How to tighten up the program?

mx617
Edited Date/Time 1/20/2019 10:47am
So in a regular night of racing we have 67 min if track time in a 3hr (3.5 if you include opening ceremonies) program.

Triple crown is 72 min of racing in a 3 hour program. So basically 1/3 if the night is racing, 2/3 is sitting around waiting.

What could be done to shorten the downtime? Does dirt wurx really need 2 hours of maintenance for every hour of riding? Is it purely for commercials?

I know there's gotta be podium time, but it seems to me they could easily cut a half hour out of the program. We don't need gimmicks to make the racing exciting, just more racing during the time were watching.

If there was 67 min of racing in a 2 hour program that would be epic. Or better yet, 90 min of racing in a 2.5 hour program. Bring back the semis and fill the night up with guys on the track.

Hell I'd even be open to a half hour tape delay and start the racing at 630, TV at 7. End the night at 930.

Thoughts?
|
Zesiger 112
Fantasy
2058th
1/19/2019 11:28pm
Don't watch the first hour-hour and a half, skip through the commercial breaks.
drt410
1/19/2019 11:29pm Edited Date/Time 1/19/2019 11:30pm
Stfu is what. Do u watch football? Or any other sport. Pleeeeeeaseee guy. Gtfo here.

Edit- just realized your the same guy who already started 5 other threads to bitch in. Go fill out your butt hurt report I dropped off and stop making threads saying the same shit.

mx617
1/19/2019 11:32pm
drt410 wrote:
Stfu is what. Do u watch football? Or any other sport. Pleeeeeeaseee guy. Gtfo here. Edit- just realized your the same guy who already started 5...
Stfu is what. Do u watch football? Or any other sport. Pleeeeeeaseee guy. Gtfo here.

Edit- just realized your the same guy who already started 5 other threads to bitch in. Go fill out your butt hurt report I dropped off and stop making threads saying the same shit.

5 other threads hey? I think you got confused. Just brainstorming here, might want to get your own butt hurt form there princess.

The Shop

joeellis
1/19/2019 11:33pm
Most of it is probably to get in all the commercials, but the riders do need time to recover and teams also need time for preparation. Sponsers probably will not give up 30 minutes of exposure.
Mm471
1/19/2019 11:34pm
Would you rather have commercials in the middle of Motos like football? Long big breaks are the only way to get them in and leave the action uninterrupted. Watch football makes super cross feel commercial free. Not to mention the teams are already complaining about short intermission time
mx617
1/19/2019 11:35pm
Don't watch the first hour-hour and a half, skip through the commercial breaks.
Could work except for if you don't have to access/dvr. And it applies to the folks live in the stadium to as far as downtime. Though I guess the beer runs are a bit longer there.
TDeath21
1/19/2019 11:36pm
Well you’ve gotta think about the preparation. Rider interviews. Lining up at the gate. Etc. Another key you’re forgetting is bike prep. Mechanics work on the bikes nearly the entire time they have between races. You have to allow them this time. While you’re doing that, track prep is a necessity too so they don’t get down past the dirt.
mx617
1/19/2019 11:39pm
Mm471 wrote:
Would you rather have commercials in the middle of Motos like football? Long big breaks are the only way to get them in and leave the...
Would you rather have commercials in the middle of Motos like football? Long big breaks are the only way to get them in and leave the action uninterrupted. Watch football makes super cross feel commercial free. Not to mention the teams are already complaining about short intermission time
Fair point that we get the races uninterrupted, which is pretty solid.

And the point about intermission time is also pretty valid, which is part of the reason semis are good. Your top 8 riders, who are most likely going ti be battling for the win, get the extra break time. Little bit tougher on the privateers and lower ranked riders but they could probably use the extra gate drops anyway.
mx617
1/19/2019 11:41pm
TDeath21 wrote:
Well you’ve gotta think about the preparation. Rider interviews. Lining up at the gate. Etc. Another key you’re forgetting is bike prep. Mechanics work on the...
Well you’ve gotta think about the preparation. Rider interviews. Lining up at the gate. Etc. Another key you’re forgetting is bike prep. Mechanics work on the bikes nearly the entire time they have between races. You have to allow them this time. While you’re doing that, track prep is a necessity too so they don’t get down past the dirt.
So let's compare to outdoors. 30+2 =35 min of tracking time usually. A 6 min heat plus 20 min main +2 laps = 28 min of track time. Seems to me unless there's a mechanical we should be good to go?
mx617
1/19/2019 11:42pm
drt410 wrote:
Stfu is what. Do u watch football? Or any other sport. Pleeeeeeaseee guy. Gtfo here. Edit- just realized your the same guy who already started 5...

Just in case you didn't notice, see how everyone else carries on a civil discussion?
drt410
1/19/2019 11:44pm
I get up take a piss pour a drink grab some food n sit down n commercials r over n the next race is up. Do stuff n ull actually appreciate them.
mx617
1/19/2019 11:49pm
drt410 wrote:
I get up take a piss pour a drink grab some food n sit down n commercials r over n the next race is up. Do...
I get up take a piss pour a drink grab some food n sit down n commercials r over n the next race is up. Do stuff n ull actually appreciate them.
I get up, take a piss, drink a beer, grab food, change the kid, grab anither beer, scratch my balls, walk the dog, and still have time to kill lol
foreman52
Fantasy
3183rd
1/20/2019 4:42am
I would love to see a “B” main event for the guys that don’t make it out of the LCQ. These guys are only going to get better with track time and IMO I think the racing is a lot more fun to watch because they’re so similar in speed.
Sully
1/20/2019 6:39am
mx617 wrote:
So let's compare to outdoors. 30+2 =35 min of tracking time usually. A 6 min heat plus 20 min main +2 laps = 28 min of...
So let's compare to outdoors. 30+2 =35 min of tracking time usually. A 6 min heat plus 20 min main +2 laps = 28 min of track time. Seems to me unless there's a mechanical we should be good to go?
With outdoors, though, all of the riders have an hour between motos. SX cant do that because of the heat races.
mx617
1/20/2019 9:40am
Tighten up the program? 1 class.
The idea is to have more racing....
mx617
1/20/2019 9:42am
mx617 wrote:
So let's compare to outdoors. 30+2 =35 min of tracking time usually. A 6 min heat plus 20 min main +2 laps = 28 min of...
Sully wrote:
With outdoors, though, all of the riders have an hour between motos. SX cant do that because of the heat races.
They wouldn't need to. My point was an entire night of sx is less than an individual moto so there shouldn't need to be any significant extra prep. Swap the rear tire and spray a little sc1 and away we go.
racerx317
1/20/2019 10:27am
mx617 wrote:
Triple Crown is a lot more meaningful racing in both classes than in a standard SX. Commercials are between races and a DVR can solve your delay between gate drops. Not certain why people have an issue with this format. A lot more meaningful, high intensity racing with excitement all over the track. Commercials pay the bills and I’m thankful companies are buying advertising time to keep our dying sport straggling on a little longer for me to enjoy.

DVR... schedule tightened or extended at the convenience of your remote.
Johnny Depp
1/20/2019 10:47am
mx617 wrote:
racerx317 wrote:
Triple Crown is a lot more meaningful racing in both classes than in a standard SX. Commercials are between races and a DVR can solve your...
Triple Crown is a lot more meaningful racing in both classes than in a standard SX. Commercials are between races and a DVR can solve your delay between gate drops. Not certain why people have an issue with this format. A lot more meaningful, high intensity racing with excitement all over the track. Commercials pay the bills and I’m thankful companies are buying advertising time to keep our dying sport straggling on a little longer for me to enjoy.

DVR... schedule tightened or extended at the convenience of your remote.
I didn't say I had a problem, it's the best we've had in a long time.

Do you think it be even more exciting with 1 class? Put Nichols, AC, Ferrandis and McElrath in the big show and they will fit right in. With 1 class you COULD bring back qualifying or heats into the night show. We've seen the lap times, and the 250 guys can go just as fast so let's stop pretending.

Post a reply to: How to tighten up the program?

The Latest