How were the Turnouts at your local tracks this year ?

Related:
Create New Tag

9/8/2019 1:20 PM

I haven't went to many but , the ones I did go to had A maybe hundred people and 3-5 per class on average.
J Mart was at a local race this weekend

|

9/8/2019 1:22 PM

|

9/8/2019 1:23 PM

Great, motocross is doing fantastic here

|

9/8/2019 1:29 PM

It seems like it’s making a comeback here in Georgia.

|

9/8/2019 1:33 PM

I think you found the problem. 100 riders and 3-5 riders per class average, that's around 20 classes. I wouldn't turn up for that either

|

9/8/2019 1:35 PM

Make the races worth coming to and people will show up.

Quality track time, on a great fun safe race track, and make the prizes substantial and you won’t have an attendance issue.

|

9/8/2019 1:42 PM

Turnouts in Mn went to crap in the early 2000’s. Can anyone remember what huge thing changed in our sport internationally during that time? We all got right on board, didn’t we.

|

9/8/2019 1:46 PM

Motocross does well here in NC.

|

“Let the Good Times Roll”

9/8/2019 1:58 PM

Tarz483 wrote:

I haven't went to many but , the ones I did go to had A maybe hundred people and 3-5 per class on average.

Apologies for deviate from topic, but how does JM6 looks? Is he crazy fast already?

|

9/8/2019 2:04 PM

Still laughable but slightly up from last year I’d say

|

9/8/2019 2:17 PM

Just raced in Wichita last weekend for Kansas State MX Championship and there were 320 entries. Outside of LL qualifiers, that might be the biggest race in Kansas ever. The KMCS series is doing well for a state that is overall dying (outside of motocross).

Missouri state series is way way down, but Saturday night single races at Challenge Trax are getting 140-200 average. It's also been a really shitty year with rainouts.

I know Oklahoma is suffering too, but has seen a small renaissance with J-bob's on the rise.

After talking to people all over the country and following a bunch a kick ass tracks on IG I've realized its very compartmentalized in the midwest and more rural areas, yet LL's, Mammoth, Mini-O's are as big as they've ever been. Training facilities are a dime a dozen and have done a great job making people think there is only one way to the top in motocross.

|

9/8/2019 2:21 PM

Track and Trail wrote:

Turnouts in Mn went to crap in the early 2000’s. Can anyone remember what huge thing changed in our sport internationally during that time? We all got right on board, didn’t we.

I notice D23 still runs a North / South schedule. I cant imagine enough participants to support that. It did way back in the day but ive been away for a long time so don't really know.

|

9/8/2019 2:49 PM

FerCzD wrote:

Apologies for deviate from topic, but how does JM6 looks? Is he crazy fast already?

He looked crazy fast. He only ran the practice during the day. Jerry Robin and some other privateer riders where there to judge his speed against. As far as attendance goes I think the 50-85 class seems to be on the rise in Minnesota. The others are down some but the vet class may be starting a come back also .

|

9/8/2019 2:51 PM

Track and Trail wrote:

DA498 wrote:

I notice D23 still runs a North / South schedule. I cant imagine enough participants to support that. It did way back in the day but ive been away for a long time so don't really know.

I think besides Millville in the south, the other south tracks are light on attendance .

|

9/8/2019 2:53 PM

Tarz483 wrote:

Me and a few buddies were there, in that practice with him in it. Needless to say you wonder how anyone can go faster than that when he flys by you. Was a big turnout at Jordan yesterday.

|

9/8/2019 2:55 PM

Track and Trail wrote:

They were still good up until the recession. Remember in the early 2000s we went from 2 tracks racing a weekend to 3. That made a difference.

|

9/8/2019 3:13 PM

motocross not so good...harescrambles we get 150-350+ entries depending on the series and which track it is.

|

I'd like to say welcome aboard and thank you to my sponsors for the 2019 GNCC Season: FCR Suspension, CarbSport, Sunstar EA, Acerbis, Braking Brakes, IMS Products, O'Neal Racing, Twin Air, Evans Waterless Coolants, Skull Candy, OCD Graphics

My Instagram
My Facebook

9/8/2019 3:35 PM

Races seem to be doing pretty well. Last race had 37 kids in the boys 50cc open class, and 27 in 65cc jr.

|

Instagram: logi.bear93
Youtube: Logi. Bear93

9/8/2019 4:08 PM

MX is in the shitter around here...But most of the blame can be placed on the tracks.

We just had a record turnout for our club harescramble two weeks ago. 370 some entries, with a descent crowd of onlookers. Most entrants we’ve had in 30 some years of the race.

|

Jason Anderson FTW

9/8/2019 4:28 PM

Would be cool data from someone to farm out the results/entries per state and run some queries. Would agree offroad racing doing better than motocross/supercross.

My biggest complaint when I raced was you spent an entire day to race 2 motos which typically was 5-6 laps if you did not enter PRO class. Practices were pretty short too. So why pay avg $50 to ride maybe 45 minutes.

The offroad racing (hare scramble) you get to ride 1.5 to 3 hours depending on your class.

|

9/8/2019 4:35 PM
Edited Date/Time: 9/8/2019 4:36 PM

harescrambled wrote:

motocross not so good...harescrambles we get 150-350+ entries depending on the series and which track it is.

Same around here. I do two series here, a few races a year in each. 2nd race in the spring was an AMA east event and I think there were 700 entries between the AM and PM races. AM race got pushed back an hour because so many people were still signing up.

I would say on average its around 300-400 per event combined.

|

9/8/2019 5:00 PM

Haven’t gone to any since Kroc at etown. I ride the pits or hit the track on weekends and get plenty of riding in. No point in me paying $45 bucks to Race 2 4 lap Motos. Be there at 8am and home by 6pm. Not worth to me when I can moto down in the pit and home by 1 with everything washed and cleaned by 230. And still a whole day to do other stuff

|

9/8/2019 5:05 PM
Edited Date/Time: 9/8/2019 9:35 PM

Colorado is way down except for LL qualifiers and races at the Lakewood national track other wise its low. We use to get 500 to 600 riders on a normal race day
The SX series here is even worse,it use to be standing room only at Greeley and qualifiers for every class,now only a hand full of riders in the A classes and no one in the stands.

|

Ed Johnson

9/8/2019 5:17 PM

We went to Reynards this weekend and there were 63 total entries. I was the only guy in the +30 and my son's class 85 9-11 was the biggest at 6. It was a real let down I figured it would be packed but it was pretty hot this weekend too. Like Crutcher said I've heard the same thing about MO state also but the guys that run that series are total buttholes.

|

9/8/2019 5:22 PM

Not good! I like that the races go faster and it seems that everyone knows every one and you see the same guys every weekend which did not happen in the past because now we only have one track.

I am worried that I will not have a track for 2-3 hrs soon.

Maybe next few months I will go from driving 1.5 hrs every weekend to 2-3 hrs.

|

9/8/2019 5:25 PM
Edited Date/Time: 9/8/2019 5:27 PM

On a side note I get the draw of the hare scramble stuff but I just hate it. We don't race nearly as much as we used to because it's drug out so long everywhere. There were 14 races today. It could have been 8-10 easy. The amount of classes needs way cut down on every bike size. Get rid of age group classes for kids and run a novice or beginner and then an advanced. These age groups are out of hand. Vets need 1 class if there are less than 20 people, let's all go together. I would way rather stack classes together more and either get home earlier especially when it's hot or run 3 motos if it's under about 80 degrees. That would help a lot of the track time issues. I will hand it to Reynards they did a great job of not dragging it out today. We are about an hour and a half away and we were home at 3:30. It was the best run event I've been to in quite a long time. I really couldn't believe how low the turnout was.

|

9/8/2019 6:11 PM

The RMX series here in Utah has great results. Probably because if you want to ride that’s the only way for you to do so.

|

9/8/2019 6:33 PM

MX is decent but harescrambles and sprint enduro seem to be where it’s at. I was blown away at the sprint enduro, they had to delay the race an hour because all of the people in line to sign up still.

|

9/8/2019 6:45 PM

I have recently switched over to racing off-road for something different than moto. It’s harder but I’m having a ton of fun racing in the woods. Maybe since I also got back into mountain biking again and they are so similar. Anyway I can show up at a harescramble at 930 am, get something to eat and prep my bike. My heat is at 11am and we race for 2 hrs straight, so I get 2 hrs of seat time instead of 40 minutes. I don’t have to wait for 60 Motos throughout the day and I’m home by 2-230 in the afternoon. The pros race at 130 so I can stay and watch in my shorts and flip flops while eating a sandwich if I want. Such a better program for me now that I’m 30 and have a family that I don’t want to be away from for 12 hrs on a Sunday.

And the turn outs are really good. I think all the C groups combined have close to 150 riders plus a youth day on Saturday and the b’s and A, AA makeup another 50-75 I’d say. The jday races are pulling in a few hundred racers every weekend easily. That is also an awesome format that looks to be picking up steam throughout the country.

|

9/8/2019 7:42 PM
Edited Date/Time: 9/8/2019 7:44 PM

Our racing scene is at the point of no return. No more than 5 Pros (including myself) and 10 Intermediates showing up at the races. Less than a handful of riders will graduate to the Intermediate class each year and we’ll be lucky if 1 of those riders stays committed to the sport. Typically when you get to that level your in you’re mid-late teens and mom and dad stop funding/got to school/a job/can’t get hurt/etc.

The hare scramble circuit has absolutely blown up the last few years.

Location - Canada East Coast

|