How's Seely in the rain ?

Related:
Create New Tag

9/27/2017 5:47 AM

With the forecast now changing for the worst. Light rain sat, heavy rain all day sunday. Looks like the MXON could well become a proper mudder.

Covington & Zach have GP pedigree so can see them coping as well as anyone, but how is Seely when conditions take a turn for the worst ?

|

9/27/2017 6:26 AM

Cali guy. Rides his best on dry, dusty hard pack.

|

9/27/2017 6:28 AM

Rusty

|

9/27/2017 6:34 AM

He will struggle in the rain against these guys unfortunately. If ZachO can be the top finishing 250 rider with a top 5 overall and Covington can pull a top 3 then we just need Seely to hover around 7th and they could win this. It's all about consistent solid finishes.

|

9/27/2017 6:35 AM

He's def not a guy who I think of excelling when it gets ugly, but oddly his only podium of the year was in the slop fest at Unadilla this year.

|

9/27/2017 6:46 AM

It depends which forecast you look at, but I don't think it's going to be a mudder. We're definitely going to get some rain over the weekend, but i don't think we'll get too much and the track will be prepared accordingly. I'm expecting track conditions to be pretty good all weekend. When the race was there in '06 there was a shit ton of rain in the lead up to the race and at certain points in the weekend, but if you watch the race back now you'd never tell.

|

9/27/2017 6:55 AM
Edited Date/Time: 9/27/2017 7:01 AM

He got his first podium of the year at Unidilla.

|

9/27/2017 6:57 AM

California guys go snowboarding in the mountains when it's muddy

|

9/27/2017 6:58 AM
Edited Date/Time: 9/27/2017 6:59 AM

RG1 wrote:

It depends which forecast you look at, but I don't think it's going to be a mudder. We're definitely going to get some rain over the weekend, but i don't think we'll get too much and the track will be prepared accordingly. I'm expecting track conditions to be pretty good all weekend. When the race was there in '06 there was a shit ton of rain in the lead up to the race and at certain points in the weekend, but if you watch the race back now you'd never tell.

I know Matterley dries out quick as its location is exposed but the Met Office are forecasting 80-90% chance of rain for pretty much all day Sunday in Winchester.

Photo

|

9/27/2017 7:15 AM

We get biblical amounts of rain for A1 each year I think he will be ok

|

A 350 is always the solution.
My favorite time of year is when the biblical rains come to Southern California

9/27/2017 7:17 AM

MichaelAndrew93 wrote:

How does he do at A1?

|

9/27/2017 7:20 AM
Edited Date/Time: 9/27/2017 7:25 AM

RG1 wrote:

Heavy rain forecast for Sunday!

Shame as a few days back it wasn't looking so bad!

|

9/27/2017 7:31 AM

A1 2017

Photo

|

9/27/2017 7:36 AM

Its always a guess... I have just seen a forecast that says 35% chance of rain on Sunday , and showers Saturday, it is what it is, in 2006 it was so wet that people had to be towed in , and race day , the track was awesome.

|

9/27/2017 7:37 AM

Maybe a mudder is what we need

|

9/27/2017 7:40 AM

He'll be fine...

U.S.A. !

|

9/27/2017 7:41 AM

RG1 wrote:

St Ann More wrote:

Heavy rain forecast for Sunday!

Shame as a few days back it wasn't looking so bad!

Again, it depends where you look, AccuWeather says mostly overcast with showers possible, which wouldn't be too bad. I'm staying positive. We're still a few days out anyway so it could change. I think we'll be fine. We will get rain, but not enough to make it a mudder. That's my prediction/hope

|

9/27/2017 7:51 AM

MichaelAndrew93 wrote:

kkawboy14 wrote:

How does he do at A1?

Lmfao gah damn, I seriously don't think that line will ever get old.

|

"Life is Too Short To Last Long"

9/27/2017 8:05 AM

Well dang! Hopefully it doesn't get to bad. A lot of badass looking bikes and gear are about to get all mudded up it sounds like. sad

|

And there goes Jeffro. One of God's own prototypes. A super high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

Pimpin' Ho's , Rollin' fatty's......drinkin' beers , beers , beers!! ~ Ja

9/27/2017 8:20 AM

Podiumed Dilla in the mud this year...

|

9/27/2017 9:01 AM

He's from So Cal and his best performance was in the rain. That pretty much covers the entire realm of the possible. I'm going with the fact that he rode well at Unadilla.

|

9/27/2017 9:57 AM

I so hope we won't have a mud race...

I'm tired of mud races after all the mud races we've had this year.

|

9/27/2017 10:23 AM

SEELY EATS, SLEEPS, AND BREATHES THE MUD. HE FUCKING SHITS MUD. YOU ASK COLE SEELY A QUESTION, HE ANSWERS IT WITH MUD.

FIRST FUCKING PLACE, BITCH.

|

9/27/2017 10:32 AM

SlasherMcGee wrote:

SEELY EATS, SLEEPS, AND BREATHES THE MUD. HE FUCKING SHITS MUD. YOU ASK COLE SEELY A QUESTION, HE ANSWERS IT WITH MUD.

laughing laughing laughing laughing
|

9/27/2017 10:33 AM

SlasherMcGee wrote:

Good answer, but quite yelling!

enuf sed

|

9/27/2017 10:34 AM

Unadilla says he's better than Eli in the mud, guess he was the right choice after all

|

9/27/2017 10:57 AM

He'll get around 8-10th in each moto

|

9/27/2017 11:20 AM

Mud races are 90% dependent on start. Get a holeshot, dont crash and you will be in the top 5. Get a 20th place start and get roosted for the remainder of the moto and good luck getting up to 5th.

Cole did well at Unadilla. He also got decent starts. He doesn't have a large enough sample size to give a solid answer if he is a good mud rider at this point in his career. But he is the MX1 rider for Team USA, Rain or shine time to race, so turning back now.

RC was horrible in the mud in 97/98 then lapped the field in the mud in 2006.

|

9/27/2017 11:30 AM

SlasherMcGee wrote:

That you Jarid

|

9/27/2017 11:32 AM

SlasherMcGee wrote:

YES.

|