How would Trey, Brock and Zack do?

pummel
Fantasy
432nd
Edited Date/Time 3/31/2022 12:05am
Just hypothetical how would Trey Cannard do if he decided to line up? Brock Tickle? Zacko? Crazy how much talent is at most races not racing.
My guess with the current depleted field-
Trey- 8-10
Brock 5-7
Zack 4-6
|
TeamGreen
3/29/2022 10:29pm
pummel wrote:
Just hypothetical how would Trey Cannard do if he decided to line up? Brock Tickle? Zacko? Crazy how much talent is at most races not racing...
Just hypothetical how would Trey Cannard do if he decided to line up? Brock Tickle? Zacko? Crazy how much talent is at most races not racing.
My guess with the current depleted field-
Trey- 8-10
Brock 5-7
Zack 4-6
I get the feeling Broc is riding as well…as fast as he ever has…if not faster.

And he’s happy doin’ what he’s doin’. And El Hombé is happy that Broc is doin what he’s doin.
olds cool
3/29/2022 10:35pm
I thought I remembered hearing Broc say that part of his deal with Kawi was to be a fill in if the situation arose. I guess I was just imagining that.
Sully
3/29/2022 10:42pm
Swap talked to Osborne in his last Life On Two Wheels vlog, and he said he can't go more than a few laps without his back hurting, so even hypothetically speaking, I don't think he would do very well at all. Sucks he went out like that, because he was hauling ass.
Dan541
Fantasy
2619th
3/30/2022 2:02am
olds cool wrote:
I thought I remembered hearing Broc say that part of his deal with Kawi was to be a fill in if the situation arose. I guess...
I thought I remembered hearing Broc say that part of his deal with Kawi was to be a fill in if the situation arose. I guess I was just imagining that.
They did say that. But I believe I heard afterwards that because Jason was riding so well and in the championship hunt they didn't want to change anything about the program. Maybe that changes now that Eli basically has it on lock. Would be cool to see.

The Shop

bowl
3/30/2022 2:32am
Trey any day over Brock.
cwel11
3/30/2022 2:39am
Trey was a bad dude on a bike. Unfortunately he could just look at a dirt bike and get hurt. With these tracks he’d be out faster than everyone else already out.
mx313
3/30/2022 3:14am
olds cool wrote:
I thought I remembered hearing Broc say that part of his deal with Kawi was to be a fill in if the situation arose. I guess...
I think if both riders were out he would ride.
davis224
Fantasy
165th
3/30/2022 3:20am
Wasn't Honda trying to get Trey to race a few years ago because he was riding so good at the test track?
pbody
Fantasy
347th
3/30/2022 6:45am
olds cool wrote:
When AC92 got hurt, Broc was also hurt himself from a recent at-that-time practice crash.
fourfourone
3/30/2022 6:55am
Sully wrote:
Swap talked to Osborne in his last Life On Two Wheels vlog, and he said he can't go more than a few laps without his back...
Swap talked to Osborne in his last Life On Two Wheels vlog, and he said he can't go more than a few laps without his back hurting, so even hypothetically speaking, I don't think he would do very well at all. Sucks he went out like that, because he was hauling ass.
Zach said on pulp he plans on doing a ton of different racing this year.
Natester551v
3/30/2022 7:04am
Sully wrote:
Swap talked to Osborne in his last Life On Two Wheels vlog, and he said he can't go more than a few laps without his back...
As much as I'd love to see Zach do rally stuff, that doesn't bode well. I could be wrong, but two weeks on the bike is probably not what his back needs. He'd be awesome in any offroad discipline (he's had some great results in the past), but I wonder if those days are gone now...

It's been fun watching Andrew Short ride WORCS and Dakar, but it's looking more like he's kind of done as well now that Yamaha pulled out of rally raid.
UpTiTe
Fantasy
4091st
3/30/2022 7:24am
olds cool wrote:
It was, but they think he is to valuable in his current position and they don’t want him hurt.
3/30/2022 7:52am
olds cool wrote:
UpTiTe wrote:
It was, but they think he is to valuable in his current position and they don’t want him hurt.
Is he testing for Kawi?
pummel
Fantasy
432nd
3/30/2022 8:08am
Brock Tickle is training and testing with Factory Kawi
Trey is testing for Factory Honda
Zacko is now a brand ambassador for Husky and will be riding select events like Worcs, World Vet and 2 stroke Championships.
rf928
3/30/2022 8:10am
Trey would provide flashes of blazing speed with bubba level scrubs, followed by crashes of epic proportions and possibly a medic flag or 2.

Oh and before the medic flag he would be following someone so close he could count the beads of sweat running down their neck, terrifying the rider in front of him as well as terrifying me behind my computer.

Man, I miss Trey. All time favourite rider.
3/30/2022 8:42am Edited Date/Time 3/30/2022 8:43am
I love going back and watching those epic outdoor battles between Trey and Stewart. Trey could freaking haul the mail.
UpTiTe
Fantasy
4091st
3/30/2022 8:58am
olds cool wrote:
UpTiTe wrote:
Is he testing for Kawi?
Yes, but his impact has been with Jason Anderson.
TeamGreen
3/30/2022 9:43am
UpTiTe wrote:
Is he testing for Kawi?
UpTiTe wrote:
Yes, but his impact has been with Jason Anderson.
There it is.

What they have is working. I, too, would LOVE to see Broc "get in" one of the races before the season's over; but, everyone, including Broc...is very happy with the way things are going & they don't seem to want to mess with it.
TeamGreen
3/30/2022 9:49am
Sully wrote:
As much as I'd love to see Zach do rally stuff, that doesn't bode well. I could be wrong, but two weeks on the bike is...
As much as I'd love to see Zach do rally stuff, that doesn't bode well. I could be wrong, but two weeks on the bike is probably not what his back needs. He'd be awesome in any offroad discipline (he's had some great results in the past), but I wonder if those days are gone now...

It's been fun watching Andrew Short ride WORCS and Dakar, but it's looking more like he's kind of done as well now that Yamaha pulled out of rally raid.
Zach is still healing. His back is on the mend; so, who knows what the future holds for him...?

Andrew could still end up with a Rally ride...or an R&D ride with a focus on Rally...or...other development work. There are quite a few people in this in industry that know he's good at it (Testing and Development). I've heard his name mentioned among one of the current leaders of testing & development. Besides all that? He's having fun riding -here- again...at local events.
Natester551v
3/30/2022 12:41pm
TeamGreen wrote:
Zach is still healing. His back is on the mend; so, who knows what the future holds for him...? Andrew could still end up with a...
Zach is still healing. His back is on the mend; so, who knows what the future holds for him...?

Andrew could still end up with a Rally ride...or an R&D ride with a focus on Rally...or...other development work. There are quite a few people in this in industry that know he's good at it (Testing and Development). I've heard his name mentioned among one of the current leaders of testing & development. Besides all that? He's having fun riding -here- again...at local events.
Great to hear on both counts - they're great dudes! I selfishly want to see them keep riding in some form of offroad...

Funny story - I was at the Primm WORCS race a couple of years ago, and I hung around for the Pro practice after my Vet B race. Andrew drove up with his wife after having flown in from Dakar - totally jetlagged. He suited up right before the practice, went out and totally crushed it. He hadn't walked any of the track, so you could see him checking out upcoming sections during airtime over jumps. I remember Ryno doing something similar at the Mesquite WORCS when he was racing for Suzuki offroad. Those dudes are amazing....so fun to watch.
aeffertz
3/30/2022 3:58pm Edited Date/Time 3/30/2022 4:00pm
Broc never finished in the top 10 once last year, even with the depleted field. I have a hard time seeing him 5-7 if he decided to jump in right now.

He was finishing 13-17 usually.
TeamGreen
3/30/2022 4:27pm
aeffertz wrote:
Broc never finished in the top 10 once last year, even with the depleted field. I have a hard time seeing him 5-7 if he decided...
Broc never finished in the top 10 once last year, even with the depleted field. I have a hard time seeing him 5-7 if he decided to jump in right now.

Food for thought…

He’s now on a Factory Kawasaki SR450.
Spends his days spinning laps with JA21.
He seems more committed to what he’s doing than I’ve -ever- seen him.

So, I wouldn’t be too surprised if he performed considerably better nowadays.
Sully
3/30/2022 9:10pm
cwel11 wrote:
Trey was a bad dude on a bike. Unfortunately he could just look at a dirt bike and get hurt. With these tracks he’d be out...
Trey was a bad dude on a bike. Unfortunately he could just look at a dirt bike and get hurt. With these tracks he’d be out faster than everyone else already out.
GL just posted this to his Instagram page. Trey was definitely a badass.

pummel
Fantasy
432nd
3/30/2022 11:30pm
aeffertz wrote:
Broc never finished in the top 10 once last year, even with the depleted field. I have a hard time seeing him 5-7 if he decided...

SLC1 ‘21 take away the currrently hurt guys Tickle is 7th
Motofinne
3/31/2022 12:05am
aeffertz wrote:

TeamGreen wrote:
Food for thought… He’s now on a Factory Kawasaki SR450. Spends his days spinning laps with JA21. He seems more committed to what he’s doing than...
Food for thought…

He’s now on a Factory Kawasaki SR450.
Spends his days spinning laps with JA21.
He seems more committed to what he’s doing than I’ve -ever- seen him.

So, I wouldn’t be too surprised if he performed considerably better nowadays.
The thing with Tickle is that usually he performs the same no matter what bike or program he's on.

I agree with Aeffertz. Top 10 would be tough, even in this current field.

Post a reply to: How would Trey, Brock and Zack do?

The Latest