How was Mcadoo permitted to restart? Seriously?

curmudgeon
4/14/2021 12:38pm
erustonmi wrote:
Also, this is a forum i.e. a message board that is made for people's opinions??? so if you don't want to see them then hop off...
Also, this is a forum i.e. a message board that is made for people's opinions??? so if you don't want to see them then hop off bud. See there I did the thinking for you, your welcome!
This is a internet board where people come to debate issues from the races. If you can't stand the heat get out of the kitchen.
4/14/2021 1:07pm
Not got many posts here but to me there’s a whole load of issues with regarding rider safety and rules. Doesn’t take away from Cameron’s incredible ride after the red flag.

Surely a full assessment has/will happen after the race, if it is deemed he has a concussion will he be allowed to race this Saturday?

Also something I’ve not read anywhere else yet is, the rule book say the number displayed on the front number plate MUST be 6 inches in height minimum, the bike shouldn’t have been allowed to start the race in the condition it was in without the plate. Obviously losing a plate during a race and finishing can’t be helped but to carry out a full restart the bikes should have to be able to pass scrutineering
DonM
4/14/2021 3:24pm
erustonmi wrote:
Not a chance Cameron Mcadoo should have lined back up on that gate. The guy has an impact that was similar to a car collision. If...
Not a chance Cameron Mcadoo should have lined back up on that gate. The guy has an impact that was similar to a car collision. If you have a hard car collision you do not get back in the car and drive, cmon. Plus he laid limp on the ground for a while. An unsafe situation for all the riders that lined back up especially when announcers use words like horrific and rag doll. Rider safety should be the top priority. Period.
ACBailey89 wrote:
You must work for star
Nah just a poster formally known as JT Moto....
milamcreek
4/14/2021 8:51pm
Concussion protocol is pretty straightforward, meaning fairly easy to detect.
For most of us have taken some hellacious hits, laid on the ground for a while even had broken bones but knew we could still race and did. Just saying Cameron knew what he was feeling not anyone else in this forum.

The Shop

WhipMeister
Fantasy
4434th
4/14/2021 9:06pm
Not sure the mulligan was fair. But his ride sure was fun to watch.
DemoDick
4/15/2021 6:52am
Not got many posts here but to me there’s a whole load of issues with regarding rider safety and rules. Doesn’t take away from Cameron’s incredible...
Not got many posts here but to me there’s a whole load of issues with regarding rider safety and rules. Doesn’t take away from Cameron’s incredible ride after the red flag.

Surely a full assessment has/will happen after the race, if it is deemed he has a concussion will he be allowed to race this Saturday?

Also something I’ve not read anywhere else yet is, the rule book say the number displayed on the front number plate MUST be 6 inches in height minimum, the bike shouldn’t have been allowed to start the race in the condition it was in without the plate. Obviously losing a plate during a race and finishing can’t be helped but to carry out a full restart the bikes should have to be able to pass scrutineering
Don’t go throwing letter of the law rules out here. watch all the “the rules say he gets to restart so deal with it” folks gloss over this one.

Jordan421
Fantasy
2602nd
4/15/2021 6:57am
Don’t go responding to a post that hasn’t been brought up in 9 hours. We all have moved on and so should you. It’s thirsty Thursday ladies!
4/15/2021 8:55pm
erustonmi wrote:
Not a chance Cameron Mcadoo should have lined back up on that gate. The guy has an impact that was similar to a car collision. If...
Not a chance Cameron Mcadoo should have lined back up on that gate. The guy has an impact that was similar to a car collision. If you have a hard car collision you do not get back in the car and drive, cmon. Plus he laid limp on the ground for a while. An unsafe situation for all the riders that lined back up especially when announcers use words like horrific and rag doll. Rider safety should be the top priority. Period.
Bultaco wrote:
I take you were there? Part of the medical staff?

Thank you for your internet enabled opinion.
erustonmi wrote:
Also, this is a forum i.e. a message board that is made for people's opinions??? so if you don't want to see them then hop off...
Also, this is a forum i.e. a message board that is made for people's opinions??? so if you don't want to see them then hop off bud. See there I did the thinking for you, your welcome!
Great response to someone using their "internet enabled opinion" to drag your posting of an "internet enabled opinion". Reminds me of all the people that would complain about people complaining about Ralph. Good times. And you get downvoted 12:1 for your troubles! Silly
Mit12
4/15/2021 10:04pm
They have a rule book and a doctor on hand for a reason.
4/15/2021 11:07pm
Racer_336 wrote:
He sounded VERY normal when speaking to the medical staff. He was not knocked out. He recalled the whole incident clearly. He had no physical injuries...
He sounded VERY normal when speaking to the medical staff. He was not knocked out. He recalled the whole incident clearly. He had no physical injuries that prevented him from racing. He beat 19 people in the main and didn’t look out of control one bit. These are ALL signs he was more than healthy enough to race.

Football players take more punishment in one quarter than what Cameron went through. Use your head before you post. 🤦‍♂️😉
Re-watch the 2nd start. At the end of the first rhythm section, going in to the first turn he was sure out of control! That early in the race, after what had happened I thought to myself “shit, the dude must be dazed, this could end nasty”

So, yeah, he did have at least one moment of being out of control.

That said, I’m glad he got back on and raced and was allowed to race.

Cooper can go f*ck off.
Thrasher can go f*ck off.
Star Yamaha can go f*ck off.
Hunter can go f*ck off.
Honda can go f*ck off.
I hate complainers and whiners. That is all.
245MX
Fantasy
746th
4/16/2021 6:09am
I've nothing against what the AMA did or Mcadoo being allowed to race again, it all seemed to follow the existing rules. However it does, for me, raise some interesting thoughts on whether the rule itself could be amended.

Picture this hypothetical scenario:

Rider A & B are going into the final race of the season close in points. Rider B 10 points ahead lets say.

Rider A gets the holeshot and starts checking out while rider B stalls on the line & takes ages to fire his bike back up.

2 laps in rider B simulates a crash and lays down on the circuit in an area he knows it would be difficult for the medics to move him.

Race gets red flagged, rider B suddenly feels much better and is allowed to re-start.

After re-started race rider A wins, rider B gets a better start and cruises to an easy third and takes the championship.

No rules broken (assuming it can't be proved rider B deliberately crashed).

Too far fetched??? I'd say not if a championship was on the line.
mx317
4/16/2021 6:53am Edited Date/Time 4/16/2021 6:54am
I honestly thought if a rider caused a red flag he was out, but it seems I was wrong. I think it used to be that way when I was an AMA ref back in the day. I can see why some were not sure on this.
EngIceDave
4/16/2021 7:08am
I have been around this sport for a long time.
I have been at every level in the sport, rider, flagger, referee, sponsor, industry guy, first-aid guy
I will not question the Alpinestars medical team.
I have no dog in this fight.
I understand what the rules are TODAY.
I only know what I saw on TV and heard on the hot mic live as it happened (I didn't realize it was Mcadoo until later).

All that said, I would not have allowed him to restart, not at least without some kind of concussion protocol test, and I think that'd take a lot longer than it did for him to get back to the line (and the hot mic) to plead his case.

On his first hit he was bent backwards under the bike like some Gumby doll, then he gets WHIPPED up at around at a high speed and he landed square and flat onto that tabletop/container box top. A bodyslam to make the Lil Hulksters out there proud.

He appeared dazed. He was slow to get up. He appeared to need help getting down from that jump.

Next thing we all know, based on the hot mic not too long after, is him pleading his case moments after they cut to commercial.

Now I have no idea if he had a medical eval or not, or at least an extended one.

But if I was the guy making that call, and I have had to do it, I would not have allowed him to ride.

After that hard of a hit and without a real medical eval, he could be a danger to himself or others.
I'll err on the side of caution.

I'll take the downvotes
agn5008
Fantasy
256th
4/16/2021 7:21am
GTFO of here with the football statement. Those guys have 25lbs of padding on, do one play then pat each others asses for 5 minutes. This...
GTFO of here with the football statement. Those guys have 25lbs of padding on, do one play then pat each others asses for 5 minutes. This kid just lawn darted himself in a fancy T-shirt basically into a wall.
ajk423 wrote:
You're absolutely wrong about football. Those collisions are brutal, just because they're a minute apart or so doesn't make them less viscious. The 25lbs of padding...
You're absolutely wrong about football. Those collisions are brutal, just because they're a minute apart or so doesn't make them less viscious. The 25lbs of padding you're referring to is incorrect also. I played in college
, and I also race motocross. They are on different levels.
huckabuck wrote:
F=m x a.... mass and acceleration are usually both greater in motocross. I’m going to have to disagree with you bud. Not saying the collision in...
F=m x a.... mass and acceleration are usually both greater in motocross. I’m going to have to disagree with you bud. Not saying the collision in football are not brutal, but dirt bikes are faster than someone running, and have a lot more kinetic energy. 230lb linebacker running at 15mph vs 190lb traveling 30 mph, it’s not even close.
I don’t know why Peter measuring contests have to take place. Both are brutal and can cause life altering/threatening injuries.
BroFoSho
4/16/2021 2:06pm
245MX wrote:
I've nothing against what the AMA did or Mcadoo being allowed to race again, it all seemed to follow the existing rules. However it does, for...
I've nothing against what the AMA did or Mcadoo being allowed to race again, it all seemed to follow the existing rules. However it does, for me, raise some interesting thoughts on whether the rule itself could be amended.

Rider A & B are going into the final race of the season close in points. Rider B 10 points ahead lets say.

Rider A gets the holeshot and starts checking out while rider B stalls on the line & takes ages to fire his bike back up.

2 laps in rider B simulates a crash and lays down on the circuit in an area he knows it would be difficult for the medics to move him.

Race gets red flagged, rider B suddenly feels much better and is allowed to re-start.

After re-started race rider A wins, rider B gets a better start and cruises to an easy third and takes the championship.

Most of these riders can't even give a good podium interview. Yet you expect them to give an Oscar-level performance to fool trained doctors? hahaha
DK23
4/16/2021 2:19pm
245MX wrote:
I've nothing against what the AMA did or Mcadoo being allowed to race again, it all seemed to follow the existing rules. However it does, for...

This rule has been in place for at least 10 years, why hasn't anyone tried this hypothetical scenario yet? I'm sure there has been a few championships won by single digits in that timeframe. You think all of a sudden people are going to try?

Also, the rule for intentionally causing a red flag says it is at the discretion of the race director, not that it has to be proven beyond a reasonable doubt.
TeamGreen
4/16/2021 2:24pm
Am I the only one that thinks...maybe...just maybe...the staff checked him for his "immedaite cognizance" when they were checking him out on to of the tunnel-jump?
Whistling
Which is why we hear him on a hot mic telling another official that they'd said he was good to go.

But, I digress. Grinning

Post a reply to: How was Mcadoo permitted to restart? Seriously?

The Latest