How's everyone finding the continuous scroll?

Related:
Create New Tag

3/19/2018 11:14 AM
Edited Date/Time: 3/19/2018 11:15 AM

Just noticed today, instead of pages, it's a continuous scroll now. I dunno if I preferred having pages. Just a case of getting used to it I suppose.

Edit Well it was on my desktop about a minute ago, WTF.

|

3/19/2018 11:23 AM

Continuous scroll is superior. I do it on my ecommerce sites as well...I hate paging.

|

3/19/2018 12:00 PM

I didn’t notice until I saw your post....I love it!

|

3/19/2018 12:08 PM

KennyT wrote:

Weird...I didn't notice it either. Are older threads converted too?

|

And there goes Jeffro. One of God's own prototypes. A super high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

Pimpin' Ho's , Rollin' fatty's......drinkin' beers , beers , beers!! ~ Ja

3/19/2018 12:12 PM

KennyT wrote:

jeffro503 wrote:

Me too. I like it!

|

3/19/2018 12:21 PM

Interesting change (upgrade).......

|

Germany 1975 250 CZ Centerport, laydown shocks, mikuni with reed valve, Marzocchi forks with me as the motopilot

3/19/2018 2:59 PM

I like it .

|

3/19/2018 3:13 PM

Welcome to the rabbit hole. wink

|

3/19/2018 3:19 PM

It's ok with me

|

If you like uncle tony's meatballs, you'll love his sausage

Now that's Italian

3/19/2018 3:23 PM

KennyT wrote:

jeffro503 wrote:

It's not in threads, it's the forum subpages. Actual threads will continue to develop a new page every 30 replies, but the area where you select topics just scrolls now, no pages.

|

3/19/2018 4:19 PM

Seems like it would be better in the threads

|

3/19/2018 4:43 PM

I like it as its easier to find something from a few days ago if you want too.

|

3/19/2018 4:47 PM

I really like it, thanks for the improvements vital boys.

|

3/19/2018 5:21 PM

But how will we ever get a 10 pager Stewart/JLaw thread??? It's the end of an era!

|

3/19/2018 5:52 PM

kkawboy14 wrote:

This is what I was thinking. I like it, but why do we still have separate pages when you open the thread?

|

3/19/2018 5:55 PM

kkawboy14 wrote:

Motoxdoc wrote:

This is what I was thinking. I like it, but why do we still have separate pages when you open the thread?

I'd imagine to be able to rotate through more banner and side bar ads? Vitals gotta eat too.

|

3/19/2018 6:02 PM

I like it.

Another thing I would prefer though is making the navbar stick up top when you scroll (but the banner disappear)

|

3/20/2018 4:08 AM
Edited Date/Time: 3/20/2018 4:10 AM

It never eeeeends

|

3/20/2018 4:22 AM

I was wondering why I saw an ad in between the threads. Much better thanks guys

|

3/20/2018 4:24 AM

Awesome!

Don't add it to treads though... imaging trying to scroll to the last post on the Kick Ass 2-Strokes thread... wassat

|

Braaaaaaaap!!

3/20/2018 5:00 AM

I usually stay on page one because it’s most relevant so it’s going to take a moment to get used too. I would like it on the threads. Also, would like the threads to start off at new posts I haven’t read yet.

|

3/20/2018 5:03 AM

Now...if we could only get a "new posts" feature.

|

3/20/2018 7:21 AM

Need a forum main link that follows the scroll.

|

3/20/2018 7:28 AM

kkawboy14 wrote:

Motoxdoc wrote:

Josh422 wrote:

I'd imagine to be able to rotate through more banner and side bar ads? Vitals gotta eat too.

Threads like Race Day Discussions and awesome two-strokes would be impossible to navigate without pages. You'd scroll forever to find the new posts in a race day thread to respond...and we can't have it load all at once, it would pull the site to a snail's pace.

|

3/20/2018 7:32 AM

Motoxdoc wrote:

Josh422 wrote:

ML512 wrote:

Threads like Race Day Discussions and awesome two-strokes would be impossible to navigate without pages. You'd scroll forever to find the new posts in a race day thread to respond...and we can't have it load all at once, it would pull the site to a snail's pace.

I really, really, really just want a jump to last read button.

|

Designer of the PulpMx App and PulpMx Fantasy. Visuals were me; code was MarxDawg.

Mercedes Terrell was the GOAT of all Monster girls, don't @ me.

3/20/2018 7:52 AM

Motoxdoc wrote:

Josh422 wrote:

ML512 wrote:

That makes sense!

|

3/20/2018 8:08 AM

bodean123 wrote:

Now...if we could only get a "new posts" feature.

Yes, please.

|

3/20/2018 11:02 AM

My finger is getting RSI from not resting between pages, does Vital have some form of forum visitor insurance?

|

3/20/2018 1:45 PM

Well, I didn't know Vital changed over to continuous scroll and my usual self-discipline tool at work is "I'll do more work after this page" so I've gotten a whole lotta nothing done the last few days. So pretty great.

|

No I don't ride an 85 anymore.

3/20/2018 1:54 PM

rm85racer wrote:

Well, I didn't know Vital changed over to continuous scroll and my usual self-discipline tool at work is "I'll do more work after this page" so I've gotten a whole lotta nothing done the last few days. So pretty great.

laughing

I don't mind it. Just seems like a super long front page! smile

But yeah I can definetly see why actual topics/threads have to have pages.
|