How will World SX keep the gates filled?

Related:
Create New Tag

6/2/2022 1:44 PM

From my understanding.. it's 10 teams, with 2 riders each class and zero "privateers." That doesn't leave any room for riders that may drop due to injuries. Will teams just have to find replacements ASAP in between rounds?

|

6/2/2022 1:48 PM

I think the team will have fill in riders if need be. It’s a very similar model to Formula 1 I believe. I guess we will see how it works out if a rider gets hurt in practice or something.

|

6/2/2022 1:50 PM

They will either have a fill-in ready, or pull a fan out of the stands

|

6/2/2022 1:58 PM
Edited Date/Time: 6/2/2022 2:25 PM

What I wonder right now is how they will get the stadiums filled -and their bank account, since the official business plan where cash grows on trees is a load of crap.

Up till now, second and third-tier teams hiring second and third-tier racers to race wherever with a very uncertain calendar.
Sure hope for them SXglobal got aces up their sleeve, because as of now, to me, it's not selling the dream. Nor tickets.

Right now, it's more like TBAglobal.

|

6/2/2022 2:36 PM

vincefriese wrote:

From my understanding.. it's 10 teams, with 2 riders each class and zero "privateers." That doesn't leave any room for riders ...more

Yep, otherwise the teams get fines... Oh and besides the 10 teams there is room for two wildcards every round. Lets bring back Windham, Pourcel, Pastrana, ...

|

6/2/2022 2:47 PM

KONG wrote:

What I wonder right now is how they will get the stadiums filled -and their bank account, since the official business plan ...more

Um there’s a fuckload of fans in other countries… plus other countries their fans actually show up to one off racing events…I’ll never get this line of thinking that the other places have no fans

|

"Life is Too Short To Last Long"

6/2/2022 2:49 PM

GrapeApe wrote:

sounds like a 90's episode of American Gladiators

|

6/2/2022 2:53 PM

KONG wrote:

What I wonder right now is how they will get the stadiums filled -and their bank account, since the official business plan ...more

Dude, cash growing on trees is so 20th century....

The hot business model these days is to grow it in the ground, like potatoes. At the current rate, dimes planted in early spring mature into dollars by autumn.

|

Braaapin' aint easy.

6/2/2022 3:29 PM

KONG wrote:

i know in aus for AUS X Open, the state/city put money towards the event to help bring revenue to the area.
And on top.. Every AUS X Open has been a filled stadium.

|

6/2/2022 3:33 PM

Falcon wrote:

Dude, cash growing on trees is so 20th century....

The hot business model these days is to grow it in the ground, like ...more

I take good note.
wink

|

6/2/2022 3:39 PM

Motodave15 wrote:

Um there’s a fuckload of fans in other countries… plus other countries their fans actually show up to one off racing events…I’ ...more

Absolutely not what I imply.
Just that for now, the bankable names that sell tickets are in between scarce and totally absent.
Maybe it'll change...

|

6/2/2022 3:41 PM

deanwhite51 wrote:

i know in aus for AUS X Open, the state/city put money towards the event to help bring revenue to the area.
And on top.. ...more

They'd better if they want to be on the schedule. It sure ain't cheap.

|

6/2/2022 4:14 PM

Hopefully if they have a lot of injures they have more luck than Forrest did in Seattle

|

6/2/2022 4:14 PM

KONG wrote:

deanwhite51 wrote:

And on top.. ...more

Hi mate,

Did you go to both the Sydney ones and then the Melbourne one?

Matt

|

Just an old ex racer who wasnt as fast or as cool as he thought he was!!!

6/2/2022 4:30 PM

KONG wrote:

deanwhite51 wrote:

And on top.. ...more

mattdavison wrote:

Hi mate,

Matt

yeah mate, havnt missed one in AUS yet

|

6/2/2022 4:36 PM

deanwhite51 wrote:

And on top.. ...more

mattdavison wrote:

Hi mate,

Matt

deanwhite51 wrote:

Awesome, which one was your favourite?
We're from WA so have to fly but found Olympic park pretty quiet of a night but loved the arena as you were so close but Melbourne was huge! the crowd was amazing but hated that you couldn't get to the pits!

Matt

|

6/2/2022 5:40 PM

mattdavison wrote:

Hi mate,

Matt

deanwhite51 wrote:

mattdavison wrote:

We're from WA so have to fly but found Olympic park pretty quiet of a night but loved ...more

personaly i liked Melbourne better,
I think there was more to do before and after the event and the location was crazy! especialy being indoor stadium.
As well as being a change of scenery and lifestyle

Your right about the pits, but i feel the atmosphere made up for it.

Sydney is good, but i feel it has outgrown the stadium. and the olympic park is a little out of the way for people who are visiting.

|

6/2/2022 6:09 PM

deanwhite51 wrote:

mattdavison wrote:

We're from WA so have to fly but found Olympic park pretty quiet of a night but loved ...more

deanwhite51 wrote:

I think there was more to do before and after the event and the location was crazy! ...more

mate, I seen you were from NSW but didnt want to rag on Sydney to much.
Melb was a lot better just for accessibility and location, we stayed opposite the train station so a 4 minute walk to marvel and food and shops everywhere.
Only down side was, like i said, the pit access and i thought the celebrity and drum off needed some work but the rest was amazing. Pretty cool to see the start of Jetts career as a pro at that event and pretty much the end of Reeds.

|

6/2/2022 6:34 PM

GrapeApe wrote:

peelout wrote:

Joes vs Pros, SX version…

|

6/2/2022 7:00 PM

mattdavison wrote:

deanwhite51 wrote:

I think there was more to do before and after the event and the location was crazy! ...more

mattdavison wrote:

mate, I seen you were from NSW but didnt want to rag on Sydney to much.
Melb was a lot better just for accessibility and ...more

hahaha yeah im 3 hours north of sydney coastal. i stay clear of the area.
but your spot on, Mlebourne was a world class event and see Reed finish up with Jetts start was amazing.
especilly seeing Reeds last race before he went to America at the start to his final race. cool bit of history to witness.

|

6/2/2022 7:06 PM

GrapeApe wrote:

|

6/2/2022 7:10 PM

KONG wrote:

deanwhite51 wrote:

And on top.. ...more

A filled stadium for Aus X open was how many people? An honest question…

|

I’M NOT F*#$ING SWAP….OK!

6/2/2022 7:16 PM

KONG wrote:

deanwhite51 wrote:

And on top.. ...more

DonM wrote:

35 k marvel stadium 2019

|

6/2/2022 7:21 PM

KONG wrote:

deanwhite51 wrote:

And on top.. ...more

DonM wrote:

The rounds in Sydney were between 15-17,000 but over 2 nights before it moved to Melbourne in 2019.

|

6/2/2022 7:46 PM

KONG wrote:

Absolutely not what I imply.
Just that for now, the bankable names that sell tickets are in between scarce and totally absent. ...more

I don't think any racers have been officially announced yet.

Rumors of Seely, Brayton, Musquin and Osborne so far. If 3 or 4 of those guys are actually in, it ought to be enough to get a lot of people to check it out.

|

6/2/2022 11:54 PM

Neither Brayton nor Seely are rumors. They've both been officially announced.

|

6/3/2022 12:07 AM

Seems a lot of people just want to doubt this series and put negativity on it.

|

6/3/2022 1:17 AM

Believe the hype.
smile

|

6/3/2022 3:56 AM
Edited Date/Time: 6/3/2022 3:58 AM

GrapeApe wrote:

seth505 wrote:

Has anyone ever got an update on Brandon? I've watched it a bunch of times but I'm still amazed. You couldn't have written a better lap if you tried. I thought 7s were lucky? Really keen to spectate now. I'll come in my gear.

|

6/3/2022 6:53 AM
Edited Date/Time: 6/3/2022 6:55 AM

GrapeApe wrote:

peelout wrote:

You put Malibu on a bike and I'll chase this series around the world to watch him win the whole sumbitch.

|