Howm skoold

GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
Edited Date/Time 5/4/2012 7:15am
For as much as some of you guys bitch about riders being home schooled, you think you'd put a little more effort into your own spelling, grammar and punctuation. Not to mention being able to string together words into real sentences. Wink
|
Sherwood
5/3/2012 4:35pm
I think I'm a perfect example that public school isn't helping in the spelling department. Honestly school is simply a holding cell until you get to college.
BAMX
5/3/2012 4:38pm
GuyB wrote:
For as much as some of you guys bitch about riders being home schooled, you think you'd put a little more effort into your own spelling...
For as much as some of you guys bitch about riders being home schooled, you think you'd put a little more effort into your own spelling, grammar and punctuation. Not to mention being able to string together words into real sentences. Wink
Way to end with an incomplete sentence.
5/3/2012 4:43pm
i think a bit of the problem is short hand texting is starting to rule the world. and it translates into other things. wont be long until IDK, LOL, and others are considered actual words. and why not? we use the elevator instead of the stairs, why? because its quicker and easier.
tobz
5/3/2012 4:52pm
i think a bit of the problem is short hand texting is starting to rule the world. and it translates into other things. wont be long...
i think a bit of the problem is short hand texting is starting to rule the world. and it translates into other things. wont be long until IDK, LOL, and others are considered actual words. and why not? we use the elevator instead of the stairs, why? because its quicker and easier.
yeah i couldn't really give a shit if someone has a typo, i reply alot on my phone and the autocorrect slips it own words in there every now and then.

I'm not drafting an essay or writing a job application feh godsakes.

The Shop

4mxonly
5/3/2012 4:53pm
GuyB wrote:
For as much as some of you guys bitch about riders being home schooled, you think you'd put a little more effort into your own spelling...

Wink
bvm111
5/3/2012 4:55pm
I am a victim of the California public school system and phonics
GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
5/3/2012 4:59pm
tobz wrote:
yeah i couldn't really give a shit if someone has a typo, i reply alot on my phone and the autocorrect slips it own words in...
yeah i couldn't really give a shit if someone has a typo, i reply alot on my phone and the autocorrect slips it own words in there every now and then.

I'm not drafting an essay or writing a job application feh godsakes.
You misspelled autocorrect. It should be not-o-correct.
tobz
5/3/2012 5:01pm
I'd love to see my stats on my phone on how often i've gone back to re-correct auto correct.
lostboy819
Fantasy
1342nd
5/3/2012 5:01pm Edited Date/Time 5/3/2012 5:03pm
Being born with a 60% hearing loss in both ears and wearing hearing aids my whole life the vowels A,E, and O in most words and too many consonats to even list I can not distinguish between the sounds as they all sound the same and when you learn to talk and then spell with phonics you need to be able to sound out words to read and then spell. I can not spell because I can not hear the differences in most words. Most people read speak and spell by sound I have to read and spell by memory so I can not spell without help and because the sounds are so far off I cant even look up words at times that get me close.

Spell Check has been great but I need to get several letters correct to even get close and english is a tough language to master if you can hear. and then we throw in the your/you're and They're/their/there and I am pretty much screwed.
stillwelding
5/3/2012 7:22pm Edited Date/Time 5/3/2012 11:55pm
GuyB wrote:
Quit her bitchin'. If you held your posters to such a high standard, youd lose half your income. Besides, half the time I'm trying to post from a 3 inch screened smartphone and I don't know how to disable autocomplete or Swype.
Racerx930
5/3/2012 7:29pm
It's strange how much GuyB seems to despise the place.
Outsider
5/3/2012 7:37pm
Racerx930 wrote:
It's strange how much GuyB seems to despise the place.
That is funny and kinda true. Whistling

I have a love hate feeling about my job too though.
Rupert X
5/3/2012 7:37pm
My mom, who was also my principal, janitor, food lady - and prom date - told me I need to keep the balls of my feet on my

pegs. And, to carry more corner speed.
Bauer
5/3/2012 7:41pm
Guy B has joined me in my cause of the past 15 years! Welcome, Stevie!
mom241
5/3/2012 7:41pm
GuyB wrote:
HAR!!!!!!
dboivin
5/3/2012 7:54pm
lostboy819 wrote:
Being born with a 60% hearing loss in both ears and wearing hearing aids my whole life the vowels A,E, and O in most words and...
Being born with a 60% hearing loss in both ears and wearing hearing aids my whole life the vowels A,E, and O in most words and too many consonats to even list I can not distinguish between the sounds as they all sound the same and when you learn to talk and then spell with phonics you need to be able to sound out words to read and then spell. I can not spell because I can not hear the differences in most words. Most people read speak and spell by sound I have to read and spell by memory so I can not spell without help and because the sounds are so far off I cant even look up words at times that get me close.

Spell Check has been great but I need to get several letters correct to even get close and english is a tough language to master if you can hear. and then we throw in the your/you're and They're/their/there and I am pretty much screwed.
dude, you just typed/spelled that post 99.9% better than the rest of vital. lol.
jeffro503
5/3/2012 8:03pm
GuyB wrote:
I herd ya Bro!
Sherwood
5/3/2012 8:25pm
I've yet to see any studies that really show they spelled better back then....
lostboy819
Fantasy
1342nd
5/3/2012 8:33pm Edited Date/Time 5/3/2012 8:34pm
lostboy819 wrote:
Being born with a 60% hearing loss in both ears and wearing hearing aids my whole life the vowels A,E, and O in most words and...

dboivin wrote:
dude, you just typed/spelled that post 99.9% better than the rest of vital. lol.
As you can see almost all of my posts other than these guys SmileTongueBlinkBlushCool say in the right upper corner "Edited Date/Time:" DOH!
jeffro503
5/3/2012 8:55pm
lostboy819 wrote:

dboivin wrote:
lostboy819 wrote:
As you can see almost all of my posts other than these guys :) :P :blink: :blush: B) say in the right upper corner "Edited Date/Time:"...
As you can see almost all of my posts other than these guys SmileTongueBlinkBlushCool say in the right upper corner "Edited Date/Time:" DOH!
LB.....I hereby declare you get a full friggin' pass to spell anything....any way you want to from now on. So says jeffro!!

It has to be tough going through life like that.....but it sounds like you have made the best of things. And like what Dbolvin posted above.....you're light years ahead of some of these idiots.
Avenger319
5/3/2012 10:05pm Edited Date/Time 5/3/2012 10:05pm
Is that how you spell Home-Schooled? "Howm skoold"Laughing
lostboy819
Fantasy
1342nd
5/3/2012 10:26pm Edited Date/Time 5/3/2012 10:27pm
dboivin wrote:
lostboy819 wrote:
As you can see almost all of my posts other than these guys :) :P :blink: :blush: B) say in the right upper corner "Edited Date/Time:"...
jeffro503 wrote:
LB.....I hereby declare you get a full friggin' pass to spell anything....any way you want to from now on. So says jeffro!! It has to be...
LB.....I hereby declare you get a full friggin' pass to spell anything....any way you want to from now on. So says jeffro!!

It has to be tough going through life like that.....but it sounds like you have made the best of things. And like what Dbolvin posted above.....you're light years ahead of some of these idiots.
It works to my advantage , believe me. Wink The big bummer is the cost of hearing aids. For me they run about 6k a set and I need to replace them about every three years. I dont have it bad,hearing everything is not all its cracked up to be or so I have heardBlink
JB 19
5/3/2012 10:31pm
I saw a statistic once that concluded that 80% of people think they are above average drivers. I guess with home skuuled math that could be possible.
MelonFan123
5/3/2012 10:57pm
one of the biggest offenses that i see/hear all the time nowadays is "i seen..."

"Last week i seen this guy at the track..."

man that one really gets under my skin for some reason.
SEEMEFIRST
5/4/2012 12:52am
lostboy819 wrote:
So your deafness effects direction too? Because I believe the "Edited" thingy is in the left corner...just sayin'.

Sorry, man, I have no will power.
Avenger319
5/4/2012 5:28am
SEEMEFIRST wrote:
So your deafness effects direction too? Because I believe the "Edited" thingy is in the left corner...just sayin'.

Sorry, man, I have no will power.
One thing we have learned on here is we need to becarefull on what we are, just saying. Apparently its bad to say "just saying".Grinning
yosmithy
5/4/2012 5:31am
GuyB wrote:
why do you have to be so hateful?

Post a reply to: Howm skoold

The Latest