How was your weekend?

450crf_732
Edited Date/Time 3/31/2014 9:50pm
We'll boys/girls I finally was able to go to the track on Sunday after a several month break. Gotta say it felt great, minus battling some arm fatigue.... But it turned out to be a pretty nice day, Comp edge was a blast and I'm pretty sure I saw Swapmoto (DonM) out there as well. Next time I'll post when I'm going and maybe we can get together and have some fun at me riding like a squid.

Anyone else enjoy some riding this weekend? What, When, Where details it's a Monday need some motivation to get to next weekend.
|
JM485
3/31/2014 4:13pm
I actually had a great weekend. Rode the Carnegie harescramble on Sunday and finished second in overall C out of 120 people, and most importantly I ripped the holeshot! Woohoo The winner and I had a pretty awesome battle going for a while, then my rear wheel slipped off the trail and he was able to get by about an hour and ten minutes in. I wasn't able to catch him and ended up about 14 seconds back.Sad Overall though, I'm really happy considering it was only my second one, and I never really got tire throughout the race so my fitness is a lot better. Plus I had a lot of fun!

What wasn't so fun was hacking it up the rest of the day. Not sure if I ate something bad or got dehydrated, but that was not fun at all.Sick
Socket946
3/31/2014 4:22pm
Had a good day, went and rode practice Sunday (yesterday) and I felt good for the most part. Rode tight for a little, and then finally loosened up. My rear tyre is finally shot, so I need to change it badly.
450crf_732
3/31/2014 4:29pm Edited Date/Time 3/31/2014 4:31pm
Socket946 wrote:
Had a good day, went and rode practice Sunday (yesterday) and I felt good for the most part. Rode tight for a little, and then finally...
Had a good day, went and rode practice Sunday (yesterday) and I felt good for the most part. Rode tight for a little, and then finally loosened up. My rear tyre is finally shot, so I need to change it badly.
I hear ya I'm in need of a new rear and front. My front is getting some cracks at the base of the knobies and the back is like running a slick, No bueno.

The Shop

450crf_732
3/31/2014 4:42pm
JM485 wrote:
I actually had a great weekend. Rode the Carnegie harescramble on Sunday and finished second in overall C out of 120 people, and most importantly I...
I actually had a great weekend. Rode the Carnegie harescramble on Sunday and finished second in overall C out of 120 people, and most importantly I ripped the holeshot! Woohoo The winner and I had a pretty awesome battle going for a while, then my rear wheel slipped off the trail and he was able to get by about an hour and ten minutes in. I wasn't able to catch him and ended up about 14 seconds back.Sad Overall though, I'm really happy considering it was only my second one, and I never really got tire throughout the race so my fitness is a lot better. Plus I had a lot of fun!

What wasn't so fun was hacking it up the rest of the day. Not sure if I ate something bad or got dehydrated, but that was not fun at all.Sick
That's awesome man congrates, I can barely spin 3 laps before my arms and hands reach the danger zone... That sucks you got sick... Some guy yesterday was rattling off what he thought were starts and almost nailed a little kid on a 65. He wasnt even looking who was coming up the track. They did make some contact, the kids dad was pissed got in the guys face after pretty much barcia slamming him in a bowl turn. That was the only battling I saw this weekend.... Haha and the kid on the 65 was ripping way faster around the track then the guy that almost took him out.
JM485
3/31/2014 7:49pm
JM485 wrote:
I actually had a great weekend. Rode the Carnegie harescramble on Sunday and finished second in overall C out of 120 people, and most importantly I...

450crf_732 wrote:
That's awesome man congrates, I can barely spin 3 laps before my arms and hands reach the danger zone... That sucks you got sick... Some guy...
That's awesome man congrates, I can barely spin 3 laps before my arms and hands reach the danger zone... That sucks you got sick... Some guy yesterday was rattling off what he thought were starts and almost nailed a little kid on a 65. He wasnt even looking who was coming up the track. They did make some contact, the kids dad was pissed got in the guys face after pretty much barcia slamming him in a bowl turn. That was the only battling I saw this weekend.... Haha and the kid on the 65 was ripping way faster around the track then the guy that almost took him out.
I hear ya on the arm pump, I usually get it around lap 4 or 5 on the track. The funny thing is I was really worried about arm pump since the race was so long, but I never got it.Huh Got lucky I guess, last year it really screwed me up when I was racing. Maybe it was just mental and being able to run my own pace helped me out, not really sure but something made a difference. Although I will admit there were quite a few sketchy passes made, not sure if you have ridden there but all the trails are pretty much on the side of hills, so passing is a little difficult.

As for the story, it's amazing what some morons will do. I like to think that most riders have enough brains to be safe, and for the most part they do, but every now and then you get a real moron that just makes you wonder how they even made it out of their own bed. Luckily nothing bad came of it.
b8res
3/31/2014 8:06pm
JM485 wrote:

What is your D36 number? My son was taking pictures on Sunday, I assume that was you with the Ratbeach Racing decal on your swingarm?
Tumblin
3/31/2014 8:14pm
I'm jacked! I just saw our local track has a new season schedule - finally after last year only hosting a few practice days. My old frame and busy schedule really kills my moto opportunities and if I can't get consistant time on a local track I'm in no way shape or form going to endure the expense and risk of traveling to learn new tracks. I'd rather work a trail or turn some paved twisties. It's been more than a year, that was 3 out of 41 seasons I've missed. Bring on my 42nd and those Old Bastards... and maybe some kids if we can get that 125 class off the gate!
b8res
3/31/2014 8:59pm
JM485 wrote:

G-man
3/31/2014 9:31pm
It was good as I had a R&D session out on some gnarly single track and the desert was blooming. Smile
The suspension adjustments made a HUGE difference.

Then we took Bailey our 6 mo old pup to the lake. She was like a kid playing in the sand.

GOOD TIMES!

JM485
3/31/2014 9:50pm
JM485 wrote:

b8res wrote:
[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2014/03/31/49784/s1200_DSC_485.jpg[/img]
Yep, that's me. Thanks for posting that up, awesome picture! If you happen to find any more please put them up, looks like he is pretty damn good with that camera and I'd love to save them to my computer.

Post a reply to: How was your weekend?

The Latest