How was Mcadoo permitted to restart? Seriously?

Related:
Create New Tag

4/13/2021 6:47 PM

Not a chance Cameron Mcadoo should have lined back up on that gate. The guy has an impact that was similar to a car collision. If you have a hard car collision you do not get back in the car and drive, cmon. Plus he laid limp on the ground for a while. An unsafe situation for all the riders that lined back up especially when announcers use words like horrific and rag doll. Rider safety should be the top priority. Period.

|

4/13/2021 7:00 PM

Made for TV, Feld ate that shit up.

|

4/13/2021 7:02 PM

Someone assumed a lot of responsibility letting him race. I'm happy how it all turned out, made for a pretty epic night of racing.

|

4/13/2021 7:04 PM

Nairb#70 wrote:

No doubt they let him race because of the fans. Not one doubt. but I would hope the others racers' lives and safety is worth more than viewers and keeping the fans happy.
|

4/13/2021 7:06 PM

Nairb#70 wrote:

erustonmi wrote: No doubt they let him race because of the fans. Not one doubt. but I would hope the others racers' lives and safety is worth ...more

Hey, the Superfy Jimmy Snooka did that every night!grin grin

|

4/13/2021 7:10 PM

erustonmi wrote:

Not a chance Cameron Mcadoo should have lined back up on that gate. The guy has an impact that was similar to a car collision. ...more

I take you were there? Part of the medical staff?

Thank you for your internet enabled opinion.

|

4/13/2021 7:10 PM

byke wrote:

Someone assumed a lot of responsibility letting him race. I'm happy how it all turned out, made for a pretty epic night of ...more

Yeah and they could have had a heck of a lot more "responsibility" if Cameron landed on someone and killed them and turns out he had a concussion all along.

This is exactly the problem in this situation, yeah the race was fun WEEEEEE. but what if it went south and he did have a concussion and hurt someone. NOT ONE thought about the not-so-fun "what-if" questions that could help keep people safe.

|

4/13/2021 7:12 PM

erustonmi wrote:

Not a chance Cameron Mcadoo should have lined back up on that gate. The guy has an impact that was similar to a car collision. ...more

Bultaco wrote:

You do not have to be a rocket scientist to see what the crash looked like genius, use some common sense.

|

4/13/2021 7:15 PM

erustonmi wrote:

Do you want to know how I know you’ve never responded to a car collision before?
Maybe you need to get your head checked to make sure you’re “all there”

|

4/13/2021 7:16 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/13/2021 7:16 PM

byke wrote:

Someone assumed a lot of responsibility letting him race. I'm happy how it all turned out, made for a pretty epic night of ...more

erustonmi wrote:

Yeah and they could have had a heck of a lot more "responsibility" if Cameron landed on someone and killed them and turns out ...more

Exactly. Could have been ugly, and then what? Then the lawyers start circling. My guess is they still have Mitch Oldenburg fresh in mind and right now would rather default to letting them race, unless it were super clear that they shouldn't.

|

4/13/2021 7:16 PM

erustonmi wrote:

Bultaco wrote:

Also, this is a forum i.e. a message board that is made for people's opinions??? so if you don't want to see them then hop off bud. See there I did the thinking for you, your welcome!

|

4/13/2021 7:18 PM

He seemed with it and remembered the crash exactly as it happened. The doctors on site decided he didn’t have any concussion symptoms and correctly let him race.

|

4/13/2021 7:18 PM

erustonmi wrote:

Bultaco wrote:

erustonmi wrote:

You do not have to be a rocket scientist to see what the crash looked like genius, use some common sense.

The medical staff cleared him to race and there is no rule that says a rider can’t restart the race before 3 laps have been run if they have caused the red flag...that in a nutshell is how he was allowed to race....and he proved he was alright by finishing on the podium...

|

4/13/2021 7:20 PM

erustonmi wrote:

C.Worthy wrote:

Do you want to know how I know you’ve never responded to a car collision before?
Maybe you need to get your head checked to ...more

Oh yeah? you're the one that suggested it but never finished the sentence... now, who is the one that isn't all there?

|

4/13/2021 7:20 PM

It was reckless and entertaining as f*ck!

|

I just wanna thank the Lord and Red Bull KTM

4/13/2021 7:22 PM

Impact like that should really warrant a full check up, not a quick track side concussion check. Even without the questionable rule of him stopping the race

|

4/13/2021 7:23 PM

erustonmi wrote:

Bultaco wrote:

erustonmi wrote:

He sounded VERY normal when speaking to the medical staff. He was not knocked out. He recalled the whole incident clearly. He had no physical injuries that prevented him from racing. He beat 19 people in the main and didn’t look out of control one bit. These are ALL signs he was more than healthy enough to race.

Football players take more punishment in one quarter than what Cameron went through. Use your head before you post. 🤦‍♂️😉

|

4/13/2021 7:24 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/13/2021 7:27 PM

tkimb wrote:

Impact like that should really warrant a full check up, not a quick track side concussion check. Even without the questionable ...more

I agree with both points. You can't cause a red flag and then be allowed to restart without penalty and damn near holeshot the restart...

Edit: IIRC they let Bogle do the same thing after he lay on the start straight until the red flag came out.

This isn't off-season supercross where guys just tactically stay down.

|

4/13/2021 7:27 PM

I would have thought he would be unable to race but the rulebook and doctors say otherwise.
The dude is as tough as they come.

|

4/13/2021 7:28 PM

Bultaco wrote:

erustonmi wrote:

DonM wrote:

The medical staff cleared him to race and there is no rule that says a rider can’t restart the race before 3 laps have been ...more

This.

|

MCM2 name - RXR_ProKawi24
PS4 Gamertag "Rocko24" - Add me for MES2 (soon to be MES3)

4/13/2021 7:30 PM

Bultaco wrote:

erustonmi wrote:

Racer_336 wrote:

He sounded VERY normal when speaking to the medical staff. He was not knocked out. He recalled the whole incident clearly. He ...more

GTFO of here with the football statement. Those guys have 25lbs of padding on, do one play then pat each others asses for 5 minutes. This kid just lawn darted himself in a fancy T-shirt basically into a wall.

|

4/13/2021 7:32 PM

tkimb wrote:

Impact like that should really warrant a full check up, not a quick track side concussion check. Even without the questionable ...more

Buckland wrote:

I agree with both points. You can't cause a red flag and then be allowed to restart without penalty and damn near holeshot the ...more

Why not? What if the red flag is caused because of a mechanical or something out of the riders control. Nobody made a stink when bogle did this earlier in the year.

|

4/13/2021 7:32 PM

Have any of you naysayers ever had an actual concussion? Or seen a friend with a concussion for that matter? Dude recalled the incident to a T and then sounded fine on the podium afterwards. Still made the podium. Gnarly motherf$$$$er

|

4/13/2021 7:34 PM

At best he should’ve been held at gate drop, to put him at the back of the pack, where he would’ve been if they hadn’t stopped the race for him. Total bs to stop the race so the crasher can recover and get another chance.

|

4/13/2021 7:36 PM

The quickest and easiest concussion test is to ask if they remember how they crashed or what happened. He recited it instantly to the T. Was the crash/did the crash look gnarly? Of course, but that doesn't mean his head was shook. The medics on hand assessed the situation and he passed and raced his way to a podium finish.

No harm, no foul IMO.

|

toroP wrote:

At best he should’ve been held at gate drop, to put him at the back of the pack, where he would’ve been if they hadn’t stopped ...more

My point exactly.

|

“Wait everybody. Cameron crashed, so let’s stop and let him catch up.”
Makes perfect sense.

|

4/13/2021 7:37 PM

toroP wrote:

At best he should’ve been held at gate drop, to put him at the back of the pack, where he would’ve been if they hadn’t stopped ...more

Do you want to make up rules or follow the rules?

|

4/13/2021 7:38 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/13/2021 7:42 PM

erustonmi wrote:

Bultaco wrote:

erustonmi wrote:

Also, this is a forum i.e. a message board that is made for people's opinions??? so if you don't want to see them then hop off ...more

JT Moto, is that you?

|

2018 KX450F
2005 KX250
2003 KDX 220
1984 KX 80
1982 RM 80
1980 RM 80
1977 XR 75
1969 Honda Mini 50

4/13/2021 7:38 PM

Photo