Hows your used bike market?

diz330
5/21/2020 4:57am
in Ontario prices are only going up. I struggled for a month or two 5 years ago to get 3600 for an 09 rmz450, I could've kept it this whole time and people are still asking 4000 or more for the same bike. people asking 4k for 2007 crf450. I could go on and on. prices are way too high up here.
Indy mxer
5/21/2020 5:03am
At my brothers dealership he can't keep used bikes. Good used bikes seem to go fast around here. He's also out of new KX's and can't get anymore until the 21's come out.
nate 415
5/21/2020 7:33am
As a dealer in Indiana , sales of dirt bikes and especially kids size, are thru the roof.
5/21/2020 8:06am
Indy mxer wrote:
At my brothers dealership he can't keep used bikes. Good used bikes seem to go fast around here. He's also out of new KX's and can't...
At my brothers dealership he can't keep used bikes. Good used bikes seem to go fast around here. He's also out of new KX's and can't get anymore until the 21's come out.
This makes me want to ditch my 18 KXF so bad.. but replacing it would not be easy.

The Shop

wrc777
Fantasy
783rd
5/21/2020 3:27pm
I am thinking of swapping out my ‘19 crf250rx for an r model or a kx or rmz but not sure how much I will lose on the used bike. I have never seen a used one for sale. is there somewhere other than Facebook to find used bikes?

I am going to sell a mint ‘19 crf50 my kids don’t want to ride. I don’t think they are as scarce as the 110 pit bikes though for some reason.
Glen
5/21/2020 4:54pm
Nairb#70 wrote:
I live in Connecticut and I'm helping a friend look for a mid sized playbike. He wants a TTR 230. So far we've found an 05...
I live in Connecticut and I'm helping a friend look for a mid sized playbike. He wants a TTR 230. So far we've found an 05 asking $3400. and an 04 asking $4000. Yup, not kidding. Both bikes are in great shape with low hours , but those asking prices are absolute insanity when the dealers are begging you to buy a new one for $3795 plus, plus, plus. The crackheads have taken over.
I've said it before, people in the tri-state area think their shit is gold-plated (at least the NYC metro area). So hard to get a good deal. This was a few years ago, but look at this '86 XR200 that someone was asking $500 for in middlesex county NJ

FWYT
5/21/2020 4:58pm
nate 415 wrote:
As a dealer in Indiana , sales of dirt bikes and especially kids size, are thru the roof.
Well, as much as I want to find a good rescue bike project, we have to agree that this is
EXCELLENT news.

More people getting bikes, especially kids and people new to
the sport is a giant "HELL, YEAH!"
Jmicmoto13
5/22/2020 9:22am
My Dad just sold his 2013 KTM 300 with 75 hours on it and a steering stabilizer for $4,200. Young guy texted him within an hour or two of posting and picked it up the following morning. Crazy.
bonseff
5/22/2020 10:12am
In terms of older 2 strokes, they are completly absent in the dfw market, at least on craigslist. not sure about facebook because i deleted my account long ago.
seth505
Fantasy
1092nd
5/22/2020 10:29am
This thread makes me wish I had my CR done that I need to end up selling (unfortunately).
Pirate421
5/22/2020 6:57pm
What sites are everyone having the best luck with posting their bikes for easy sales? Craigslist seems kind of dead lately is FB marketplace the place to be? I’ll need to get that I guess.
wrc777
Fantasy
783rd
5/22/2020 7:27pm
Pirate421 wrote:
What sites are everyone having the best luck with posting their bikes for easy sales? Craigslist seems kind of dead lately is FB marketplace the place...
What sites are everyone having the best luck with posting their bikes for easy sales? Craigslist seems kind of dead lately is FB marketplace the place to be? I’ll need to get that I guess.
Yeah craigslist is pretty dead. You probably have to use Facebook.
garagedog
Fantasy
687th
5/22/2020 9:08pm
FBMarketplace and Offer Up has by far the worst low ball nit wits. No serious buyers at all.
Craiglist had the serious buyers with a mix of the usual scammers and a few lb'rs. (central CA)
5/28/2020 10:58pm
FWYT wrote:
Still waiting for that "gainfully unemployed" price drop to happen . . . no sign of it yet!!!LaughingLaughingLaughing
gt80rider wrote:
This is what I'm seeing..... no price drops around here.... YET
TbonesPop wrote:
Honestly, I don't expect the "gainfully unemployed" price drops. The main people who were laid off were lower income folks working in retail and restaurants. That...
Honestly, I don't expect the "gainfully unemployed" price drops. The main people who were laid off were lower income folks working in retail and restaurants. That industry is starting to open back up (my wife is in retail and she's already very busy again). Higher end employment has stayed going with minimal layoffs, mostly working from home. Construction was considered essential and is still kicking ass. Lots of dirt bikers are construction workers. The lower income folks were able to get unemployment which wasn't too far off of their normal incomes. Many are now coming back to work. Couple that with some government stimulus checks, and you just don't see the price drops one might think would have happened. I don't expect price drops at this point.
Price drops on used bikes is just a few months away. The unemployment plus 600 a week, put them higher or near there regular income. The 600 extra a week is ending, unemployment will end. There job will be gone, people will all try to get in to what industry has work. And that is very few. Going threw Chicago today at rush hour, I did not sit in traffic for 5 plus hours. New 587 Peter built lost all power by, O hara airport. I did not see a plane move in 40 minutes. I used to fly out of there , plane every 3 minutes. This is the Largest business city in the USA. Union worker on talk radio saying , he has a 3 week job coming up. Then there is no work. So he is staying on unemployment. Those 125,s that sold for big money, will be selling for nothing, to pay the rent. 30% of IT workers are loosing there jobs, so big money race rigs going for cheap. Who ever stayed strong and kept working , will own the castle.Smile
sandman768
5/29/2020 5:22am
Price drops on used bikes is just a few months away. The unemployment plus 600 a week, put them higher or near there regular income. The...
Price drops on used bikes is just a few months away. The unemployment plus 600 a week, put them higher or near there regular income. The 600 extra a week is ending, unemployment will end. There job will be gone, people will all try to get in to what industry has work. And that is very few. Going threw Chicago today at rush hour, I did not sit in traffic for 5 plus hours. New 587 Peter built lost all power by, O hara airport. I did not see a plane move in 40 minutes. I used to fly out of there , plane every 3 minutes. This is the Largest business city in the USA. Union worker on talk radio saying , he has a 3 week job coming up. Then there is no work. So he is staying on unemployment. Those 125,s that sold for big money, will be selling for nothing, to pay the rent. 30% of IT workers are loosing there jobs, so big money race rigs going for cheap. Who ever stayed strong and kept working , will own the castle.Smile
Turn the news off bro... yes, we took one on the chin.... we will be back stronger than ever....
Indy mxer
5/29/2020 5:29am
gt80rider wrote:
TbonesPop wrote:
Honestly, I don't expect the "gainfully unemployed" price drops. The main people who were laid off were lower income folks working in retail and restaurants. That...
Honestly, I don't expect the "gainfully unemployed" price drops. The main people who were laid off were lower income folks working in retail and restaurants. That industry is starting to open back up (my wife is in retail and she's already very busy again). Higher end employment has stayed going with minimal layoffs, mostly working from home. Construction was considered essential and is still kicking ass. Lots of dirt bikers are construction workers. The lower income folks were able to get unemployment which wasn't too far off of their normal incomes. Many are now coming back to work. Couple that with some government stimulus checks, and you just don't see the price drops one might think would have happened. I don't expect price drops at this point.
Price drops on used bikes is just a few months away. The unemployment plus 600 a week, put them higher or near there regular income. The...
I agree with TbonesPop on this. You're making a lot of assumptions here and painting with a broad brush. I'm actually optimistic things are on the upswing.

My company started bringing people back last week at a pretty good clip. All the people I know who work in the trades are busy as hell. I think the economy is about to take off.
Maybe not everywhere immediately, but soon, imo. Will there be some negatives? yes. But overall I think we'll be fine.

yak651
Fantasy
214th
5/29/2020 5:40am
Last fall I picked up a '05 CRF100 for $800. Was going to use as a second pitter. Cleaned it up, cleaned carb so it would run without the choke and used it for a little bit. Liked my KLX125 better so seeing all these comments posted it up on Facebook marketplace yesterday for $1450 and sold it for $1350 in 4 hours. Maybe should've asked for more, but felt guilty asking that much for it (plastics were scratched pretty good, I was originally going to replace all of it but glad i didn't...). Pic is it with SC1 rebuild, looked better in pics than person.
sargebro689
5/29/2020 9:07am
WA/OR was bad, now its getting ridiculous. Was looking for a yz125 for the girlfriend, I've seen a few 01's for 3 to 4k with no title and still caked with mud.
Pirate421
6/2/2020 6:27pm
It is a sellers market for sure right now. I just sold my 2017 YZ250 it was very clean and pretty low hours. I feel like I probably let it go too cheap at $5,000 but it sold in less than 24hrs. I called the dealer for my new bike, was between a 350SXF and a 250XC tpi. Dealer was completely out of 350s except for an XCF and said he sold almost 200 bikes in the past two months! No new ktms until august and they will be 2021’s he said.
wrc777
Fantasy
783rd
6/2/2020 9:23pm
Local Honda dealer here sold their last 2020 race bike last week. No more 2020 left in the warehouse. They had 3 crf125f and nothing else red. They had lots of ktms even some 2019 though.
pdub187
Fantasy
2532nd
6/2/2020 10:40pm
I've ended up buying new this week because everything secondhand is massively overpriced because they're selling quickly at the moment. New RMZ for $5000 down and repayments of $25/week. Perfect.
Magic Man
6/3/2020 5:41am
gt80rider wrote:
TbonesPop wrote:
I truly believe this as well. I'm waiting for the fall for to see if I can't snatch up something on a fire sale.
MZ193
6/3/2020 5:45am Edited Date/Time 6/3/2020 5:46am
Actually there are a lot of old crapped 4 strokes (probably guys using them in the fields that now need money)
The newer model (15/16/17/18/19) are way more expensive than they were in january/february.
I dont know why.
No strokes on sale... literally. Exceptions for some old yz's and rm's.
Shitty market in italy rn

Post a reply to: Hows your used bike market?

The Latest