How well will Covington do

Related:
Create New Tag

9/5/2018 8:38 PM

If he came into this class id say top 5ish but Plessinger, Osbourne, Martin, Savatgy etc are moving up. Now hell be up against AC, Forkner, AMart, Smith, Hampshire. Prob still top 5ish because I expect them to step up but he has a better shot, hes a fast kid. Yes hes American but hes been over seas for a while so itll probably take a bit to settle in but he should be pretty good. What do u guys think?

|

9/5/2018 8:47 PM

I think top 5 is a good call for the split SX season. I'm sure top 3 and wins are his and his teams goals outdoors. IMHO he has outdoor championship capability IF he can get through SX healthy.

|

9/5/2018 8:51 PM

Top ten.

|

9/5/2018 9:06 PM

If I were him, I would be focused on being consistent and staying healthy for the entire season. That alone is an accomplishment. I’m excited as hell, I’ve been following his career for quite some time now.

|

9/5/2018 10:03 PM

drt410 wrote:

If he came into this class id say top 5ish but Plessinger, Osbourne, Martin, Savatgy etc are moving up. Now hell be up against AC, Forkner, AMart, Smith, Hampshire. Prob still top 5ish because I expect them to step up but he has a better shot, hes a fast kid. Yes hes American but hes been over seas for a while so itll probably take a bit to settle in but he should be pretty good. What do u guys think?

Martin is moving up?

|

A 350 is always the solution.
My favorite time of year is when the biblical rains come to Southern California

9/5/2018 10:24 PM
Edited Date/Time: 9/5/2018 10:26 PM

craigathan404 wrote:

If I were him, I would be focused on being consistent and staying healthy for the entire season. That alone is an accomplishment. I’m excited as hell, I’ve been following his career for quite some time now.

Agreed he took a completely different route and I respect it. He was a top prospect over here it wasnt a last ditch effort like Osbourne. Hes done pretty well over there and has been getting better. Only thing he needs to drop is the bad habit of the Marv/Euro excuse making. I notice in his post race’s every week its one reason or another why he didnt win. Drop that, just say you got beat and need to do better and youll be fine. Not to mention if you always think its something else that caused you to not win, instead of the fact that Prado is just a better rider right now, your not focusing in the right area and on getting to his level. Focus inward, bring that new found fire over here and crush it. Im sure hes going to do well he has the speed and natural talent. Husky is going to be resting on his shoulders for the 250 class. Hell be fine.

|

9/5/2018 10:50 PM

I’m thinking more in the podium range. Several riders are moving up and it wouldn’t surprise me to see him top 3 in points at the end of the year.

|

9/5/2018 11:41 PM

Think of Osborne.... And Covington did better in the GP's than ZO did, so count your blessings.

|

9/5/2018 11:58 PM

Podium, realistically top 5.

|

9/6/2018 2:22 AM

As long as he can get through SX . needs to ride West so he has recovery time and time to get ready for Nationals

|

9/6/2018 2:46 AM

He'll do fine.

?

|

9/6/2018 3:03 AM
Edited Date/Time: 9/6/2018 3:03 AM

Top 5 regularly and top 3 occasionally seems likely Outdoors, with perhaps one or two moto wins thrown in. Definitely at least top 5 overall at the end of the whole thing. Seems like a good guy, hope he does well.

|

9/6/2018 3:41 AM

He could probably be a title contender, But he is a bit inconsistant. Would be surprised if he didnt end up top 4 at the end of the 2019 nationals with a bunch of podiums and some wins.

|

9/6/2018 4:01 AM

Depends on which covington shows up. Sometimes he's just a 10th place guy. Sometimes he can beat anyone.
I'm not sure why it is like that... Although his second half of the season was decent. But he's still 250 points behind Prado. So I wouldn't call him a championship contender in the US.
Race wins and podiums absolutely

|

9/6/2018 4:28 AM

drt410 wrote:

If he came into this class id say top 5ish but Plessinger, Osbourne, Martin, Savatgy etc are moving up. Now hell be up against AC, Forkner, AMart, Smith, Hampshire. Prob still top 5ish because I expect them to step up but he has a better shot, hes a fast kid. Yes hes American but hes been over seas for a while so itll probably take a bit to settle in but he should be pretty good. What do u guys think?

MichaelAndrew93 wrote:

Martin is moving up?

No, both Martin's will be on 250's

|

9/6/2018 6:04 AM

Can’t help but think the differing track conditions (Nats to GP’s) will lessen his impact.

|

9/6/2018 8:44 AM
Edited Date/Time: 9/6/2018 8:44 AM

philG wrote:

As long as he can get through SX . needs to ride West so he has recovery time and time to get ready for Nationals

He needs to ride East as I'm thinking Hunter Lawrence will to get max SX prep time. It all ends on the same day in May at the finals.

|

The older I get, the faster I was.

9/6/2018 10:39 AM

he will be 5-8th. I hope he finds more consistency, real good kid and seems pretty down to earth.

|

9/6/2018 11:40 AM

He will win a Moto.

|

9/6/2018 12:26 PM

drt410 wrote:

If he came into this class id say top 5ish but Plessinger, Osbourne, Martin, Savatgy etc are moving up. Now hell be up against AC, Forkner, AMart, Smith, Hampshire. Prob still top 5ish because I expect them to step up but he has a better shot, hes a fast kid. Yes hes American but hes been over seas for a while so itll probably take a bit to settle in but he should be pretty good. What do u guys think?

MichaelAndrew93 wrote:

Martin is moving up?

DonM wrote:

No, both Martin's will be on 250's

Both? I count 5!

Jeremy, Alex, Vann, Davalos and Castelo. (And I assume they'll all be on 250's in 2019.)

|

9/6/2018 1:30 PM

I think his issue has always been the inexplicable GP's where he comes home 10-20...... but more recently he has been looking the real deal and is mixing it regularly with Jonas and Prado. That combined with his great starting, and familiarity with some of the tracks I think gives him a great chance. He will certainly win some motos ....

no mention of Ferrandis as competition??

|

9/6/2018 1:54 PM

MichaelAndrew93 wrote:

Martin is moving up?

DonM wrote:

No, both Martin's will be on 250's

RichieW13 wrote:

Both? I count 5!

Jeremy, Alex, Vann, Davalos and Castelo. (And I assume they'll all be on 250's in 2019.)

Huh??? What you talking about Willis? The guy asked if Jeremy was moving up what does that have to do with anything you posted?

|

9/6/2018 2:18 PM
Edited Date/Time: 9/6/2018 2:19 PM

CalimeroFan wrote:

Think of Osborne.... And Covington did better in the GP's than ZO did, so count your blessings.

Osborne didn't do that well when he first came back with Geico. He went 7th in SX and 5th outdoors. He ran 4-8th in both series for a few years until he linked up with Aldon Baker.

I think Covington will be a top 5 guy with a podium or two outdoors. That would be solid.

|

9/6/2018 2:44 PM

Championship contender as long as he gets through SX healthy.

|

Twitter: @bayodome
Instagram: @bayodome

9/6/2018 3:06 PM
Edited Date/Time: 9/6/2018 3:07 PM

CalimeroFan wrote:

Think of Osborne.... And Covington did better in the GP's than ZO did, so count your blessings.

kage173 wrote:

Osborne didn't do that well when he first came back with Geico. He went 7th in SX and 5th outdoors. He ran 4-8th in both series for a few years until he linked up with Aldon Baker.

I think Covington will be a top 5 guy with a podium or two outdoors. That would be solid.

Don’t you mean he was a 4-8 guy until he linked up with Husky?

That bike had a hell of a lot more to do with his success than Aldon.

|

9/6/2018 7:38 PM

UpTiTe wrote:

Don’t you mean he was a 4-8 guy until he linked up with Husky?

That bike had a hell of a lot more to do with his success than Aldon.

Did he not blow the husky up a few times in his first year on it?

I seem to remember the year prior to the Aldon move, he had to push it off the track a fair bit.

Seems like the titles and success coincides perfectly with the move to Aldon. Not giving him all the credit at all, just making a point.

|

9/6/2018 7:42 PM

What about Lawrence, he´s fast, super fast, he hasnt got the results because of the hand injury but he was always in the mix aswell.

|