How to un-trick your bike, make it un-factory.

Related:
Create New Tag

12/2/2017 10:52 AM

The best mod you can do aside from spoke skins.
Photo

|

12/2/2017 10:57 AM

Is this factory enough for you? Pay no attention to the stress marks on my factory fenders. Photo

|

Instagram: vanillaice782
Amateur helmet painter

12/2/2017 11:06 AM

Carbon fiber look> bulky plastic

|

12/2/2017 12:10 PM

put a decal on the swing arm that says "I EAT ASS"

|

12/2/2017 3:28 PM

fourfourone wrote:

LOL funny, reminds me of when I started racing in D14 on my 85 YZ80 there was some guy on a 250 the back of his leathers said WANNA BF?

|

All I needs a cool buzz some tasty berms and I'm fine

12/2/2017 3:47 PM
Edited Date/Time: 12/2/2017 3:50 PM

smashingpumpkins167 wrote:

Is this factory enough for you? Pay no attention to the stress marks on my factory fenders. Photo

Some solid anti-factory pit bits material going on here.

This reminds me I need to pickup some gold spray paint for my chain.

|

12/2/2017 5:10 PM

Photo

|

12/2/2017 7:42 PM

Wade221 wrote: Photo

Oh god, those things are awful. They trap grit and keep it in one spot so you just wear groves in your stanchions. Then they soak/hold up the oil so you can’t tell your seals are trashed. If only the OEMs would put some kind of second seal on the fork to wipe away the dust and mud from packing into your main seals, we wouldn’t have to worry about shock Sox.

|

12/2/2017 8:20 PM

Photo

Factory back in the day!
|

12/8/2017 4:35 PM

This just popped into my head.

Photo
Photo

|

"Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz the tower."

12/8/2017 5:00 PM

-MAVERICK- wrote:

Photo
Photo

Lol who makes those? Didn’t Pastrana have some yellow ones in the early 2000’s?

|

12/8/2017 5:03 PM

first step is to not check the torque on your sprocket bolts regularly. factory technicians take their jobs very seriously, they would never be caught with a sprocket bolt shy of the proper tolerance. if you want to appear "un-factory", there's no better way.

Photo

|

12/8/2017 5:07 PM

-MAVERICK- wrote:

Photo
Photo

Jmicmoto13 wrote:

Lol who makes those? Didn’t Pastrana have some yellow ones in the early 2000’s?

Yep. Couple people made them. Pastrana was on Michelin tires, Pirelli made them for their riders a few years ago and the first pic I posted are Innova tires.

PhotoPhoto
Photo

|

12/8/2017 5:09 PM

peelout wrote:

first step is to not check the torque on your sprocket bolts regularly. factory technicians take their jobs very seriously, they would never be caught with a sprocket bolt shy of the proper tolerance. if you want to appear "un-factory", there's no better way.

Photo

Found a new one for you earlier tonight.

Photo

|

12/8/2017 5:17 PM

Photo

|

"A link is only as long as your longest strong chain"

12/8/2017 5:32 PM

^^^ Home made two wheel drive? I think that would be considered making your bike factory.

|

12/8/2017 6:50 PM

-MAVERICK- wrote:

Yep. Couple people made them. Pastrana was on Michelin tires, Pirelli made them for their riders a few years ago and the first pic I posted are Innova tires.

PhotoPhoto
Photo

Good call. I completely forget about the Pirelli stuff a few years back. Kind of cool looking on some bikes.

|

12/8/2017 8:28 PM

fourfourone wrote:

Man, if you do that you'll get one of these draped over your swingarm after a race.. put there mysteriously by the AMA commissioning body...
Photo

|

12/8/2017 8:33 PM

I tried them carbon fork wraps once, dirt gets behind them and wears the anodizing off the other tubes quicker than roost

|

12/9/2017 4:46 AM

Bruce372 wrote:

I tried them carbon fork wraps once, dirt gets behind them and wears the anodizing off the other tubes quicker than roost

Did you seal the edges with tape or you just slid them in place?

|

12/9/2017 4:56 AM

peelout wrote:

Photo

-MAVERICK- wrote:

Photo

Carnage and chaos. I wouldn't be surprised to hear there were serious injuries or even deaths involved. Hell, the one Mav posted - where's the missing piece of that sprocket - someone's neck? I guarantee you neither rider reads here at Vital.

|

12/9/2017 5:16 AM

FMF pipe, Pro Circuit silencer and Bill’s Pipes stickers in several places on the bike...

|

12/9/2017 7:28 AM

I run dice valve stem caps to make my bike non factory.

|

12/9/2017 8:10 AM

Black plastic, with a lot of random decals and for sure some Metal Mulisha decals.

|

12/9/2017 8:14 AM

Photo

And some of these

|

12/9/2017 8:27 AM

peelout wrote:

Photo

-MAVERICK- wrote:

Photo

Harry Backmon wrote:

Carnage and chaos. I wouldn't be surprised to hear there were serious injuries or even deaths involved. Hell, the one Mav posted - where's the missing piece of that sprocket - someone's neck? I guarantee you neither rider reads here at Vital.

Maybe they lurk around and if they do I'd encourage them to sign up and tell their stories. Assuming they're alive and well lol.

Lesson, torque your sprocket bolts or it'll cost you an arm and a leg (pun intended).

|