How would you feel if you bought this bike? *Important Update*

OldPro277
11/18/2019 2:49pm
A great ending that shows that 2 level-headed professional types can iron out the toughest problem. Way to go ,glad it worked out.
mikec265
11/18/2019 8:00pm
I suppose I'll take back the scumbag comment and save it for the next MPS conversion thread

The Shop

Boomslang
Fantasy
657th
11/18/2019 8:31pm
Great news for you and Derek is for sure a stand up guy. Nothing better than a happy ending.

I'll be rooting for these guys race team in future.
jeffro503
11/18/2019 8:47pm
Tbteam wrote:
I wanted to let everyone here know recent developments with the bike and my interactions with the seller. I think that after a thread like this...
I wanted to let everyone here know recent developments with the bike and my interactions with the seller. I think that after a thread like this is out there for a while that I need to really be forthright with the outcome.

I've had a few conversation with Derek over the past week. During this time, not only has he been very accommodating and truthful, he has never once given me the impression that he knew of the deficiencies of the bike, nor did he ever lead me to believe that it was my problem and he was unwilling to figure things out.

As is the case with most Canadian people that I have done business with during my life, (there's been quite a few), Derek has been open and honest about this entire thing. And let me say clearly that we didn't "make a deal" contingent on me coming on here and saying nice things about him or his business.

I've been hard to reach over the past few days, but Derek made sure that I knew that he was making every effort to talk to me and work everything out to my satisfaction, which we did this afternoon. Without going into details, I think he has been very fair to me. He even offered a full refund including shipping back to Canada. I'm too far down the rebuild road, but that was a stand up thing to do.

Here's what really caught me by surprise... after we came to and agreement on what I would be happy with, and after we sort of "shook hands" over the phone, he said, "now that we have that all worked out, let me ask you one more thing." Derek then went on to ask me if there was ANYTHING else that he might do for me to make me happy. He offered to have me as a guest to their Canadian national, he offered to have me and a friend come up and basically be VIP guests and have bikes to ride and a real red carpet deal at Gopher Dunes. I didn't ask for anything, he offered because he felt terrible about what I'd experienced. I honestly don't know if I'll be able to take advantage of his offer, but I'd sure love to. I grew up near Buffalo, about an hour and a half away.

In the middle of all this drama last week, one of his immediate family members had major surgery. Serious stuff. Derek remembered that he needed to do something for me while he was at the hospital and sent funds to my PayPal, just so I would know that he hadn't forgotten.

All in all, the bike will get rebuilt within the next week or two. All new stuff and it will be great. Regardless, I have to say I'm really impressed with the actions that Derek took to make sure that I felt better about this deal. I can honestly say that he's a good guy, with a good heart. End of story.

Look for a new thread dealing with the rebirth of the McGrath bike. Thanks.

Mark
Awesome to hear Derek is working with you to make things right. Honestly , that seems to be a rare quality now days. Good luck with the future build Mark.
BobbyM
11/18/2019 9:17pm
Tbteam wrote:
I wanted to let everyone here know recent developments with the bike and my interactions with the seller. I think that after a thread like this...
I wanted to let everyone here know recent developments with the bike and my interactions with the seller. I think that after a thread like this is out there for a while that I need to really be forthright with the outcome.

I've had a few conversation with Derek over the past week. During this time, not only has he been very accommodating and truthful, he has never once given me the impression that he knew of the deficiencies of the bike, nor did he ever lead me to believe that it was my problem and he was unwilling to figure things out.

As is the case with most Canadian people that I have done business with during my life, (there's been quite a few), Derek has been open and honest about this entire thing. And let me say clearly that we didn't "make a deal" contingent on me coming on here and saying nice things about him or his business.

I've been hard to reach over the past few days, but Derek made sure that I knew that he was making every effort to talk to me and work everything out to my satisfaction, which we did this afternoon. Without going into details, I think he has been very fair to me. He even offered a full refund including shipping back to Canada. I'm too far down the rebuild road, but that was a stand up thing to do.

Here's what really caught me by surprise... after we came to and agreement on what I would be happy with, and after we sort of "shook hands" over the phone, he said, "now that we have that all worked out, let me ask you one more thing." Derek then went on to ask me if there was ANYTHING else that he might do for me to make me happy. He offered to have me as a guest to their Canadian national, he offered to have me and a friend come up and basically be VIP guests and have bikes to ride and a real red carpet deal at Gopher Dunes. I didn't ask for anything, he offered because he felt terrible about what I'd experienced. I honestly don't know if I'll be able to take advantage of his offer, but I'd sure love to. I grew up near Buffalo, about an hour and a half away.

In the middle of all this drama last week, one of his immediate family members had major surgery. Serious stuff. Derek remembered that he needed to do something for me while he was at the hospital and sent funds to my PayPal, just so I would know that he hadn't forgotten.

All in all, the bike will get rebuilt within the next week or two. All new stuff and it will be great. Regardless, I have to say I'm really impressed with the actions that Derek took to make sure that I felt better about this deal. I can honestly say that he's a good guy, with a good heart. End of story.

Look for a new thread dealing with the rebirth of the McGrath bike. Thanks.

Mark
Looks like you can thank the Motodrive forum for scooting this along to happy place. Right on Mark.
11/18/2019 10:38pm
I love when stories like this have a happy ending, I think the fact you guys could resolve this so well speaks wonders of both parties.
BUILD THREAD PLEASE!!

Post a reply to: How would you feel if you bought this bike? *Important Update*

The Latest