How to watch SX in Canada?

Related:
Create New Tag

1/3/2019 6:01 AM

Will sx be on nbc sports gold apps? (I did buy it the last years) but Cant seem to find it? The other NBC apps isnt available in Canada

|

1/3/2019 7:22 AM

Andre-Philip_Doyon wrote:

Will sx be on nbc sports gold apps? (I did buy it the last years) but Cant seem to find it? The other NBC apps isnt available ...more

You'll have to buy the video pass on supercrosslive.tv for $130 USD because the NBC Sports Gold app pass for SX and the combined package of SX and MX was only made available to US citizens.

That said you can still buy the NBC Sports Gold app pass for MX.

You could also try buying the NBC Sports Gold app pass for the combined SX and MX package for $90 USD using a VPN but I'm not sure how well that works.

Those are your only options if you want to watch the races live. If watching the races live isn't a big deal to you, I say don't waste your money and watch them Sunday morning since you'll be able to find them online.

|

"Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz the tower."

1/3/2019 7:41 AM
Edited Date/Time: 1/3/2019 7:41 AM

SX pass works awesome. Close to $200 with the exchange rate but if you have a few buddies split it with them. Your account is not limited to only one user per time (it wasn’t last year anyway). I split it with two other moto buddies this year which was nice. Even if you pay full pop it works out to like $11 per race. Which isn’t bad IMO if you’re a hardcore fan and like watching live instead of waiting till the morning for Youtube.

|

1/3/2019 7:45 AM

Yup. I bought the super cross live package last year and it was awesome! Buying my 2019 one today!

|

1/3/2019 7:54 AM

I'm waiting to see how the vpn works out for guys on Saturday, I feel like I'm getting raped paying $40 usd more for only half the season fuck

|

1/3/2019 9:14 AM

Awesome ill buy it tonight ! Im gonna split it with 4 of my moto buddies so it aint that bad ! Can we watch replays with the pass like the nbc sports gold (for mx)? For when we cant watch it live

|

1/3/2019 9:17 AM

Awesome ill buy it tonight ! Im gonna split it with 4 of my moto buddies so it aint that bad ! Can we watch replays with the ...more

You'll be able to rewatch the races anytime you want.

|

1/3/2019 11:04 AM

Awesome ill buy it tonight ! Im gonna split it with 4 of my moto buddies so it aint that bad ! Can we watch replays with the ...more

-MAVERICK- wrote:

You'll be able to rewatch the races anytime you want.

Thanks man!

|

1/3/2019 11:09 AM

Use a vpn and buy nbcgold..

|

1/3/2019 2:00 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/3/2019 2:01 PM

psmb wrote:

I'm waiting to see how the vpn works out for guys on Saturday, I feel like I'm getting raped paying $40 usd more for only half ...more

I can't guarantee that using a VPN will work but I purchased the NBC Gold package for SX and using a Google Chrome plug-in called Hola Better Internet to make it think I am from the US I am able to watch the preview show that is available with the package. If I turn the plug-in off and try without it it doesn't let me access it at all. So from what I can tell it should work fine to watch the races live for us international fans.

The Hola plug-in is free and a cool feature to it is it remembers what sites you want to use a it on. So you should be able to set it and forget it for the entire season.

I'll try to remember to post about whether it works for the actual broadcast on Saturday.

|

1/3/2019 2:11 PM

psmb wrote:

I'm waiting to see how the vpn works out for guys on Saturday, I feel like I'm getting raped paying $40 usd more for only half ...more

jorgechavez wrote:

I can't guarantee that using a VPN will work but I purchased the NBC Gold package for SX and using a Google Chrome plug-in ...more

I have used it a few years ago when only us residents could watch the streams and it worked well. If you can post if its working Saturday that would be great, thanks

|

1/3/2019 2:14 PM

what about the nbc sports channel using a android box? do you need a separate subscription for that?

|

1/3/2019 2:41 PM

It should work on android box I used NBC sports on my android box in the summer for motocross. Program I use is called "mobdro"

|

1/3/2019 2:42 PM

|

1/3/2019 2:42 PM

jorgechavez wrote:

I can't guarantee that using a VPN will work but I purchased the NBC Gold package for SX and using a Google Chrome plug-in ...more

I just bought a VPN. I have a hunch that I will need something else to watch NBC Sports Gold because the app on my iPhone requires location services to use the app... So even though the VPN shows me in the US, my GPS location does not.

|

1/3/2019 2:47 PM

Let us know how it all works out guys.

I’m going to watch the race on the Feld livestream pass at a buddies and hopefully the NBC deal and VPN work great for you guys then I’ll get that.

Good luck!

|

1/3/2019 2:59 PM

Ramrod wrote:

Let us know how it all works out guys.

I’m going to watch the race on the Feld livestream pass at a buddies and hopefully the ...more

I'm curious how it works too. I haven't paid for the NBC deal yet. My parents have Direct TV so I can also just watch it there, but it would be nice to have it at my house and be able to catch the race day live stuff.

|

1/3/2019 3:19 PM

Can you set up a "remote view" app with someone in the USA?

|

Nobody ever told me, I found out for myself. You've got to believe in foolish miracles. It's not how you play the game, it's if you win or lose. You can choose. Don't confuse. Win or lose. It's up to you!

1/3/2019 3:54 PM

One thing to test before splashing on the VPN/NBC Gold solution is the speed of your connection once you are routed through a VPN. For example, I have a subscription for ExpressVPN that I use a lot to watch Euro cycling races. When I'm routed through a USA location my internet speed goes from 300 Mbps down to 45 Mbps. In theory this is still plenty fast enough to stream HD quality video but there might be more interruptions in the data stream through the VPN.

|

Old MXer turned Superfan.

1/3/2019 5:01 PM

hamncheeze wrote:

One thing to test before splashing on the VPN/NBC Gold solution is the speed of your connection once you are routed through a ...more

Good call, just ran a test on mine and it drops from 600Mbps down to 80Mbps.

I think I'm going to give the NBC sub a try through the VPN.

Photo

|

1/3/2019 6:37 PM

Will sx be on nbc sports gold apps? (I did buy it the last years) but Cant seem to find it? The other NBC apps isnt available ...more

-MAVERICK- wrote:

You'll have to buy the video pass on supercrosslive.tv for $130 USD because the NBC Sports Gold app pass for SX and the ...more

I took the dive for NordVPN and then bought the NBC Gold Series Pass for both SX and MX at the discounted price with the confidence that a US IP address will let me watch in full glory. My connection is excellent and I have added protection to boot. I will let you all know IN ALL CAPS if it doesn't work out as planned! Can't wait for Saturday.

|

"If you don't put your work ahead of your talent, you won't win." Mike Babcock

1/3/2019 7:08 PM

bents wrote:

I took the dive for NordVPN and then bought the NBC Gold Series Pass for both SX and MX at the discounted price with the ...more

I just set mine up tonight too. I went with Windscribe (got a really good deal on a lifetime Pro account), and just signed up for the NBC Sports Gold Supercross and Nats.

So far I've found that I won't be able to use the app, it requires locations services to use the app then blocks you because you are in Canada (even with a VPN). Can't use Safari on my MacBook Pro because it doesn't get along with the Adobe Pass feature that NBC is using. But I was able to get the Preview Show to stream in Firefox and it looked crisp. I guess I'll just AirPlay (or HDMI) to my TV from Firefox.

I played around with a few different servers and have got up to 200Mbps through the VPN. So far it seems like it should work ok! Guess we'll see on Saturday.

Oh, and I also had to pay with PayPal because with a credit card I had to have a US billing address. They really don't want us to watch it up here!

|

1/3/2019 8:06 PM

-MAVERICK- wrote:

You'll have to buy the video pass on supercrosslive.tv for $130 USD because the NBC Sports Gold app pass for SX and the ...more

bents wrote:

I took the dive for NordVPN and then bought the NBC Gold Series Pass for both SX and MX at the discounted price with the ...more

shiftmx_22 wrote:

I just set mine up tonight too. I went with Windscribe (got a really good deal on a lifetime Pro account), and just signed up ...more

Good info-I had no problem with payment and as a previous NBC Gold account holder with a Cdn billing address it went right through, although I had a US VPN when I paid. I go right to the NBC Gold Website to access the races from there. I don't use the app itself. I guess we can compare notes on Saturday! I will stream it from Chrome on my macbook pro through apple TV.

|

"If you don't put your work ahead of your talent, you won't win." Mike Babcock

1/3/2019 8:29 PM

bents wrote:

Good info-I had no problem with payment and as a previous NBC Gold account holder with a Cdn billing address it went right ...more

That’s weird. I previously had Sports Gold for outdoors as well. I had the VPN on and it still didn’t like the credit card because it wasn’t a US billing address. PayPal worked no prob.

|

1/4/2019 9:01 AM
Edited Date/Time: 1/4/2019 9:10 AM

Use promo code 30off for 30% discount, I just used it and it works, brings the total down to $99.99 USD. This is for supercrosslivetv.

|

1/5/2019 10:11 AM

Just about to buy my pass, with the 30 off coupon it ends up being the same price as nbc app + VPN. Anyone have feedback or experience on the supercrosslive.tv stream?

|

1/5/2019 10:22 AM

nickm wrote:

Just about to buy my pass, with the 30 off coupon it ends up being the same price as nbc app + VPN. Anyone have feedback or ...more

It's a new company taking care of the stream this season. No longer Cleeng. Some guys on here said it worked great for Monster Cup.

Personally, I'm not buying it.

|

1/5/2019 11:07 AM
Edited Date/Time: 1/5/2019 11:08 AM

Only 3 hours until some qualifiers go down. Paid the $119 for Video Pass. 340Can.$

Promo code are like a big f u to people who pay full price. Just make it a damn price.

Kinda worry about the streaming, on the archived stuff it is great, and you can cast it. Love that

|

In my 60’s and still loving dirt scoots up here in the frozen north.

2021 Husky 501s

1/5/2019 11:33 AM

Drtbykr wrote:

Only 3 hours until some qualifiers go down. Paid the $119 for Video Pass. 340Can.$

Promo code are like a big f u to people ...more

$340 CAD? I think I'd would be closer to $240 CAD

That's why I'm personally not buying the streaming package from Feld. NBC Sports Gold is offering the SX and MX streaming service for $75 USD each or combined for $90 USD. Unfortunately the SX and the SX/MX packages are only available to US residents.

It makes no sense to pay $55 extra for no additional content. There's absolutely nothing that justifies the price increase.

|

1/5/2019 11:35 AM

How to watch SX in Canada. Move to US. Watch SX.

|