Mike was excellent in the 450 motos, winning convincingly. A dominant performance. His holeshot in moto 1 was flawless.There was issues with the 250f at the gate in the 250 moto one but Mike charged from nearly dead last in the first turn to finish and impressive 5th. They decided not to run the 2nd 250 moto deciding to get the issue fixed before running it again next week. A smart move.

Honestly, guys.....It was one of the best days of my life. Mike and Tony were so cordial and also very appreciative of my and all the fans support as well as thankful for me looking over a couple of items for safekeeping which I was honored to do. Mike signed a couple of posters for me and Tony hooked me up with a 800 side plate which Mike also signed. I was so happy! Very cool! I'll try to post a link to some pictures.

Mike has always been my favorite rider and I love Tony's passion for our sport and kindness.

Thanks to Mike and Tony for an incredible experience today. One I'll never forget.
|
Kyle978
11/3/2013 7:17pm
I appreciate your love for the sport, but you sound like a school girl after a Justin Bieber concert.
48dirtbikekid
11/3/2013 7:24pm
I've always been a huge fan of Mike and Tony and today was just amazing. I basically spent the day with the 800 and Tony. I...
I've always been a huge fan of Mike and Tony and today was just amazing. I basically spent the day with the 800 and Tony. I live 30 minutes from the track and arrived just in time for first 450 Pro moto. I was directly behind Mike for each start today. After the 2nd moto, Mike commented to me that he saw me when viewing the footage Danielle had shot of the first moto. Mike was excellent in the 450 motos, winning convincingly. A dominant performance. His holeshot in moto 1 was flawless.There was issues with the 250f at the gate in the 250 moto one but Mike charged from nearly dead last in the first turn to finish and impressive 5th. They decided not to run the 2nd 250 moto deciding to get the issue fixed before running it again next week. A smart move.

Honestly, guys.....It was one of the best days of my life. Mike and Tony were so cordial and also very appreciative of my and all the fans support as well as thankful for me looking over a couple of items for safekeeping which I was honored to do. Mike signed a couple of posters for me and Tony hooked me up with a 800 side plate which Mike also signed. I was so happy! Very cool! I'll try to post a link to some pictures.

Mike has always been my favorite rider and I love Tony's passion for our sport and kindness.

Thanks to Mike and Tony for an incredible experience today. One I'll never forget.
Fuck these guys, you sound to have had a really great day today, and that's all that matters! Awesome!

The Shop

jleews6
11/3/2013 7:28pm
I have to say that after this weekend and seeing mike Saturday night at the auction Mike is a good guy. He mixed in with everybody and acted like he was just another racer. He also made sure that he said hi or atleast acknowledged every that said hi to him. There were "local pros" there that walk around like they are something special when they havent really done anything as a pro.
Jimmy D and Alex Martin are the same way as Mike.
Camp332
11/3/2013 7:31pm
Sounds like a great day for a young fan. Cool Bro!
11/3/2013 7:32pm
I've always been a huge fan of Mike and Tony and today was just amazing. I basically spent the day with the 800 and Tony. I...

Dude, glad you had a great time. You sure seem super duper uber stoked on your special time with Mike and his Dad.

Wow! Interesting ......
Brad460
Fantasy
780th
11/3/2013 7:39pm

Mike was probably wondering who the creepy stalker was in the background of Danielle's video...jk!

Sounds like you had a great time!
BobbyM
11/3/2013 8:09pm
The whole family is pretty cool. Jeff may be the coolest.
11/3/2013 10:43pm
When you say "looking over a couple of items for safe keeping......."

There's MORE?!
11/4/2013 4:57am Edited Date/Time 11/4/2013 5:04am
That's the good thing about Vital. You can always rely on someone talking shit. But hey, it keeps it interesting . =) And we're all like family here at Vital so its all good! =)

I'm far from a young fan. 42, married with a 21 year old daughter but when it comes to motocross I am, for sure, still a kid at heart.

Very seldom, in sports, do you get to interact with your favorite athletes, much less get to assist them, even if in the smallest of ways. Mike, along with JS7, KRoc and RC have always been my favorites but the 800 is my favorite. Mike was humble and not once acted like he was better than anyone else there, talking to and even helping all the other riders. Nice to see.

In the end, I had a great time and am thankful for them being so cool.
Mouse153
11/4/2013 5:00am
I wish I could have made it down to Hog Heaven this weekend for the race. By looking at the videos, it looks like it was fantastic! It's good to hear some positive feedback after the rough times they've had recently.
TeamGreen
11/4/2013 5:02am
That's the good thing about Vital. You can always rely on someone talking shit. But hey, it keeps it interesting . =) And we're all like...
That's the good thing about Vital. You can always rely on someone talking shit. But hey, it keeps it interesting . =) And we're all like family here at Vital so its all good! =)

I'm far from a young fan. 42, married with a 21 year old daughter but when it comes to motocross I am, for sure, still a kid at heart.

Very seldom, in sports, do you get to interact with your favorite athletes, much less get to assist them, even if in the smallest of ways. Mike, along with JS7, KRoc and RC have always been my favorites but the 800 is my favorite. Mike was humble and not once acted like he was better than anyone else there, talking to and even helping all the other riders. Nice to see.

Nice.

No lame-ass Netizen-Hters are gettin' to ya!
Very stoked for your "Great Day at the Track".

Thanks for posting it.
Crash82
Fantasy
2036th
11/4/2013 5:24am

Fuck these guys, you sound to have had a really great day today, and that's all that matters! Awesome!
Great post!
Mxdnusa
11/4/2013 5:31am
Nice! I hear what your saying, Imagine bron-bron or RG3 even giving you the time of day.
Jimfunn
11/4/2013 5:41am
That's the good thing about Vital. You can always rely on someone talking shit. But hey, it keeps it interesting . =) And we're all like...

that's great, now about this 21 yr old daughter...
11/4/2013 6:12am Edited Date/Time 11/4/2013 6:45am
Yeah, most athletes won't give you the time of day much less let you assist them by carrying stuff for them and watching over stuff.

And I posted this on the Alessi page and Tony actually personally emailed me this morning. Totally cool.

My 21 year old daughter? She's married as of last year. Nice try though, dude. =)
Camp332
11/4/2013 6:20am Edited Date/Time 11/4/2013 6:21am

Well you sounded as excited as a young fan would. I guess you felt like a kid again yesterday, which always makes for a good day.
IWreckALot
11/4/2013 6:38am
You always hear that Tony is as real as they come when it comes to interacting with the fans but it just seems like when it comes to pro races, he just flips a switch and goes the completely opposite direction. There would be no issues if he showed his cool side when the shit hits the fan.

Even the Brotocross guy who ripped Mikey regularly said that Tony approached him real cool like and even gave suspension setup pointers knowing that the guy loved to use Mike as a target.
davistld01
11/4/2013 7:04am
IWreckALot wrote:
You always hear that Tony is as real as they come when it comes to interacting with the fans but it just seems like when it...
You always hear that Tony is as real as they come when it comes to interacting with the fans but it just seems like when it comes to pro races, he just flips a switch and goes the completely opposite direction. There would be no issues if he showed his cool side when the shit hits the fan.

Even the Brotocross guy who ripped Mikey regularly said that Tony approached him real cool like and even gave suspension setup pointers knowing that the guy loved to use Mike as a target.
You know, I've heard a lot from people that have seen Mike & Tony at local pro races, and claim that Tony is super cool with everybody and they are just "folks" there...but we have all heard how Tony turns into the mini-Dad from hell at the pro races. I saw him go absolutely freaking Godzilla on Broc Glover at the Dunlop tent at the Houston SX this year, and left the tent cussing and stomping. I think it's just the seriousness of the national events, along with the $$$ involved in funding the "Alessi Dream" that puts an edge on Tony. Maybe, like some say, he's the greatest guy ever away from the big show...
mom241
11/4/2013 7:10am
IWreckALot wrote:
You always hear that Tony is as real as they come when it comes to interacting with the fans but it just seems like when it...

davistld01 wrote:
You know, I've heard a lot from people that have seen Mike & Tony at local pro races, and claim that Tony is super cool with...
You know, I've heard a lot from people that have seen Mike & Tony at local pro races, and claim that Tony is super cool with everybody and they are just "folks" there...but we have all heard how Tony turns into the mini-Dad from hell at the pro races. I saw him go absolutely freaking Godzilla on Broc Glover at the Dunlop tent at the Houston SX this year, and left the tent cussing and stomping. I think it's just the seriousness of the national events, along with the $$$ involved in funding the "Alessi Dream" that puts an edge on Tony. Maybe, like some say, he's the greatest guy ever away from the big show...
He's calm compared to amateur days.

But in all fairness, so am I. :-)
11/4/2013 7:46am
Maybe pro racing especially in pro Mx is not a fair and even playing field compared to regional races like hog heaven and the motocross league of America.

I am sure it's quite difficult for TA ( and most non manufacture support racers) knowing every thing has been done possible with after market parts that the public can buy for bikes and ma800 has done all the right legal training that can be done only to find out that the chosen riders have parts built by the factory and suspension components far better then what is made available to the public Including ma800.
Or
Equally frustrating may be when chosen riders show up with lance Armstrong strength endurance and mental focus which makes the hard work ma800 does each and every week look a david and Goliath story.

A
Jimfunn
11/4/2013 7:59am
Maybe pro racing especially in pro Mx is not a fair and even playing field compared to regional races like hog heaven and the motocross league...
Maybe pro racing especially in pro Mx is not a fair and even playing field compared to regional races like hog heaven and the motocross league of America.

I am sure it's quite difficult for TA ( and most non manufacture support racers) knowing every thing has been done possible with after market parts that the public can buy for bikes and ma800 has done all the right legal training that can be done only to find out that the chosen riders have parts built by the factory and suspension components far better then what is made available to the public Including ma800.
Or
Equally frustrating may be when chosen riders show up with lance Armstrong strength endurance and mental focus which makes the hard work ma800 does each and every week look a david and Goliath story.

A
Mike's been on the best bikes with the best support before with various teams so equipment is no excuse. I'm sure he's on a great bike at the moment as well.

He's a great rider but I don't think he has got that something special to match or even beat the very best in the sport.

And until someone has proof of PED's being used, that's no excuse either...
bobby397
11/4/2013 8:42am
Alessi couldn't even race a local event with out drama. I was stand at staging when they were pulling numbers for gate pick and before alessi even picks a number he gives he mechanic the bike and precedes to get the gate he wants regardless the number he pulls. Wes Kain and a few other riders take notice and a few words were exchanged with the mechanic and they went about there way. The 450 class, alessi killed it! The 250, not so much. 1st moto he got a mid pack start, but with 20 minutes plus 2 laps he should had been top three. Heard he didn't line up moto 2 because of set up issues.
jleews6
11/4/2013 8:44am
I have to say that Tony seemed nice walking around. He was talking to people and treated people nice but,,,, In one moto Mike didnt get a good start and Tony was pissed the whole moto. My son even said "Dad,why is he still mad about the start?". I guess he is so into every detail that he cant deal well with mistakes even though we all make them.
Outsider
11/4/2013 9:26am
Maybe pro racing especially in pro Mx is not a fair and even playing field compared to regional races like hog heaven and the motocross league...

Or

A
That's funny because Mike is the one walking around looking like a "navy seal".

As far as Tony, other than being utterly insane, I'm sure he's very cool.
burn1986
Fantasy
3303rd
11/4/2013 9:59am
Mike's a very personable guy, and is great with the fans. He took the time to get a picture with the kids on his way into the Superdome. It made their day.

11/4/2013 12:35pm
I was right behind Mike for all 3 motos. He did kill it on the 450. Right as the gate was about to drop on the first 250 moto there was obvious issues with the bike as Mike, his mechanic and Tony were all frantically working on something right up to when the card went up. I asked Mike later if he was running the 2nd 250 moto and he said no as there were problems with the bike and some issue with the clutch so thought it best to be safe. Plus I would think since he was running both classes there was very little time to fix anything properly.

Makes sense.
Mickolobe7
11/4/2013 12:58pm
Thats awesome I heard they are really cool guys.

Post a reply to: Huge thanks to MA800 and Tony from a NC fan!

The Latest