How would you handle this Rocky Mountain Atv Mc problem

RY9MX
Edited Date/Time 1/19/2016 8:33am
So, most of the time I use BTO or motosport, but I used rmatvmc for some tires. I was expecting them on Monday. Monday afternoon comes around, and I don't receive anything, so I check the tracking. It says package was delivered, even though I never got anything. I go round and round with RM and fed ex. In the end they, (RM), say tough luck, no insurance on deliveries, and I would have to buy the tires again (about a $325 purchase). What would you do?
|
1/15/2016 2:46pm
Sounds like a FedEx or UPS problem assuming you put your address in correctly.
Titan1
1/15/2016 2:47pm
It does sound like a fed ex or UPS issue...check the address...call them and find out what the problem is.

Did someone steal them off your porch?

djc
1/15/2016 2:48pm
Yeah I had this happen to me once but they delivered it to the wrong place which was a hospital and figured it out quick
Firefly47
1/15/2016 2:49pm Edited Date/Time 1/15/2016 2:50pm
Probably stolen after delivery.
Did you mandate a signature upon delivery?

The Shop

gpracer36
1/15/2016 2:51pm
not RMATV issue, Fed Ex issue. They lost your tires or sent them to the wrong address. I would be pissed too though. But if you look at it logically, once Fed Ex loaded them in their truck, the responsibility is on them to deliver them to the correct address.
1/15/2016 2:52pm
I had a bad delivery when I used to live in the barracks. I got on the phone with UPS and they eventually got it sorted out.
moto469
1/15/2016 2:59pm
RY9MX wrote:
So, most of the time I use BTO or motosport, but I used rmatvmc for some tires. I was expecting them on Monday. Monday afternoon comes...
So, most of the time I use BTO or motosport, but I used rmatvmc for some tires. I was expecting them on Monday. Monday afternoon comes around, and I don't receive anything, so I check the tracking. It says package was delivered, even though I never got anything. I go round and round with RM and fed ex. In the end they, (RM), say tough luck, no insurance on deliveries, and I would have to buy the tires again (about a $325 purchase). What would you do?
RMATV is actually in charge of dealing with this. I am very familiar with them and have several friends that work at the warehouse in Utah. Call back and get someone different on the line.They get ahold of whoever the shipping company is and if nothing can be solved they will get you a replacement.
mxb2
1/15/2016 3:02pm
Firefly47 wrote:
Probably stolen after delivery.
Did you mandate a signature upon delivery?
X2, ends any chance of being stolen, or misplaced.
SEE ARE125
1/15/2016 3:10pm
I'd be polite as possible at first. You get more help when you're not a dick. (Not saying you were being a dick). Anyway, WORST case scenario if it's not resolved is to dispute it with your credit card company. You paid for something you didn't receive.
1/15/2016 3:13pm
My mom had the same problem with Fed ex and NHL, they both said it was the other company. Her money got refunded by NHL since she never got the package. Showed up three days later.

So ya might just hang on for a few days...Wink
jeffro503
1/15/2016 3:14pm
I can tell you that in the past 4yrs of living here in Portland , 3 different times UPS has delivered my stuff to the wrong house.....and then they denied ever doing it! One item in paticular was an $800.00 RC radio controller. 2 days went by and I couldn't get UPS to help on anything , except to say " We're sorry but it was delivered to your house."

I took it upon myself to go around and ask all my neighbors and none of them had seen my packagae. There is an abandoned hose 4 doors down from mine and I went up to it and low and behold....there was my fucking package sitting on the porch! It sat there in plain site for 3 days at that abandoned house. I called UPS and went off on them to say the least. The other two times I actually had neighbors honest enough to deliver it to me , and I've done the same when I get their stuff.

Christmas Eve 2yrs ago I got a package and didn't open it , because I had a feeling it was a certain item I ordered that just got here faster than expected. It wasn't! I looked at the address and it was for a family about 4 - 5 houses down and it was a brand new Xbox they had ordered for their kid. Even though it was late , they were very happy to receive it. Wish I would of looked at the label sooner.

UPS freakin sucks!
zehn
1/15/2016 3:18pm
Hm, while I can see where you're coming from, RMA did everything they needed to on their end (fulfill your order and get it shipped). Now your gripe is with FedEx. RMA could go above and beyond and offer you a full replacement (which it sounds like they won't, I wouldn't either TBH).

As mentioned before, you could try and bring the issue up with your CC company.
TeamGreen
1/15/2016 3:24pm
Use AmEx
"Signature Required"...ALWAYS & NOT NEGOTIABLE

Pleaae report back on your results.
Dtat720
1/15/2016 3:31pm
Before RMA csn move on it, you will have to start a lost package claim with the shipper. Give that info to RMA and they will handle it from there. You get your tires, the shipper reimburses RMA, and if the package is found, send it back.
Starcrossed
1/15/2016 3:33pm
Sounds like somebody else grabbed it. Has the package carrier been experiencing any other losses in your area? If it hasn't been stolen, it should make it's way to you in time.

If your credit card has purchase protection, that would be one way to resolve it...assuming it doesn't show up.
rcannon
1/15/2016 3:48pm
Call your credit card company. Thats why we use them, right? They will have it handled in 30 seconds. Then let rm deal with the shipping company.

That being said, I've dealt with rocky mountain for 10 years. Every problem I've had (two) was handled in one phone call. They dont rip people off.

Torco1
1/15/2016 3:56pm
Damn, what a crazy coincidence.....when I got home from work earlier this week someone had sent me a new set of tires for free......they were just sitting there on my porch.
LungButter
1/15/2016 4:04pm
Oddly enough, I bought a tire from RM earlier this year and 2 showed up. Upon closer inspection the other guys shipping label had fallen inside the tire and somehow the warehouse packaged them both together.

I called RM, they told me to just keep it and they'd send out a replacement to the other guy ASAP.

I'd try another phone call, sounds like you didn't talk to the right person.
ToolMaker
Fantasy
726th
1/15/2016 4:09pm
Torco1 wrote:
Damn, what a crazy coincidence.....when I got home from work earlier this week someone had sent me a new set of tires for free......they were just...
Damn, what a crazy coincidence.....when I got home from work earlier this week someone had sent me a new set of tires for free......they were just sitting there on my porch.
yeah, but they are Florida sand tires, what the hell, use them anyway Wink
Jharper
1/15/2016 4:15pm
RY9MX wrote:
So, most of the time I use BTO or motosport, but I used rmatvmc for some tires. I was expecting them on Monday. Monday afternoon comes...
Dispute the charge on your card and tell them you never signed for the package and it wasn't delivered
kaptkaos
1/15/2016 4:17pm
Call Credit Card company. Problem solved. Its not your fault.
1/15/2016 4:28pm
Ordered from partzilla and received my 4 stroke topend and valve parts in an envelope. Also in there was parts for a honda car. Handle and lock. Wtf. Luckily the rings did not get bend.
731chopper
Fantasy
355th
1/15/2016 4:45pm
If you've exhausted the opportunity to speak to a manager/supervisor at RM then call your credit card company as a last resort like others have suggested.

I had a package from BTO never show up even though it said it was delivered last year. I called BTO and they told me they had to start a claim with Fed Ex and the process takes 5-7 days. So I waited a little over 2 weeks before I contacted them again. They said they would check on the status of the claim and later that day I got an email confirmation for another package being shipped out. I don't know if Fed Ex paid for that or if BTO did but I ultimately got my stuff (Airbrake goggle and some tear offs) and I understand mistakes happen so I was happy.
1/15/2016 4:48pm
Last year I ordered about $400 worth of gear online. FedEx confirmed it was delivered but I never got it. 2 weeks later a neighbor boy who was probably 10 rode his bicycle past my house wearing one of my ordered Fox jerseys with my name and racing number on the back (even tho it was way too big for him.) Turns out they delivered it to the wrong house and the kids parents decided to keep it.
Josh422
1/15/2016 4:49pm
RM needs to start the claim with the shipping company. They'll relay your contact information and FedEx will confirm that you did not receive it. After they check whatever they need to on their end, they give the shipper credit and RM can send you another order. Typically.

Call RM, be patient, ask for a manager and explain the situation. More often than not the person you are talking to will try and get your information to check into it and call you back. I would politely explain that you would like to wait on hold while they take care of it now. It may take a few extra minutes on hold but ensures that the guy wont put it off and drop the ball by mistake. Just be cool, and don't let them "call you back". Also, not calling on a Monday or Weekend would improve your odds and good service.

Tracktor
1/15/2016 4:51pm
I'm sorry until a paid for item is delivered to me and I receive it the onus is on the seller. They need to take steps to correct the issue not me. That said, RMATV is usually very good at taking care of these things? Telling you it's not their problem doesn't sound right.............
Insider347
1/15/2016 5:19pm
Does tracking say it was delivered to your address? Correct address? If so I think everyone is right above, dispute the charge. You didn't get what you paid for.
Sandberm
1/15/2016 5:40pm
Last year I ordered about $400 worth of gear online. FedEx confirmed it was delivered but I never got it. 2 weeks later a neighbor boy...
Last year I ordered about $400 worth of gear online. FedEx confirmed it was delivered but I never got it. 2 weeks later a neighbor boy who was probably 10 rode his bicycle past my house wearing one of my ordered Fox jerseys with my name and racing number on the back (even tho it was way too big for him.) Turns out they delivered it to the wrong house and the kids parents decided to keep it.
Thats messed up.

People are such assholes.
1/15/2016 5:42pm
Last year I ordered about $400 worth of gear online. FedEx confirmed it was delivered but I never got it. 2 weeks later a neighbor boy...
Sandberm wrote:
Thats messed up.

People are such assholes.
His parents sure got an earful from me.
ChrisB10
1/15/2016 5:44pm
WTF!

Post a reply to: How would you handle this Rocky Mountain Atv Mc problem

The Latest