How was Mcadoo permitted to restart? Seriously?

mx196
Fantasy
4100th
4/14/2021 4:13am
What are you talking about bro, if he landed off the side of the track they would have had no reason to red flag it and he would have just lost points. Based off his sheer location on the track he got to have a red flag so he could walk to his bike. LETS ALL PAUSE THE RACE AND RESTART SO LITTLE CAMERON CAN TRY AGAIN!!!
PRM31
4/14/2021 4:17am
IF he landed off the track. But thats not what actually happened. Stick to reality and not a bunch of what ifs. You are making your argument on a scenario that did not occur. Yes, the circumstance worked out in his favor. Not the first time and not the last that will occur.
mx196
Fantasy
4100th
4/14/2021 4:18am
Thank god Rutledge wasn’t there he’d have jizzed his pants on live TV talking about how tough Cameron is.
mx196
Fantasy
4100th
4/14/2021 4:20am
PRM31 wrote:
IF he landed off the track. But thats not what actually happened. Stick to reality and not a bunch of what ifs. You are making your...
IF he landed off the track. But thats not what actually happened. Stick to reality and not a bunch of what ifs. You are making your argument on a scenario that did not occur. Yes, the circumstance worked out in his favor. Not the first time and not the last that will occur.
So if a rider falls in a corner and lays there until the red flag comes out then says “I’m good now!!” that should be allowed?

The Shop

DonM
4/14/2021 4:58am
PRM31 wrote:
IF he landed off the track. But thats not what actually happened. Stick to reality and not a bunch of what ifs. You are making your...
mx196 wrote:
So if a rider falls in a corner and lays there until the red flag comes out then says “I’m good now!!” that should be allowed?
Read the rules that have been posted elsewhere in this thread (or in the other one) that should answer any question you may have....
mx196
Fantasy
4100th
4/14/2021 5:02am
DonM wrote:
Read the rules that have been posted elsewhere in this thread (or in the other one) that should answer any question you may have....
Yup, per your request I read the rules in the other threads, and it’s still a bullshit call that makes zero sense.
DonM
4/14/2021 5:14am
DonM wrote:
mx196 wrote:
Yup, per your request I read the rules in the other threads, and it’s still a bullshit call that makes zero sense.
But the AMA followed their rules to a T, which they have done in every instance so far this year, so how is that a bullshit call? It wasn’t too long ago that they allowed one person to make random decisions and that was always a disaster ( Chad Reed black flag).
Now if this incident causes a rule change next year so be it...but everything was handled exactly by the rules.
LVB107
Fantasy
2547th
4/14/2021 5:28am
Just all be glad he is OKAY and didn’t end up with a broken neck or a wheelchair !
Than gets the chance to get behind the gate again doesnt moan about his pain but sees it as an opportunity he takes with both hands and finishes on the podium! I can only applaud that! Deep respect!

I had a concussion 3 weeks ago myself (a light one) and I wasn’t even close to giving any answers as how Cameron did when he spoke to the alpinestars Medical crew! He sounded without any head issues!

Okay the re-start is questionable because of the rules but if the guy hits the deck so hard and finished on the podium after, thats worth the points, he freaking killed it! nothing but respect! I think any other racer Should think the same !
Logan_724
4/14/2021 5:43am
They should have atleast given him a new helmet. Kid is tough as shit.
ktm293
4/14/2021 5:45am Edited Date/Time 4/14/2021 5:46am
LVB107 wrote:
Just all be glad he is OKAY and didn’t end up with a broken neck or a wheelchair ! Than gets the chance to get behind...
Just all be glad he is OKAY and didn’t end up with a broken neck or a wheelchair !
Than gets the chance to get behind the gate again doesnt moan about his pain but sees it as an opportunity he takes with both hands and finishes on the podium! I can only applaud that! Deep respect!

I had a concussion 3 weeks ago myself (a light one) and I wasn’t even close to giving any answers as how Cameron did when he spoke to the alpinestars Medical crew! He sounded without any head issues!

Okay the re-start is questionable because of the rules but if the guy hits the deck so hard and finished on the podium after, thats worth the points, he freaking killed it! nothing but respect! I think any other racer Should think the same !
This is the take, folks.

He even spoke incredibly clearly about what happened on the podium afterwards. He handled it quite professionally as well, explaining what happened with his leg and thanking everyone who helped him.

Seems like his extremely tough upper body took most of that hit, and then the bike destroyed his upper thigh by flipping him.

I am a McAdoo supporter for the entirety of his career now. That's the kind of heart no other sport can bring out.
4/14/2021 5:59am
Logan_724 wrote:
They should have atleast given him a new helmet. Kid is tough as shit.
This is what crossed my mind
SteveUrchin
Fantasy
1025th
4/14/2021 6:32am
mx196 wrote:
What are you talking about bro, if he landed off the side of the track they would have had no reason to red flag it and...
What are you talking about bro, if he landed off the side of the track they would have had no reason to red flag it and he would have just lost points. Based off his sheer location on the track he got to have a red flag so he could walk to his bike. LETS ALL PAUSE THE RACE AND RESTART SO LITTLE CAMERON CAN TRY AGAIN!!!
Once or twice this year the same shit has happened where they red flag and the guys still line up.its messed up but if the guys is okay and willing to line up again so be it! So stop that BS calling him Little Cameron dude is a beast... only one out there crying is Jett
soggy
Fantasy
3857th
4/14/2021 6:34am
mx196 wrote:
Well it’s very nice of the AMA to give little cameron a mulligan!!! I’m sure it was convenient that a catastrophic mistake turned into a full...
Well it’s very nice of the AMA to give little cameron a mulligan!!! I’m sure it was convenient that a catastrophic mistake turned into a full restart for the guy.
Got to stay in the championship after a mistake that should cost him 26 points.

How most people are cool with this is beyond me but hey, I guess I was held accountable for my mistakes growing up.
It was red flagged because they needed to safely get him off the table. If he’d fallen anywhere where they could of got him off the track safely it wouldn’t have been red flagged.
sc961
4/14/2021 6:37am
SlowOldGuy wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YCivWgEONcc

This does a great job of explaining what rules applied
We can't be bothered with facts and data!!

There's no opinionated conjecture contained in this video.

How can we determine if the producer liked one rider over another?

Maybe Mac faked an injury knowing he'd be allowed to restart.. Don't all riders have this in the back of their head on the starting line..
gt80rider
4/14/2021 6:38am
erustonmi wrote:
Not a chance Cameron Mcadoo should have lined back up on that gate. The guy has an impact that was similar to a car collision. If...
Not a chance Cameron Mcadoo should have lined back up on that gate. The guy has an impact that was similar to a car collision. If you have a hard car collision you do not get back in the car and drive, cmon. Plus he laid limp on the ground for a while. An unsafe situation for all the riders that lined back up especially when announcers use words like horrific and rag doll. Rider safety should be the top priority. Period.
While it sure was cool to watch a kid ride his heart out.... I was in shock they let him ride... his bike couldn't pass tech, and he at the very minimum needed a new helmet to ride... zero safety.... zero care about the rider.... and it now lets anyone with a bad start go down, play dead, and get a restart....
LKHill
4/14/2021 6:44am
Rules say full restart, case closed. Rules mean nothing to Vitards unless they work in their favor.
MXATC
Fantasy
2394th
4/14/2021 6:44am
He'll be feeling it today for sure. He's very fortunate.
soggy
Fantasy
3857th
4/14/2021 6:45am
erustonmi wrote:
Not a chance Cameron Mcadoo should have lined back up on that gate. The guy has an impact that was similar to a car collision. If...
Not a chance Cameron Mcadoo should have lined back up on that gate. The guy has an impact that was similar to a car collision. If you have a hard car collision you do not get back in the car and drive, cmon. Plus he laid limp on the ground for a while. An unsafe situation for all the riders that lined back up especially when announcers use words like horrific and rag doll. Rider safety should be the top priority. Period.
gt80rider wrote:
While it sure was cool to watch a kid ride his heart out.... I was in shock they let him ride... his bike couldn't pass tech...
While it sure was cool to watch a kid ride his heart out.... I was in shock they let him ride... his bike couldn't pass tech, and he at the very minimum needed a new helmet to ride... zero safety.... zero care about the rider.... and it now lets anyone with a bad start go down, play dead, and get a restart....
Yes that was cam’s plan all along. Gotta wonder if some of you even read what you write.
davis224
Fantasy
138th
4/14/2021 7:15am
For all those saying they should have penalized Cameron on the restart for some reason, it is a complete restart. Not a continuation of the race that had started, a complete restart. New race. Erase your feelings of what's fair based on the scratched race attempt.
shiftmx_22
Fantasy
629th
4/14/2021 7:38am
erustonmi wrote:
gt80rider wrote:
While it sure was cool to watch a kid ride his heart out.... I was in shock they let him ride... his bike couldn't pass tech...
soggy wrote:
Yes that was cam’s plan all along. Gotta wonder if some of you even read what you write.
You don't see the irony of your post? He didn't say that's what Cam did, he said it opens the door for others to do it - which is a valid concern. Nobody wants to see people faking an injury to draw a red flag and get a second chance.
gt80rider
4/14/2021 7:42am
dkurtd wrote:
Here is the rule book, go take a look at page 35. Nowhere does the rule book say the person causing a red flag can't restart...
Here is the rule book, go take a look at page 35. Nowhere does the rule book say the person causing a red flag can't restart the race, the only people that can't restart would be ones that didn't take the original start.

Also if you look at concussion policy is on page 65, the Alpinestars Mobil Medical Unit must not have suspected he sustained a concussion and that's why he was allowed to compete.

https://www.amasupercross.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/01/2021-AMA-Super…

That's a rule that leaves a bigggg loophole open.......

can't wait for all the soccer'ish crashes coming up....... "i got a bad start, crashed in the middle of the tightest section of the track, could not move because of a charlie horse, then got the holeshot on the restart, how lucky am i????"........
soggy
Fantasy
3857th
4/14/2021 7:43am
gt80rider wrote:
soggy wrote:
shiftmx_22 wrote:
You don't see the irony of your post? He didn't say that's what Cam did, he said it opens the door for others to do it...
You don't see the irony of your post? He didn't say that's what Cam did, he said it opens the door for others to do it - which is a valid concern. Nobody wants to see people faking an injury to draw a red flag and get a second chance.
It was the location of the fall that led to the red flag. If cam had fallen anywhere but on top of the table it wouldn’t have been flagged. He needed the help of two track workers to get off the table because the stinger he took to his leg. If he had fallen in the whoops or a rhythm he would have been able to get off the track much easier.
peelout
4/14/2021 8:26am Edited Date/Time 4/14/2021 9:17am
i always thought that if you were the reason for the red flag then you weren't going to be able to line back up. obviously the rule does not keep him from lining up. can't say i agree with the rulebook on this one.

hell of a ride from him after the restart. lot of guys got a break and a lot of guys got the shaft.
ACBailey89
Fantasy
2563rd
4/14/2021 10:28am
erustonmi wrote:
You must work for star
mx295
4/14/2021 11:04am
What if he had internal bleeding, You can”t diagnose that at trackside.
soggy
Fantasy
3857th
4/14/2021 11:07am
mx295 wrote:
Ok so anytime someone crashes they need to go to the ER to check for bleeding?

Half the people complaining about mcadoo racing probably have a don’t tread on me sticker on there truck
mx295
4/14/2021 11:12am
soggy wrote:
Ok so anytime someone crashes they need to go to the ER to check for bleeding? Half the people complaining about mcadoo racing probably have a...
Ok so anytime someone crashes they need to go to the ER to check for bleeding?

Half the people complaining about mcadoo racing probably have a don’t tread on me sticker on there truck
I don’t see anything about that in what I said. He clearly took a hard hit to the stomach and chest. His life is more important then a championship.
xrmark
4/14/2021 11:29am
mx295 wrote:
Help me out here in finding the issue?? Dude wadded, got up and was fine, bruised leg. Is cleared by medical staff. Follows the rules. Podiums the race, and sounds completely normal. Insane ride showing a lot of heart. Then you come on here and everyone is just “WTF HE SHOULDNT HAVE RACED”. Fuckin mind blowing. Some of you need your head checked
mx295
4/14/2021 11:35am Edited Date/Time 4/14/2021 8:49pm
xrmark wrote:
Help me out here in finding the issue?? Dude wadded, got up and was fine, bruised leg. Is cleared by medical staff. Follows the rules. Podiums...
Help me out here in finding the issue?? Dude wadded, got up and was fine, bruised leg. Is cleared by medical staff. Follows the rules. Podiums the race, and sounds completely normal. Insane ride showing a lot of heart. Then you come on here and everyone is just “WTF HE SHOULDNT HAVE RACED”. Fuckin mind blowing. Some of you need your head checked
Show me where I said he shouldn’t have raced. I just think he should have been evaluated more.. oh btw this is coming from Experiance. I crashed once and had a charley horse on my leg.. I kept riding cuz I thought I was fine. Well a few days later I almost lost my leg because I severed a blood vessel and severely damaged some nerves.. this is the last I will comment.. Have a nice day.

Post a reply to: How was Mcadoo permitted to restart? Seriously?

The Latest